PDA

View Full Version : 25th Landspeeder -- soso

JediBoulton
08-19-2002, 01:48 PM
Just picked up the new landspeeder -- here are my thoughts:

Looks Great in the package!

Speeder looks more like the one in the movie -- longer and alot more detailed than the last two. Engine compartment does not open like the old one -- but the detail makes up for this.

The back of the speeder is longer to accomidate droids -- if there was a place to secure them. As long as they "sit" there -- it looks good. The wind shield and stearing wheel add a nice touch to the speeder -- along with the rifle holder.

As far as Luke goes -- REPACKAGE!! Looks alot like Flashback Luke -- without the hat -- could have done the "knocked in the head" version of Luke -- we dont have that one yet...

Overall -- A nice piece to sit on the Desk or for display.

pthfnder89
08-19-2002, 05:53 PM
Sounds pretty good, thanks JediBoultan. I plan to pick one up when I get the chance.

The repackaged Luke is unfortunate, but not surprising.(and not particularly new) But I'm glad to hear that hear that the rifle actually has a holder on the side of the speeder. I was afraid that it would either be permanently attached, or it was just a trick of the packaging.

Prince Xizor
08-27-2002, 12:41 PM
I still haven't seen it at my TRU yet (Did see the X-Wing Though) I am definetly going to pick it up when I find it.

JEDIpartner
08-29-2002, 10:00 AM
I just got this and I think it is AWESOME! It's MUCH better in detail and accuracy than the previous versions. Sadly, it doesn't have the foot pegs behind the seats for the droids and Luke's head DOES stick out above the windscreen. Still this is THE best landspeeder to date and I am glad that I never got the vintage versions.

Also... the "spring-loaded" wheels seem to be a little sturdier this time. They might be a little less prone to that wear and sinking in thing that happened over time with the vintage one.