PDA

View Full Version : Is the AT-ST still available?

Sinister Lord
08-21-2002, 07:29 AM
I've heard some people say they have the POTJ AT-ST clogging the shelves in their local TRU. How is this possible? I never saw this thing in my area. I guess my local TRU had it at some point, but I just had very bad timing and I missed it. So, please tell me... is this thing still available in your area? If so... where are you?

Rogue II
08-21-2002, 08:43 AM
I see it in some Maryland TRU still.

I was visiting my family in North Tonawanda in July. I thought I saw it at the TRU at Summit Park Mall in July, but I may be mistaken.

Darth Sidious
08-21-2002, 07:36 PM
I think they are at my TRU, they had a bunch, but then they moved everything around and they were gone...or so it seems. But I think they are still in that TRU somewhere...I have to look harder.

Dark Knight
08-21-2002, 08:14 PM
What funny not only is the AT-ST clogging TRU shelves, but I saw at a superwallyworld I saw two bomber and 2 speeder and about 15 bespin guards. I cann't wait for the price to drop.:D

Sinister Lord
08-21-2002, 08:31 PM
So they are clogging the shelves in South Carolina, huh? How strange.

By the way... I'm interested in getting one of these AT-ST's, so anyone who is interested in getting one for me off those "clogged" shelves, I have stuff available for trade in exchange, so please e-mail me... lorddegiyagoh@yahoo.com

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-21-2002, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II
I see it in some Maryland TRU still.

I was visiting my family in North Tonawanda in July. I thought I saw it at the TRU at Summit Park Mall in July, but I may be mistaken.

I think that is the most desolate TRU located next to the most deserted and isolated mall in America. I wouldn't be surprised if the AT-STs are still there. Heck I wouldn't be surprised if the original vintage figures are there (okay just a little :D )

I live 25 minutes away from the store in Lockport and I haven't been over there in at least a year. :sur:

Patient Zero
08-21-2002, 11:21 PM
Every once in a while I see one, but it is usually squeezed in a bottom shelf somewhere.

TylerD
08-22-2002, 01:15 AM
I, too, am in need of one of the AT-STs. They never showed up around here, because of the fact that hardly any stores ordered POTJ stuff since EPII was coming. If anyone finds one, send me an email oh_tyler@hotmail.com Thanks!

Rogue II
08-22-2002, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by Lowly Bantha Cleaner

I think that is the most desolate TRU located next to the most deserted and isolated mall in America. I wouldn't be surprised if the AT-STs are still there. Heck I wouldn't be surprised if the original vintage figures are there (okay just a little :D )

I live 25 minutes away from the store in Lockport and I haven't been over there in at least a year. :sur:

Hey, that's where I bought my Star Wars figures when I was a kid, but I don't think it was a TRU back in the late 70s-early 80s. That was my first time back to the area since '95. Boy, that was depressing on how run down everything looked.

Don't feel bad, I never saw a Tie Bomber or Snow Speeder in Walmart around here. Other people in my area said they saw them in the Just Found section.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-23-2002, 09:52 PM

Hey, that's where I bought my Star Wars figures when I was a kid, but I don't think it was a TRU back in the late 70s-early 80s. That was my first time back to the area since '95. Boy, that was depressing on how run down everything looked.

Don't feel bad, I never saw a Tie Bomber or Snow Speeder in Walmart around here. Other people in my area said they saw them in the Just Found section.

The Summit Park Mall was a jumpin' place back in 94-95. I know because my brother's old girlfriend worked at the Sears store. Then sometime in 96' or 97', half the stores just left the place. Now it looks like a ghost mall. The low point was earlier this year when the Kay-Bee Toys moved out. I bet you the occupancy rate is something like 40%. I bypass that TRU frequently although in hindsight, I should go there more often because no one else shops there and maybe I can find some killer items.

But their arcade kicks butt! They have a lot of video games from the 80's including Double Dragon and my favorite, Golden Axe. Other than that, shopping there is a waste of time.

I guess this is nothing new in WNY. People have been moving out in droves over the last couple of decades. The same thing happened to the Thruway Mall in Cheektowaga. I take it you are a native WNYer Rogue II?

AreTwo-DeeTwo
08-23-2002, 10:34 PM
I never saw these or the TIE Bomber at retail. I will cave in and buy them over the internet sites at some point.

Rogue II
08-23-2002, 10:35 PM
Yes, I was born in North Tonawanda and my entire family lives in the area except for my parents. We moved away in '82.

I was there in July. We wanted to visit Canada, but we forgot to bring our daughter's birth certificate. I was hoping to pick up a Canadian carded figure. Well, maybe next year.

The Bills and Sabres are still my favoite teams.

You mention people moving away in droves? Well, I went to a Sabres v. Avalanche hockey game in Denver back in 96. There were just as many Buffalo fans as Avs. fans. I was wearing my Jersey and hat. I met a guys from Lackawana, Lockport and a couple other cities.

I've been to a few different TRU in MD. It is amazing on how they all seem to have different stuff. One has a handfull of POTJ stuff, some EP1 stuff (podracers and Darth Mauls). Another has a ton of POTJ and preview ATOC stuff. A third store has a little bit of POTJ stuff. Of course, all of the stores are flooded with the first 20 or so Saga figures.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-23-2002, 11:32 PM
Yes, I was born in North Tonawanda and my entire family lives in the area except for my parents. We moved away in '82.

I was there in July. We wanted to visit Canada, but we forgot to bring our daughter's birth certificate. I was hoping to pick up a Canadian carded figure. Well, maybe next year.

The Bills and Sabres are still my favoite teams.

You mention people moving away in droves? Well, I went to a Sabres v. Avalanche hockey game in Denver back in 96. There were just as many Buffalo fans as Avs. fans. I was wearing my Jersey and hat. I met a guys from Lackawana, Lockport and a couple other cities.

Funny, my brother lives in Denver and has attended a couple of Avs games vs. the Sabres over the years. He's also from Lockport. I wonder if you met him that night. . .

Rogue II
08-23-2002, 11:38 PM
The game was a 0-0 tie.

Sinister Lord
08-24-2002, 06:42 AM
Hmmmm... I've never been to the TRU at Summit Park Mall. I may have to check that out.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-25-2002, 12:26 AM
The game was a 0-0 tie.

Nope, wasn't my brother after all. It turns out that he didn't move to Denver until later.

But I do remember that game. An epic battle between Hasek and Roy. One of a couple of scorless ties for the Sabres that year. Speaking of which, the team is now owned by the NHL :(

Scackmgack
09-01-2002, 03:18 PM
I remember when the POTJ AT-STs came out, I kind of laughed at it, as I already had a POTF2 scout walker, and between the Imperials and Luke and Leia had four speeder bikes, and didn't feel one Ewok was worth the $30.

Of course, this was before Ep. II came out and I had put down my Star Wars collection in favor of Mobile Suit Gundam.

When Ep. II came out, and I restarted the SW collection and was getting caught up, I went back to the TRU and they were all gone, and they must have had at least a hundred of them up on the shelves a week or two before that.

Distribution sure seems to be an odd affair...

Turbowars
09-07-2002, 01:19 PM
I never saw one at my TRU and I went every morning. I finally got one from a friend that picked one up from the same TRU. At least I only paid retail. Very cool and I'm happy I never picked up a POTF2 unit, because I love the window box.