PDA

View Full Version : Whats The WORST Episode 1 Figure?

GNT
08-17-2001, 06:45 AM
Well where to start???

I'll let someone else start here :)

But what is the worst Episode 1 figure? Which one has the worst lines etc...

Thoughts?

evenflow
08-17-2001, 08:07 AM
The first release of Boss Nass. Just plain terrible.

QLD
08-17-2001, 08:54 AM
Naboo Anakin in his "jedi" robes.

JEDIpartner
08-17-2001, 10:16 AM
1.) Magic Shell Mace Windu
2.) Magic Shell Adi Gallia
3.) Magic Shell Anakin Skywalker (Naboo)

...which carried over to POTJ- Magic Shell Obi-Wan Kenobi!!!

Sith Worm
08-17-2001, 10:44 AM
Could you possibly be talking about, "The all new and improved choclate covered Obi-Wan Easter egg!" That would be up there ,but the capes come off. As for Boss Nass there is no excuse that was the worst. Thank you for putting out another one Hasbro!:mad:

humsup
08-17-2001, 09:33 PM
Absolutely worse - Qui-Gon Jinn Jedi duel :(

the master jedi
08-17-2001, 09:50 PM
I don't like the way they did the light-up holographic Qui-Gon.

bigbarada
08-18-2001, 01:11 PM
The first Boss Nass was terrible.:mad:

12inch Lando
08-18-2001, 03:18 PM
The swimming Jar-Jar is absolutely worthless.

matt_ox
08-18-2001, 06:52 PM
The Anakin that came with the pod is pretty sac-less.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-21-2001, 10:41 AM
Thumbs down on Ody Mandrell and a close second for Gasgano. Two useless figures that can't stand on their own. Hasbro, in their infinite wisdom picked the two crummiest pod racers for figures. Their only redeeming points are the droid pack-ins and we even got those in the Mechanikin and pit droid figures.

BenQuad
08-21-2001, 07:29 PM
All of the first wave...... they all look soooooo poor in comparison to whats been kicked out now.

2-1B
08-22-2001, 01:58 AM
Pod Racer Anakin is definitely terrible!

GNT
08-22-2001, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
Thumbs down on Ody Mandrell and a close second for Gasgano. Two useless figures that can't stand on their own. Hasbro, in their infinite wisdom picked the two crummiest pod racers for figures. Their only redeeming points are the droid pack-ins and we even got those in the Mechanikin and pit droid figures.

Gasgano is NOT a useless figure :mad: ! Please take that back

JediTricks
08-22-2001, 11:21 PM
Gasgano's an interesting character design, but his figure sucks, the arms won't stay on and he doesn't have articulated legs. He may be the worst. Even sucky ol' OOM-9 has 2 cool accessories.

GNT
08-23-2001, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Gasgano's an interesting character design, but his figure sucks, the arms won't stay on and he doesn't have articulated legs. He may be the worst. Even sucky ol' OOM-9 has 2 cool accessories.

Dont make me kill you hurt you Jeditricks,Gasgano Rules!

And as you said OOM-9 is the worst!

Magnolia-Fan
08-25-2001, 04:45 PM
Worse than the "Hologram Qui-Gon" was the "Hologram Maul".

You cant see ANY tattoo detail in his face, causing him to look like...a guy in a robe.

master jedi
08-25-2001, 06:50 PM
The light-up hologram maul sucked and should've had more detail to the face but IMO I think the qui-gon hologram sucks more.

bigbarada
08-26-2001, 01:12 PM
Are those pieces of crap even considered action figures? I figured they were just more cash-in gimmicks from Hasbro.

Jargo
08-26-2001, 01:22 PM
All the hologram figures are useless. They just mold them from the regular figres and cut off the feet so they aren't tall enough and seeem like slimmed down versions. the only thing that marks hologram maul down as actually being Maul are the boots. they have the same design on the front but that's the only factor of recognition.

I thought the worst figure was the Hex and Rex figure that came with the awful spitting Jabba. Fode and Beed are bad enough with those heads that don't seem to belong to the body but the Hex and Rex version is horrible. The headfs are nice in a pre-final version sort of way. But the body just plain sucks. It's so incomplete it's an embarrassment to Hasbro surely?

BenQuad
08-26-2001, 06:25 PM
I liked the sidious holograph figure....... it had a damned site more going for it than the regular figure.

Agreed Jargo, Hex and Rex was the worst Hasbro could have produced. Strangley though the faces were a great likeness of the pre-production snaps of Greg Proops and whatever the other guy was....... a great curio in years to come.

Jargo
08-26-2001, 07:29 PM
It'll be worth a hell of a lot more moolah than the POTJ version. given that it's a variant and a pre-production design that they based the figure on. Oh yeah, big bucks for that baby in a few years time..... :)

Sidious is okay as far as big lumps of semi-opaque plastic go... I have two as I got one with one of the bonus pit droids. Anyone want to trade for a loose holo sidious.....? (I went mad a couple of months ago and ripped all those little babies out of their plastic bubble prisons... heeheehee! :) )

Magnolia-Fan
08-26-2001, 08:51 PM
The holograms should be called INACTION figures.

Would you beleive, I have the worst of them all, FRITO LAY KENOBI, on my desk next to my computer?

His immobile arm that sticks out forward all the time would shake it's finger at me in disgust...IF IT COULD!!!

BenQuad
08-27-2001, 08:11 AM
Sidious is okay as far as big lumps of semi-opaque plastic go... I have two as I got one with one of the bonus pit droids. Anyone want to trade for a loose holo sidious.....? (I went mad a couple of months ago and ripped all those little babies out of their plastic bubble prisons... heeheehee! )

Its a great feeling - I "liberated" most of my figures this time last year. Felt great afterwards - my girlfriend was less than impressed. :)

Jargo
08-27-2001, 07:45 PM
Yeeeeees... IKEA are very happy at the moment as I've just spent a small fortune on modular shelving units to house all the little beggars witj enough shelf space to allow for the fact that most of them don't stand up too well and my dog is a figure connousoir. don't want to lose any figures like I lost Luke Dagobah. that was pretty messy. I found his limbs a few days later when my dog............. :)

Darth AL
08-30-2001, 12:33 AM
I would have to say watto from wattos box ****es me off he always bends backwards maybe its just my fig but damn.
also that red twilek sucks and 1st wave Boss Nass
dabadabadabadabaSUCKS.

Lobito
09-04-2001, 04:58 PM
Boss Nass is the worst EP1 figure ever made hands down.

GNT
09-10-2001, 03:10 AM
How could I forget about the light up holographic figures, not only were they bad,they weren't even to the correct scale!

master jedi
09-12-2001, 04:28 PM
I've always thought that Hasbro should've put the holo Sidious on a lihgt-up stand instead of a holo qui-gon. Qui-Gon wasn't even a hologram in TPM. I also think they should also try to make a holo Sio Bibble and Senator Palpatine.

GNT
09-14-2001, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by master jedi
I've always thought that Hasbro should've put the holo Sidious on a lihgt-up stand instead of a holo qui-gon. Qui-Gon wasn't even a hologram in TPM. I also think they should also try to make a holo Sio Bibble and Senator Palpatine.

Yeah but you could always place Sidious on the light up stand if your not lazy :)

SPOILER WARNING...

SPOILER WARNING..

SPOILER WARNING.

As for Qui-Gon he'll be in Episode 2 according to some sources as a Hologram in the Jedi Temple :)

Hope that helps

sith_killer_99
10-08-2001, 08:02 AM
Worst EP1 figure is a tie:

Jar-Jar Binks
Jar-Jar Binks (Naboo Swamp AKA Fishy Jar-Jar)
Jar-Jar Binks (From Beast Pack)
Jar-Jar Binks (From Cinema Scene AKA Lipstick Jar-Jar)

As for Boss Nass, he was bad, but at least the EP1 version had a BODY!!! The POTJ version is a better sculpt and correct size, but still falls into the same category as Mon Mothma and Royal Guard...useless hunk of plastic!

JediTricks
10-08-2001, 10:57 AM
I think it's that Jar Jar from the Gungan cannon, it doesn't even have articulated legs!

JEDIpartner
10-09-2001, 09:46 AM
Jar Jar was pretty inarticulate altogether, so at least they were trying to add some consistency at Hasbro!

sith_killer_99
10-09-2001, 05:00 PM
How could I forget about the Gungan Cannon Jar-Jar?!?!

Thanks for reminding me JT!

And with the release of Jar-Jar Tatooine for the POTJ line I fear we may see more Jar-Jar sculpts than Luke Skywalkers.

And the guy NEVER changed outfits?!?!

What's up with that?

That's 6, count them 6 Jar-Jar figures?

That's more Jar-Jars than all the other Gungans put together?

Boss Nass X2
Gungan Warrior X2 (FAO Exclusive)
Capt. Tarpals X1

AHHHHHHHHHHH!

DIE JAR-JAR DIE!

GNT
10-10-2001, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by sith_killer_99
That's more Jar-Jars than all the other Gungans put together?

They are giving us a Jar Jar Army, who wants Gungans when you can have an army of 60-70 Jar Jars,Thats why hasbro shipped out so many of them :)

JediTricks
10-10-2001, 09:59 AM
Thanks for reminding me JT!

...more Jar-Jars than all the other Gungans put together?

Boss Nass X2
Gungan Warrior X2 (FAO Exclusive)
Capt. Tarpals X1Sure thing, glad to remind you of the WORST FRIGGIN' TOY IN THE LINE! ;)

There are actually 5.5 Gungans when you count the half-Gungan Warrior from the Falumpaset w/ Battle Wagon*. That's still half a figure less than the number of Jar Jar figures (and this isn't including the 2 12" Jar Jar figures nor the 2 plush ones from Hasbro)!

* - didn't Hasbro learn ANYTHING from the debacle with the Imperial Cruisemissile Trooper?!?

jsb21
10-17-2001, 10:05 PM
I have to go with the pod racer Anakin.

Wooooof
10-21-2001, 02:36 PM
Is this Episode 1 based figures or only figures that sold under the Episode 1 logo?

If we're talking all Episode 1 based figures then I'd have to say Anakin Mechanic.

sith_killer_99
10-21-2001, 03:18 PM
Let's see, the EP1 (packaged) Anakin had 5 points of articulation and came with a backpack and some stupid grease gun thing.

The POTJ Anakin Mechanic had added knee articulation, and another droid to add to our collection.

Added articulation and a free droid = more bang for the buck if you ask me.

Richuar
10-22-2001, 02:47 PM
As much as Boss Nass sucked,as poor as Jar-Jar/Gungan cannon is and as lacklustre as Watto from the cinema scene is the only real candidate that no-one has mentioned yet is the rolled up Droideka that was the exclusive pack in with the R2-D2 carry case. As my then girlfriend said to me, " So you only bought that carry case to get that! It's not even the right size! Does it do anything? No! And how much room will that case take up on the shelf? How much money did you waste on that ?". Then she just collapsed laughing at me,me and my shrunken un-articulated, oh so exclusive Droideka.

Jargo
10-22-2001, 06:03 PM
Definately the Theed hangar Qui-Gon with the wobbly spastic leg and floppy arms. "Qui-Gon Jinn with big girl kicking action" boasts the box.... hmmmmmmm... And a close one with that tiny rolled up droideka. Man was I disappointed. In fact allthe figures with action features are lame. The deluxe figures with bizzare giant saber growths, Qui-Gon from the Eopie.... Actually there's something of a Qui-Gon theme here with these crap figures. Maybe that's cuz Qui-Gon is CRAP! :)

sith_killer_99
10-23-2001, 01:38 AM
Ah, we have hit upon another thread.

The underlying problem with the rolled-up droideka and Theed Hanger Qui-Gon, is that these are not REAL figures.

They are gimicks, just something to catch our eye!

Hasbro has a real ISSUE with giving us quality pack-in figures. They just stick them in to make us over-pay for junk we don't really want.

Thank you Hasbro:p

You know we love you:rolleyes:

The collectors friend:o

When's the next fan's choice poll?:confused:

Wolfwood319
10-27-2001, 12:56 PM
Its quite hard to pick the worst EP1 figure, they were all pretty lame compared to the latest FF and Commtech POTF2 figs. It always seemed to me that they just tried to hash out as many figs in time to cash in for the movie, therefore, all the sculpts were somewhat lacking, with the exception of a few.

I really thought the first Darth Maul was pretty bad, and the Boss Nass.

GNT
10-27-2001, 09:27 PM
The POTJ Anakin Mechanic had added knee articulation, and another droid to add to our collection.

He also had hand articulation :)

sith_killer_99
10-29-2001, 01:08 AM
Yep!:D

Which brings up another point. Why doesn't Hasbro give wrist articulation to all figures? I would think that they could make this standard by now, with only a few exceptions.:mad:

GNT
10-29-2001, 01:24 AM
Yep!:D

Which brings up another point. Why doesn't Hasbro give wrist articulation to all figures? I would think that they could make this standard by now, with only a few exceptions.:mad:

Cause it costs so much to make them with the extra point :)

sith_killer_99
10-29-2001, 02:05 AM
AH, good point.....get it.....point! HEHEHEHE:D

OK, it's late.:p