PDA

View Full Version : Upstate New York finds

Pages : [1] 2 3

Sinister Lord
08-17-2002, 09:11 AM
Hi... I live in Buffalo, NY and I didn't see a thread for upstate New York, so I thought I would start one.

I've recently seen the new wave of "unleashed" figures showing up at KB Toyworks here in Buffalo. Padme, Anakin, and Vader. I didn't buy them, because they are too pricey and they kind of look more like "statues" than action figures. But I have seen them and they look kind of cool.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-18-2002, 12:30 AM
Sinister Lord welcome to the forum!

I've too seen the new unleashed figures minus the Vader. This was as of Friday at the Walden Galleria.

Snagged a Deluxe Yoda at Target but didn't find Ki-Adi and the rest of the bunch.

Any sight of the Landspeeder or Wal-Mart Cantina packs?

Sinister Lord
08-18-2002, 07:17 AM
Nope... I haven't seen the Landspeeder or Cantina figures yet. But I will let you know if I see them.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-19-2002, 10:47 PM
Went to the TRU on Niagara Falls Boulevard today.

They had tons and tons of Saga Figures. Too bad they were all C-3POs, Padmes, and Kit Fistos (do I smell a clearance)

Also, had a lot of X-wings, I think 10 of them.

The only other thing of note was they had the Bo Shek wave too.

The only other store I could get to was the Wal-Mart on Niagara Falls Blvd, and they had jack as well. They way overordered the Luke Bespin wave.

Sinister Lord
08-20-2002, 04:25 PM
Did my normal rounds today in Buffalo, on Delaware Ave and NF Blvd stores. Saw one deluxe Yoda on the pegs at Target on NF Blvd, and they had 3 or 4 deluxe 3PO's. Other than that not much else to report... Walmart, K-mart, KB, and TRU had nothing new.

Sinister Lord
08-21-2002, 06:00 PM
Found more deluxe Yoda's at Target on Delaware. Looks like that one is becoming more common... and the deluxe 3PO? That one may become a pegwarmer soon, they had lots of them.

Sinister Lord
08-22-2002, 04:47 PM
Found today at K-Mart... Double packs! I picked up the one with Jango and Yoda packed together ($9.99). They had at least two other ones with Yoda, I think they were both Yoda and Clonetrooper. They must have just put them out, it looked like a full display box. This was at the K-Mart on Hertel Ave and they were on the top shelf above the other figures. I would've almost missed them had I not looked up there.

The interesting thing about this pack is that the special barcode is placed INSIDE the blister of one of the carded figures and the other one has a blank sticker covering the other barcode... so these are unique in that way, which distinguishes them from the single carded figures. So even if these figures were split up, there would be no mistaking a single carded Yoda from one that had come in a two pack because the barcode inside the blister would give it away.

Sinister Lord
08-28-2002, 03:55 PM
Found today at Target on Delaware... 12" Super Battle Droid.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-31-2002, 01:25 AM
Found a Landspeeder at the TRU on Nia Falls Blvd today. The only one left and I snagged it. Had also plenty of the Bo Shek wave.

The Target on the Blvd. had a lot of the deluxe C-3POs as well as the Falcon, DV Tie Fighter and X-wing Action Fleet.

drsidious
08-31-2002, 10:26 PM
found an acklay ana deluxe yoda this week at target on walden
an i finally got all my stuff i bought in disney
3 star tours figs (now i see theres 3 more, but ill have to git um sent to me)
12" ki-adi mundi
12" luke on taun taun
all 3 cantina sets (which fit together quite nicley)
luke with speeder
i saw these lukes at tru transit when i got back last weekend
but they got snagged up
on a compleatly seperate note
i do have crap to trade
especcallyyyyy if any one finds that new simpsons
treehouse of horror 3 playset
just hadda put dat in dere
dr.sidious

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-31-2002, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by drsidious
found an acklay ana deluxe yoda this week at target on walden
an i finally got all my stuff i bought in disney
3 star tours figs (now i see theres 3 more, but ill have to git um sent to me)
12" ki-adi mundi
12" luke on taun taun
all 3 cantina sets (which fit together quite nicley)
luke with speeder
i saw these lukes at tru transit when i got back last weekend
but they got snagged up
on a compleatly seperate note
i do have crap to trade
especcallyyyyy if any one finds that new simpsons
treehouse of horror 3 playset
just hadda put dat in dere
dr.sidious

Good to see you back drsidious.

I picked up the last Acklay the Wal-Mart in Lockport had last Wednesday. I then used it in a trade with Sinister Lord.

Other than that I haven't seen much of anything new lately. I am not even considering picking up the unleashed unless they go on clearance.

drsidious
09-02-2002, 01:21 AM
the pen from the cherios box
or the one from the book?

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
09-02-2002, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by drsidious
the pen from the cherios box
or the one from the book?

The pen from the Cheerios box.

They were also in Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Reese Puffs and Cocoa Puffs possibly. I need the Anakin to complete the collection and I will not eat another cheerio without barfing.

Sinister Lord
09-03-2002, 01:16 PM
LOL...:D

Oh... I haven't found anything new lately. Still watching for the 12" Dooku and the Republic Gunship. This weekend I was staring at the Gunship shelf tag marking an empty shelf at K-Mart... there is the shelf tag, but no gunships. Oh well. But I did have some luck with my GI Joe collection, so that's always good.

Sinister Lord
09-04-2002, 03:36 PM
Found more of the Sneak Preview figures (all four) today at NF Blvd TRU. I picked up two more of the plain white Clonetroopers. Army builders.:)

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
09-04-2002, 11:38 PM
The Wal-Mart Cantina packs have been sighted at the Wal-Mart in Lockport.

They had a bunch of them, Ponda Baba, Hammerhead, and Greedo. Basically a rehashed figure with a stupid accessory like a bar table. Retails for $9.96. My guess is that they will be pegwarmers even though they are exclusives.

Other than that, not much of anything else. As I was there, the girls were moving the figures and throwing them into their carts. Didn't see where they were going to move them, or perhaps put them in the back room. Maybe they will come back with clearance stickers?

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
09-06-2002, 10:17 PM
On a totally unrelated Star Wars note, Wal-Mart just put a Christmas aisle up.

Over three and a half months before the holiday.

It could be worse. In Frankenmuth, Michigan it's Christmas 365 days a year. Maybe that wouldn't be such a bad thing. Presents every day of the year!

Sinister Lord
09-09-2002, 04:52 PM
The K-Mart on Hertel Ave had tons of new 12" figures today. Electronic Jango and Obi-Wan, Dooku, Zam, and Super Battle Droid. I picked up Dooku... the likeness on this figure looks just like Chris Lee and it has awesome articulation! A perfect counterpart to my 12" "ultimate" Jango. I passed on the rest of these figures. The Zam Wesell figure is a tragedy... what happened there? Hasbro messed up big time!

Sinister Lord
09-17-2002, 02:16 PM
Lots of Cantina bar sets piling up at NF Blvd Walmart. Nothing else new. Still looking for the Gunship.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
09-19-2002, 10:29 PM
Ditto for the Wal-Mart on Transit in Lockport. I don't think they've sold one Cantina bar set since I last visited over a week ago.

Plus the Saga figures are clogging the shelves so bad, that they just ripped open half the boxes/cases the figures come in and stuffed as many figures they can fit into them. They have them sitting on the top shelf. Sad spectacle really. It'll be years before I see the next wave.

Sinister Lord
09-20-2002, 12:09 AM
I had a feeling these Cantina sets would be pegwarmers... all of those figures, Ponda, Hammerhead, and Greedo, were all pegwarmers at one point or another in the POTF2 line. I expected no difference for them in the new release. Hasbro should have done all new figures instead. This "Attack of the Resulpts" strategy is really hurting them right now.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
09-21-2002, 09:34 PM
I have visited two Targets, two Wal-Marts and a Toys R Us since yesterday and didn't find much of anything.

The C-3PO deluxe is pegwarming at Target, even saw a couple of Yodas Friday.

The TRU had the same old Padme, C-3POs, Maces they've had for months. Had two or three X-wing ships left. Only one R4-M9 with mouse droid though.

The Wal-Marts had tons and tons of Saga figures including the exclusive Cantina sets. They aren't going anywhere soon.

Sinister Lord
09-22-2002, 08:56 AM
Yesterday at NF Blvd TRU I saw several landspeeders and a bunch of the Preview figures (just Jango, Zam, and R2 unit... no clones this time). Nothing else new, just a lot of pegwarming.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
09-24-2002, 10:15 PM
Went to K-Mart, TRU, Target, and KB on the boulevard today. All had nothing new. The only thing of note was that Target clearanced their Reek from $15.99 to $11.10(?) I believe. I did see the preview figures at TRU. It also looks like their 3 3/4 POTJ collection has sold out (with the exception of a few 25th Anniversary scenes).

I stopped at a Waldenbooks today at the Boulevard Mall and they had the Episode 1 Visual Reference Book for $4.99 marked down from a price of $19.95. Couldn't pass that up.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
09-25-2002, 08:54 PM
Forgot to mention that I saw the Jedi Starfighter with Obi-Wan pilot at the KB at the Boulevard mall yesterday. Had 4 left and they were priced at $21.99. The only new thing I saw yesterday too.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
09-27-2002, 09:24 PM
Hit the Eastern Hills area yesterday.

Saw nothing really new except for the Interactive R2 at the TRU on Transit. Had only 1 left. Retailed for $99.00.

The Target on Transit had 17 C-3PO Deluxe figures (I counted them) and 0 Yoda's. They have the greatest hope of getting new figures in since they seem to have a lower amount of Wal-Mart and TRU.

Sinister Lord
10-02-2002, 02:06 PM
Found TA Anakin at the KB on NF Blvd today. They had one left on the pegs after I bought mine.

Also, the TRU out there had more of the POTJ BoShek wave, and lots of 12" Hoth Luke with Tauntaun.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-02-2002, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Sinister Lord
Found TA Anakin at the KB on NF Blvd today. They had one left on the pegs after I bought mine.

Lucky duck! I have been looking for him for over two months with no luck.

Saw a lot of 12 inch at the WM in Lockport--Dooku, Zam, and Battle Droids (no Jango though). Plus some good news. I think maybe they sold at least one Saga 3 3/4 figure since I last visited on Saturday :rolleyes:

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-05-2002, 09:58 PM
I went to a couple of places Thursday and Friday.

Targets: Went to the Target on Delaware Ave. on Thursday night. Had nothing new. The Reek was still $11.10. Went to the Target on Walden the next day and the Reek was marked down to $7 and all of them were gone.

Wal-Mart: The Lockport Wal-Mart and the one on Walden all had the SBD, CD, and Zam 12 inch, and nothing else.

KB: The highlight of my journey was that I found a TA Anakin at the KB on Union Ave. The KB at the Galleria Mall had the Yellow (commander) and Red (trooper) clones for the 12 inchers. The KB on Elmwood near Delaware had nothing.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-07-2002, 08:48 PM
Hit the Eastern Hills section today:

Target: Nothing of note here. All out of Unleashed figures. They had 4 Reeks left for a clearance price of $11.10. Funny thing was that at the Target on Walden last week they had the price of the Reeks at $7.00. Must not have gotten the memo.

KB: Nothing but a few 12" Clone Troopers.

TRU: Plenty of Landspeeders, X-wings, but no sight of the 12 inch Luke with Taun Taun. Had plenty of the Bo Shek wave. They are running a clearance on their Reeks ($9.98) and their 25th Anniversary POTJ 2 packs ($9.98). Picked up the Han and Chewie but no Vader and Ben, Final Duel.

Wal-Mart (Transit location): Saw a few Electronic Jango Fetts and Obi-Wans. Nothing much of else.

Ret
10-13-2002, 12:55 PM
Hey guys. Ret here from Buffalo. Hope we can help each other out. Let you know what I find next time I look around.

Force be with you.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-17-2002, 03:18 PM
Welcome to the forum Ret. I recognize your username from the force.net.

Cruised around the Niagara Falls Blvd. area today and had time to stop at only two stores. The KB at the Boulevard Mall had jack. The TRU on the otherhand a lot of new stuff. They had tons of the new figures including a Lott Dodd, Padme Coruscant Attack, Teemto Pagalies, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Darth Maul Sith Training, Watto, plus a Tatooine Attack Anakin I already had, as well as the beardless Endor Rebel Soldier and the Tusken Raider w/Massif (I passed on those two).

Also, had the new wave of Action Fleet (the Solar Sailer, AT-TE, and Naboo Starfighter) which I painfully passed up. Also, they had gotten in the Luke 12" with Tauntaun.

Ret
10-17-2002, 03:35 PM
Wow. I might go there tomorrow. With my luck they would have none left though.

Sinister Lord
10-17-2002, 03:40 PM
Cool... I'm glad to hear new stuff is showing up. Thanks for the info LBC!

Ret
10-17-2002, 05:45 PM
I went early and they still had them all! Thank you very much.

:)

I haven't found any new figures since August. Thanks again.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-17-2002, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Ret
I went early and they still had them all! Thank you very much.

:)

I haven't found any new figures since August. Thanks again.

Glad to be of service. ;) I was very surprised when I found the figures today. First of all, they were in a bin perpendicular to the Star Wars aisle. One could have easily passed it up if all you did was check the regular section.

Second of all, that was the first new Saga figure I had found since July 14th. I was shutout for over three months. But I made up for it by buying six figures at once.

I had to pass up the new wave of Action Fleet. I remember a similar situation at a TRU back in early 2000 with the latter waves of Ep1 Action Fleet, which saw really limited production numbers. I balked when I saw the new wave then. That was the only time I saw them :cry:

Ret
10-18-2002, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Lowly Bantha Cleaner

First of all, they were in a bin perpendicular to the Star Wars aisle. One could have easily passed it up if all you did was check the regular section.

Right at first I thought I missed out but luckily I looked around. I was a pain taking them out. I got the last easily seen Maul.

Sinister Lord
10-18-2002, 05:10 PM
I picked a bunch out of that bin today... Tusken w/Massiff , Teemto, Padme CA, Lott Dod, Endor Soldier (shaved). An excellent day!

They also had Gunships, but I ran out of money. I will go back tomorrow and get that hopefully.

Sinister Lord
10-19-2002, 01:27 PM
Ahhh... another great day for my collection. Today I got the Republic Gunship, two Clonetrooper pilots, and Jango pilot... all at the NF Blvd TRU. It's nice that the two pliots come with the extra side gun turrets for the gunship.

The Gunship is very nice, but huge... and I have no idea where I'm going to put it. I need to find a way to make room on the shelf. Some reorganization is in order at this point.

Ret
10-19-2002, 03:51 PM
Oh man. Now they got the pilots. Where were they Thursday? Well earliest I can go is Tuesday.

Ret
10-21-2002, 02:47 PM
Picked up the pilots today. Now they have a huge bin overflowing with the new figs by the door. Even have Dooku. Didn't see any Endors or Mauls.

Only new one they haven't had yet is Ephant Mon.

BTW, anyone know what figure 48 is?

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-21-2002, 10:26 PM
I only had time to hit the Galleria today. The KB store had nothing new. Some of the forum users have reported that KB lowered their Starfighter w/exclusive Obi-Wan figure to $15.99 or so but the price was still $21.99.

Figure #48 is the Destroyer Droid: Arena Battle

Ret
10-22-2002, 02:38 PM
Thanks, I guess they're shipping that one out of order.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-22-2002, 09:06 PM
Went to the Target today on Transit in Williamsville.

For those of you who have not picked up the unleashed figures, they had a bunch of the unleashed figures, Darth Maul and Jango Fett for a clearance price of $7.99. They are sort of hidden away from the normal SW area. You have to go to the endcap at the rear of the aisle and travel about six or seven aisles over and you will find them. Not a bad price.

Sinister Lord
10-24-2002, 07:25 PM
Did some shopping on Delaware Ave today. Target has Gunships, six of them stacked on the top shelf. They also had Unleashed figures marked down to under 4 bucks each. K-Mart on Hertel had the Arena Playset, $45. They also had several of the Interactive R2-D2s stacked on the top shelf above the figures.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-24-2002, 09:09 PM
Yes, I saw the unleashed for that price too at the Target on the Boulevard today. $3.98 each. Not bad at all. They also had the Geonosis Playset and about 5 or 6 Republic Gunships. Both cost $38.96 each.

Toys R Us had the Jango Slave I Pilot figure but no Clone Pilots. Surprisingly, they had only 1 Tusken w/Massiff and 0 Beardless Endor Soldiers. Last week they had tons of them and I thought they, being rehashed figures, would be pegwarmers but it turns out that is not the case.

Sinister Lord
10-24-2002, 09:24 PM
LBC, I think many people missed out on getting the POTJ Tusken Raider and the earlier release of the Massiff. I know I had never seen the earlier version of the Massiff until just recently when they reissued it. I don't think it was very common.

Ret
10-26-2002, 04:34 PM
Glad I went there when I did.

Sinister Lord
10-27-2002, 01:32 PM
I got out to Target on Delaware breifly today... noticed they marked down basic figures to $2.99 so I picked up a few of the pegwarmers I've been holding off getting, C-3PO, Kit Fisto, and Taun We. Nice to get a cheaper price on those.

Ret
10-29-2002, 03:53 PM
Looks like silver R2 at TRU this Sunday. I hope they honor past reciepts.

Sinister Lord
10-29-2002, 09:14 PM
I doubt they will honor past receipts. I think the only way to get one is to buy 20 bucks worth of stuff that day.

Ret
10-30-2002, 05:26 AM
Great, guess iI should have waited to buy all the new figures.

Sinister Lord
10-30-2002, 07:16 AM
Yeah, unfortunately, if you have bought everything, then you will end up having to buy duplicates. But just keep your earlier receipt and you probably will be able to take some stuff back for a refund later.

Here are the guidlines as posted to sirstevesguide...

"Here is the information I have gotten out of the computer at work today. I ran across it by accident. It was hidden in with the 'Big Book' information. Here is what I have, direct from TRU Corp:
Guests receive the silver anniversary R2D2 figure with a $19.99 purchase of HASBRO star wars product.
1. signage will be delivered with the 'Big Book' signage kit.
2. place next to star wars action figures pegs.
3. Guest will go to Customer Service with their receipt and recieve 1 R2D2 silver anniversary figure. Product does not need to be scanned out SKN 632433 $.01 retail.
4. Figures MUST be stored behind the service desk.
5. ONLY ONE FIGURE PER GUEST.
6. once stores are out of figure, remove feature card.
This is what I can also tell you, there seems to be around 7000 pcs per region. This means that each store will get between 50 and 100 pcs. I am not sure if there will be more sent to TRU or if this will be it. Also the way I read it is that you can get only one per purchase. If you want more, you'll have to buy a Hasbro SW toy over $19.99, get your free R2, leave the store and then come back in and do it all over again to get another one. It is going to be fun for sure. Also, no stores in the USA have the figure. They are all sitting in the regional warehouse's."

It doesn't say anything about using a past receipt, so I assume you will have to buy something new that day in order to get the freebie.

Ret
10-30-2002, 02:45 PM
Well there's no harm in trying.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-31-2002, 11:52 AM
I plan on buying the Republic Gunship on Sunday at TRU so I can get the figure. They should have some left.

Does anyone think there will be a rush of people trying to get the figure, meaning that the stores will be sold out by the afternoon? Also, I am debating whether or not I should go to the TRU in Niagara Falls. I haven't been there in nearly a year and I am not sure if they even have Gunships available.

Sinister Lord
10-31-2002, 02:40 PM
I'll be going to the one on the Blvd... but I'm going as early as I can. I don't want to miss out by getting there too late.

Ret
11-02-2002, 08:06 AM
I just ordered mine on amazon and it was only 14 bucks. :happy:

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-02-2002, 09:43 AM
I am going to the TRU in Niagara Falls tomorrow morning. Hopefully Canada has the promotion because I don't want to see the store packed with Canadian scalpers looking to add to their wares.

I went to the TRU on the Boulevard last night and they didn't have a Gunship--the item I was planning to buy to get the Silver R2. It looks like I will have to pick up a Reek or the reissued Action Fleet Tie Advanced and X-wing, if the Niagara Falls store doesn't have the Gunship.

I hope that if I buy two items that are $9.99, that I get the figure because I hear that you have to spend at least $19.99 and 2X $9.99 equals 19.98, a penny short.

Ret
11-02-2002, 04:36 PM
Well then there is tax.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-02-2002, 09:43 PM
I hope none of the local TRUs gave away any Silver R2s today, because the press release said the promotion would begin tomorrow. Yet I see a lot of people here on SirSteves got themselves one a day early. That means those stores are all sold out and if you go to them tomorrow, you will be shutout. I would be very upset if that was the case. Especially since I drove by the TRU on the Boulevard today on my way home from Buffalo, but I figured, since I'll be stopping tomorrow, why check now? Plus I stopped there yesterday and they had nothing new besides some Action Fleet.

I guess I will call tomorrow before I head out.

Sinister Lord
11-03-2002, 12:57 PM
I picked up my silver R2-D2 at the Blvd TRU this morning... it appeared that they had plenty of them in cases behind the service counter. I was also able to find enough figures that I hadn't bought yet (to add up to just over 20 bucks), but there weren't too many to choose from. Hopefully other people won't be forced to buy too many duplicates.

Ret
11-03-2002, 01:25 PM
I ordered the landspeeder on amazon and the silver r2. I got free shipping so the grand total is only 19.99.

And both Tru's were giving them away yesterday.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-03-2002, 06:50 PM
I was able to get ahold of one at the TRU at the Summit Park Mall today. I bought a Reek and a Falcon Action Fleet and got the free figure. All of the figures they stocked were ones I already had.

A family member who was with me decided to buy a Christmas present early for me (a Gunship) so I received a second Silver R2. I don't know if they gave any away yesterday but the employee said they had about 15 left as of 10:30 am this morning.

Sinister Lord
11-03-2002, 07:19 PM
LBC, did you happen to notice if the TRU at the Summit Park Mall had any of the older figures or vehicles from the POTJ line?

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-03-2002, 07:38 PM
They didn't have any vehicles from the POTJ line but they did have the Bo Shek wave and the Luke and Leia and the Han and Chewie 25th Anniversary sets. That was the only POTJ that they did have.

Sinister Lord
11-04-2002, 06:47 AM
Thanks LBC... I haven't been to that TRU, so I was just curious to know if they had anything different. Thanks for the info.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-07-2002, 04:29 PM
I went to TRU today on Transit and finally picked up the POTJ 25th Anniversary set with Darth Vader vs. Obi Wan (for a clearance of $9.98). Also, picked up a Clone Pilot. They had a couple left.

On a nonSW related note, I saw the LOTR Two Towers figures at TRU as well as an exclusive Simpson's playset/figurines, Lurleen Lumpkin and Homer Simpson.

Ret
11-08-2002, 06:01 PM
Well using Amazon sure didn't work out. They say they're sending a replacement. I'll see.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-09-2002, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Ret
Well using Amazon sure didn't work out. They say they're sending a replacement. I'll see.

Well if things don't Ret, I always have an extra that I can trade . . . for the right price :evil:

Ret
11-09-2002, 03:01 PM
Anyone check K-Mart recently? Yakface says they've got new deluxe figs and Ehpant Mon. I know the one on Walden is terrible at getting new stuff..

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-13-2002, 10:10 PM
Went to the TRU on the Boulevard today. They were cleared out of DVDs so I took a flyer from the store that advertised the impressive $9.99 deal, and went to the Wal-Mart in Lockport and got it price matched (you can read the full story in the Episode II forum). They only had two left after I bought mine!

Toy wise, nothing new to report at TRU. However I saw a sign that advertised toys up to 80% off for a PreThanksgiving Holiday Sale this Sunday! Someone mentioned that Saga figs might be dropped to $1.90. I don't know if this is the day or if it is the day after Thanksgiving, but I will be sure to check it out this Sunday.

The Wal-Mart in Lockport had a new SW product I had never saw before. It looks like the electronic Yoda-like furbys that were on sale over a year ago, except it is advertised as a magic-eight ballesque toy. It talks just like the Tiger Yoda. The packaging was smaller and different than the Tiger. Still didn't buy it though.

Ret
11-17-2002, 01:31 PM
Found the deluxe flipping Anakin at the K-mart on the Boulevard.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-17-2002, 03:38 PM
Went to three TRUs today and what a flop! A message posted on the doors mentioned a big preThanksgiving Sale with up to 80% off selected items. Well I went today and saw that no Star Wars products were marked down, with the exception of the Reek and 25th Anniversary Sets which have been marked down to $9.98 for some weeks now.

Nothing else of note despite the fact I must have stopped at 6-7 different toy stores today. Hopefully the day after Thanksgiving we will see a big drop on SW prices.

Truckie11
11-18-2002, 09:21 PM
Hi all, just wanted to know if anyone is out my way(Albany area). I found the other day a Jango Fett Variation(error) with his helmet center not colored in a Wal-Mart. I still cant belive I found him, the card has a few digs but still in good shape, the bubble is Mint. Still this is a rare peice. Anyways, why do they call them "Variation" now and all the other's before ATOC were "errors"? :confused:

Happy hunting:D

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-20-2002, 05:39 PM
Welcome aboard to the thread Truckie!

Ephant Mon has been sighted at the TRU on Niagara Falls Boulevard. Today I went after work and found a single dented Ephant Mon lying on one of the bottom pegs. Man he is one gigantic figure! He'll certainly be hard to find for awhile.

Other than that, they had gobs and gobs of the Lott Dodd, Anakin Attack wave.

Truckie11
11-20-2002, 07:39 PM
Thanks,

I found Ephant Mon in K-B along with a few others, I can't seem to find Yoda-Jedi Council, did he get releast yet?? Well if any of you guys find a few can you grab one for me.:)

Ret
11-21-2002, 02:29 PM
Yoda is next year.

Too bad there weren't more Ephants.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-06-2002, 10:40 PM
Went to the TRU on Niagara Falls Boulevard on Thursday night in hopes of getting another Ephant Mon, and whoa, did they overorder figures. They had three seperate sections of Star Wars figures!

Two of the sections were located in the front of the store. They had pegs and pegs of the latest waves and newest figures (Lott Dodd, Darth Maul Sith Training, Anakin TA) minus the Clone Pilots and Ephant Mons. They also had several Yodas and a few Dookus. The other section is located where they normally keep the SW stuff. Judging by the amount of figures, they will be there for a long time. Hopefully though, the Christmas shoppers will put a dent in it.

I also saw the 12 inch Zuckuss, Dengar and others for those who collect that line.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-09-2002, 10:03 PM
Went out today and saw nothing of real significance except KB had lowered their 25th Anniversary Sets from $19.99 to $4.99. Not a bad dropin price. They only had the Luke & Leia set as well as the Han & Chewie--no Vader & Ben :(

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-20-2002, 10:14 AM
Here is some old and new finds from the past week or so:

Found the Holiday Set with C-3PO and R2-D2 at Wal-Mart in Lockport last week. It was there last set. Maybe a little bit hokey but my family sure got a hoot out of it.

Found the Destroyer Droid at the TRU on Transit and Niagara Falls Boulevard on Monday and Wednesday. I think I will be getting it on Christmas so I reluctantly passed them up.

Just curious, does anyone know what happened to Sinister Lord?

Ret
12-20-2002, 10:20 AM
Found thge holiday pack at WM on transit last week. TRU didn't have anything new then unforuantely. That's what Ebay is for.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-22-2002, 11:42 PM
Found some Saga four packs at KB for $7.99 at the Galleria tonight. Granted, they had some pegwarming figures, but a lot of potential army builders such as Super Battle Droids and Endor Soldiers. Mine had a SBD, beardless Endor Soldier, Orn Free Taa, and a Mace Windu. Even though I had them all (except the variation of the Endor Soldier), I'll use them as openers.

The Target at the Galleria had the new Deluxe Force Flipping Anakin and the Deluxe Geonosian Warrior.

Ret
02-02-2003, 11:41 AM
Found the new Obi-Wan and Tyrannus.

Sinister Lord
02-02-2003, 06:42 PM
Where did you find those, Ret?

Incidentally, I recently attended the latest meeting of "The North Ridge" Star Wars fanclub here in Buffalo, and I brought up the issue of starting some coordinated networking among the local members who are collectors. So hopefully we can get something going there, and we will all benefit from the collecting tips. :)

The 'Xir
02-15-2003, 04:43 PM
Hey! This maybe old news, I know I don't visit this thread that often, but I just picked up a Jango Fett SlaveI for $12.00 and a Jedi Starfighter for $8.00 at The BigK-Mart on rt17 just outside of Horseheads, NY (between elmira and Watkins Glen)

They have a huge clearence section of toys, and I figure that other Big K's probably have one too! Some of the markdowns were good others weren't however, when I left there was only 1-Jedi Starfighter left , about 10 SlaveI's, 2-Geonosis playsets, and 1-programmable robotic R2-D2. Atleast those are the only things really worth mentioning!

Hey do you Buffalonians, except outsiders in your collectors club? I'm in Syracuse, and have been trying to find a club for years(anywhere in NYS) but to no avail! Any hep hersa would be Hot! With my job I travel alot, so I get to check out tons of stores and small towns where some of the better finds can be found!

Sinister Lord
02-16-2003, 05:43 PM
The 'Xir, you might want to hook up with the local Star Wars fanclub in Syracuse, NY. They are called the "Salt City Jedi". Here is a link to an index of all the official Star Wars fanforce chapters in the Northeast:

http://fanforce.net/usa_northeast/chapters.shtml

On that page you will find the e-mail address for the local Syracuse fanclub and a link to their discussion forums and so forth. I hope this helps. :)

The 'Xir
02-17-2003, 11:16 PM
That's weird! I've never heard of'em, and I've asked around a fair amount about clubs, and never heard any mention of them.

A Big 'Xir ThanX to ya SL!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
02-28-2003, 03:53 PM
Sorry for being AWOL the past few months. As I posted in the Gen Discussion section a while back a computer snafu has lead me to not being able to log on to this site unless it is a system that is not my own. I will check in, infrequently, but I will. Here is a summary of what I found over the last few months, which isn't much.

*Found Yoda w/ Jedi Council Chair at Wally-Mart last week. The latest figure I have seen since Ephant Mon back in December.

*Ep2 Deluxe figures have been marked down to $6.99 at TRU. Snagged me a Jango & Mace Windu.

*Also picked up a 12" Super Battle Droid at Kay-Bee for $9.99. It seems Kay-Bees around the country have discounted certain 12 inchers (Dooku, Zam, SBD, and the Imp Officer).

I vacationed in Florida, Ft. Meyers area, for about nine days in mid February. Beautiful weather, beautiful girls, and beautiful finds. I picked up a Slave I for $12.00 at a K-Mart and also sighted the Trash Compactor Sets at Wally-Mart.

I have not seen the Trash Compactor Sets in WNY. They have either been around for a short time and were snatched up, or haven't arrived yet. They are rather expensive at $17.00+ a pop for 2 figures. Picked up one set and could possibley get another (I have folks still down there). Just need to know if anyone else has spotted them?

Will check in later.

Ret
02-28-2003, 03:58 PM
Yeah found em at Walden Wally.

Sinister Lord
02-28-2003, 05:02 PM
Yeah, they had quite a few of them there last time I visited that store... some on the top shelves. I passed on these sets... they are too expensive and too redundant of figures I already own.

Ret
03-15-2003, 06:05 PM
Hey guys anyone find anything lately?

I've come up dry.

seth_quinn
04-16-2003, 05:43 PM
hi everyone, a group of us is planning to jump the border into the Niagara Falls/Buffalo are in about a week. can anyone help us out with a list of places we might find some new stuff either at retial or secondary shops. (we haven't really had anything new here since the luke/vader bespin wave before Columbus day so anything we can find anywhere is helpful) thanks.

The 'Xir
04-22-2003, 01:21 AM
and I'll be going to NYC on Fri or Sat, so I'll try to poke around the usual and not so usual places to see what I may come up with!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
04-22-2003, 11:15 PM
Seth_quinn, I don't know if this is too late but here are a lists of stores that you might find something of value:

Any Wal-Marts for the latest figures. I found a Yoda Jedi Council there about two months ago--the latest new figure I have found since before Christmas. They will definitely will have the Jango Pilot Wave and perhaps the latest Deluxe and 12 inch.

Targets are okay for the latest Deluxe and 12 inch but new figures have not arrived in months.

Toys R Us you may find a hidden rare figure. They also have a clearance price on their deluxe figures ($6.99 I believe)

Kay-Bee has a 50% sale going on (it may have ended as of late) but you can pick up some great figures for a cheap price.

Here are a list of addresses by the way for some of the stores I would hit.

Wal-Mart 2055 Niagara Falls Blvd. in Amherst
Wal-Mart 5033 Transit Road in Clarence

Target 1575 Niagara Falls Blvd. in Amherst
Target 2626 Delaware Ave. in Buffalo
Target 8290 Transit Road in Williamsville

TRU just past the Wally-Mart on Transit Road, near a Home Depot
TRU just past the Boulevard Mall on Nia Falls Blvd.
TRU near the Summit Park Mall in Niagara Falls

Kay-Bees can be found in the Boulevard Mall or in Eastern Hills (located on Niagara Falls Boulevard and Transit Roads respectively).

K-marts, which have closed a lot of stores as of late, may yield treasures but I don't visit them anymore.

In addition, there is a Wal-Mart and a Target located in Niagara Falls, I don't remember the addresses, but they are either on or off Military/Porter Road.

Secondary stores, forget about. I haven't found much in terms of Star Wars in very many secondary stores. The only one that might yield you something good, is Adventure comics on Elmwood Avenue in Buffalo, a very good comic store that I believe, carries Star Wars figures.

The 'Xir
04-27-2003, 06:55 PM
Just got back from nyc! and sorry I had absolutely no time to look for anything! I was either watching the NFL draft, drunk or sleeping! ;) I go down to the city alot so I'll do better next time, but this weekend was pimarily for pleasure and not business, which is actually when I'd have more time to look for figs! Just a perk of the job I guess!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
05-01-2003, 09:23 PM
Xir, I am sure you have visited the Times Square TRU location. I would love to go there since I here it is like a giant FAO Schwarz store (which I would also like to visit). I visited a similiar one on Queen Street in Toronto about 1 1/2 years ago and was thoroughly impressed. We have nothing like that here in Upstate NY.

BTW, I found a Star Wars Episode II Attack of the Clones Cross Sections book at Barnes and Noble discounted from 19.99 to 5.98. Not a bad deal.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
05-13-2003, 09:39 PM
Found the new R2-D2 figure at Wal-Mart this year. That means I've found two new figures since late December. Hopefully the flood gates will open now and a cache of new figures will be discovered.

Sinister Lord
05-14-2003, 06:26 AM
I haven't seen anything new in a very long time. I hardly even make many trips out to stores anymore, because I always come back empty handed.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
05-29-2003, 09:37 PM
Went to the usual places on Transit this afternoon. The Lockport Wal-Mart got a bunch of new figures in. Too bad they were lots of Droidekas, Clone Commanders, Clone Troopers and a few Yoda Jedi Councils.
The Wal-Mart on Transit had a couple of Republic Gunships at a clearance price of $21.00.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
06-06-2003, 01:03 PM
The Kay-Bee at the Eastern Hills Mall had a buy-one-get-one-free sale that included all 3 3/4 figures. They of course raised their prices to $5.99 a few months back, but not a bad deal nonetheless. The only figures of note that I saw, were a Chewie and a few Djas Puhrs. They had mostly Jar-Jars, Hans, and Jango Fetts.

They also discounted their Deluxe figures (Windu, Fett, Dooku, and Kenobi) to $5.99 ($1 cheaper than TRU) and slashed their many Anakin and Zam Speeders to $7.99.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
06-24-2003, 10:09 PM
Went on a Transit Road run and the only thing I saw of note was the Imperial 4 pack at TRU. They had 3 left when I went around 5 p.m. I also bagged a Deluxe Slashing Anakin at Kay-Bee for $5.99. Wal-Mart had the AT-AT wave of Action Fleet available.

Target should be getting new figures soon since they have only 2 left.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-12-2003, 12:23 AM
Went to the Batavia area on Thursday and stopped in at Kay-Bee. They had a truckload of figures which to my surprise had a sticker price of $2.99. Upon further inspection I saw an ad that displayed that all Saga Figures have been marked down to $1.99. Deluxe figures were marked down to $4.99. I am not sure if this is a national thing, but it is a good opportunity to stash up on some figures. Not very much to choose from but they had some Tusken Raiders, Shaak Ti, Plo Koon, a few Jango Fetts, Orn Free Taas, Taun Wes, Padmes, and Anakins.

Also I saw they had the 12 inch Gamorrean Guard and some heavily discounted Jedi Starfighters.

Ret
09-13-2003, 05:32 PM
Over the past week I found several 03 figs like wedding ceremony Anakin, conveyor belt Padme, Han Hoth, Mynock Chewie, Boba, Faytoni, red battle droid.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
09-20-2003, 12:24 AM
Even though I have severely curtailed the amount of Star Wars stuff I buy, doesn't mean I haven't been looking.

Today, I saw a truckload of new figures at the Target on Transit. I haven't been keeping track of the names, but I can tell you that there is the new Dooku, Chewie, Anakin, Ice Han, Red Droid, Snowtroopers, plus a couple of droids.

I bought the Geonoisian War Room because it looked too cool to pass up.

Ret
09-20-2003, 11:23 AM
Cool,hopefully I'll go later and grab a snowtrooper. Dd they have te wairesdroid or throne room Palpatine?

And ws the Geonosis war room number 1 or 2?

Thanks. :)

Even though I have severely curtailed the amount of Star Wars stuff I buy, doesn't mean I haven't been looking.

Today, I saw a truckload of new figures at the Target on Transit. I haven't been keeping track of the names, but I can tell you that there is the new Dooku, Chewie, Anakin, Ice Han, Red Droid, Snowtroopers, plus a couple of droids.

I bought the Geonoisian War Room because it looked too cool to pass up.

Ret
10-04-2003, 01:52 PM
Haven't seen anything lately.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-23-2003, 10:08 AM
Found the A-Wing w/Pilot at Target on Transit. Also had the Yoda with young Padawan wave as well. For $19.99 that A-Wing is not badly priced.

Ret
10-23-2003, 10:43 AM
Sounds good. I think I'll go check on Saturday. Have a lot of the yoda's?

LowlyBanthaCleaner
10-23-2003, 12:56 PM
Sounds good. I think I'll go check on Saturday. Have a lot of the yoda's?

They had about 6 A-Wings left as of Wednesday. There were about 4 of each character from that wave, including Yoda, but only 1 of the figure that had the 2 little padawans, (their names escape me).

Don't bother going to the Wal-Mart across from Target. They had nothing of note unless you are a lightsaber collecting.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-31-2003, 09:45 AM
Went to Toys R Us on Transit for the first time since June or so. I found that they had the first wave of the Clone War figures (ARC Troopers, Anakin, etc.) plus the 4 packs of both the Battle of Hoth and Bounty Hunters, 2 Cinema Scenes, an assortment of vehicles and some older Ep II figures.

Kay-Bee at the Eastern Hills Mall had a couple of Tie Fighters which I need to get my hands on soon.

Sinister Lord
11-03-2003, 09:21 AM
At Delaware Ave Target on Saturday, I finally found (and bought) Aayla Secura. I've been looking for that one forever. They also had lots of the Jedi Council three figure sets. I passed on those, too expensive.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-09-2003, 09:52 AM
Last week was a productive week. There were periods that lasted months earlier in the year, in where I didn't spend a dime on Star Wars stuff because there wasn't much to buy. Now Hasbro has released a torrent of stuff that I need to get.

I found a Tie Fighter with Pilot at the Eastern Hills Mall for $29.99, only had 1 left after I bought mine.

Had 2-pack Clone War characters at the same store for only $5.99. Yoda, Anakin, and the Arc Trooper were teamed up with Clone Troopers, Commanders, and another Clone person (who was blue). They were going fast.

Target & Wal-Mart had a sale on their SW figures. Target had a sale on Clone Wars figures & whatever Saga leftovers they had - $3.99. Wal-Mart just had Clone Wars figures and they were $3.80. The Target sale I believe has ended and the Wal-Mart sale ends today (Sunday). The Targets also had a bunch of the Cinema Scenes.

In addition, TRU has the Bounty Hunter 4-pack set that I need to get my hands on.

I have to limit myself from buying because the Holidays are coming up.

Sinister Lord
11-11-2003, 08:53 PM
Found some goodies yesterday at Target on Delaware...

Red variation of Arc Trooper, and Wat Tambor.

Ret
11-12-2003, 03:50 PM
Found some goodies yesterday at Target on Delaware...

Red variation of Arc Trooper, and Wat Tambor.

Congrats on the red Arc.

That's cool KB had the 2 packs. I've yet to see them. But I already have the clone wars figures so I don't know if I woud buy them or not.

Anyone see Wa-7 or Barriss Offe lately?

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-13-2003, 10:46 PM
Congrats on the red Arc.

That's cool KB had the 2 packs. I've yet to see them. But I already have the clone wars figures so I don't know if I woud buy them or not.

Anyone see Wa-7 or Barriss Offe lately?

The Target on Transit had a couple of these the last time I checked (over a week ago). In fact I snagged a WA-7 when they had the sale on Clone Wars figures.

Ret
11-14-2003, 01:16 PM
Found a Red Arc at TRU on Sheridan. They had a ton. At least 10 more. They also had Faytonni, Leia, Han, and Yoda + youngling.

Ret
11-14-2003, 05:22 PM
Hey found Wa-7 and Barriss today too.

Anyone know if Ack Med Beq or whatever is out? Or the new ROTJ Vader and Luke?

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-23-2003, 09:49 PM
Hey found Wa-7 and Barriss today too.

Anyone know if Ack Med Beq or whatever is out? Or the new ROTJ Vader and Luke?

I saw the ROTJ Luke and Han at the Lockport Wal-Mart mid last week. They also had Danny Fatoniyi (sp?) and the Ceremonial Amidala. The only figure I picked up was a Wat Tambor.

Sinister Lord
12-09-2003, 06:12 PM
Hey guys, keep your eyes open. New figure waves have been hitting stores lately, especially K-Mart and Walmart. I've found Asajj Ventress, Imperial Dignitary (Janus Greejatus), and General Rieekan all within this past week.

Ret
12-11-2003, 06:52 PM
Well tody at one store I fond a Ventress, Sasee Tiinn, and really beat up Windu ( which I didn't buy).

And at another store I found 6 (!) new figures. Homestead Padme, Ayy Vida, Imperial Dignitary, Bail Organa, Elan Sleazebaggano, and Outlander club Obi-Wan.

:) :D

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-12-2003, 03:41 PM
I've seen the following figures during a couple of my shopping excursions over the last week or so: Homestead Padme, Ayy Vida, Imperial Dignitary, Bail Organa, Elan Sleazebaggano, Outlander Club Obi-Wan, Boba Fett, Helmetless Vader, Imperial Dignatary, Luke Skywalker, and R-3PO a new Anakin that I didn't recognize plus an Unleashed Solo.

Ret
12-16-2003, 03:05 PM
New Anakin? Helmetless Vader?

Sinister Lord
12-16-2003, 04:19 PM
This is the helmetless Vader...

Darth Vader (Throne Room Duel) (http://systems.figures.com/database/index.html?page=detail&sdomid=5&sitemid=30626)

As for the new Anakin, that I'm not too sure about. He might be refering to this one, which was pretty recent...

Anakin Skywalker (Secret Ceremony) (http://systems.figures.com/database/index.html?page=detail&sdomid=5&sitemid=30473)

Ret
12-20-2003, 04:02 PM
Ok. Well still haven't seen that Vader, ROTJ luke, or ROTJ emperor.

Yesterday I found R-3PO, the hoth trooper, CW Windu, and the ulta 3po.

Today I found CW Kit Fisto, and the deluxe Durge with speeder bike.

Haven't seen regular Durge or ultra-poseable Trooper yet.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-21-2003, 09:42 PM
Yes Sinister, those were the figures I sighted. I haven't been keeping up on what figures are new and which ones are not. I took most of the spring and summer off for collecting and I fell behind on action figure news.

To illustrate this point, I saw a Lama Su, a Saga Teebo, Imperial Officer, and Eeth Koth at Media Play the other day and those were the first times I ever spotted those figures on the shelves.

By the way, I saw the Hoth Trooper, a new Boba Fett (but he is a Saga figure, not a Clone Wars figure, so he could be old) and a Asajj Ventress at Target and Wal-Marts over the weekend.

Anything special on your Christmas lists this year guys?

Ret
12-22-2003, 12:27 PM
Well I know for xmas I'm getting Ventress, Tiin, and the remaining hallmark ornaments I need.

But over the past two weeks I've bought about a dozen new figures anyway.

I wouldn't mind if Santa dropped off some Durges, poseable clone troopers and ROTJ figures at local stores for me. :p :D

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-27-2003, 11:56 PM
I hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday!

The only Star Wars related items I got were the Jedi Council Cinema Scene with Dooku, and an Attack of the Clones Sheet Music for piano (which I can't play until maybe a year or so).

But today I went on a Star Wars spending spree and used a Media Play gift card and spent $20 of it on the Ps2 game Bounty Hunters. The game came with an unleashed Maul figure as a bonus. The nice part was, a year ago these babies were $50. I also got the research droids, a little steep at $7, but when you possess a gift card, it makes it a lot easier to get.

I also got an Electronic Talking Star Wars Battleship at KB for $20. KB had a sale on Deluxe figs (not the new ones :( ) for $3.99. They had the usual deluxes plus a C-3PO Droid Factory which I hadn't seen before.

Ret
12-28-2003, 04:12 PM
Sounds good.

I went to Wal-Mart on Wednesday and found a concept Stormtrooper I wasn't going to get it but it's close enough to normal St's where it can pass for one.

Been to Target and Wal-Mart since Xmas and there's been nothing.

Maybe soon I'll just use Ebay for the ROTJ Figs.

Ret
12-30-2003, 03:44 PM
Anyone else think the new Ultra figures seem like a big rip off. Like General Rieekan with a big board costs 10 bucks. Yuck. At the least the Wampa is a big figure. Not that I've found him yet.

BTW anyone know a site with wave listings?

jedibear
12-31-2003, 08:33 PM
...I've just relocated to this area from the west coast and I must say...ouch! I can see collecting SW up here in the far north is going to be a challenge (Vermont doesn't even have a Target...guess I'll be picking up those CW animated figures on line somehow...) but it's so beautiful here it's a sacrifice I'll have to make.

The Burlington VT TRU has the Elan Sleaze wave along with the current CW wave with Kit & Tinn. The local WM has NOTHING in SW, but it doesn't look like the post-holiday reset has happened yet so I'm hopeful...

The local KB had NOTHING new...just some 12" Gamm Guards and TIE fighters along with those holiday saber/figure packs.

I'll pass along anything I see to you....

Ret
01-01-2004, 11:35 AM
Hi jedibear. The rest of us are from the Buffalo area so maybe you just made a mistake. Good luck collecting. If you want you can still post here but we really won't be able to help each other.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
01-01-2004, 10:53 PM
Welcome Jedibear. Glad to see you back on the forums.

As Ret said, our thread is a bit of a misnomer. We are technically Upstate NY, but Western New York might have been a better thread. But you are welcome to post here since I believe there are no Vermont or Northern New York threads. I am very curious to hear what is available in your neck in the woods. And sorry to hear about Target stores. We are fortunate to have a few down here, but before 1996 or so, there were none to be found in our area. Preferable to Wal-Mart if you ask me.

BTW run to Hallmark quickly if you want 50% of a Star Wars ornament. I am trying to get a Tie Fighter one, and missed an opportunity to get one yesterday at the Hallmark store on Transit near Premier Wine Outlet. They only had one left and I told myself to wait longer for a bigger clearance but I don't think they will be around much longer. Stupid me. :stupid:

Ret
01-02-2004, 06:28 PM
Hey guys. Big day today.

1. At a local WM I found the new Imperial Dignitary, R1-G4, Waiter R2, The new Jedi Luke, and Ack-Med Beq.

2. Target has SW basic figures on clearance for 3.63.

3. At a Target I found brown coat Hoth Han and the 03 ROTJ Jedi Luke.

Tomorrow I'm going to Batavia. I'll report on what they've got.

Yeah they had some of the coolest ornaments this year BC. The Yoda and 3po ones are really sweet.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
01-12-2004, 10:21 PM
Today I went to Target and saw the C-3PO & General Reikan Deluxe figures. They also had the Animated figures for $6.99. It looked like very few people had bought any.

Clearance figures were down to $2.58 with 2 CW Anakins, 2 Securas, Ashla & Jempa, and a Bariss Officee (sp?)

Glad to see you find the R1-G4 Ret. He's been MIA around these parts.

Any sign of the concept Stormie?

Ret
01-13-2004, 02:27 PM
I found the concept Stormtrooper on Christmas eve at a Wal-Mart.

Nothing real good in Batavia when I went they had stuff like R-3PO and CW Mace and club Obi-Wan.

I'm not buying the animated figures. Not for 6.99 anyway.

Has anyone found the Wampa yet? I've only seen 3po and Rieekan over and over again.

Ret
01-17-2004, 05:54 PM
So anyone seen the wampa?

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
01-18-2004, 11:12 AM
So anyone seen the wampa?

I saw the Wampa at the TRU on Niagara Falls Blvd. on Tuesday afternoon. It was priced at $10.99. I had to pass up on buying it since I already had bought a deluxe figure that day. Watch, that's going to be the only time I ever see it. :o

Ret
01-18-2004, 12:34 PM
Yeah you can see 3PO and Rieekans everywhere. No Wampas. Last time I was at the Boulevard stores they had crap.

How about Durge or the super poseable trooper?

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
01-25-2004, 11:59 AM
Found a bunch of Saga Deluxe Figures at Dollar General Stores, no less over the weekend. I got the super cool Clone Trooper with Speeder Bike and a Force Flipping Anakin for only $2! The other ones sighted included a FF Obi-wan, Mace w/Red Battle Droid, Geonosian Warrior with Hive and Gun, and possibly, through the rumor mill, Yoda with SBD & C-3PO Droid Factory (although I haven't seen him yet).

Other than that I haven't seen much else.

Ret
01-25-2004, 03:11 PM
Sounds good. The only ones I'd buy would be the Obi-Wan and Jango that came out this year from their Kamino Fight. They're really rare I guess.

DarthQuack
01-26-2004, 07:57 PM
Hi Group! I live in the Albany area. I will be more than helpful to anyone who needs things that I may be able to find. I am very close to a Target, WalMart, TRU and Crossgates Mall. Hope we can help each other a lot.

-Matt

jedibear
01-27-2004, 12:42 PM
Matt...

jedibear over in vermont...where the lack of any decent stores makes collecting really tough. I've ventured over to Saratoga Springs and visited the Target (to no avail). How much further down the road are the stores you mentioned from there?

DarthQuack
01-27-2004, 01:19 PM
Hey Jedibear.

From Saratoga Springs, its probably about 20 minutes south to Exit 2 I believe right off Central Ave, across from Colonie Center. Not too bad of a drive. Not much in stock right now.

-Matt

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
01-28-2004, 09:26 PM
Found two R1-G4s at Target on Transit Rd. today. Picked up one of them and left the other for some lucky person. They also had a lot of other damaged figures such as Hoth Troopers, Hoth Luke, and baR2-D2. TRU has the 12 inch Luke on Taun-Taun for a clearance price of only $33. If I hadn't found anything today, I would have got him.

DarthQuack
01-31-2004, 09:43 PM
Would anyone want to possible do a favor and if they find Wave 1 or 2 of the animated figures help me out if you are in NY? If you bought them for me I could send you a check, or do Paypal if you use that? Just looking to help fellow collectors if they ever need anything from an area that doesn't have what they are looking for.

Thanks,

Matt

DarthQuack
02-04-2004, 01:28 PM
Scratch that last post, found Wave 1 today at a Target in E. Greenbush. Come on NY lets talk, this board is getting BORING.

-Matt

jedibear
02-06-2004, 06:26 PM
hey folks...

Haven't made it back over to NY lately (our Hoth-like conditions prevent any excess travelling about)
Went to Maine last weekend and managed to score the 2nd CW animated wave...now if only I could find Assaj...maybe next trip.
Locally, all our TRU got lately was more CW multipaks (asst with the Spider Droid) and the Jedi Box set. Despite the majority of the set being rehashes I picked it up anyway...that's what a dry spell will do to ya.
Hopefully stuff'll make it's way north...i've read lots of posts online about the Jabba Ultra wave and the next wave of figures showing up...

Here's hoping....stay warm n' dry out there & MTFBWY!

DarthQuack
02-11-2004, 09:27 PM
I saw the first wave of 04 at a local walmart, R-3PO, Luke Hoth and Hoth trooper. I will be picking them up in the morning.

-Matt

Sinister Lord
02-12-2004, 09:05 AM
Found 12" scale Lando (as Skiff Guard) yesterday... Hasbro did a good job on this one.

Haven't seen much else new lately, although the animated figures have been showing up a lot at Target. I passed on them.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
02-18-2004, 09:52 PM
Toys R Us has a special for the week basically stating that if you spend more than $14.99 on Star Wars merchandise, you get a free 3 3/4 size figure for free (up to $4.99). Unfortuneatly, they had a limited selection left, a few R-3POs, Hoth Troopers and a Leia as well as some old Zuttons and Bespin Guard POTJ that they will never get rid of. I needed one more Cinema Scene anyway so I picked one up and got a free Hoth Trooper. I did see the Lando 12 inch there as well.

Other than that, there hasn't been much floating around out there.

jonthejedi
02-19-2004, 01:47 PM
Actually, that free figure special is all month till Feb. 29th...and be glad your store HAD a free figure for you to choose from. I bought 2 new Unleashed, and they wouldn't even give me an old decoy Amidala figure. Supposedly, it's only certain assortment #'s that qualify. Empty pegs here, not much else.

jedibear
02-20-2004, 07:38 PM
that special is running at the Burlington VT TRU as well with nothing but a couple of Ack-Med's to choose from.

I nearly passed out this week when I stopped by our KMart and saw the entire J'Quille wave! Looks like they put out one case of it...I grabbed a set. Stopped by today...all were gone but one Hoth Trooper.

Our WM put out four cases of the re-carded Aalya Secura wave. That'll sit there for months preventing sny new arrivals. (Our store is one of the low-ball ones that only has four pegs set aside for SW...just basic figures...no Ultra, no 12", no Unleashed....grrrr.)

Our TRU has put out NOTHING NEW since the beginning of Jan with the minor exception of the Jedi fourpack rehash set.

I hope some of that stuff that's been appearing down south of me makes it's way up here...(Unleashed, Ultras, 12" and single-carded....)

Ret
02-23-2004, 02:03 PM
Finally found the Wampa this weekend in Buffalo.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
03-06-2004, 11:24 AM
:( Hey guys, do you know of any other Kay-Bee Toy casualties besides the store located in the Eastern Hills Mall?

I haven't been around any stores recently aside from Transit Road. I know that the nationwide, 300 stores or so were axed recently, with more possibly coming.

My only regret is that I couldn't make it while the store was having it's clearance/closing sale. I betcha I could have picked up some good deals. :(

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
03-14-2004, 12:18 PM
Found the ultra Jabba the Hutt and Jabba's court denizens at Target last week. Pretty excited to find them because they are cool figures.

Ret
03-19-2004, 04:16 PM
In the past two days I've found:

Rappertunie, Lando in disguise, Holo Luke, Tanus, Tie Pilot, Dodonna, Dutch Vander, Antillies, and the Jabba's court Denizens 3 pack.

Thank goodness for credit cards.

Must have just missed a Jabba.

Jay86
03-29-2004, 09:35 PM
Well, for anyone who read my rant about Poughkeepsie in the "What figures are still on the pegs" thread in the Saga section of the forums, I said that most of the stores near me in Poughkeepsie didnt have much, well, that hasnt changed as of today. I went out to TRU and they didnt have many figures, a Ceremony Anakin and some other easy to find figures but thats about it, but my trip out there was well worth it when I looked over and spotted a good amount of Ultra Jabba's and his Denizens sets, neadless to say I didnt plan on getting his Denizens but I was caught up in the moment of actually finding these things so I grabbed a set anyway. That find alone was worth my trip out, but other than that, theres not much to report on, nothing new that is. But if you live in the Poughkeepsie area and you need the Ultra Jabba and the Denizens set, TRU has them, and plenty of them actually.

Ret
04-04-2004, 01:06 PM
Recently in Buffalo I found: Ultra Jabba, the denizens, ultra Jango, and ultra Ben.

Got a silver clonetrooper today. You couldn't just buy the figure for 4.99. So I got a Han unleashed. The only unleashed they had. And I picked up a spider droid.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
04-05-2004, 12:08 AM
I too picked up the Silver Clonetrooper at TRU. The bad part was deliberating what item to get in order to pick up the free figure. I settled on the Jedi Warriors 4 pack due to lack of choice. The figures all are rehashed and the accessory could have been a lot better, but I had to pick something.

Ret or Sinister, do you know of which Kay-Bees have closed? The only one I know of to bite the dust is the one located in the Eastern Hills Mall.

Ret
04-05-2004, 01:26 PM
As far as I know that's the only one.

Jay86
04-19-2004, 08:48 PM
Went out to the TRU in Poughkeepsie today, they had a few Silver Clone Troopers still hanging there, I figured they would have all been snatched up, but I picked one up anyway since they were there. They didnt have anything relatively new, in fact they had the same Deluxe Durge set (without a Durge, some scumbag of a "collector" cut him out and took just him and left the speeder bike) and the same few Ultra Obi-Wans and Jango's they've had for a while now. The only "new" figures they actually had were, amazingly, ALL 2001/2002 POTJ sneak preview figures, which they had plenty of. This is ridiculous, those figures are a good 2/3 years old and they're still charging $4.99 for them? Had they been Episode 1 figures they would have been on clearance by now. Well, there were a few Sneak Preview Clone Troopers there, so I picked one up, I figured at $4.99 its a steal compared to the $8.99 or so they want online for 'em. They also had one Red Leader's X-Wing set, in fact, it was actually hilarious when I looked at it. I'm not talking about the set itself, actually it was more so what was MISSING from the set. The same scumbag (I presume) who cut Durge from his package and took just him had cut out the Red Leader figure and taken just him from the box, leaving just the X-Wing. Well after reading all the horrible reviews of that set I've read online I thought that was kind of funny, I mean I've seen the figure and he's hardly anything I'd be willing to attempt to steal. I dont think I've read a single positive review of that figure......Anyway, I went on over to the Wal*Mart there, and they had, literally, NOTHING. There was plenty of other toys in the toy isle, but absolutely NO Star Wars figures at all. I'm thinking about just giving up the whole toy hunting thing and resorting to strictly online/ebay buying, I havent found anything good since the end of January :/

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
04-28-2004, 10:22 PM
Visited a few stores today and here is what I found:

TRU (Transit Rd.): Had a few new items, finally! The Silver Clonetrooper sale cleared out some space. They had the new X-Wings which I promptly passed on, since I picked up a Saga one less than two years ago. They also had some Deluxe figures including a Spider Droid, and the Clone Wars version of the Clone Trooper with Speeder Bike. After cleaning out Dollar General of their Saga versions, I passed on him. They also had a Geonosian Starfighter that I must of missed on earlier, as well as the new Deluxe Jango Fett and Obi-Wan.

Target: They had some more Aalya Securas plus a few more figures from that wave (where do they find them?) as well as some Deluxe Obi-Wans. Also, those stupid Cup and Figure sets are still langushing on the shelves.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
05-26-2004, 10:28 PM
Well after finding the same old, same old at TRU, Target and Wally-Mart (I've boycotted them anyway) I went to K-Mart on Niagara Falls Boulevard for the first time since the Christmas season, last Thursday, and low and behold, I found a new wave!

They had Dutch Vanders, Tie Pilots, a Rappetunie, and a Tanus Spijak among others. I purchased the latter two. The cards were a bit tattered and the price was $5.49, but it was well worth it. I'll have to frequent K-Mart more often.

ANEEL
05-27-2004, 12:39 PM
This Is For Jay. Red 3 Pack In On The Way To You .

Jay86
05-27-2004, 01:50 PM
This Is For Jay. Red 3 Pack In On The Way To You .
I shipped your Green 3-pack out yesterday Aneel :)

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
06-23-2004, 10:55 AM
It's been awhile since I posted here. Let me update a few things.

I visited the Albany area about three weeks ago. I found more there in one day than I did in the Buffalo area in months. At a Target on Central Avenue, I found the Antilles wave plus a few new Deluxe figures.

I will be going to Toronto some time by the end of August. The Silver Snail comic store is a wonderous place to visit, as they have nearly every figure post 1995, ever made. Of course a few of the rarer ones are missing like Motti, TC-14, Super Articulated and Sketchie. But it seems like they have every other figure made.

Oh yeah I spied a Clone Wars: Kit Fisto at Rite Aid. The bad news is that it's priced at $7.99. What does anyone think?

Ret
06-23-2004, 11:46 AM
Sounds pretty good to me.

DarthQuack
06-25-2004, 09:11 AM
There are two Targets in the Albany area, one in Colonie and one in East Greenbush, they both had CW figures. I'll have to see what ones they have, I remember seeing Mace, Anakin, Obi-Wan and Assaj (spelling?).

DarthQuack
06-30-2004, 08:55 PM
Found OTC Lightsabers in the Albany/Colonie Target today. Had Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, and Obi Wan's.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
06-30-2004, 11:19 PM
It was the Target then on Colonie DQ. I think I found the Clone Wars wave minus the SA there as well. The TRU on Central had jack, but I did think about getting a clearanced 12" Taun Taun, but saved my $ $ $.

I too saw the OTC lightsabers at Target, hoping for a either a clearance sale or to see some new figures possibly.

DarthQuack
07-01-2004, 01:21 AM
Yea, I saw that clearance on 12" figures and the Luke and Taun-Taun I believe, doesn't really interest me though...

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-20-2004, 11:27 PM
Went cruising down the Boulevard today, I only had time for a trip around the Niagara Falls area. I visited the TRU at the Summit Park Mall, the Target, K-Mart and Kay-Bee Liquidators and found a lot of OTC figures.

The TRU, I wouldn't be surprised to see, close because of the lack of business in and around the mall. The store had more employees then customers and even the merchandise compared to other stores, is a lot older. Case in point, I saw the preview Episode II figures (Zam, Jango) and an Episode I Destroyer Droid Alarm Clock.

The stuff I got today where DV's Tie Fighter, A Saga Tie Fighter Pilot. The only Original Trilogy figure I bought was a Dagobah Luke.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-31-2004, 11:10 PM
Yesterday, I scored some minor successes, like a few animated Clone Wars figures at Target for over 50% off (Dooku, Ani and Mace). Otherwise, nothing surprising of note, TRU had the Falcon, X-Wing and DV's Tie Fighter aplenty. I got a Deluxe Ewok Glider. KB had a sale where basic figures were buy 1, get the other 50% off. Of course the figures were old pegwarmers.
K-Mart had the Vintage 12" in, 2 Luke Skywalkers to be exact.

Nothing to report yet for Dollar General stores, supposedly we might see some 3 3/4 figures from early 03' show up. So far, the only thing I see are Episode 1 Foam Blasters.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-13-2004, 11:43 AM
Took a little trip to The Finger Lakes/Central NY, the past week and hit a few stores along the way.

They seem to be a bit behind, as I only saw a couple of VOTC figures at a Kay-Bee in Canadaigua, NY and no OTC at all. I picked up a few hard to find figures in my neck of the woods, like J'Quille, and Lando. They have gobs of figures from that wave.

VOTC seems to be prevalent at Target in Western New York, but so far have seen only signs of the initial wave.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-16-2004, 11:33 PM
Saw some new stuff today while I was taking care of business in Buffalo.

The Target on Delaware had VOTC, OTC and 12" Vintage Style Lukes and Stormtroopers. The VOTC were from the first wave, minus Leia and the only OTC figures they had were Han. They also had the Millennium Falcon and those stupid figures that come packed with a Star Wars glass on sale for $6.88.

The TRU on Niagara Falls Blvd. had the General Madine wave with 3 or 4 of each figure, plus the two new Jedi Scenes. I passed on the latter two because of the rehashed figures. So badly wanted to get to K-Mart to look for their exclusive Jedi Room scene, but never made it there.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
09-16-2004, 10:00 PM
Went on a mini-hunt yesterday (just 2 places) but I found a lot of stuff.

At the TRU at Niagara Falls Boulevard, I saw the new Jedi Council Cinema Scene, and the new Endor themed 4-pack. Had to pass on those, but I'm sure they will be there later.

At K-Mart on Hertel, while I didn't see their exclusive Cinema Scene, I saw a lot of OTC figures I hadn't seen before including a Stormtrooper, Boba Fett, Bespin Leia, Wicket and Lobot. I passed on all of them except a Stormie.

Last week I saw 2 Ephant Mons :) at KB at the Boulevard Mall and snagged them. Not bad for $2.99 apiece.

I am currently trading one so visit the TRADING SECTION of these forums and look under Saga if you want one. :cool:

elkkthunder
09-27-2004, 05:51 AM
Long time viewer, 1st time posting

I collect some SW, am in WNY mainly Niagara and Erie County

Recently looking for some SW Vintage OTC and Target Slave 1 with Fett

Recent Finds

Kmart Blvd- Galactic Heroes wave 2 and 3

Target in Niagara Falls- 1 Lando VOTC

Would appreciate helping to find others need and wants-
Have done so for other local traders

DarthQuack
09-27-2004, 09:16 PM
I haven't been on in a while, that and I hadn't seen much of anything good lately, but my local Wal-Mart finally got their act together with some VOTC figures.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
09-27-2004, 09:19 PM
Elkkthunder, welcome aboard. Look forward to swapping information (and possibly figures) with you.

I've met a few local collectors over the years I've been on Sirsteves, and have nothing but positive things to say, especially with Sinister Lord & Ret. We've all been a big help in terms of tips and helping each other find hard-to-find items.

I saw plenty of Galatic Heroes stuff at K-Mart on Hertel today, along with the exclusive Mos Eisley Cantina Cinema Scene. Had two left as of 8 p.m. Monday night.

elkkthunder
09-28-2004, 05:39 PM
Thanks for the welcome- Keep me up to date on peoples wants I will deliver

I found

New Target Exclusive Slave 1 with Fett at Target on Deleware
Also new VOTC Lando, Chewie, R2D2, Vader- someone got to Stormtrooper and Fett

I left the Lando and Vader

I need VOTC C3po, fett, stormtrooper

Thanks

DarthQuack
10-01-2004, 12:04 PM
Checked out Target in Capital Region, East Greenbush to be specific. Had some VOTC figures from 1st wave, and some OTC figures as well, couple lightsabers too.

elkkthunder
10-01-2004, 04:02 PM
hit
Kmart Blvd - nothing new
Taret Blvd- nothing new

I need still some VOTC figs and that is about all

elkkthunder
10-03-2004, 04:07 PM
Target Deleware - Lando VOTC

Target Hamburg- grabbed VOTC Fett and Trooper, left the rest of a case
TRU Hamburg - VOTC Vader and Yoda

I need VOTC C-3PO if anyone finds him

Also galactic heroes new Mill Falcon is showing up at Kmart and TRU

DarthQuack
10-03-2004, 06:46 PM
Elk, where abouts in NY do you live with your store updates?

elkkthunder
10-03-2004, 07:05 PM
western ny, ie buffalo area

DarthQuack
10-03-2004, 10:03 PM
Thanks, hopefully you get some good finds!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-12-2004, 09:59 PM
Found a VOTC Calrissian at the Target on Delaware Monday.

Kay-Bee is having a sale of sorts on Star Wars figures and stuff. The Elmwood store I visited had a 75% off sale on the Mos Epsa Cinema Scenes (they couldn't give those away) and Ep II walkie talkies.

50% off the 12" Gammorean Guard (KB exclusive) and Action Fleet (picked up a Solar Sailer I've been meaning to get my hands on). There probably a few items on clearance that I have forgotten about.

elkkthunder
10-14-2004, 04:58 AM
TRU Blvd- Vader and Yoda VOTC

I finally got all the VOTC and slave 1, so I am all set for awhile.

elkkthunder
10-17-2004, 11:09 AM
picked up Jedi Force set of figures at Target on walden- these are the rescue hero style figures, pretty neat

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-17-2004, 01:23 PM
Believe it or not, Tops Supermarkets are stocking OTC figures.

I went to my local Tops in Lockport yesterday and saw two unopened cases of OTC figures sitting on a cart. I rooted through one of them and found that they were of the initial waves (Spirit Obi, Dagobah Luke, Obi-Wan) and saw some figures that I didn't have. I only bought one cuz they were retailed at $6.99 apiece, but if you have a Bonuscard, it will knock it down to $6.49 plus tax. It may be worth visiting for a hard-to-find figure you might not have.

DarthQuack
10-17-2004, 10:10 PM
If you see a Dagobah Luke would you want to pick it up for me? If so, send me a PM. Thanks

MQ

ironsaviour2
11-09-2004, 05:54 AM
Hi! First of all sorry for my poor english.

ironsaviour2
11-09-2004, 06:00 AM
O.K., I didn't remember how it worked.
The next monday I'll arrive in New York and IŽll spend 18 days in the USA, and I think someone could help me. I was wondering how difficult is at this moment to get OTC Vintage stuff and how much are at Toys 'R Us or KB toys. In Europe these action figures are very overpriced and the are not so much. I have been in the USA 2 years ago exactly and I got a lot of SW stuff. IIs anybody outhere from Philadelphia, Washington, Memphis? Thanks for youl help.

AndyH
11-10-2004, 08:29 PM
Where in New York? I'm in Buffalo

ironsaviour2
11-11-2004, 04:26 AM
I meant NY city. How about prices at Toys R' us or KB Toys?

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-11-2004, 09:45 PM
Went to Toys R Us on Monday night and found the new Y-Wing but not much else in terms of figures. The TRU on Niagara Falls Blvd. still has the Silver Vader available, but they were down to about 6 or 7 as of three nights ago.

Ironsaviour, the prices of Toys R Us figures are $4.99 American (roughly 6.34 in Euros, if you are using that form of currency, and if my math is correct).

Kay-Bee toys are slightly higher for new figures $5.99, but they have tons of cheap figures that are $2.99. These figures are from over a year ago and include Saga Palpatines, Djas Puhr, Teemto Pagalea, and Lott Dodds.

This thread is for people who live in Upstate New York, north and west of New York City, so we can't give you much information about stores in New York City. However, I do know about the Times Square location in NYC and I'm sure there are plenty of Kay-Bees there as well.

AndyH
11-11-2004, 11:35 PM
Toys R Us on the Boulevard had two of the Naboo Final Conflict 4-Packs left tonight as of six o'clock

ironsaviour2
11-12-2004, 04:03 AM
Thanks for your information. I posted some messages two years ago, when I visited for first time the USA and then there was a post for collectors from NY city. Does anybody know what has happened with this post? Did it dissapear? 'cause I can't find it.

Kidhuman
11-12-2004, 08:31 AM
Thanks for your information. I posted some messages two years ago, when I visited for first time the USA and then there was a post for collectors from NY city. Does anybody know what has happened with this post? Did it dissapear? 'cause I can't find it.

The threafd is right here, but it hasnt been used in a while.

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=10027

ironsaviour2
11-12-2004, 09:39 AM
Thanks again, guys, I'll try it there!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-12-2004, 03:55 PM
If you see a Dagobah Luke would you want to pick it up for me? If so, send me a PM. Thanks

MQ

Sorry, DQ, I had no idea you are talking to me. I've seen more than a few Dagobah Lukes here and there.

I will keep an eye out if you still are looking. I can definitely give you a $6.99 version at the local supermarket, or would you rather wait a few days and get one cheaper?

Let me know.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-14-2004, 10:32 AM
I went to a few places last night and K-Mart on the Boulevard had a 10% sale off any Star Wars item, plus a real cheap Millennium Falcon. They had several of the Cantina Scene #2 with Zutton, Ponda Baba and Obi-Wan.

Target had lots of the R1-G4 wave and a few assorted Votc (Yoda is starting to pegwarm now).

ironsaviour2
11-16-2004, 06:47 AM
I arrived yesterday in NY city and I checked KB at Manhattan Mall (it was a waste of time) and Toys R Us at Times Sq., there were yodas, obi wan, a lot of Landos, but no stormtroopers, bobbas, darth vaders, or lukes OTcVintage. Do these figures been released or not.

Kidhuman
11-16-2004, 08:30 PM
Those figures have been released a plenty. There are in demand so people buy em often. Best thing ot do is check as soon as they open.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-16-2004, 09:13 PM
ironsaviour, if you can get to a retail store such as Target (not sure if NYC has any in the area) you might increase your chance of finding those figures, especially Vaders and Luke OTC, which there seems to be a lot around here.

Other department stores you might want to check out are Wal-Marts (shudder) and K-Marts. As KH said, get to stores during the day because that will increase your chance of success. Good luck on your searches.

AndyH
11-17-2004, 08:44 AM
I had trouble logging in yesterday so hopefully this information is still useful. At 3:00 yesterday at Walden Avenue Target there were four Slave 1's on the shelf above the Star Wars figures. They also had two OTC biker scouts.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-28-2004, 12:11 PM
While shopping a the Target at Transit over the last two nights, I've seen an awful lot of the R1-G4 wave and the Hall-of-Fame wave show up. I got a Stormtrooper out of it. Also, I've seen a few ROTJ VOTC including R2 & 3-CPO.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-06-2004, 09:42 PM
Went to 2 Targets, a K-Mart and a Toys R Us tonight and saw a few new things.

The Hertel Ave. K-Mart had both of the exclusive Cantina Sets available.

The TRU on Niagara Falls Blvd. had the exclusive Naboo pack with Gungan Soldier, Guard and Kaadu.

The Target on the Blvd. and on Delaware have sales on basic figures ($4.24) for the week. While I did see a few semi-rare figures (Bib Fortuna, D.V. OTC) I also saw a lot of VOTC including Darth Vader, Stormtrooper and Boba Fett in plentiful numbers. They also had a sale on the Falcon, OTC Vehicles and lightsabers.

AndyH
12-07-2004, 06:01 PM
This afternoon, K-mart on Niagara Falls Blvd. had five of each of Yarua, Sly Moore, Rabe, Celebration Amidala and Pablo Jill. $6.99 each. They also had the 2nd cantina set and the galactic heroes stormtrooper 2 pack.

DarthQuack
12-18-2004, 12:13 PM
Anyone from Albany area been looking much lately? I've been outta it for a little while.

DarthQuack
12-22-2004, 01:02 PM
Picked up Clone Wars Series 3 figures of Anakin and Obi Wan. Got the last two of CW. Had a bunch of VOTC Figures hanging around still.

DarthQuack
12-22-2004, 10:03 PM
Picked up two more of the new Animated wave, Assaj and ARC Trooper, saw Mace but didn't purchase yet. Hopefully will check out last WalMart in my area hopefully for Clone Troopers and the GENERAL:)

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-23-2004, 10:30 PM
Been busy the last few weeks (weird to be busy this time of year, huh lol ) and found some good stuff, namely a Sandcrawler at Media Play about two weeks ago. Thought it was pretty pricey, at $59.99, but I thought I'd never see one, so I was happy to pay it.

The K-Mart on Hertel clearanced pretty much all of their Star Wars. A K-Mart clearnance isn't as good as a Target or Wal-Mart, but you can still save a buck on standard OTC figures, and three on their exclusive Cantina Scenes.

All of the VOTC have been now seen, and showing up in fair quantities.

Soon after Christmas, I am rushing over to the hallmark store and will pick up a clearanced Star Destroyer ornament, the one that makes sounds and lights up. I have a Death Star one, and want to add that one to the collection. :)

elkkthunder
12-24-2004, 04:11 PM
looking for

Jedi Force Speederbike and Xwing

Also Galactic Heroes Jedi Luke and Jawa packs

ANEEL
12-24-2004, 04:32 PM
looking for

Jedi Force Speederbike and Xwing

Also Galactic Heroes Jedi Luke and Jawa packs
I FOUND THESE AT TARGET TODAY MINUS THE NEW GH.
HAPPY HUNTING.

elkkthunder
12-24-2004, 08:14 PM
I FOUND THESE AT TARGET TODAY MINUS THE NEW GH.
HAPPY HUNTING.

where are you?? ie what target, your city is not in your signature?? Any left??

DarthQuack
12-24-2004, 09:03 PM
If any of you New Yorkers can find General Grevious or any of the new animated clones could you pick one of each up for me?? I can Paypal you or send you a check, you name it!!!

AndyH
12-25-2004, 12:08 AM
The Super Wal-mart on Transit Road had a bunch of Jedi Force figures and a couple of the Luke with Speeder bikes. This was Thursday night at about 1AM.

*If you look at ANEEL's other posts he says he lives in California.

elkkthunder
12-27-2004, 07:07 AM
Went to Super Walmart early AM on sunday and all they had was a damaged X-wing.

Walmart on Walden had 1 Mace Windu Clone wars series 3

Finally found my Jedi Force X-wing and Speeder at Walmart in Niagara Falls.

Still looking for new Galactic heroes

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-31-2004, 10:14 AM
Target has a storewide clearance on Star Wars items.

VOTC is priced at $6.87, OTC figures are $3.38, the pickings are kinda slim. Milennium Falcons were marked down to $38 (or was it $32).

Hallmark has the Star Destroyer light up and speak ornament for 40 - 50% off (depending on what store you hit). They are going fast.

DarthQuack
01-03-2005, 11:33 AM
Picked up some OTC's at a Target while they were clearancing the shelves. 2.38 a piece!!! What a great deal :)

DarthQuack
01-03-2005, 11:12 PM
Awesome score at Colonie Target

Clone Wars Animated
General Grevious
Red Clonetrooper
Yellow Clone Trooper

POTC
Myo
Dannick
Other dude lol
Stormtrooper
Sandtrooper
Scout Trooper

Great score for me!!!

Kidhuman
01-04-2005, 08:47 AM
Very Noice DQ, I havent seen the CW ones yet, but then again not looking.

DarthQuack
01-05-2005, 09:58 AM
Yea, I kinda like the animated clones and the general.

Sinister Lord
01-06-2005, 09:28 PM
Well, I finally broke down (after years of collecting Star Wars toys) and picked up the Falcon yesterday. The Target on Delaware Ave in Buffalo had them clearanced at $35, and although that clearance price will probably go lower in a week or so, I decided today was the day to "just do it". I also picked up Dannik Jerriko, Feltipern Trevagg, and Myo. I needed all these guys for my pop-up Cantina display, so this was a good haul.

DarthQuack
01-07-2005, 12:44 AM
Nice pick up SL, yea the Falcon's are dropping around here, but I'm just not into getting the vehicles, takes up too much space for me :(

Sinister Lord
01-07-2005, 07:56 AM
Yeah, space is an issue for me too, but I knew I would have to get the Falcon some day, so I figured I might as well do it now.

I remember there were quite a few years in there when we just couldn't get the POTF2 Falcon because it was sold out. That's why I'm kinda surprised that Target is clearancing the OTC Falcon rather than just putting it on sale... it seems to me that they could wait a while and continue to sell the Falcon at close to full price for the next few months until late April rolls around and the ROTS toys start needing shelf space. Sometimes I think Target tends to clearance items too fast and it makes the product line look bad leading to Hasbro cutting back on producing certain items. But I think the Falcon really should be a mainstay in the world of Star Wars toys, and we should almost always be able to find one or two on the shelves for years to come. I don't think it really needs to be blown out at clearance.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
01-16-2005, 05:55 PM
Saw a few of the latest figures at Target on Niagara Falls Boulevard yesterday, Myo and Han. The $6.99 increase is quite steep if you ask me. It seems that I missed out on the Falcon clearance though :(

Let me call your attention to a coupon that has 25% off all toys at Media Play this week in today's paper. It may help ease the burden of paying their inflated prices for Star Wars toys.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
01-25-2005, 06:08 PM
I found a few good clearances at the local Wally-Mart. For $2 you could have General Madine and Princess Leia Bespin OTC. They had an $11 C-3PO carrying case, as well as a $35 Millennium Falcon. I picked up a VOTC Luke and Solo for $5. Lots of Legos were also on clearance.

DarthQuack
01-26-2005, 09:46 AM
Yea, I've also seen some clearances like that at my local Wally World's. I'm just really waiting on the Preview figures to start showing up.

DarthQuack
01-30-2005, 05:41 PM
Found preview wave at Glenmont WalMart. Picked up one of each at $5.88, the best price around, although they only had one droid left which I had to scour the pegs to find hidden behind some lightsabers. Fun find for me, sorry for the bloke who didn't hid him better. :D

DarthWaffle
02-04-2005, 01:45 PM
Howdy All. Looooooong time reader, First time poster. Finally got out to do a toy run in the Niagara Falls/ Buffalo area. It looks like pretty much everywhere (Summet TRU, Both Boulivard Tagets and Wal-Marts, Kmart) has the preview waves out. It seemed like the good general was the fastest to sell in the area as i've seen plenty of everyone else but only 5 to 10 of g.g. By the by, If anyone knows where i can snag a votc trooper from i'd be mighty appreciative. He's the only one i'm missing.

Kidhuman
02-04-2005, 04:06 PM
Welcom Darth Waffle, enjoy the forums.

DarthQuack
02-08-2005, 10:19 PM
Picked up Rebel Snowspeeder at Wal-Mart on clearance for 6 bucks along with Yoda and Lando VOTC for 3 dollars a piece, all at East Greenbush store. Will check Glenmont store tonight for more steals.

Kidhuman
02-09-2005, 05:56 AM
Sweet finds DQ.

DarthQuack
02-10-2005, 07:20 PM
Dagobah X-Wing at Glenmont Wal-Mart for $13. Great buy, they have about 4 or 5 more. A little disappointed that the Cantina's are still at $17. I'll keep an eye on if they drop at all. They had Preview Wave on the pegs, but only the General and Wookie Warrior, no Tion or droid.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
02-19-2005, 11:56 AM
Ep III sneak peek figures seem to be in abundance. Still haven't found any Scanning Troopers. Has anyone seen a good priced clearanced Falcon? I saw globs of them a month ago, but I guess I waited too long to get one.

Kidhuman
02-19-2005, 09:46 PM
ALl the Falcons here are gone. I heard that TRU still has them in abundance is some areas. I do have an extra Scanning Crew Dude if need be.

DarthQuack
02-20-2005, 12:54 PM
Ep III sneak peek figures seem to be in abundance. Still haven't found any Scanning Troopers. Has anyone seen a good priced clearanced Falcon? I saw globs of them a month ago, but I guess I waited too long to get one.

I actually saw one a few weeks ago for 15 bucks at a Wal-Mart, I could go back and look if you want and we can figure something out.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
02-20-2005, 03:02 PM
ALl the Falcons here are gone. I heard that TRU still has them in abundance is some areas. I do have an extra Scanning Crew Dude if need be.

KH and DQ:

I'll keeps you in mind. Thanks for the offer from both of you. First, I have a bit of huntin' to do. Arrrr! :Pirate:

DarthQuack
02-23-2005, 09:35 AM
I did see a Falcon in a horrible condition box at Wal-Mart in Troy the other day for only 6 bucks, but I passed. Yes that might have been a stupid move. :p

AndyH
03-08-2005, 03:30 AM
K-mart on Niagara Falls Blvd in Amherst has 5 or 6 falcons in the toy clearence section on the back wall of the toy department for $30.00. They have been there for weeks.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
03-08-2005, 06:38 AM
Thanks Andy, I will be sure to check the blue light sometime within the next week. Hope the price would drop, but after seeing most of the Falcons disappear, I will gladly pay the $30.00.

DarthQuack
03-09-2005, 08:21 PM
Hey Bantha and Andy, if you guys spot any LEGO Falcon's on clearance can you please let me know and for how much??? Let me know if you need anything out my way. Thanks.

AndyH
03-09-2005, 09:57 PM
Target on Delaware had ROTS vehicles today. Anakin and Obi Wan's fighters, Tri-Droid fighter, and General Grevious with wheelbike. This was at 3:00pm. I already had Anakin's fighter and i wasn't interested in the other vehicles so there should be some left there were two of each left when I was there. Also if anyone collects GI Joe there were the three new comic book packs there. (issues 21, 24, and 49)

The 'Xir
03-09-2005, 10:25 PM
What's up guys? I haven't posted here in awhile! And your probably glad I don't only 'cause I think I've now made it known enough, that Syracuse and central NY doesn't get **you know what** for new stuff! But, the preview figures are now seeming to be everywhere! However, I just now found(yesterday, while I was working) my first Anakin Starfighter up at the Wal-Mart in Watertown, NY on Arsenal St(Rt3), for $19.99. They still had 6 left! Along with my personal first sighting of Ani's LEGO Star Fighter which I also picked up, I think for $14.99. Didn't see any of the other vehicles AndyH just mentioned,! But wouldn't you know it that after I get'em, today I saw them as well at the Kay-Bee store in Carousel Center, and they never have anything, so if they got it, I'm assuming they're everywhere as well! :rolleyes:
But mainly we still got the same old, Galactic heros sets, playschool figs and veichles along with some OTC and believe it or not, I think old reshelfed AotC and PotF stuff! :crazed: Can't sell it the first 1,000 times, try try again! :greedy: Let me know what to keep an eye out for, or something specific you want, because I'm always traveling(job)! :)

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
03-12-2005, 10:48 AM
I went to Target late last night and saw Anakin's Starfighter for $20 and some clearanced lightsabers. The only figures they had were as "the Xir" mentioned, Playskool figures and 1 Animated General Grevious that was badly mangled.

I wanted to head over to K-Mart but they apparently have decided to close earlier than the other retail stores.

elkkthunder
03-13-2005, 07:25 AM
Found Bust Ups Series 3 and Media Play in NF last night.

Also Target on the blvd had 1 measly Anakin Starfighter and no regular figs, only some Jedi Force and Galactic Heroes.

I am looking for the new Jedi Force Yoda with Swamp Smasher if anyone sees it, hide it for me and tell me where it is.

Thanks

AndyH
03-15-2005, 09:09 PM
I went to the Walmart in Batavia today and they had Episode III C-3po, R2D2 , Emperor Palpatine, and pregnant padme. I brought the Padme to the register and it came up DO NOT SELL. I told her I would get another figure to scan so she could sell me the Padme. She said okay and then just after she rang up the sneak preview figure I gave her she decided to double check with her manager who said there was a recall on the Padme figure so I couldn't have it. Needless to say I was pretty angry.

Ret
03-15-2005, 09:20 PM
Well at least you saw them. Guess there's no point in going there then.