PDA

View Full Version : plastic cement

alex3540
08-19-2002, 10:31 PM
:confused: :confused: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
alright heres the deal im working on a custom vehicle from various G.I. Joe parts. This is my first custom and I had to glue two halves of a gun together. (To form one huge mega death blaster!! Hahahahah!!!)

So anyway I got some testors plastic cement not in a jar or tube but in a squeeze theing with a long nozzle. So I put some on both halves and stuck them together. It says to hkeep pressure on them for 10-15 seconds and to let dry for 2 hours but they still fall apart very easily after 5 mins. Is this normal for plastic cement and will the bond be strong after two hours or do I need a diffrent adhesive????

Thanks for the help.

:confused:

ACPin
08-20-2002, 10:11 AM
Looks like you may need a stronger adhesive. Old toys are made up of different plastic compunds than the newer ones. That's why it's a hit and miss thing when customizing from them. :(

Obi-Don
08-24-2002, 06:07 AM
I don't know if this will help. I use super glue. Locktite is what I use. You should be able to find it in most stores. It works well on the lightsabers that I make and will stick to most anything.