Teela
Orko
Bolo Blade He-Man

Wave 4 :
Martial Arts He-Man
Prince Adam
Sy-Klone
Power Gauntlet Man-at-Arms

All the new figures look really good. I am not into the reissues of He-Man or Man-at-Arms, I wont be picking those up. I was really surprised to see the pictures, and even more surprised to see Sy-Klone. Very cool stuff. I can't wait for them.

kadamontaga
08-21-2002, 09:15 AM
Why are He-Man figures being released? Is there a website dedicated to them? I seem to have stumbled across this news and don't really understand what's going on.

Beast
08-21-2002, 10:10 AM
Not sure where you got that list Evenflow. But it doesn't match up with what He-Man.org's from Mattel. Feel free to prove me wrong, because I want to see the pictures as well. ;) :D

Wave 2:
Jungle Attack He-Man
Mekanek
Mekanek - (variant)
Ram Man

Wave 3:
Orko
Smash Blade He-Man
Teela

Spin Blade Skeletor
Trap Jaw
Tri-Klops

Wave 4:
Unannounced - (Should contain atleast Whiplash)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Nihilus
08-21-2002, 12:33 PM
...and one female figure.

evenflow
08-21-2002, 02:54 PM
Wave 4 I have listed is only the Hero assortment. I Don't know who will be in the villian assortment. The collectible store i go to orders directly from Mattel. MAttel just sent them the pre-toyfair pictures of some items. They showed me knowing i am a fan, and those that I liseted were pictured as well as some other items, such as the Samuri assortment, samuria Battle Cat & some Dinosaur which seems to replace Panthor. There were also pictures of asseccories and vehicles. I wish that I could somehow show you the pictures but i have no way of putting them online. Trust me when i tell you i have seen the pictures and those are the ways that the papers list. Prince Adam and Sy-Klone look pretty cool.

Beast
08-21-2002, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by evenflow
Wave 4 I have listed is only the Hero assortment. I Don't know who will be in the villian assortment. The collectible store i go to orders directly from Mattel. MAttel just sent them the pre-toyfair pictures of some items. They showed me knowing i am a fan, and those that I liseted were pictured as well as some other items, such as the Samuri assortment, samuria Battle Cat & some Dinosaur which seems to replace Panthor. There were also pictures of asseccories and vehicles. I wish that I could somehow show you the pictures but i have no way of putting them online. Trust me when i tell you i have seen the pictures and those are the ways that the papers list. Prince Adam and Sy-Klone look pretty cool.
Thanks for the update Evenflow. Sounds plausible then, sorry for doubting you. The dinosaur Mattel showed at SDCC and they also showed the accessory sets. That's cool that they showed you early, hopefully someone will be able to post pictures soon. :)

I can understand doing Prince Adam so soon, by why Sy-Klone. He wasn't the most popular figure back in the day. Especially when they should be consintrating on charecters that appeared in the premiere cartoon. Man-E-Faces and Buzz-Off (who is confirmed for the new series) should have been made before they got to Sy-Klone. :rolleyes:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

evenflow
08-21-2002, 04:05 PM
I agree. I would have like dto have seen the Sorceress or Evil Lynn.

kadamontaga
08-21-2002, 06:17 PM
I'm not as clued up on this line of figures as I am on the Simpsons and Star Wars, as you can tell from my perplexed message above, but it seems that www.action-figure.com have some images of some upcoming he-man figures, including a dinosaur.

Darth Nihilus
08-22-2002, 04:36 AM
What was shown at SDCC - Samurai He-Man, Samurai Skeletor, Samurai Man-at-Arms, Samurai Battle Cat, War Whale, Attack Squid, The adventure packs, Teela, Tri-Klops, Trap Jaw and Orko.

I haven't heard of anything past these. Though in November three new figures are supposed to be revealed.

Beast
08-22-2002, 04:44 AM
Sounds like those 3 that will be revealed in November will be Prince Adam, Sy-Klone, and then a still unrevealed figure. That makes sense kinda. Because it appears that Mattel is choosing an odd release pattern with these.

Wave 1 - (3 Heroes and 3 Villians), Wave 2 - (3 Heroes), Wave 3 - (3 Heroes and 3 Villians), Wave 4 - (3 Heroes)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Nihilus
08-22-2002, 10:26 AM
I'm really doubtful about Sy-Klone. Mattel also said that there would be one additional female figure post wave 3. My guess would be for Adam, Evil Lyn and Buzz Off(.:rolleyes: ).

evenflow
08-22-2002, 03:38 PM
I wouldn't have expected Sy-Klone either, but i saw the picture. This is a list of everything that was pictured :

1. He-Man Heroic Warriors Assortment - Wave 4 :
Martial Arts He-Man
Prince Adam
Sy-Klone
Power Gauntlet

Descriptions :
Prince Adam - He comes with Royal scepter and sword
Martial Arts He-Man - weapon twirling right hand, nunchucks, 5 weapons
Sy-Klone - upper torso spinning action, shield, and some wierd red thing around his shoulders
Man-at-arms - missle launcher

2. Villain assortment (no number?)
Bat Blade Skeletor
Trapjaw - launching arm device, with 3 weapons
Tri-Klops - w/ Doomseeker & sword

3. He-Man Wave 3
Teela - w/ waist twist action, cobra staff, sword, shield
Orko - Magial stand, orb launcher
Bolo Blade He-Man

4. He-Man Land Battle Vehicle Assortment
Battle Tank w/ He-Man
Battle Ram Chariot w/ Skeletor

5. He-Man Marine Battle Vehicle (lame looking)
War Whale - He-Man's vehicle
Attack Squid - Skeletor's vehicle

6. He-Man BEast Riders assortment
Battle Raptor - skeletor's new beast
Battle Cat - Samuri gear

7. He-Man Adventure Packs
He-Man's Eagle flight pack - orange bird
Skeletor's Bat flight pack -

8. He-Man mimi - includes :
- Jungle He-Man
- Cobra Armor Skeletor
- Teele
- Orko
- Trapjaw
- Tri-Klops

9. He-Man mini gift set - includes :
- Cobra Armor Skeletor
- Orko
- Jungle He-Man
- Exclusive Ram Man

That is everything that is pictured that i saw.

Beast
08-22-2002, 10:29 PM
Looks like Evenflow was right, sorry for any doubts. He-Man.org updated and did confirm that those rumored figures are in Wave 4. They also have the prototype picture of the Prince Adam figure. :cool: :D

August 22

According to Mattel, wave four of the Masters of the Universe toy line will ship in February of 2003. It will include seven new figures.

Four of the figures slated for this wave are:

Martial Arts He-Man: with weapon twirling right hand, nunchucks, and five weapons

Prince Adam: with royal scepter and finger flick missile, and waist twist action

Sy-Klone: with cool upper torso spinning action and shield

Power Gauntlet Man-at-Arms: with power gauntlet finger flick missile launcher

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

BoShek
08-22-2002, 11:12 PM
Great news! For a while most of us He-Man collectors were thinking that the figures would be really spaced out but it looks that Mattel is going to release them at a faster pace then originally expected.

Jayspawn
08-23-2002, 01:25 AM
I personally can't wait for Teela, Orco, and Ram Man to come out. Unfortunatly, I'm still looking for Mer Man. I just can't seem to track THAT guy down.

Beast
08-23-2002, 01:29 AM
Jayspawn, Ram Man is out. People are finding him and Jungle Attack He-Man at primarily Wal-Mart's. The case breakdown sucks though, I posted it in the other He-Man figures thread.

3 Jungle Attack He-Man
2 He-Man (Orginal)
1 Ram Man

No Mekanek or Mekanek variant at all in the cases yet, and only the 1 Ram Man. Like I also said in the other thread, if you thought Hasbro had a case assortment problem, then you haven't seen Mattel's. :eek: :mad: :(

Oh, and Mer-Man is also out there. But he's a tough find because Mattel packed him only 1 to a case. I swear they are trying to kill the line with their stupid packing choices. Atleast they said they would start shipping more of him soon.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
08-23-2002, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by Darth Nihilus
What was shown at SDCC - Samurai He-Man, Samurai Skeletor, Samurai Man-at-Arms, Samurai Battle Cat, War Whale, Attack Squid, The adventure packs, Teela, Tri-Klops, Trap Jaw and Orko. You forgot Raptor.

Beast
08-23-2002, 01:42 PM
Here's some pictures of the new figures for all you He-Fans. First set of pictures is Bolo Blade He-Man, Orko, and Teela. The He-Man is kind of a rip-off, but the other two are nice. These pictures are from Action Figure Express.:D

http://store3.yimg.com/I/actionfigurexpress_1704_929123

Second set here is a more finalized Prince Adam, Power Gauntlet Man-At-Arms, Martail Arts He-Man, and Sy-Klone. I really like the update to Sy-Klone, though I wish they would have done someone else first, like Man-E-Faces. :)

http://store3.yimg.com/I/actionfigurexpress_1704_443476

This last set is the Villian Assotment 3, which includes Trap Jaw, Tri-Klops w/ Doomseeker, and Bat Blade Skeletor. The Skeletor looks pretty cool, I have to say. But I would rather have seen a Keldor figure as a new version of Skeletor. :)

http://store3.yimg.com/I/actionfigurexpress_1704_1473408

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

The True Maul
08-23-2002, 03:21 PM
I agree JarJar they should have made Keldor instead! :)

JetsAndHeels
08-23-2002, 09:18 PM
I have said it before and I will say it again, that Teela is one sharp looking figure!! To me that is one of the best of the line so far, and the entire line rocks!!
I like the Sy-Klone fig as well.
Looks like many, many more dollars will be spent on these toys in my future.

BoShek
08-23-2002, 11:21 PM
Mer Man will be three per box very soon.

pthfnder89
08-24-2002, 04:49 PM
I haven't been collecting the new He Man so far, cause I just don't have the money. I was waiting to see how the Prince Adam will come out, and now that I've seen him YAY! :D I''m gonna have to start saving my pennies:)

JetsAndHeels
08-24-2002, 05:12 PM
Well I am happy to report that I finally found Mer Man today. I just decided to stop by Target and check for the heck of it. He was hiding at the very back of the peg, as if someone put him there on purpose. Glad that my efforts finally paid off.

pthfnder89
08-24-2002, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by JangoFett96
Well I am happy to report that I finally found Mer Man today. I just decided to stop by Target and check for the heck of it. He was hiding at the very back of the peg, as if someone put him there on purpose. Glad that my efforts finally paid off.

Forgot to say that I found him today also. Like I said I'm not collecting this line yet so I picked it up for anyone here on the forums who still needs one. If anyone is still looking for him let me know.:)

Jayspawn
08-26-2002, 01:05 AM
I saw the new He-Man (I don't remember the name but its the 'jungle' one with stripes) at my local Super Wal-Mart. I didn't see RamMan or Mekanek though. Just a bunch of the new He-Man.

evenflow
08-26-2002, 04:12 PM
Keldor would be really cool, I would like to see She-ra as well.

Darth Nihilus
08-28-2002, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by Jayspawn
I saw the new He-Man (I don't remember the name but its the 'jungle' one with stripes) at my local Super Wal-Mart. I didn't see RamMan or Mekanek though. Just a bunch of the new He-Man.

Jungle Attack He-Man.

I should also apologise to Evenflow, I would've thought after the premiere that Man-E-Faces or Clawful would've been more obvious additions. BTW I really like that Prince Adam, but Mattel is really starting to tick me off with the flood of He-Man/Skeletor themes they've already produced. Hasbro/Batman syndrome anyone?

evenflow
08-28-2002, 02:56 PM
Its cool, I wouldn't have believed it either if i didnt see it for my self.

Jayspawn
08-30-2002, 11:36 AM
I finally got Mer-Man today!!! He's one of my favorites, so I'm stoked. Still no sign of Ram-Man yet.

The True Maul
08-30-2002, 07:18 PM
I picked up Skeletor a while ago, and I Should be picking up Stratos, Merman and He-Man no to sure if I'll get Man-At-Arms or Beast man!!:)

Jayspawn
09-04-2002, 11:35 PM
Score! I picked up the ONLY Ram-Man at Toys'R'Us this morning. He's very cool. He has that pop-up raming action that the vintage one had and he comes with a cool little axe. He has a little helmeted head that you can move a little along with shoulder and wrist articulation.

evenflow
09-11-2002, 06:31 PM
Damn. I still can't find one. Congrats.

Eternal Padawan
09-24-2002, 10:40 AM
What's the deal with the Mekanek and the Variant?

The rash of He-Man and Skeletor variants is starting to get under my skin, too. They should concentrate on the classic characters. But that's just me, I guess. They are aiming for a new generation of collector's too.

With all these "Samurai" figures, will we see Jujitsu and his mighty gold karate fist of steel? :D

And I am looking forward to Webstor. He was the coolest guy in the old collection with his little rope firing backpack action. :)

ROLLO!

Beast
09-24-2002, 04:42 PM
EP, from what I read it's still not really known. But the big rumor right now is there are two variations of his goggles. Silver like the original classic figure, and the variant clear so you can see into his head. Not sure if they are making it so you can see thru his eyes or what. I'm still waiting for someone to actually get one, so we will know for sure. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Eternal Padawan
09-25-2002, 09:10 AM
"Mekanek Vision" ?

Sounds cool! Thanks JJB.

ROLLO!

evenflow
09-25-2002, 08:49 PM
I heard that the variant for Mekanek would be human version neck, and metal neck. Not sure where i heard this though.

Eternal Padawan
09-26-2002, 10:24 AM
A human neck sounds kind of creepy.

Plus, his name is MECH-a-neck, not flesh-a-neck. I'm not saying that's not the variant, i'm just saying if it is, some cracker exec at Mattel needs to get HIS neck stretched.

That's all I'm saying...

ROLLO!

OzOtter
10-01-2002, 06:18 PM
I'm hoping for a Moss-man... eventually.

Any news on the Battle Ram and Wind Raider? I only really want new versions of the figures first released in '82(?). All I'm waiting on is Teela and those two vehicles. (Oh, and I still want a Moss-man.)

Beast
10-01-2002, 06:24 PM
He-Man.org got the scoop on the "controversial variants". They are lame repaints that will be salted in the cases. Here they hype up the fact that the Mekaneck was going to be as controversial as the cross he-man being changed to the asterik/H symbol. All I can say is Lame, Lame, Lame. :rolleyes: :p

4. Can you shed any more light on this "controversial" Mecha-Neck variant?

Yes. We have released three true variant, extremely limited redecos for Masters figures in 2002 - He-Man, Skeletor, and Mekaneck. Regarding the controversial nature of variant figures, do not confuse an exclusive item with a variant item. An exclusive item is specifically geared toward a retail account. So, for instance, Target will be the only account to have the 2-Pack with video on shelf. A variant item is either a purposeful or unintentional (which happens) deco change on a figure, which is available at all retailers at extremely limited numbers. While we have exclusive figures at each account, we want to make sure we always keep it interesting for the adult collector with the occasional, rare variant deco.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi Master Silas
10-01-2002, 07:41 PM
When is the next wave supposed to be released???? I havent found any new figs yet at all....who has been released besides the first wave?? I heard Ram Man but who else??

Wolfwood319
10-01-2002, 10:48 PM
Those Jungle Attack He-Mans are spawning in rapid numbers in my area. He's becoming as plentiful as his regular alter-ego. I've only ever seen one Mer-Man and one Ram-man on the shelves yet (and now they fight for the forces of good or evil on my shelf;) .

Of the figures that they have shown prototypes for, the only one that doesn't have a set release date yet is Whiplash. Hopefully, Mattel will get off of this current case assortment funk they're in, and release something besides He-Mans and Skellys.

I ran into a kid the other day at TRU who was disappointed because he already had a He-Man and Skeletor, but wanted a Beastman that he couldn't find. The store only had He's and Skellys unfortunately.

The new show is great though. I've only caught 2 1/2 episodes so far, but they rocked.

BoShek
10-01-2002, 10:56 PM
Check out the q & a over at heman.org (part three) about next years figures and more!

One thing that stood out to me is that there will only be two villian waves next year---the whole year! There will be two this year (and in only six months time period).

Jayspawn
10-02-2002, 12:55 AM
I'm seeing a lot of Jungle HeMans and RamMans out there. Still no sign of Mecha-Neck yet. Should be soon I should think.