PDA

View Full Version : Is new stuff EVER coming out?

DeadEye
08-17-2002, 07:57 PM
I'm getting scared...I think Hasbro has died or something. I still can't find anything beyond the first 40 Saga figures. It has never taken me this long to find anything from a new wave. What gives?

Beast
08-17-2002, 08:08 PM
"The Boy has no patience."

Geez, give your stores sometime. Most of them are currently reseting for the holidays. Padme: Coruscant Attack is starting to show up, so Anakin: Tatooine Attack and Darth Maul: Sith Training should start showing up in greater numbers. There is always ordering on-line or Ebay, if you are that impatiant. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-17-2002, 08:38 PM
eh, give him the benefit of the doubt JJB. Most stores have JUST begun doing the holiday restructering thing, so if they haven't gotten new stuff before that, it's bound to stink. I'd be mad too if i hadn't seen any new figs since #40. Hey, Deadeye, i have an extra Anakin & Maul if you want.

Thumb Wars
08-17-2002, 08:41 PM
you know, that was what i was thinking yesterday. then today i went out to Wal-Mart and guess what... there was Teemto, and Ki-Adi-Mundi on the shelves!! all you need is a little patients. relax, it will all be available soon.

LTBasker
08-17-2002, 09:19 PM
I'm having too much trouble finding new stuff around here as well, but it's mostly due to lack of shelf space since the Wal-Mart's have been cutting down on their SW sections and so the figures are crammed into a smaller space leaving no room for new figures or anything else to be stocked.... They really need to mark down the Obi-Wan, Dooku and Jango deluxes along with figures that have been in the system longer.

jonboy
08-17-2002, 10:50 PM
I see where you are coming from Deadeye. I found Ki-Adi and Teemto like a month ago. Now, I can't find anything new at all. I have been hunting like crazy and I STILL can't find TA Anakin or Maul. Now the TRU X-wing, Landspeeder, Cantina Sets, and now the new Padme are out!!! I am getting behind. Granted, I have been lucky and have managed to get quite a few of all 4 Accessory sets and have found all of the Action Fleet stuff. Still, I am getting fed up with trying to find the other stuff. Man, I didn't know having this much fun could be so hard!!!

Nexu
08-17-2002, 11:00 PM
It sucks.

Exhaust Port
08-17-2002, 11:17 PM
Congrats on the 5000th post there JB!! I see you're now an Emperor. Can you pick a custom title or was that assigned?

Nexu
08-17-2002, 11:20 PM
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13576

:p

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-18-2002, 01:01 AM
Yes, I am a little frustrated with the slow arrival of the Ki-Adi Mundi wave. I think it was over a month ago when I got the last new figures and I have found not much since (although I am still broke strangely enough).

I did find a Deluxe Yoda on Friday though.

Maybe a clearance is in the works? God knows I'll be 87 when I see the last of Endor Han at the rate they are going now. But I know I'll eventually find them so I am not panicking----yet!

DeadEye
08-18-2002, 08:45 AM
And of course, I still haven't found an acklay. :frus:

But it's odd--I can't find the new Teemto, Ki-Adi, Maul, Anakin, or Padme, and yet I have in fact seen the TRU X-wing and the action fleet stuff!

Darth Sidious
08-18-2002, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by DeadEye

But it's odd--I can't find the new Teemto, Ki-Adi, Maul, Anakin, or Padme, and yet I have in fact seen the TRU X-wing and the action fleet stuff!

I cant find an Acklay either, and I want all 3 beasts. Im considering buying online, but when I did that with the Nexu I found it the next day...I found Ki-Adi and Teemto, but after that, nothing. Target is nowhere close to having new Accessory Sets, they dont even have the Bespin Luke/Vader wave yet! There are new Action Fleet items, but I dont collect them. Go figure.

DeadEye
08-18-2002, 09:45 AM
I used to collect Action Fleet, and embarked on a quest to find the elusive Wedge's X-Wing. It took me almost 3 years...I finally found it on clearance at a TRU for $1.97! :D

patchiswelsh
08-18-2002, 09:56 AM
Hey

My connection for new figs is really good
If they don't get anything for a while then no one will
i wish hasbro would bring out aayla secura early
we have known about her for ages

Beast
08-18-2002, 10:02 AM
Patchiswelsh, Aayla likely isn't even finished yet. Remember that Hasbro has said in the past that it's 10 months for a figure to go from concept, to sculpting, to production, and then shipping. So even though we've known about her for ages, they probably are not even done with the final paint masters yet. Especially since all that was done at Cel2 was a very early prototype. Sure it would be nice, but I don't see her coming out until atleast Spring of 2003. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Nihilus
08-18-2002, 10:11 AM

We got those Down Under a few weeks ago. It's funny how when I look at something like the Acklay and think 'no way I'm going to pay $40 for that' when I pay more than that for importing toys.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-18-2002, 11:23 AM
I've had the opportunity to buy the Acklay at least five times. At W-M, they had about 80 one day, 0 the next. At Target, they had two for the longest time, but, after several visits, they were gone. :cry: My Targets have the Accessory packs and the Action Fleet, I have one Accessory (Arena) but I don't like the micro machines. I once saw a Ki-Adi-Mundi at W-M, but he is no more - for now.:evil:

hango fett
08-18-2002, 11:39 AM
just wait it out, deadeye......remember, i waiting for 2 months after the relase of the han and djas wave and found millions of them that one day at WM....and they are still there for the most part....
h

patchiswelsh
08-18-2002, 12:26 PM
JarJar

so by what you are saying she should be out by Feb 2003

cool

bring on the arena

Mod Note: I merged the 2 posts, no need to post back to back like that:D
DA

Darth forb1us
08-18-2002, 12:37 PM

Im in the same boat :/ I did find Acklay, there were 4? and I nabbed one. Have NOT seen any since....
No Teemto, Ki-Adi, anakin, padme or maul.
Yet, same with you, I saw the X-wing (passed for now) and the action fleet stuff (got that)
found the accessory sets, and passed.

I WANT MY 3 3/4" !!!!!!!!! :frus: :frus:

Freedom
08-18-2002, 09:02 PM
I just got the Acklay today. It's cool, except the body is a little heavy for the legs. It takes some patience to position it just right.

I got Ki-Adi and Teempto a while back.
I got TA Anakin and Darth Maul recently as well as the accessory packs.

Still haven't seen the X-Wing, Landspeeder, Cantina sets, Padme, Ephant Mon, or Deluxe Yoda and C-3PO.

No Gunship either.

OriginalBryGuy
08-18-2002, 10:01 PM
I waited a long time for Palpatine and finally, just the other day, the racks were full of them. Same thing goes with the rest, just stay frosty and it will appear. Especially Acklay.

DeadEye
08-18-2002, 10:55 PM
Well, it's no wonder I can't find any new ones, since they come out on Tuesdays and I can't get to stores until the weekends...and people say that when they see like 5 new Mauls or Anakins they buy every single one!

Jayspawn
08-18-2002, 10:58 PM
I would really like to find that Endor Rebel Soldier with new head sculpt.

"I have got to get my one of those."

Patient Zero
08-18-2002, 11:07 PM
I have not seen any of the new waves as of yet and only a few of the new Xwings.

Nexu
08-18-2002, 11:16 PM
I saw one acklay, and grabbed it, a couple months ago. I haven't seen any since.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-18-2002, 11:56 PM
More than a few Acklays have been hanging around the local Wal-Mart (and they've been scaring the customers away). I've seen about 5 for the last two weeks or so. It's about the only new Star Wars item they have gotten in weeks save a very small number of Action Fleet ships.

No sign of the Cantina packs yet.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-19-2002, 04:52 PM
I've seen the Acklays and have just passed on them until they go on clearancce. As for the latest wave or so I know they'll show up. Remember how rare Han was? A little while later you could find him with either button color like crazy.

I don't see a lot of peeps grabbing tons of the Maul figure since he's like what, the 20th resculpt. Enough for everyone is my prediction.

DeadEye
08-19-2002, 05:24 PM
Actually, Han was never rare. I'd always seen him in spades but no one from the rest of his wave.

Beast
08-19-2002, 05:29 PM
Han was HTF for a while, since he was shipping at 1 per case in the later Luke: Bespin cases. He didn't stay HTF long though, as soon as the Chewie, Obi-Wan, and Han case started getting out there. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

-JediMaster-Yoda-
08-20-2002, 08:56 AM
My friend said he say Acklay at Target, I also found my TA Anakin their so Target is the place to look around here.

Jargo
08-20-2002, 02:17 PM
The Acklay isn't that special once you get down to actually looking at the product itself. If you're going to leave it boxed then you can of course fool yourself into thinking it is the best toy in the world but the real collectors who open, of course know differently.........

I appear to be faring a little better than most of you recently. Quite the reversal of fortune I'd say. Or perhaps I have a little more time and I'm a little more resourceful. Everything is out there, you just have to keep hunting. Or go online and cheat.... :)
Actually I'm only missing the deluxe C-3po set which i anticipate having my hands on in a week. Other than that I'm awaiting the shipping on pre-orders for the target accessory sets and walmart cantina sets which I'm anticipating will arrive here by the end of the month. And the silver R2-D2 which will arrive... sometime soon... All I need for now is Padme Coruscant, Watto, Lott Dod, Ephant Mon, Tusken raider w/ massif and the Republic gunship. I'll just hunt them down on the net and price compare between stores to find the cheapest price and then BINGO! up to date again. ;)

thespar
08-20-2002, 10:10 PM
i have had okay luck 2 months ago a picked Ki and Teempo, being of the month i picked up the only Acklay i have found in my neck of the woods, week-end before last picked up yoda and c-3po dexule. say two of the packs arnea battle and hoth and some of the mm. no ankain ta and maul.

Sinister Lord
08-22-2002, 04:50 PM
I found something kind of new today at K-Mart... Double packs! I picked up the one with Jango and Yoda packed together ($9.99). They had at least two other ones with Yoda, I think they were both Yoda and Clonetrooper. They must have just put them out, it looked like a full display box.

The interesting thing about this pack is that the special barcode is placed INSIDE the blister of one of the carded figures and the other one has a blank sticker covering the other barcode... so these are unique in that way, which distinguishes them from the single carded figures. So even if these figures were split up, there would be no mistaking a single carded Yoda from one that had come in a two pack because the barcode inside the blister would give it away.