PDA

View Full Version : Where to purchase the kotobukiya statues?

Darth forb1us
08-20-2002, 04:31 PM
Ive been looking (not increadably hard, due to time constrants) but looking none the less :p for a place to buy them!
So, when I have the money I can get both Vader, and the clone trooper :crazed: where where! :(

Adam
08-20-2002, 07:49 PM
Hobby Link Japan will probably have them.

http://www.hlj.com

Thunderstorm1
08-20-2002, 08:24 PM
www.actionfigurexpress.com has the Clone Trooper and Anakin for about $95 each.

A little pricey for me!!

Good Luck

Darth forb1us
08-20-2002, 09:31 PM
cool thanks.
I had hlj open earlier but didnt get a chance to look (just opened the page and had to take off for a few :rolleyes: )

hmmmm Kits.. thought they were 1 piece factoried. oh well, still cool.
I plan on saving money over a period of time, then dropping it on one at a time. we'll see..
thanks guys

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
08-20-2002, 09:31 PM
Here's an article about them in Toyfare#61:

You've got to see these soft vinyl kits to believe them. They're utterly mind-blowng. Vader here stands about 14 inches tall (that's 1:7 scale), and he's joined by his alter ego, Anakin Skywalker and a Clonetrooper. Expect to lay out $100 apiece for these suckers- import only.

Adam
08-20-2002, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Thunderstorm1
www.actionfigurexpress.com has the Clone Trooper and Anakin for about $95 each.

A little pricey for me!!

Good Luck

HLJ is probably going to be your best bet right now. They're $82.61 if I remember correctly which is a wee bit better.

bigbarada
08-20-2002, 09:54 PM
Yep, my sister-in-law just happens to be the surrogate mother for a couple in Japan and the husband checked the toy stores over there for these things. They sell for about $80 off the shelf, so $95 for an import price isn't too bad.

TheFrankEinstein
08-21-2002, 03:35 PM
The Obi Wan looks FANTASTIC.

...That is all.

Darth forb1us
08-22-2002, 09:46 PM
hey bigbarada
Was there any problem "assembling" them? If they were purchased.
That kind of turned me off, say by chance I screw it up :p thats $95 gone hehehe
Although, it looked like anyone with simple hand-eye cooridination could handle cementing them together, I'd feel more assured, if someone had already done it and can vouche for the ease of construction :p

bigbarada
08-23-2002, 12:07 AM
I don't know anything about the assembly, since my brother hasn't gotten them yet (his Japanese friend isn't a collector and was simply doing my brother a favor, since my brother's wife is carrying their child:) ). I will let you know as soon as they arrive, which will probably be next month sometime (the baby is due in Sept.).

I can sympathize with spending gobs of cash for an import toy only to goof it up trying to put it together. I once paid $135 for a Marmit Stormtrooper and ripped the black undersuit trying to put the armor over it.:frus::cry:

TheFrankEinstein
08-23-2002, 01:20 AM
I once paid $135 for a Marmit Stormtrooper and ripped the black undersuit trying to put the armor over it.

YOWCH. Now you see why we can't have nice things. :p

Darth forb1us
08-23-2002, 09:13 PM
oh damn!! :eek: sorry to hear that :(
from one of the pics, it looked very simple though, cement in a couple places, and voila (but then, the pose must be set correctly, one time, once chance.. don't fubar it!)
but they look oooooohhhh sooooo sweet :p