PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro's Ultimate Collector Search! (merged)

OriginalBryGuy
08-19-2002, 02:19 PM
This is pretty cool...Hasbro's searching for the Ultimate Collector, although I thought Steve Sansweet was already deemed that. haha..

If you're 4-14 http://www.starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews_content.cfm?id=77

If you're 15+http://starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews_content.cfm?id=79

Anyway check the prize list...

One (1) GRAND PRIZE WINNER, selected from eligible entries, will be awarded a STAR WARS action figure crafted in his or her likeness, a trip to Hasbro for the winner and a guest (if winner is under age 18, his/her guest must be a parent/guardian) to join the STAR WARS team for a day (trip includes coach class airfare for two from the major airport nearest to winnerís home, hotel accommodations chosen by Sponsor for two days and one night, and $200.00 in cash for expenses), a complete set of Hasbro 2003 STAR WARS EPISODE II 3.75-inch basic action figures (to be determined by Hasbro), a JORG SACUL action figure and a Hasbro STAR WARS EPISODE II action figure poster.

That's a pretty sweet package! What do you think?

billfremore
08-19-2002, 02:23 PM
So the guy who spends the most money or time on his collection wins?

Great contest. :rolleyes:

El Chuxter
08-19-2002, 02:24 PM
JUDGING: Each entry meeting eligibility criteria will be judged based on its representation of attributes deemed to be relevant by Hasbro in its sole discretion. Attributes/criteria used to evaluate collections may include, but may not necessarily be limited to the following:
Creativity of display and/or storage method
Size of collection
Answers to required Questionnaire
Breadth of collection (variety of characters, vehicles and films represented throughout the collection)
Collections must contain only product issued by, and marketed under the following three brand names: (1) Hasbro; (2) Kenner; and/or (3) Galoob.

The basic idea is cool, but it seems to favor people who are loaded, have tons of room for display, and have had incredible luck finding stuff. So I say jeers to Hasbro! Jeers! Jeers!

Wonder if I could win by saying my figures are on a bookshelf, except the ones that are stored in my closet? Or should I just not waste my time?

I'd still like a Jorg Sacul. :(

OriginalBryGuy
08-19-2002, 02:30 PM
I have a decent collection but seriously doubt it would win a contest like that. I'm not loaded, nor do I have space to display it. I just thought the prize package was decent. Whoever does win is a lucky @*%$!

That would be cool if the winner got all the variations of the 2003 set as well. haha.

hango fett
08-19-2002, 02:34 PM
too bad i have no chance in hell of winning......:cry: and i'm almost a year over the age limit, so i could do it too!!!but why should i bother if we have everything from 1995-1996(whenever the red cards and the green cards with the holo stuff whereout) out of the pack..................................
...:cry:
h
EDIT IN: i bet next years figs will suck if they are giving a whole set away.....:D J/K
H...again

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-19-2002, 03:15 PM
WOOHOO! Sweet! I'm 12, have a fairly large collection, and I could use all the 2003 figs (of course). However, I already have two Jorgs . . . if I win I suppose I could sell it . . . :D

hango fett
08-19-2002, 03:18 PM
if your 12 then you can't enter. gotta be 15 or older....
h

thespar
08-19-2002, 03:23 PM
would nice to enter but i have been only been collect since es 1 and have a few potf figures. but heck i am a card collecter. But would be nice to fet a hold of a couple of the items up for grabs.

Lord Tenebrous
08-19-2002, 03:24 PM
So this is the 'Christmas entertainment' at Hasbro. :rolleyes:

Look at all the multiples! If we had only done figures with and without backgrounds and hologram stickers, we'd be even richer!

This is just a really stupid marketing ploy to find out who buys the most (that being the guy who thinks every variation and paint error is sacred). If I enter, all my pictures will have cut-up figures and a big poster that says "HASBRO SUCKS" :Pirate:

Like I want the mostly-recycled Jorg. Or a year's worth of inferior product (at this rate, stores might accept a whopping 6 figures while still getting rid of the glut from 4/23). And an action figure of me...wow! That would get me more bragging rights than being a moderator at TFN! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

JEDIpartner
08-19-2002, 03:24 PM
Ultimate Collector? Whatever. :o

OriginalBryGuy
08-19-2002, 03:38 PM
There is a separate contest I guess...

If you're 4-14 http://www.starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews_content.cfm?id=77

Mar10Sir
08-19-2002, 04:45 PM
Okaaaay..? grand prize: a complete set of basic figures. DUH!!!! Don't we have those already???? I mean... if we're (or at least wish to be) die-hard SW collectors we already have most if not all of the basic figures that came out for AOTC. Lame prize!

The Jorg Sacul is cool and the self-portrait figure is as well, but then again... couldn't they have come up with sump'm a lil' bit better?

I dunno'... a gift certificate for new upcoming merhcandise redeemable anywhere? A fresh case of NEWLY RELEASED figures? Or... the answer to one of life's great misteries: WHAT THE HECK ARE ALL THOSE JEDI MASTER POINTS GOOD FOR????

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-19-2002, 05:28 PM
Mar10Sir, maybe you didn't see that it said 2003 figures. And since I don't have a time machine, I don't have these, and I find it amazing that you do. :crazed:

Jargo
08-19-2002, 05:50 PM
WOO... another kick in the teeth to the rest of the world. I'm sure all the avid collectors the globe over will be so happy for the winner who recieves a years worth of free figures. We of course wouldn't want to be part of such a peeing contestcompetition or similar. Such peeing contests competitions are not fun at all and us being miserable scum heathens from uncharted foreign lands don't even qualify as registered humans so why we should want to be included in something like this is puzzling and baffling right.....? :rolleyes:

Hellboy
08-19-2002, 06:23 PM
I think this is a good way to reward someone who is a devoted SW fan. What I find amazing is the constant bashing of Hasbro by members of this forum. You all collect SW merchandise from Hasbro in some way shape or form but few people seem to appreciate the extra little things this company does for us, the collector. Their ideas aren't always perfect but they are trying to please everyone by doing things such as this contest, giving us exclusive figures at events, and making fan choice figures.

TylerD
08-19-2002, 07:07 PM
Well said Hellboy!

patchiswelsh
08-20-2002, 07:58 AM
I think they need a comp like this in the UK
but they juniors win a complete set of 2003 Episode 2 Hasbro 3/34 figs
when do you think they will get them
maybe will know whats coming sooner, like when the sets are given to the winners
i wonder when

plo koon 200
08-20-2002, 01:19 PM
Hmm. I have a decent size collection and two brothers that are in the 4-14 group. Maybe I can enter them. Nah. I would really like to win that contest and my entire collection is displayed in a 240 sq. ft room. I have a few things that might make the grand prize winner because of the way I got the items not just the items that I have.

OriginalBryGuy
08-20-2002, 03:15 PM
Do tell, plo koon...

-JediMaster-Yoda-
08-20-2002, 04:36 PM
did anyone see the commerical for the contest? they should a glimpse of the 2003 figures

Paul-Kenobi
08-20-2002, 08:27 PM
i can'r enter becuase of two things 1 i only have a small collection of Episode II toys thats it so i would lose anyway... :( i wish i could have a cool action figure of my self though :( :( :( :( :( :(

icatch9
08-21-2002, 07:48 AM
I think you guys read the contest wrong. It's more luck than anything. The way I read it is that there would be a pool of people who qualify for the grand prize. Probally anyone with a large collection (wich will be tons of people). Then from that pool a random person would be drawn to win. So, it won't neccisarily be the person who has 1 of everything ever, it will be a person who has a lot of stuff and is then lucky to be drawn.

Plus, people who have thier collections diplayed in a cool way won't have a better chance of winning. It will help you get in, but it's still random. The contest wouldnt' be legal if it were not random. The government is funny about forms of gambling. Especially when minors are concerened (ages 15-17).

I plan on entering. Of course I hope to win. All that stuff would be great! I'd love to go to Hasbro. Heck, I'd pay to do that. I have a large collection, but I by no means am "loaded" or "rich". I've just been at it for 24 years. Stuff tends to build up. I mean I had a Luke Skywalker figure in my crib for crying out loud.

Besides if it was a contest for the person who has the most they may as well just hand it over to Sansweet or Brian (from Brians Toys) or who ever is the majority owner of Cloud City Collectables. They all have tons of stuff that's one of a kind, the average collector couldn't compete with that :(. So, it has to and will be just a random drawing of people who qualify. Good luke to everyone :D!!!:D!!

OriginalBryGuy
08-21-2002, 10:09 AM
I think contests like this are cool. It's too bad they don't have more.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-21-2002, 02:46 PM
I'd love to enter, but more than half of my stuff is in my parents' garage in SoCal. My 7-year-old son, however, has tons of loose SW toys littering his room. I bet if we set them all up and made a few good action poses he'd have a good chance at winning something. I bet if he won Hasbro would just stick a different head on an EP1 Anakin body and give it to him.

KIDD
08-21-2002, 08:56 PM
Who's gonna enter?
Who thinks i have a chance?

macewindu87
08-21-2002, 08:59 PM
in my opinion KIDD I don't think you have a chance, but i hope you don't think I'm rude but i've seen better.
mace

KIDD
08-21-2002, 09:10 PM
are u sure that was only part of my coll

macewindu87
08-21-2002, 09:17 PM
if you show me the rest and work a little harder you may have a chance ,but by the way it looks now you don't have a chance.
Sorry, again I'm not trying to be rude .
Mace

hango fett
08-21-2002, 09:18 PM
even i do stand a chance! i don't have any vintage figures! thats a requierment, to have most of the old and new figures carded.
h

Lord Tenebrous
08-21-2002, 09:37 PM
The only requirement is Kenner/Hasbro/Galoob, along with five contest-sized photos.

A creative loose collection is going to kick the pants off somebody who nailed cards to his wall. Because with the action features, and the blast effects, and all this new hoopla, Hasbro is pushing for play.

Of course, I'm not entering, because in reality, Hasbro doesn't know what it wants, being that everything from '95 to now has been some bizarre 'flavor of the month' direction.