PDA

View Full Version : This is getting ridiculous.... Anyone seen the new Unleashed yet?!!!

DravenUnleashed
08-20-2002, 09:29 PM
Still nothing in Northern Cali but I keep seeing on Ebay how the East Coast is just brimming with sellers :frus: :frus:

Anyone spot them in stores anywhere yet?? If anything itll ease my frustraion with them possibly being recalled

Beast
08-20-2002, 09:42 PM
They have not been recalled. You have nothing to worry about, all you have to do is keep hunting and have patience. They only started showing up here the first of the month, and things always seem to show up on the East Coast first.

You will find them sooner or later, just don't resort to Ebay, unless you can get a good deal. Especially when alot of the sellers are claiming the Padme was recalled or cancelled, or other BS like that. It's just an attempt to get more money out of people. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hango fett
08-20-2002, 10:00 PM
amen, JJB. that's what drives everything and anything these days. the o' mighty $$$. stupid ebay........................
h

Lord Tenebrous
08-20-2002, 10:11 PM
I saw 2x of Anakin, Padme, and Vader this past Saturday at my southern TRU. And this is a TRU that didn't even get the AT-ST, Landspeeder, or X-Wing.

So there is hope.

Edit: Perhaps a word of advice, I found them not where Jango and Maul were displayed (in the main Saga setup). I found them hanging next to the POTJ figures, one Vader sitting on the 25th 2-packs. So look everywhere.

Sinister Lord
08-20-2002, 10:20 PM
I've seen new "unleashed" figures at KB stores here in Buffalo, NY... Vader, Anakin, and Padme.

Darth forb1us
08-20-2002, 10:32 PM
buffalo? cool, maybe I will find them come the weekend =)

new at-st is out now?!
and the landspeeder is? dayum!

Darth Detori
08-20-2002, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
things always seem to show up on the East Coast first.
Jar Jar Binks

unless this is a typo, my response to you is: WHAT?!?!? are you HIGH?!? do you have ANY idea how much pain I go through every single day perusing the just found forums, seeing in LA "I just found TA Anakin!" and "Hey look! I just got watto!" and then having to wait MONTHS for them to hit over here?!? Every time I go to the store I keep thinking "ok, well they've been out forever on the west coast, it's about time for them to show" and then I find not a single trace of anything even REMOTELY new.
I want vader unleashed soooooooooooooo bad- kb's here get their shipments on wednesdays, and if I don't find him tomorrow I'll simply go crazy.
rant over

Darth Sidious
08-20-2002, 10:58 PM
Nope, nothing new here...Hopefully the Dooku comes here though, thats the only one I really want.

Prince Xizor
08-20-2002, 11:26 PM
East Coast first my @ss. I haven't seen anything past Chewie yet. No Ki-Adi, No Anakin, No Vader Unleashed. Squat.

Hellzer
08-21-2002, 12:41 AM
Yes, as you can see, us New Englanders have all become bitter old men thanks to a severe lack of new product. Why must you taunt us so, Jar Jar??

The thing is the newer stuff does show up around these parts rather frequently, but it always seems to be in such horribly short supply that they're gone in no time. For example, I stumbled across a case of the Ki-Adi Mundi wave about a month ago and haven't seen his or any subsequent waves since then. I assume it'll probably be clogging the pegs in a month or so just like the previously "hard to find" Chewie wave is now, but we're getting a little tired of always having to wait up here. Poor Detori's probably gonna go off the deep end if he doesn't get his Unleashed Vader soon.

Darth Detori
08-21-2002, 10:02 AM
::starts making his own vader unleashed out of black playdoh::

macewindu87
08-21-2002, 10:05 AM
i've seen plenty of thedarth maul unleashed but i haven't seen any anakin or padame unleashed though.!
mace

KIDD
08-21-2002, 10:20 AM
seen all 3 here in chi-town (chicago) can pick them up if anyone wants

robman71
08-21-2002, 10:33 AM
I found all three at TRU on North Florida last Friday. So I know that they are out there. All that ebay junk about them recalling the wave because of Padme was just that.

OriginalBryGuy
08-21-2002, 01:08 PM
Yea, see Star Wars figs come from Asia, over the Pacific, and hit the West coast before rolling in trucks and planes east towards New England....I'd wager that people would see more on the west coast then the east anyday. Can anyone out there attest to this?

The midwest seems pretty hit or miss...more miss then hit that is...unless CII is in town. haha..

sunblind
08-21-2002, 01:11 PM
They're falling off the shelves here, in Michigan. :)

El Chuxter
08-21-2002, 01:15 PM
Don't worry; they're on the way! I found one each of Anakin, Vader, and Padme at a TRU in Pomona, CA (about 15-30 minutes from Anaheim). They're worth the wait and the $15 each!

The True Maul
08-21-2002, 01:36 PM
I just got Padme and Vader Here in NY on Long Islandthay also had Anakin but I passed. :)

macewindu87
08-21-2002, 09:44 PM
i've seen plenty of mauls in ohio
mace

Prince Xizor
08-21-2002, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by macewindu87
i've seen plenty of mauls in ohio
mace

Maul sucks. I want Vader.

Darth forb1us
08-22-2002, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by sunblind
They're falling off the shelves here, in Michigan. :)

sweet!!! was gonna call my bro in lansing tonight about how packed they were (saw padme and anakin at KB @ $17 each, passed to save the $2 a pop :p )
was gonna call him because I move up there in about 3 and 1/2 weeks :happy:

Darth Detori
08-22-2002, 08:40 PM
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
but if I find them on monday or tuesday it'll officially be the best day ever, since I'll have those, Mario Sunshine, Super Monkey Ball 2, and Reservoir Dogs SE DVD

Darth forb1us
08-22-2002, 10:48 PM
padme doesnt look THAT bad in the statue. the insert pic makes her look terrible.
I passed on them both, so I dont know about them opened. I'll probably end up getting both eventually though, to have the set opened. :)

Mace Windex
08-22-2002, 11:34 PM
I'm in tampa, Fl. The pegs here are full of Darth Maul's and Jango Fetts but I haven't seen any of the other figs. My Walmart has shortened their SW isle now and there has not been any sign of any of the new figures past the Chewie wave. :(

Mace

Jayspawn
08-23-2002, 01:07 AM
My local TRU and KBs all have the new unleashed figures. Vader is my favorite. Patience, soon you will find them.

Darth Detori
08-23-2002, 11:11 AM
AHHHH!!! but now I have to wait a frickin' week, since all the KBs get shipments on wednesdays and TRU on Thursdays!!!
ok. ok. you know what I'm gonna do? I'm going to hang outside of every KB and TRU in the area at opening until I find these things.
grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

DravenUnleashed
08-24-2002, 01:38 AM
FINALLY!!! GOD FRIKKIN FINALLY I FOUND A COUPLE!!!

Anakin and Darth Vader were high above on the top shelf of my local TRU... There were about 2 Anakins and 1 Vader (I had to ask a taller dude to reach up and back there to get it for me)...

The cashier tried to take Vader from me and thats when I asked to see the manager and he rang it up finally... He said that Padme hadnt showed up yet.... Hmmm maybe she was recalled???

At long last I can finally rest.... Yes... Forever sleep...... you know the deal

stad
08-24-2002, 04:04 AM
No, Padme is NOT recalled. I've seen all but the Vader everywhere from Detroit to Tennessee.

Darth forb1us
08-24-2002, 10:07 AM
correct, padme is NOT recalled, I saw her yesterday at KB, along with anakin. 1 her, 2 of him. I passed because it was kb.. $18 each, I'll get them at walmart for $15. :)
Those are the latest I've seen, but! just be patient they are on their way :D

Herby
08-24-2002, 12:11 PM
If you are having a hard time finding them, another place to look is the Software Etc/Gamestop/Babbages chain, that's where I saw them a week or so ago.

Darth Detori
08-24-2002, 02:01 PM
there's only ONE place around here in that chain that has the OLD ones- planet x.
you must understand NH: we don't get anything. period.

sith_killer_99
08-24-2002, 04:48 PM
I just saw these at Software ETC!

So far, I have seen Jango, Maul, Ani, Padme' and Vader!

I will buy the Vader and save my money for better things. The Padme' was HIDIOUS. The head sculpt is just BAD.:mad:

The Vader looks sweet, but then it's hard to mess up such a cool character.:D I did NOT buy him from Software ETC...my boycott continues.:dead:

Darth Detori
08-24-2002, 05:11 PM
what's wrong with Software Etc.? My beef's with EB- everyone who works there has an attitude

Prince Xizor
08-24-2002, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Darth Detori
what's wrong with Software Etc.? My beef's with EB- everyone who works there has an attitude

Yeah, the EB near me has a real dickhead and a real moron working there. And most of the time, they work together.

DravenUnleashed
08-24-2002, 06:17 PM
HEY! I worked for Ebx before! I wasnt an *******.... Well I wasnt an ******* when I didnt want to be lets say hahaha

sith_killer_99
08-24-2002, 10:45 PM
I guess, I haven't mentioned it in a while. But I have had a boycott on Software Etc. ever since the release of POTJ!

I used to live in Hawaii, when POTJ first hit figures were about a dollar more EACH in Hawaii than in the mainland. Anyway, My local Software Etc. was the first ones to get the new POTJ figures in stock.

I was overjoyed when I say them hanging on the pegs, Software Etc. was about a dollar more per figure than TRU across the street. But sometimes I would buy from Software Etc. if they got the figures first and I felt a little froggy.

Imagine how HORRIFIED I was to see that Software Etc. had the NERVE to charge $12.99 per figure!

My local Comic Store ordered direct from Hasbro and they didn't even charge that much for the Sio Bibble wave!!!

I was SO insulted by their greed that I decided to boycott Software Etc. for good!

BTW, I later found the same figures at Wal-Mart for LITERALLY half that price!:D

And....six months later Software Etc was STILL trying to clearance most of their leftover stock for like $3.99!:D :D :D :p

BTW, I am not trying to convince anyone else boycott Software Etc. This is my personal choice.

Darth Detori
08-24-2002, 11:29 PM
wow- that's terrible! $12.99??? the only place around here that charges that is Newbury Comics, and I only buy from there when they have something really new that I've been hunting for ages

Darth forb1us
08-25-2002, 12:50 PM
$12.99?! HAHA!!! That's insane... wow..
:o :mad:

Electronic Boutique does that garbage to... $8.99 for the current line of figs.... when walmart has the same ones collecting dust at $4.77..

RooJay
08-26-2002, 05:59 PM
Which part of northern Cali are you in Draven? I'm a No. Cal. resident as well and I first saw all three figures last week at TRU in Concord. I've seen them at at least two other stores since.

DravenUnleashed
08-27-2002, 05:42 PM
Im out here in Berkeley and just saw 2 Anakins and 1 Vader in Emeryville.... So far no Padme yet but I only just found them in 1 weeks time.... I guess theyre just now starting to show up here finally