PDA

View Full Version : Anyone catch The ReRun Show's version of Star Wars meets Saved By The Bell?

icatch9
08-16-2002, 02:17 PM
Anyone else see this last night? It was kind of funny but not really. It was pretty much Saved By the Bell, with a few Star Wars jokes and lame costuems. Hear where the characters

Zack= A young Obi Wan Kenobi
Slater = Yoda (I don't know where they got that one from??:rolleyes: )
Jessie = Queen Amidala in Queen gowns
Scretch = Jar Jar
Lisa = Ohera (from Star Trek)
Tiffany Amber Thesians Character was a Wookie
Mr. Belding (the real Mr Belding) was a non-discript Jedi knight.

It was the episode of Ms. Bayside High or something. Screet/Jar Jar won and everyone laughed :zzz: :zzz: :zzz: .

They set up the show with Rolling dialog very similar to star Wars. It started of with something like "After George Lucas second instalment of the Star Wars saga wich is still lingering in second run theaters and his fans are disapointed once again. He needs to find a new muse and does so in an old episode of Save by the Bell".

Pretty lame stuff, but that's what the shows all about. Makeing fun of "One Day at a Time" or "Different Strokes" is one thing, but makeing fun of George Lucas and AOTC that seems a bit off. I mean it a good movie that made a ton of money. What do people want?

Oh, well. Anything popular is bound to be made fun of. The muppet show did the same thing back in the day, but at least that was funny :D .

SWAFMAN
08-16-2002, 03:16 PM
I saw part of it, and it was kinda amusing. I didn't know what show it was, or what they were trying to do, so I was mostly confused. I did like the part with the jarjar guy doing the MJ dance.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-16-2002, 03:18 PM
I saw a part of the show and I thought it was funny for a few minutes. Kelly as the wookie got annoying fast and when they were doing those fake lightsaber fights I wished they were real and were chopping each other to bits.

There were some good parts like when Jessie (who played that bimbo in Showgirls) strips off her Amidala gown and is dressed like a skanky showgirl underneath. Then Yoda's lightsaber "ignites" suddenly.

It was a good idea that kind of fizzled.

Maybe they should have had Mr. Belding dress up in a flannel shirt with a gray beard pretending to be GLu.

SirSteve
08-16-2002, 03:21 PM
Yeah... I really didn't know what to make of it.

:confused: :confused:

BoShek
08-16-2002, 09:12 PM
It was horrible, very very horrible! Well, Yoda was okay.

Lt. Uhura by the way

DarthBrandon
08-16-2002, 10:19 PM
I watched it and didn't know quite what to make of it either, Slater as Yoda was cool, but the rest was just lame. ATOC was a good movie in my opinion and I don't know why they chose to make fun of it in the first place.:)

JediTricks
08-16-2002, 11:35 PM
Rats, I missed it! NBC keeps doing weird stuff with the timeslot on this show, it airs on Tuesday, it airs on Thursday, it airs on Friday on VH1, it airs on Sunday? I think the concept and the execution is pretty entertaining so far, but NOTHING can survive this programming nightmare for long.

As for this ep, it sounds funny, an interesting twist on their main concept. And it's interesting, I had a conversation with a neighbor just today where he said he was a SW fan but didn't like Ep 2 both for the CGI effects and the "romance" dialogue. I don't think they wronged SW with this, certainly nothing like Triumph the insult comic dog's visit to Ep 2's line which most fans consider hilarious.

LTBasker
08-17-2002, 12:33 AM
I've been wanting to catch it cause it looks funny from the commercials, are they gonna replay this episode any time soon??

Dar' Argol
08-17-2002, 12:35 AM
I saw that episode! I laughed my butt off. Expecially when they hacked Screetch apart at the end!! ROTF LMAO!!:D :D :D :D

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
08-17-2002, 01:59 AM
I missed it, but my sis saw it and said it was hillarious.

Exhaust Port
08-17-2002, 02:13 AM
This sounds like an interesting show. I'll have to keep my eyes pealed for this episode in particular.

dingodad
08-17-2002, 01:59 PM
I skipped doing important stuff so that I could see it. After realizing how I had waisted my time I threw myself off a cliff and fell to my death. I am dead as I type this now.

DISCLAIMER: The above post was in jest. Dont try it at home kids. Throwing yourself from a cliff will result in death or serious injury.

Mod Note: Merged 2 posts together
DA

Mandalorian Candidat
08-17-2002, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by dingodad
I skipped doing important stuff so that I could see it. After realizing how I had waisted my time I threw myself off a cliff and fell to my death. I am dead as I type this now.

DISCLAIMER: The above post was in jest. Dont try it at home kids. Throwing yourself from a cliff will result in death or serious injury.

Or at least a bad hangnail or a case of the shingles. ;)

Does anyone remember when Haley Mills, a.k.a. Pollyana, used to be on the show during the first season? She looked so old they could have parodied her as Jocasta Nu.

master jedi
08-18-2002, 08:52 PM
I didn't thing it was that funny but it was amusing.

Patient Zero
08-20-2002, 08:03 PM
I did not see it, but if I had I do not think that I would admit to it.