PDA

View Full Version : Music Spoiler for E3 in TPM DVD...!

JEDIpartner
10-19-2001, 01:31 PM
While speaking with John Williams about "Duel of the Fates", he mentioned that the choir was a very important part of the piece. He mentioned that it is foreshadowing to events in the third episode and that it is very important as it will be featured as a recurring theme (kinda like the Imperial March?). The piece will help augment some of the events in the final installment of the prequel trilogy!

Did anyone else catch this? It was featured in the featurette, "The Beginning" and was almost right at the end of the featurette.

Co Jo-Da
10-20-2001, 01:34 AM
I think he's talking about the dual between Anakin and Obi-Wan but the more I think about it, a million Clone/Storm Troopers marching (he he) somewhere sounds very cool..

GNT
10-20-2001, 11:45 PM
Yeah I heard about that to :) Maybe we will hear it again?

JEDIpartner
10-21-2001, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Co Jo-Da
I think he's talking about the duel between Anakin and Obi-Wan...

Well that's what I meant as well...

I think that it would be very cool to hear this come up again during that very "fateful" duel!!!

Pendo
10-23-2001, 08:03 AM
I caught that too. It would be cool to hear that again in Episode III. Johnny will probably make a few changes to it, making it more ferce, or even more sad for when Anakin is knocked into the moltern pit. I also can't wait to her Anakin's Theme transform into the Imperial March! That would be cool. I hope it isn't revealed in Episode III that Anakin is Vader, that would totaly spoil the suprise in Episode V.

PENDO!

Eternal Padawan
10-23-2001, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Pendo
I caught that too. It would be cool to hear that again in Episode III. Johnny will probably make a few changes to it, making it more fierce, or even more sad when Anakin is knocked into the molten pit. PENDO!

I don't think Ani gets "knocked" into a molten pit. I've brought this up before, but I think he's hanging on the edge like Luke is in ESB and he refuses Obi Wan's help and lets himself fall into the pit. He refuses redemption the same way Luke refuses temptation. George has this big riff on recurring "themes" throughout the saga, so I can almost guarantee this situation in the third movie.

Pendo
10-23-2001, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan

I don't think Ani gets "knocked" into a molten pit. I've brought this up before, but I think he's hanging on the edge like Luke is in ESB and he refuses Obi Wan's help and lets himself fall into the pit. He refuses redemption the same way Luke refuses temptation. George has this big riff on recurring "themes" throughout the saga, so I can almost guarantee this situation in the third movie.

Yes, you're probably right! I'm not sure about this "recurring themes" thing that George has though, I don't think it's a very good idea, but George is the boss and what he says goes!
I think it would be better if Anakin is knocked in, even if it is by accident, it would make him want revenge on his former master. Even though we don't see much revenge in Episode IV we would still get the feel of it! It would make his character seem more evil.

PENDO!

Co Jo-Da
10-26-2001, 10:45 PM
That sounds right to me.

JEDIpartner
10-31-2001, 02:00 PM
It's amazing what a little music will do! ;)

Co Jo-Da
11-01-2001, 04:40 PM
No Kidding...

The 'Xir
11-04-2001, 08:34 PM
Ummm... I'm just as eager to see that fight between Annie and Ben, but as far as that bit about the music, I think Lucas was just saying that because the music in ROTJ had a choir, and by using a choir again for 'DOF' it's poignent because it helps tie themes of the first movie to the original trilogy!
Not saying that 'DOF' won't be reprised in the other films, but once again I think Lucas was just referring to the ty-in of TPM to the Original trilogy!!!

Wolfwood319
11-05-2001, 03:07 AM
Actually, I think I read somewhere that GL himself said that we will see Skywalker become Vader in E3.

It isn't really a surprise anymore that Vader is Skywalker. We've all seen ESB, its not like we're going to forget it. Seeing Vader in E3 won't spoil anything.

Co Jo-Da
11-06-2001, 12:01 AM
I've read somewhere that Anakin will dawn the gear and become Vader (as we remember him) halfway to three-quaters the way through Episode III but he may have taken the name Darth Vader before that.

Eternal Padawan
05-30-2002, 09:00 AM
I think the musical cue when Ben walks out into the desert will be the most heart-wrenching I have ever heard.

Because after that, it's all over. :cry: