PDA

View Full Version : A New Castlevania Game!

JON9000
08-20-2002, 06:38 PM
Castlevania was always one of my favorites for the old school NES! I really wish Konami (if still in business) would come through with a sweet update for the PS2, something like survival horror. I guess Devil May Cry sorta fills the blank, but I'm nostalgic for the old CV music and monsters!

scruffziller
08-21-2002, 12:16 PM
Try looking for emulator programs on the net in which you can download and play old system games on your computer. "Nesticles" is the one I have for NES. I am not sure what the SNES one is called but I have it. I do believe there is going to be a Castlevania for Gamecube, I hope I just wasn't dreaming.

TheFrankEinstein
08-21-2002, 08:59 PM
Gotta love Castlevania! There's a new one just released in Japan that's a sequel to Symphony of the Night ("Harmony of Dissonance", maybe?), that's unfortunately on the Gameboy Advance. Unfortunate because I don't have a Gameboy Advance and don't plan to get one, and even the people who do have one have to deal with MIDI-ized music and a dim, tiny picture. Depending on reviews once it comes stateside, though, I may have to change my anti-Nintendo stance after all.

edit - re-reading your posts, you guys sound like maybe you haven't given Symphony of the Night a go on the PSone. FANTASTIC game. Arguably the best yet. There was also a limited release of the original (and I do mean original, as in the MSX, Japanese-exclusive version) Castlevania on the PSone, too (too bad I was never able to get a copy). Then there were those two N64 CVs, but you'd do best to avoid those. Finally, there was a Gameboy Advance CV already released called "Circle of the Moon" or some such, and it was pretty good (though if I remember correctly, Belmont-less), with some magic/RPG strategy worked in, though with a painfully dim picture.

Also check out the best Castlevania site ever (http://www.classicgaming.com/castlevania/).

QLD
08-21-2002, 10:56 PM
They do not need to make another 3-D Castlevania. If anyone wants to try that, play the N64 version, and then tell me how you feel about it.

Symphony of the Night was great for PS1. And they need to keep the same forumla and make another great, 2-D, sidescrolling, Castlevania.

Nexu
08-21-2002, 10:59 PM
Yes, side-scrollers need to be kept as side-scrollers.

TheFrankEinstein
08-22-2002, 09:02 PM
Good news! I just got the new EGM magazine and Harmony of Dissonance is their Game of the Month (beating out heavy contenders like SOCOM, Animal Forest, all football titles besides Madden, Kingdom Hearts and more). 10, 9.5 and I don't remember the third score (but I don't think it was below 9). Things are looking up for Castlevania fans!

Herby
08-25-2002, 02:27 PM
They interviewed the guy behind Castlevania in a magazine I read awhile ago and he said that they were considering making a new Castlevania game for the nextgen systems but were still unsure whether to go 2d or 3d. When asked why they would even consider 3d after the horrible N64 version, his answer was that if they went 3d we should expect a Devil May Cry type of game, not another terrible Castlevania 64 game! Devil May Cry is definatlely a good game to model it after if they must go 3d, that's for sure.