PDA

View Full Version : The Greatest Lightsaber Battle of all Time

Imperial Monarche
08-16-2002, 09:59 PM
I have heard that the lightsaber battle between Anakin and Obi-Wan will be the greatest lightsaber battle ever because of who it's between, but with that thought, shouldn't the best battle be between Vader and Luke in ROTJ because it's between father and son in the last Star Wars movie in the entire saga. i mean, when the whole saga is finished and viewed in whole, wouldn't it make sense that the best battle is in the last movie and not the third. I mean, theres nothing really Lucas can do about that, next to taking the entire scene out and replacing it with a new one. but, thats just my opinion. what's all of you guys opinion?

Captain Trips
08-17-2002, 12:25 AM
Well, we aren't sure what's to come just yet, but if, after the battle, Anakin completes his transformation into Vader, it could be, no WOULD be the turning point of the whole saga, and therefore should be the most intense.

BTW...for my money, I'll still take Luke and Vader in ESP.

JediTricks
08-17-2002, 01:31 AM
Yeah, that was my favorite battle too, when Vader was reading Luke's mind. :D j/k, I'm sure you meant ESB, the best lightsaber battle ever IMO.

Pendo
08-17-2002, 04:05 AM
ESB is by far the best duel in the saga :D.

Check out this thread:
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12325&

PENDO!

Jon
08-17-2002, 08:14 AM
Vader & Luke in ESB is the best duel so far in my mind.

darthvyn
08-17-2002, 03:14 PM
i still maintain that the absolute final duel, vader and luke on the death star II, electric boogaloo, is the best duel - the emotional weight of it... the cinematography, the music, the meaning behind every nuance of the fight is just breathtaking! the best part of ROJ, by far, and i think it's the best duel.

although i'm anticipating something just as meaningful and emotionally charged from ep III

Darth Sidious
08-20-2002, 09:37 PM
I think the ESB duel was the most emotional, but my favorites were the Dooku duels. He's just really awesome, in my opinion. I will not say which one is the most important until I see EPIII.

evenflow
08-21-2002, 06:31 AM
I am sorry but the climatic battle in ROTJ is the greatest lightsaber battle. Luke & Vader has so much menaing to it. It is the climactic battle between father and son, the pinacle of so many years of torment and rage. Luke's rejection of the Dark side, his love for his sister, and Vader's eveltual rejection fo the Dark side is all involved in the final duel. It is in my opinion the greatest lightsaber battle. I also love the background music.

Darkross
08-23-2002, 11:09 AM
I love the Empire Strikes Back duel the best (of the Original Trilogy), however...if we talk about the prequels...well then the duel with Obi-Wan and Darth Maul takes the cake. Anakin vs. Darth Tyrannus was too short...and Yoda bouncing off the walls looked so fake.

scruffziller
08-23-2002, 12:32 PM
Refer to my thread here.Rank the Duels (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9798&highlight=Rank+the+duels)

Jayspawn
09-05-2002, 01:17 AM
I think the most 'important/ crutial' duels in Star Wars are...

1. Obi-Wan Kenobi & Anakin/ Darth Vader in Episode III. Good v.s. Evil.

2. Obi-Wan Kenobi & Darth Vader in Episode IV. The Master v.s his former Apprentice. This is a personal fight between Kenobi and Vader.

3. Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader in Episode VI. Father v.s. Son. Luke has to face off against Vader to convey his belief in his father's identity and his.

NOW, The most intertaining fight to me is between Yoda and Count Dooku. It's really fun to watch.

gibbyhayes
09-07-2002, 02:06 PM
You're all really bumming me out (except Jayspawn). What about the duel between Vader & Obi-Wan in ANH? No Yoda, no multi-bladed sabers, no kids, no "force electricity" (as useless as that always is). Sure it's a short exchange, and honestly rather dull, but it is the stick by which all other duels should be judged. Old men settling an old score of epic proportions. Perhaps the fights in ESB & ROTJ were more exiting and emotionally charged, but Obi martyrs himself in ANH to better Luke and the rebellion - and vanished before he hit the floor.

The Overlord Returns
09-09-2002, 10:59 AM
esb's is the ultimate duel...followed by rotj, and Obi wan vs. Maul....

Dark Lord Kakorotto
09-29-2002, 09:36 PM
I'm sorry and I love the original trilogy. and i know this is the classic trilogy section and the best dual is ESB but come on...i get chills thinking about yoda walking in to kick dooku's sith *** and i had to recognize that...sorry

bigbarada
09-29-2002, 09:53 PM
Not being a really big fan of lightsaber duels, I must say that Yoda's duel in AOTC was my favorite also, Kakorotto.

If we are just talking about OT duels, I would have to pick ESB's. ROTJ's was good but too sporadic, and ANH's was too simple.

James Boba Fettfield
10-03-2002, 08:33 PM
Vader and Luke fighting on the Death Star. The reason I like this one so much? I love when Vader tells Luke he knows there is a sister, and that if Luke will not turn to the dark side then perhaps she will. It always gives me some chilled filling to see Luke attack his own father with such hate because of that statement of harming his sister. This battle just leads up to the redemption of Anakin.