PDA

View Full Version : The EMPIRE Strikes Back (just noticed)

Darth Vellner
08-20-2002, 11:00 PM
-( THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK)-
I just Noticed at the end of the movie after luke gets his new hand and him and leia go to the window..LEIA IS WEARING THE WHITE DRESS FROM "A NEW HOPE"!!.I never noticed it before:eek:

Beast
08-20-2002, 11:02 PM
Yep, so it adds another figure to the list of ones that we need. Princess Leia: Medical Frigate Gown. Since she has her ANH gown on, with her ESB Bespin hairstyle. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Pendo
08-21-2002, 09:45 AM
Leia isn't like Padmé, Padmé can't stand to be seen in the same outfit twice. She probably wears something then throws it away! Leia actually wears her clothes more than once, they must have invented washing machines :).

PENDO!

El Chuxter
08-21-2002, 11:29 AM
I imagine that as a Princess/Senator, Leia would've had an extensive wardrobe. In ANH, she wears the same outfit because she's captured in it, and changes for the ceremony at the end (maybe that dress is a loaner from Mon Mothma?). Alderaan is destroyed in ANH, disintegrating most of her clothes, and if she had an apartment on Coruscant, it (and any clothes in it) were seized.

Through most of ESB, she wears her Hoth uniform (with or without parka). On Bespin, she gets the red gown, which is likely a gift from Lando, and possibly left on Bespin during the escape; they literally get out with the clothes on their backs (again, the Hoth uniform). So back at base, she dumps the Hoth suit--which is quite stinky by now--into the washer (or the trash) and changes into her white gown.

In ROTJ we see her first in a stolen bounty hunter uniform, and then she's forced into a slave costume, part of which was worn by an earlier slave of Jabba's, Diva Shaliqua. (The other part most likely has an equally sordid past.) Then she changes into an Alliance military uniform, which she sometimes wears with a poncho and helmet.

So, uh, what was my point again? :confused::) Like Pendo said, she ain't like Padme.

Beast
08-21-2002, 11:34 AM
Hey El Chuxter, don't forget her lovely Ewok Gown. Though how they made it for her so fast is a mystery. Maybe they regularly sell those dresses to Imperial's that have girlfriends or wives. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
08-21-2002, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Hey El Chuxter, don't forget her lovely Ewok Gown. Though how they made it for her so fast is a mystery. Maybe they regularly sell those dresses to Imperial's that have girlfriends or wives. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Maybe she had it in her survival pack, you just never know when that dress may come in handy wether it's for seducing an Imperial Officer or looking chic with little bears. ;)

Originally posted by El Chuxter
So, uh, what was my point again? Like Pendo said, she ain't like Padme.

And they didn't need to make Padme like that either. ;)

2-1B
08-21-2002, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

No, by the time we get to ROTJ, Cindel has grown up and passed on, so that's actually her dress Leia was wearing.
I bet Teek had a hand in it, that scamp !

Wait, actually Teek is a bit wilder in his imagination, so I guess he would cut a dress in a more risque fashion.
Noah probably designed that dress, damn him and his Puritan ethics !
Now Jabba, THAT guy knows how to dress a lady! :D

Beast
08-21-2002, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
Now Jabba, THAT guy knows how to dress a lady! :D
Ok ladies. Would you all please line up to the left of Caesar. We want an orderly line here, for all you ladies that want a turn at slapping him. No cutting, and no getting back in line. One slap per lady please. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

scruffziller
08-21-2002, 04:22 PM
Are you sure it is the same one? What style of hair is she wearing. I'll have to watch again, thanx for the easter egg!!!

Fixer
08-23-2002, 10:18 AM
I always figured Leia's ANH dress was symbolic - it's the outfit she met Han in, and she's very much thinking of him in the frigate scene.

What I've always found odd is that they made quite a point (with the exception of the Bespin gown) of Leia always wearing white in the first two films. Then, in ROTJ, it's multicolor mania! Perhaps that's to symbolize her maturity. And that they changed costume designers.

Darkross
08-23-2002, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Fixer
I always figured Leia's ANH dress was symbolic - it's the outfit she met Han in, and she's very much thinking of him in the frigate scene.

What I've always found odd is that they made quite a point (with the exception of the Bespin gown) of Leia always wearing white in the first two films. Then, in ROTJ, it's multicolor mania! Perhaps that's to symbolize her maturity. And that they changed costume designers.

Well i suspect the reason for that is because you can't expect Leia (Dressed in White) to march into Jabba's palace with Chewbacca on a leash expecting her to pull off 35,000 for a reward now do you? Let's not forget about the Endor bush...white stands out too much...as the Scout Troopers and Stormtroopers found out. Camouflage...it just makes sense...not to mention that she was promoted to General in ROTJ so her wearing a white gown wouldn't have given her the respect she deserved.