PDA

View Full Version : SW Trivial Pursuit is pointless.

scruffziller
08-18-2002, 04:50 PM
It is really no fun, BECAUSE EVERYONE KNOWS THE ANSWERS!!!!!
Nothing hardly clever at all. How could it unless they had more based on EPS 1,2 and eventually 3.
I would like to see a Star Trek Trivial pursuit. Now there is a well of questions unlike anything we have faced. Also a Dragonball/Z/GT would be another great one.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-18-2002, 04:57 PM
I like it a lot! It's fun, and I always win! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

scruffziller
08-18-2002, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL
I like it a lot! It's fun, and I always win! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Let me clarify, EVERYONE including myself know the answers.
We might as well just role the dice and see who can land in the middle the fastest and throw out the trivia cards, that's about what happens. No challenge.:cry:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-18-2002, 05:20 PM
There was an EI expansion pack, that I wanted but never got. I wish there could have been one for EII.

scruffziller
08-18-2002, 07:41 PM
Yea I do have that version where it gave it with the game. Check on Trivial Pursuit's website and see what you can do.

master jedi
08-18-2002, 09:30 PM
I haven't played this game in a really long time because it just got too easy. I hope they make one where they have a lot harder SW questions.

boss nass
08-18-2002, 09:53 PM
They probably won't make another because it didn't sell well

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-18-2002, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by boss nass
They probably won't make another because it didn't sell well

Yeah, I picked up mine for really cheap. Something like $6 at TRU last year.

As scruff said, with thousands of questions, there are only so many questions you can have that tie in with all three movies of the classic trilogy (although I think they have Ep1 Preview Questions).

The R2 electronic "dice" that it comes with is pretty cool. Too bad no one in my family likes to play it with me because they know who would win. :cry:

LTBasker
08-18-2002, 11:59 PM
It's always been pretty easy, but even though it's easy the pewter pieces are nice and the electronic R2 dice is awesome. :D

bigbarada
08-19-2002, 12:18 AM
I would love to see a Lord of the Rings Trivial Pursuit. Now that would be a definite brain-stumper.

Croaker
08-19-2002, 06:27 AM
Nobody would play against me so it sits on the shelf

scruffziller
08-19-2002, 07:06 AM
I think alot of us have a mutual agreement and feeling.

Master Goeweins
08-19-2002, 11:26 AM
I got one when they first came out and I loved the idea..... but no one will ever play with me...... it's a sad day.

billfremore
08-19-2002, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Croaker
Nobody would play against me so it sits on the shelf

I think I've played it a total of 6 times since I got it 4 years ago.

Everytime I mention it people just look at me like I'm insane or drunk to even suggest it.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-19-2002, 11:41 AM
I wonder if the Simpsons trivia game would be more challenging to play.

billfremore
08-19-2002, 11:43 AM
I think they should make a master edition of the Star wars Trivial pursuit, you know something to stump us hardcore fans and not stupid questions like "Who is C-3PO's short companion?"

Exhaust Port
08-19-2002, 10:56 PM
I too bought the SW Trivia game when it went on sale years ago. I kind of knew getting it that no one would play with me. I entertained myself by reading the questions. Not nearly the challenge that I've experienced with normal Trivial Pursuit.

I own 3 of the Simpsons trivia games and they are fairly challenging for me. I'm a frequent watcher and consider myself somewhat knowledgable with the Simpsons.

icatch9
08-20-2002, 09:15 AM
I've played with my friends (non-star wars freaks, just normal fans) and they loved playing it. They knew I'd win (got close to getting beat once, but it was never a question :)), but they play anyway. I think that is what this game was for. The normal fans, not walking fact machines like you and me. Still, some of the questions are hard and some are easy. I do think it's a good mix. I didn't know many of them that had to do with producion and location. I also have the Episode 1 game. It's a whole game with a box and everything (not a small expansion pack). It comes with a large stack of cards a board and two puture figures (Sideous and Obi Wan, I think ). Anyway, it's fun and has similar questions as the other. Tough questios about star wars exist, it's just we know them already. What's the name of the Flag Ship of the Rebelion in ROTJ? and How many years will a victim of the all mighty Sarlacc suffer? are very hard questions. It's just we know them and thus, they seem easy to us. Physics is hard, but I'm sure some Dr.'s think it's easy stuff. So, it's all relative. A new eddition for AOTC would be great, but it's doubful. A super hard eddition called "Hard Core Star Wars" won't happen either. What could they ask? Who manufactured the belts worn by the Death Star Troopers? How many steps did C3P0 take befor he was found by the Jawa sand crawler? Those are impossible questions that no one probally knows. So, that game wouldn't be fun either. I've played TP where no one gets anything right. It's very boreing and people don't want to play. So, haveing questions people know is much more fun.

scruffziller
08-21-2002, 11:01 AM
Well I think the perfect game is.......................the STAR TREK trivia game which I will get. I FOUND IT!!!!! Star Trek Trivia (http://www.boardgames.com/startrektrivia.html) Has anyone played this? Here we have a well of knowledge that we could know alot about but it may have a balance in which will have alot of questions in which the answers will be on the "tip of our toungues." Where SW Trivia had only questions that were no brainers or had absololutely no clue. Behind the scenes stuff, I don't think the hardcore SW fan is in to. They only care about the story not how it got there. I could not find one person who knew (unless they got the question by playing the game) "what items of questionable taste hung from the ceiling of the cockpit on the Millenium Falcon?" I scoured those movies forever to find where the showed them and found it one day by accident. And the shot,
you can't tell what they really are. Where does the "questionable taste" reference come from anyway? Must of had to listen to the radio show or read the book.

icatch9
08-21-2002, 11:13 AM
Nope I've read the book and listened to the radio drama and no mention of fuzzy dice anywhere. With a set up like "questionable taste" you expect the answer to be something like Bantha Balls. It was probally mentioned in some interview that no one has ever sceen.

I agree that the questions are real easy or real hard. Still it's unfair to compair Star Trek to Star Wars. Star Trek (if you just mean the original) had something like 60 episodes (right?), plus 7 movies (Generations has to count becasue Kirk is in it :)). That is approx. 52 hours of Star Trek fun to pull questios from. All 5 Star Wars movies only total 11 hours at most. So, clearly it's an unfair comparison.

Something needs to be done, but bord games are a thing of the past. I doubt they'll ever make one (at least any time soon). Now a days games are played on computers or systems (PS2 ect.) or with a deck of cards (CCG). At best board games have become collectables and not even played with. I mean who really needs that many versions of monopoly?

scruffziller
08-21-2002, 11:16 AM
No dude check out the game. THe game cover all the movies up to Insurrection, I assume, and all 4 series to Voyager. I enjoy a good old fashioned board game. As a kid I grew up without a computer.

Patient Zero
08-21-2002, 08:38 PM
I bought SW Trivial when it was discounted at TRU, but I don't have anyone to play with that has as any real SW knowledge. I might as well just play with myself...............ummm...that did not come out right.

rynobot
08-22-2002, 05:35 AM
I use to play with my older brother, he use to think he knew mor SW than me. Well I beat him pretty good, and I did learn something I didn't know before. At one point in a game we just started asking the hardest question on each card and counted he had the most right. I remember the one question, What type of droid is R2-D2? I answered with "Astromeich Droid", but the card said Astro.

icatch9
08-22-2002, 10:33 AM
IT'S MOORS, NOT MOOPS! THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS MOOPS!

Master Goeweins
08-22-2002, 11:38 AM
Poor Bubble Boy........