PDA

View Full Version : How will Palpatine be revealed?

maulrat22
08-19-2002, 02:28 AM
When or how will Palpatine finally be discovered he was behind all of the chaos. I also, wonder if he will somehow turn the clones to his side and use them to defeat the jedi. What do you think?

Pendo
08-19-2002, 06:14 AM
Palpatine will deffo be found out in Episode 3. I think it will be something like the Jedi track the Sith to Palpatine's appartment thinking Palpy is in trouble. They will break in but find that Palpy is actually the Sith.
The clones are already on Palpatine's side and when he thinks the time is right he will order them to hunt down the Jedi.

PENDO!

tagmac
08-19-2002, 03:24 PM
I think during the battle between Dooku and Anakin, which will likely be midway through the film. Just like in ROTJ, Sidious will be there for the whole thing. When it is all over and Anakin is victorious, Sidious will remove his hood to reveal Senator Palpatine underneath.

scruffziller
08-21-2002, 03:20 PM
I would like to see him pulling his cloak over his head and then force lightning a whole bunch of people.

darthvyn
08-26-2002, 11:08 AM
i think he'll be wearing some sort of "darth maul print" lacy underwear, in chiffon... maybe a baby-doll nightie...

what? OH!!! how his CHARACTER will be revealed to the JEDI in ep. III... uh, i think after he starts giving some weird commands to the republic army, the jedi will start having doubts about his motivations...

Darkross
08-27-2002, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by scruffziller
I would like to see him pulling his cloak over his head and then force lightning a whole bunch of people.

Yeah...that would be funny...catching a whole bunch of Jedi, politicians etc...completely off guard.

Darkross
08-27-2002, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by tagmac
I think during the battle between Dooku and Anakin, which will likely be midway through the film. Just like in ROTJ, Sidious will be there for the whole thing. When it is all over and Anakin is victorious, Sidious will remove his hood to reveal Senator Palpatine underneath.

Also another good revelation of Palpatine's powers!

Rogue II
08-27-2002, 03:59 PM
I figured he would be really bored in the senate one day and be get caught doodleing on his notepad...

"Emperor Palpatine, Master of the Sith"

stad
09-04-2002, 12:16 AM
Yeah, that's it. They'll catch him drawing stuff in his notebook like Death Stars blowing up alien planets and TIE's shooting the Jedi Temple.

jjreason
09-26-2002, 10:52 PM
There may be no real revelation. Do we know that the general populace are aware of his Sith-hood (Sith-ness?) at any point? I think he will try to keep it secret. The Jedi will try to reveal it to the masses, but somehow they'll be totally discredited by then and come off like paranoid freaks ('member Han's impressions of Jedi and the Force circa ANH?) further casting doubt upon their real abilities. Poor Jedi - doomed as doomed can be.

jedihunter25
09-26-2002, 11:18 PM
I think it will be somewhere between the begining and half way though the movie because of the information that Dooku pass to Obi-Wan- so the Jedi Council is on alert now. Plus Ep.3 has alot of catching up to do (for one movie) for all films to fall into place- so I can see Anakin turns into Vader half way through the movie.

Pendo
09-27-2002, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by jjreason
There may be no real revelation. Do we know that the general populace are aware of his Sith-hood (Sith-ness?) at any point? I think he will try to keep it secret. The Jedi will try to reveal it to the masses, but somehow they'll be totally discredited by then and come off like paranoid freaks ('member Han's impressions of Jedi and the Force circa ANH?) further casting doubt upon their real abilities. Poor Jedi - doomed as doomed can be.

I don't agree with not revealing ol' Palpy, but I think it is a cool idea having the Jedi humiliated. It would be the final thing to make the galaxy lose faith in the Republic. GREAT IDEA JJREASON!!! :D.

It would also slightly change the way we feel about the end of Return of the Jedi, when Luke says "I am a Jedi..." we will get the feeling that the Jedi are back and have saved the galaxy, restored themselves from their humility. :)

PENDO!

Exhaust Port
09-27-2002, 03:25 PM
I'm imagining a scene similar to when the true Wizard of Oz is revealed.

"Ignore the man behind the curtain."

YodaBoba
10-04-2002, 07:35 AM
To think if Sidious removes his hood the Star Wars movies would be ruined. Anakin, after he turns to Vader, won't know untill the end of Episode III. Lucas should keep it a secret. If the Jedi learns that Sidious is Palpatine they would say something like this: Palpatine was behind it all. Besides we all know Sidious and Palpatine is ONE and the same. So Lucas probably won't have Sidious remove his hood. If Sidious removes his hood Star Wars would be ruined.

Pendo
10-04-2002, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by YodaBoba
To think if Sidious removes his hood the Star Wars movies would be ruined. Anakin, after he turns to Vader, won't know untill the end of Episode III. Lucas should keep it a secret. If the Jedi learns that Sidious is Palpatine they would say something like this: Palpatine was behind it all. Besides we all know Sidious and Palpatine is ONE and the same. So Lucas probably won't have Sidious remove his hood. If Sidious removes his hood Star Wars would be ruined.

I disagree, I don't think it will ruin the movies. I'd find it quite interesting actually :). I can picture it in my head. Something like:
Sidious is on a hologram to Dooku, and the Jedi find out that Sidious is in Palpatine's appartment so persume that he's in trouble. They break into the appartment only to find Sidious in the room. Sidious turns to face the Jedi removing his hood as he does so, to reveal it to the Jedi. He then signals to clones and millions of them enter the room. The Jedi are helpless against them and they are all killed...

PENDO!