PDA

View Full Version : 5000 Posts: or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love SSG!!

Beast
08-17-2002, 10:59 PM
I know this will probably be closed, but I feel that I wanted to celebrate this milestone with everyone I've met here. You guys that I enjoy talking to and helping day in and day out, made it go by faster then I though. Yesterday was my 1 year anniversary on these wonderful forums. :)

I just wanted to extend my thanks to everyone that I have had the chance to chat with and discuss Star Wars with. You really made it fun. Even when there were times of strife on the boards or in my life, I felt that there were people I could share my love with. I know that we all didn't see eye to eye, but the discussions were alot of fun. :)

Star Wars has been a major part of my life from te beginning. I am kind of sad that I don't have my vintage collection anymore, because then I could look on them and know that they were so well loved. Scratched paintjobs and missing accessories, it was all worth it. Maybe once the modern line fades away, I will go back and start collecting vintage again. :)

Star Wars was truely what made me the person I am today. Alot of people probably consider that kind of sad, but I know I am a better person for it. And I'm sure many of you are. It taught me morals and life lessons, that I wouldn't have recieved anywhere else. I could have turned out alot worse, from the way my family was. :)

I just would love to shake all your hands, and meet you in real life. I know that that is pretty much an utter impossibility, but atleast we can spend time together here. You guys really do make this the best Star Wars site on the net. And that is not me kissing up. I couldn't imagine this place without most of you. :)

I also want to thank the moderators as well as Sir Steve. The people that keep this site running so well. I'm proud to be a member of these forums. You guys really don't get the ammount of respect and appreciation that you deserve most of the time. I know that it's a rough job, and you can't make everyone happy. I'm just glad that you are there, and that you do your best. :)

Again, I wanna thank you all for making the first year on the new forums a hell of a ride. And I look forward to the upcoming year with new hope. And I'm just glad that I can share my love of Star Wars with people of like mind. Can't wait til 2005, when we'll have even more to talk about. So again, as always:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Dar' Argol
08-17-2002, 11:01 PM
Congrats EMPEROR JarJarBinks!!! Wow, so there is life after 5000:eek:. And it was a well deserved milestone Jar!

Congrats again:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Nexu
08-17-2002, 11:03 PM
That's awesome. :D Are you a Jedi or Sith?
So does that mean you're leaving? ;) :p :D

LTBasker
08-17-2002, 11:03 PM
Congrat JJB! But I'll never fall to your side. ;) Too bad theres no custom title, but at least there is a new title. :) I wonder what it says for the lightside...

So this is a great for you, finally got a Mer-Man and you became Emperor. :cool:

jobi
08-17-2002, 11:05 PM
Congrats gungan. Now maybe one day I'll reach 200

Nexu
08-17-2002, 11:06 PM
There may be a custom title, but he hasn't set one yet. ;)

jobi
08-17-2002, 11:08 PM
I doubt it. I'm sure he would have come up with something creative by now.

hango fett
08-17-2002, 11:09 PM
congrats! good job! now, i might be there next summer!
h

Dar' Argol
08-17-2002, 11:10 PM
To my knowledge there is no custom title, but SirSteve would be the one to ask. For topping 5K, the Sith path is Emeperor, and the Jedi path is Jedi Council Member. Jar let me know on that. He wants to hang at 5K for a bit:D

2-1B
08-17-2002, 11:11 PM
Nice avatar for a forumite who lectures others about how post counts mean nothing. ;)

LTBasker
08-17-2002, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
Nice avatar for a forumite who lectures others about how post counts mean nothing. ;)

"Quality not quantity" and while 5,000 is quite a quantity, he made quality posts to get the quantity. :happy:

Dar' Argol
08-17-2002, 11:15 PM

JarJar came to me and asked if I could make him a special avatar for this milestone. So that is what I delivered to him. He wanted something to celebrate with. If you have qualms with the avatar, talk to me;)

Nexu
08-17-2002, 11:18 PM
0WNED. :p

bigbarada
08-17-2002, 11:20 PM
Congrats, Emperor Jar Jar! I knew something special was lurking at around 5000. However, you better post again as when this thread is deleted, you will be demoted back to Dark Master.:D

2-1B
08-17-2002, 11:23 PM
Nexu, who owns what? :confused:

Binsky, can you switch ranks to the Jedi to see what level is attained there? :)

Nexu
08-17-2002, 11:27 PM
Bah, nvm Caesar. Just a stupid comment, whenever a moderator or whatever speaks to you like that, they "0wned" you. Used to be funny, isn't as much any more.

bigbarada
08-17-2002, 11:27 PM
Caesar,

Originally posted by Dar' Argol
For topping 5K, the Sith path is Emeperor, and the Jedi path is Jedi Council Member.

Exhaust Port
08-17-2002, 11:36 PM
Congradulations on the 5000th post JJB!!!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-17-2002, 11:42 PM
Wow, can I touch you?

Congrats on reaching 5,000. As LT said earlier, 5,000 quality posts. Always a pleasure to read your posts chock-filled with gems of Star Wars knowledge and keen insight.

dr_evazan22
08-17-2002, 11:50 PM
Congrats!

For bringin' usn together wit' all dat information, wesa makin' you Bombad Emperor!

Looking forward to another 5000 informative posts!

derek
08-18-2002, 12:22 AM
usually i care nothing about how many posts i or others have, because those who usually do keep track are habitual post padders, and we know who they are. but jar jar posts nothing but quality messages and that alone makes this feat worth noting. so, in this rare instance, i say congrats Emperor Jar Jar. and thanks for directing me to those kewl DVD sites.:)

i should reach 5000 about 4 years fom now.:)

so now all that's left to do is break out the nerf bats so Emperor Jargo and Emperor Jar Jar can throw down! steel cage match any one?:crazed:

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
08-18-2002, 12:23 AM
5000, eh? Congrats!:D

plasticfetish
08-18-2002, 02:18 AM
Amazing!

Congratulations!!

Obi-Don
08-18-2002, 06:12 AM
I'm happy for you JarJar. I know you have shared a lot and I have learned a lot from you. Keep the info coming and MTFBWY.

Pendo
08-18-2002, 06:18 AM
Congrats Emperor JarJarBinks :D:D:D! Your title is well deserved as you ARE the Emperor of these forums!!! I hope you reach 10000 soon ;). Keep the quality posts coming :D.

PENDO!

Rogue II
08-18-2002, 06:32 AM
Congrats EMPEROR JarJar.

JarJarBinks is nice enough to hand out free rolls of Duct tape and Jar Jar action figures to all of the new fourmites. Shouldn't we get him something? How about a parade in his honor?

Beast
08-18-2002, 07:10 AM
Thanks guys, I appreciate the kind sentiments. I'm just glad the thread didn't turn into a flame war. I know that it's alot of posts, but I have done my best to make sure they are all quality posts.

I couldn't care less about post count, but people have been anticipating someone hitting 5K posts for a while. I've even gotten PM's about the coming milestone. So I did want to make a post about it, and share some thoughts from the past year.

As well as say how much I love the site, and that the people here are what makes it the best Star Wars website on the net. As for 10,000...I'm in no hurry. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
08-18-2002, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by Rogue II
How about a parade in his honor?

Good idea! *grabs his conductor stick thingermibob and.....*

:|Cora...|:

(The parade marching and singing Duel of the Fates with people on the side. :D)

DeadEye
08-18-2002, 08:59 AM
I want to congratulate you, my Emperor. At first I think we hated each other's guts but are over that now. :happy:
You've always been there for me, being the uber-DVD expert, and having a rather unique sense of humor. (Insults that are secretly constructive criticism! Who'da'thunk?) :D

Once again, Kudos.

jjreason
08-18-2002, 09:21 AM
Good job, Insightful One. Everything is proceeding as (undoubtedly) you have foreseen. Quite the milestone, and well worth documenting with a thread of it's own. Congratulations. To continue the celebration, why not favour us with picture of yourself? C'mon, we're all dying to see it......:eek: :)

scruffziller
08-18-2002, 09:34 AM
Maybe Sir Steve will make a custom title for 10,000 posts. Jar Jar will probably the first. Congrads Jar Jar. I am surprised you haven't been promoted to moderator or another title for being a bottomless pit of knowledge. I suppose Emperor is the fitting title.:D

darthvyn
08-18-2002, 09:35 AM
what is thy bidding... my master...

and

so, what can i get for you?

congrats on the milestone, and that's a really funny 'tar! dar' made it? does that make it a dar'tar?

tar'argol?

anyway, like everyone else says, full of quality, and stuff! now you might have as many posts as you do dvd's!:crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

peace in the middle east!

Eternal Padawan
08-18-2002, 12:08 PM
CONGRATULATIONS

MIGHTY EMPEROR

JAR JAR BINKS

ON YOUR 5000 POST MILESTONE

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-18-2002, 12:18 PM
Congrats Emperor Jar Jar!!! I've only been at this place a few months, but i must say you are one of the great posters here. No bad comments from ya, only a well of knowledge and info!! Congrats!!! :D

JediTricks
08-18-2002, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Nexu
There may be a custom title, but he hasn't set one yet. ;) NO WIRE HANGARS! er... I mean, "no custom titles". I don't know where that rumor got started... oh wait, I think I do. ;)

Anyway, nice work getting to the big 5k first JJB! I closed this thread like you asked ;) but figured then I would have the last word and we couldn't have that. ;) :D Enjoy! :cool:

SirSteve
08-18-2002, 02:45 PM
Congrats! Theoretically, there can only be 1 Emperor but hey, this is all in fun. We welcome more soon-to-be Emperors!

Beast
08-18-2002, 02:48 PM
Thanks JT and Sir Steve. I know there was a post ages ago that said it was a possibility, but I could never find it. :) Oh well, Emperor is cool. Galactic Emperor would have sounded better, but no complaints here. I'm curious what 10,000 holds, "Rick McCallum"? And then at 25,000, "George Lucas"? :D

The only reason I figured it would require closing, was because I assumed it would turn into a flame thread. Thankfully that hasn't happened, so it doesn't have to be. Only reason I chose to make a thread, was I had some things to say, and I also didn't want the rest of the forums cluttered with Congrats. Though I have seen a few in other threads. :)

Now I just need to find some kind person out there to make me a Jar Jar Binks avatar with him wearing Emperor Palpatine's robes. I think that would look pretty cool, but I am horrible with photoshop and those other picture editors. Again thanks everyone, It's been a blast. So, do I get an autographed picture of the SSG staff or somthing? Dinner at Sir Steve's house? :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Dar' Argol
08-18-2002, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by darthvyn

congrats on the milestone, and that's a really funny 'tar! dar' made it? does that make it a dar'tar?

tar'argol?

He he he:D. That's funny:D.

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Now I just need to find some kind person out there to make me a Jar Jar Binks avatar with him wearing Emperor Palpatine's robes. I think that would look pretty cool, but I am horrible with photoshop and those other picture editors.

Binks, I might be able to do that, give me a bit though as it will be a little difficult to get your big Gungan honker through the cloak:D

scruffziller
08-18-2002, 03:08 PM
Thanks JT and Sir Steve. I know there was a post ages ago that said it was a possibility, but I could never find it. :) Oh well, Emperor is cool. Galactic Emperor would have sounded better, but no complaints here. I'm curious what 10,000 holds, "Rick McCallum"? And then at 25,000, "George Lucas"? :D

The only reason I figured it would require closing, was because I assumed it would turn into a flame thread. Thankfully that hasn't happened, so it doesn't have to be. Only reason I chose to make a thread, was I had some things to say, and I also didn't want the rest of the forums cluttered with Congrats. Though I have seen a few in other threads. :)

Now I just need to find some kind person out there to make me a Jar Jar Binks avatar with him wearing Emperor Palpatine's robes. I think that would look pretty cool, but I am horrible with photoshop and those other picture editors. Again thanks everyone, It's been a blast. So, do I get an autographed picture of the SSG staff or somthing? Dinner at Sir Steve's house? :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Perhaps EMPEROR:rolleyes: um Jargo could make you that version in the great tradition of the dang funniest cartoon ever.
SP!!!!!!!!!!

Beast
08-18-2002, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by scruffziller
Perhaps EMPEROR:rolleyes: um Jargo could make you that version in the great tradition of the dang funniest cartoon ever.
[B]SP!!!!!!!!!!
I don't want to pester Emperor Jargo for an avatar. He's been really busy lately, plus he is trying to get his website updated among other things. I'll stick with the 5K one for a little while longer, and then I'll change to one of my new ones. Or until I see what Dar' Argol's whipping up for me. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
08-18-2002, 03:25 PM
Now I just need to find some kind person out there to make me a Jar Jar Binks avatar with him wearing Emperor Palpatine's robes. I think that would look pretty cool, but I am horrible with photoshop and those other picture editors.Hmm, well someone COULD take a pic of Ep 2 Jar Jar and then turn his senatorial robes black and add an emperor hood, maybe some lightning. I can't since I don't have the figure. :D

Rogue II
08-18-2002, 03:44 PM
Here is a cross between an Episode I Jar Jar and the Force Lightning Emperor Palpy from POTF2.

Rogue II
08-18-2002, 03:46 PM
Here is a larger version.

By the way, my figures are getting lined up for the parade. Hopefully I can get some good pics.:D

hango fett
08-18-2002, 04:44 PM
nice, rouge.....if i keep going the way i am, i'll have 5000 by the end of next summer! or maybe by my 1 year anniversary here! but i know...."quality over quantity..." i've heard that many many times...but it's all good! 1500 will be good for me! i wonder what 100000 holds???!!! ruler of the galaxy???
:D
h

darthvyn
08-18-2002, 04:51 PM
hey, here's an emperor jar jar that i just whipped up...

darthvyn
08-18-2002, 05:05 PM
it's a composite of this...

darthvyn
08-18-2002, 05:06 PM
and this one...

(they're from the star wars website... shhhhh!!!)

hango fett
08-18-2002, 05:17 PM
LOL! great one darthvyn! what a twisted world EU could be!
h

Beast
08-18-2002, 05:29 PM
Ooo, nice disturbing Emporer Jar Jar there, Darthvyn. Rouge II's is nice also, but I want to avoid action figure avatars if possible. I'm going to add both to my rotation though, along with my more friendly Binks versions. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hango fett
08-18-2002, 05:34 PM
i personaly like jargo's avatar of him getting shot! cracked me up for an hour! i think you need one of jar jar with his eyes really big, like when he says "big boomers!" that would be pretty cool!
h......1400th post! yeah! only 3600 more posts to go to be either a jedi council member (?) or emperor!!!

DarthBrandon
08-18-2002, 07:38 PM
Like I said in my PM to you JarJarBinks, congrats on the 5K milestone and for the countless good quality posts. Some day I look forward to completing my training and that I might call you master Binks. JarJarBinks the new Emperor of the forums, all kneel and bow down before mighty JarJarBinks! If you donít the nerf bat is coming out and it will start swinging with a mighty force.:D

Again congrats my Gungan friend.:D

master jedi
08-18-2002, 08:22 PM
Congrats JarJar. Dang, I thought I had a lot of posts.:)

hango fett
08-18-2002, 08:28 PM
i wonder how many of us will hit 5K this year? i know jeditricks will....maybe big b.....good luck to us all! *kneeling down to JJB.*
h *still knelling*

2-1B
08-18-2002, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Dar' Argol
JarJar came to me and asked if I could make him a special avatar for this milestone. So that is what I delivered to him. He wanted something to celebrate with. If you have qualms with the avatar, talk to me;)

How in hades could you think I had any "qualms"? :confused:
Sorry, just thought I'd spice it up by squeezing some shoes with a WINK smilie. :rolleyes:

Nexu, gottcha on the "owned" part - I'm just baffled that there was any "owning" to do. :p

Darth Sidious
08-18-2002, 09:34 PM
Congratulations! You definitely deserve it, every one of your posts that I have seen were non-spammish, and very informative. Keep it up! :)

Lord Tenebrous
08-18-2002, 09:35 PM
Congrats, Jar Jar! :cool:

Here's to many more, where you'll probably experience everything from Clone Emperor to Dark Spirit to Gungan.

:crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

Dar' Argol
08-18-2002, 09:48 PM

How in hades could you think I had any "qualms"? :confused:
Sorry, just thought I'd spice it up by squeezing some shoes with a WINK smilie. :rolleyes:

Caesar, relax. I was just nipping this in the bud. Besides, I ended the post with a ;) as well. No worries man.

Patient Zero
08-18-2002, 11:02 PM
5000!?! Are your eyes bleeding yet? Go get a steak, man! Or a hamburger with some Ketchup....ya, lots of Ketchup!

DeadEye
08-18-2002, 11:06 PM
Or you could just...not and say you did. Especially if you're like me, and don't even like ketchup. :D

Patient Zero
08-19-2002, 12:27 AM
In respect for Jar Jar, I am shuting my mouth. WH...EEE!

scruffziller
08-19-2002, 07:30 AM
hey, here's an emperor jar jar that i just whipped up...

wow that one is uncanilly scary. It looks like Palpy's face was morphed into a Gungan.:DEMPEROR JAR JAR (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=159809)

General Veers
08-19-2002, 07:02 PM
Congrats JJB on the milestone of 5000 Posts! I really enjoy reading them and im sure those posts were of great quality as well. Heres to 10000!!:D

Hellboy
08-19-2002, 07:15 PM
While I haven't been a member of the Forums for very long I have been a long time reader and find your posts very informative and well constructed. Congrtulations JJB on your 5K milestone, I look forward to reading more of your posts in the future.

MTFBWY and HH!! :D

The True Maul
08-19-2002, 07:45 PM
Congrats JarJar! :)

-JediMaster-Yoda-
08-19-2002, 10:12 PM
congrats JarJar, cant wait intill I reach 5000 post, and that wont be for another 2 years...Jar Jar Binks is the Ultimate SSGER!

TylerD
08-19-2002, 11:48 PM
Congrats Jar Jar! Thanks for all the high quality posts - something quite rare on these forums.

darthvyn
08-20-2002, 09:35 AM

wow that one is uncanilly scary. It looks like Palpy's face was morphed into a Gungan.:DEMPEROR JAR JAR (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=159809)

yeah, basically i put the two pics side by side, played with the color levels on the jjb pic until it had the correct pallor, copied and pasted the jjb face onto the emperor pic, changed the opacity so that i could see it, but see through it, erased everything on the jjb pic that needed to go, then i moved the newly created jjb face away from the emp, flattened the image, then used the clone stamp tool to get some of the emperor's features, like the lines under his eyes, the down-turned mouth, the yellow color of his eyes... then i got rid of the emperor's face all together, and cut and pasted the new jjb face onto the hood, flattened again, cropped and there you have it!

(this is why my resume on monster.com is called photoshop / illustrator guru:D )

scruffziller
08-20-2002, 10:48 AM

yeah, basically i put the two pics side by side, played with the color levels on the jjb pic until it had the correct pallor, copied and pasted the jjb face onto the emperor pic, changed the opacity so that i could see it, but see through it, erased everything on the jjb pic that needed to go, then i moved the newly created jjb face away from the emp, flattened the image, then used the clone stamp tool to get some of the emperor's features, like the lines under his eyes, the down-turned mouth, the yellow color of his eyes... then i got rid of the emperor's face all together, and cut and pasted the new jjb face onto the hood, flattened again, cropped and there you have it!

(this is why my resume on monster.com is called photoshop / illustrator guru:D )

Wow then my observation was correct. Hey Jar JAr how come you are not using this 'tar?:(

darthvyn
08-20-2002, 10:50 AM
YOU ARE CORRECT, SIR!!!

HEEEYOOOOOOO!!!

HA HA HA HA... YESSS!!!

uh, i'll be going now...

billfremore
08-20-2002, 10:51 AM
Kudos to you JJ!
Please try to remember us, the little people. :D

Beast
08-20-2002, 10:58 AM
I'm using it now, I just like to change often. And I had some happy JJB Avatars that I had ready in line before I got to the Emperor one. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

scruffziller
08-20-2002, 11:03 AM
I'm using it now, I just like to change often. And I had some happy JJB Avatars that I had ready in line before I got to the Emperor one. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Wow that was quick, you changed like within minutes of my post.:D

SaeseeTiin
08-20-2002, 12:24 PM
Congratulations JarJar for all your great and informative posts.
Many times you have answered mine, and many others questions on these boards since I first joined when this version of the boards opened.
For that all I say is:
'Yousa not in big dudu this time.'
Heres for the next several thousand posts...

STiin

Pendo
08-21-2002, 08:58 AM
Hey I just noticed JediTricks has over 5000 too, congrats to him :D.

PENDO!

scruffziller
08-21-2002, 12:49 PM
It's too bad that his title didn't turn to Emperor Moderator. Hey Jedi Tricks, how are you "SUPER" Moderator, are moderator over all the moderators?

darthvyn
08-21-2002, 06:29 PM
It's too bad that his title didn't turn to Emperor Moderator. Hey Jedi Tricks, how are you "SUPER" Moderator, are moderator over all the moderators?

well, he's got powers far beyond those of mortal moderators... or something like that...

hango fett
08-21-2002, 06:32 PM
hey! we have another celebration! jedi tricks hit 5000 not to long ago! congrats again!
h

JediTricks
08-22-2002, 01:14 AM
Wow, I can't believe I didn't even notice that when it happened last night. :D Thanks for the congrats gang!

"Super Moderator" has more system abilities than a regular moderator (for example, I can moderate ANY section), but not as much control as the admin.

Beast
08-22-2002, 01:21 AM
Congrats, S.M. JT. I wonder if people were placing bets on which one of us would reach 5K first. I know that I got a few PM's saying they were watching us closely to see who would make it there first. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

darthvyn
08-22-2002, 09:22 AM
's pretty cool to see both 5k's one after the other like that... it's also cool that you both still have unique "ranks," as opposed to having two emperors (how would anything get done in the galaxy that way...)

JediTricks
08-22-2002, 10:45 PM
...as opposed to having two emperors (how would anything get done in the galaxy that way...) That is why I wrote the Sith path with a different top level, but Steve didn't like it: "Dark Overlord"

Actually, I had a few extra ranks for the Sith path, but mopst were too "EU" for Steve's tastes (though I'm really glad he kept "Angry Loner" and "Sith Initiate"):

Angry Loner
Darkside Puppet
Dark Assassin
Sith Initiate
Sith Apprentice
Dark Master
Sith Lord
Dark Overlord

Beast
08-22-2002, 10:52 PM
So JT, since you wrote the Sith path, care to let a little spoiler loose on what is ahead at 10,000 posts? Or do you automatically implode once you reach that many posts. Or you going to make us all suffer until someone reaches 10K? ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
08-23-2002, 12:16 AM
Nothing, that is the end of the rank-rainbow.

Beast
08-23-2002, 12:22 AM
I guess Sir Steve will have to consider the ability for custom rankings at 10K then. No hurry of course, since noone is going to reach that ammount anytime soon. BTW, "Galactic Emperor" sounds so much better then just plain barebones "Emperor". :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Sidious
08-23-2002, 07:45 PM
Congratulations JT! I like the Sith path too, except for Darkside Puppet. But the rest are good, imo. Strange, I had thought that if I could ever customize my rank I'd choose "Sith Overlord". Anyway, congratulations on the 5000 posts, keep them coming. :)