PDA

View Full Version : New Snaggletooth

Huckleberry Josh
10-20-2001, 12:01 PM
I don't know what anybody else thinks about the new Snaggletooth figure , but I think that figure is really cool looking. What do you guys think?

GNT
10-20-2001, 10:09 PM
I think its nice to see snaggletooth after so long(One of myfaviourite characters) and with a very nice sculpt :)

squee666
10-20-2001, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Huckleberry Josh
I don't know what anybody else thinks about the new Snaggletooth figure , but I think that figure is really cool looking. What do you guys think? I am sooo glad Hasbro finally decided to make Zulton, as well as Takeel. Zulton has aways been one of my favorite Cantina Aliens. Now, maybe they'll make the second Duros. I would custom make one. But i have never seen a full body Photo of him. Has anyone else?

Wooooof
10-21-2001, 01:29 AM
He seems to be more of a nod to the vintage line than anything else, which is fine by me. With the new Luke X-Wing, Snags and R5 it seems we will finally have updated versions of the original 21.

Eternal Padawan
10-21-2001, 10:28 AM
Are you kidding? This creepy lookin' big headed freak got made before Madine? What the heck is Hasbro doing at these R&D meetings? Somebody please tell me? SirSteve said they were listening, but I still don't see Madine and Imperial Dignitaries and Wooof, and Cloud Car Pilots. I don't remember anyone clamoring for a midget snivvian. Get with the program Hasbro!!

oldfossil
10-21-2001, 11:24 AM
Aliens are always more popular and interesting than peripheral human characters like Madine: Hasbro is only reacting to the trend it sees in the Fan Choice selections. I agree that Madine should be made, and Rieekan as well, but Zutton is WAY cool, and as mentioned above is a nice nod to the vintage line.

Bring on Bannis Keeg!

JediCole
10-21-2001, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
Are you kidding? This creepy lookin' big headed freak got made before Madine? What the heck is Hasbro doing at these R&D meetings? Somebody please tell me? SirSteve said they were listening, but I still don't see Madine and Imperial Dignitaries and Wooof, and Cloud Car Pilots. I don't remember anyone clamoring for a midget snivvian. Get with the program Hasbro!!

EP,
Though I agree that Madine and others are, at best, long overdue, the presence of Zutton (albeit another Snivvian) suggests that we will get just about everyone in time. You need look no further than BoShek to see that is the case. If they are making BoShek, they will make anybody. I had started a thread on one of these forums, this one or Dear Hasbro, called "Hooray for Zutton!" in which I elaborated on this fact, so I will not repeat myself here.

In the end, the lack of Madine, Wooof, and others that we all want ensure that the line will perpetuate. There has been speculation that the POTJ line (or whatever it may be renamed by then) cannot possibly survive to the release of Episode III. But if you really give it some thought, there is not a great shortage of characters needing to be done (as you've pointed out here), plus a need for QUALITY resculpts (which is to say figures that cry out for a resculpt like R5-D4, a call that has been answered, and Hoth Han Solo or Dr. Evezan). I say trickle out the human background characters so we can allways have a good flow of alien characters with a mix of new humans, infrequent resculpts, and even the incorporation of EU into the POTJ line. This has begun to some degree with the (unfounded in EU canon) Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, and Maul figures, so perhaps many of the characters from novels and comics will follow in the future, fleshing out the line.

squee666
10-21-2001, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Huckleberry Josh
I don't know what anybody else thinks about the new Snaggletooth figure , but I think that figure is really cool looking. What do you guys think? Frankly I don't understand everyone's big fascination with Madine. He has a horrible hairstyle that looks as though he's balding, and is trying
to cover it up by flopping his hair over, and a stupid beard. I'd much rather have interesting aliens, as well as droids made.

sith_killer_99
10-21-2001, 07:52 PM
It all goes back to the vintage line.

There are some real die hard fans who would like to see all of the old vintage stuff redone before Hasbro gets too far into new ground.

I agree that Hasbro has been doing a bang-up job of rounding out the new line. Unfortunatly this includes making more Jar-Jars and Han Solo's along the way. I can live with that. I even like some of the EU characters, though I would prefer to see characters from the comics and books!

GNT
10-22-2001, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by squee666
Frankly I don't understand everyone's big fascination with Madine. He has a horrible hairstyle that looks as though he's balding, and is trying
to cover it up by flopping his hair over, and a stupid beard. I'd much rather have interesting aliens, as well as droids made.

I couldn't agree with you anymore than I do now,Useless character he is :)

Eternal Padawan
10-22-2001, 10:45 AM
yes madine was useless, and yes he wins the worst hairdo in Star Wars award (not an easy feat) but my point is there are basically only four vintage figures that have yet to be remade. Four figures. That's ONE GONK!ING WAVE! Just put that wave out and I promise I won't bug you for a whole year Hasbro.

General Crix Madine
Imperial Dignitary
Cloud Car Pilot
Wooof

It's not about being president of the Crix Madine fanclub or anything like that. It's about closure. CLOSURE. Thank you for your time.

Jargo
10-22-2001, 01:02 PM
Madine is scary. He's a freaky stary eyed floppy greasy haired pervert and the worst looking human character in star wars. But, he is a rebel general and lord knows there's a shortage of those in the toy line since '95. He should be made as should most of the rebel officers.
However, Zutton is from the holiday special not star wars. Why are we getting this figure? Cool as his big melon head is and cool as his costume is, I don't see why this particular figure made it instaed of all the squillions us fans have been asking for for like ever! Is this just so those suck up boys who rule the collecting world can have a resculpt of snaggletooth? I love all the aliens but I'd rather have one from the movies, I'd rather have another Cantina creature like Hem Dazon or Feltipern Trevag. Jeez, I'd rather have another Ewok than this pile of ****e! What a waste of a production opportunity and the production line. I'm sick to my stomach that Hasbro just blithely ignore time and time again the people who actually buy this product.
Sure the quality of the sculpts is better and the poses have been largely fine. A lack of packin accessories isn't fine. The cost isn't fine and the availability is scandalous. I'm seriously unhappy about Zutton's inclusion in this toy line right now. Hopefully he'll be among the scarcest of the figures and won't be the one clogging the shelves everywhere for the next hundred years.

Eternal Padawan
10-22-2001, 02:00 PM
Hopefully, but this guy just screams peg-warmer to me....big headed freak...

Huckleberry Josh
10-22-2001, 03:38 PM
Who in the heck is Madine?

evenflow
10-22-2001, 04:36 PM
I still think the haed looks a little too big. COol to get something new though.

evenflow
10-22-2001, 04:37 PM
One more thing, I'd much rather have gotten Yarna D'al Gargan though. It would be really great to see that figure. Sadly, we probably never will. :(

Jargo
10-22-2001, 05:41 PM
*sharp intake of breath* NEVER say never evenflow! We will get a Yarna D'al Gargan - we will get a Yarna D'al Gargan..... you just have to keep the faith my friend. "Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow but for the rest of our li....."
sorry - wrong quote. But we must keep asking and keep haranguing if hasbro are to realise that she is wanted. No more skinny twi'lek chicks and more amply proportioned lasses. Viva la fat chick! Up the poundage! Hasbro if you're reading, the fuller figure is de riguer this season, The fashion is for larger ladies modelled in 3 inch plastic figures, especially those with ample frontage in the lady bump department. RELEASE THE FAT DANCER F'CHRISSAKES!!!!!

And while you're at it finish off the Rebo band with the drummers and Rappertunie. Shelve your plans for redundant holiday special background aliens with a whiff of yawn making nostalgia attached to them, finish what you start and stop messing around with our heads. Any more angst about action figures is gonna drive me insane.

Fulit
10-22-2001, 05:44 PM
I must once again reinterate that, while I think the new Snaggletooth is okay and everything, why did they put him in Michael Jackson's "Thriller" outfit?

Lobito
10-22-2001, 09:20 PM
Zutton is far more detailed than Takeel...(Cantina aliens 3 pack)...cant wait to put him in the cantina...i dont care if its from the Holiday special. :D

GNT
10-23-2001, 03:49 AM
Who in the heck is Madine?

His the old guy from ROTJ,who stands next to Mothma when shes talking, he has a comb over and was a totally useless figure :)

Fixer
10-23-2001, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
yes madine was useless, and yes he wins the worst hairdo in Star Wars award (not an easy feat) but my point is there are basically only four vintage figures that have yet to be remade. Four figures. That's ONE GONK!ING WAVE! Just put that wave out and I promise I won't bug you for a whole year Hasbro.

General Crix Madine
Imperial Dignitary
Cloud Car Pilot
Wooof

It's not about being president of the Crix Madine fanclub or anything like that. It's about closure. CLOSURE. Thank you for your time.

Don't forget the rest of the Ewoks: Warok, Romba, Chief chirpa and Lumat. You could also argue that they haven't technically made Hoth Rebel Commander, Black Bespin Security Guard, or silver Death Star Droid. Plus the POTF2 Barada and Nikto are different, costume-wise than their newer cousins. But who's counting? ;)

bigbarada
10-23-2001, 12:38 PM
Right, there are still a couple of waves of vintage resculpts to be done. Not to mention the figures who were totally ruined in their POTF2 incarnations (ahem, Bib Fortuna, Hoth Rebel Soldier, Bespin Leia).

However, I'm currently more interested in the never-before-made figures. I think if Hasbro/Kenner had started out the POTF2 line with all new versions of characters and never-before made characters, it would be seen as more than just a 'rehash' line by a vast majority of vintage collectors.

evenflow
10-23-2001, 01:39 PM
If you are talking about resculpts, then the Emperor's Royal Guard is #1 on the list. I agree with the finishing of the Rebo Band.

I guess will try to have some faith. :rolleyes: Hey, you never know. :)

Wolfwood319
10-25-2001, 11:54 PM
Who is "wooof", I don't remember that figure?

And I think that Zutton is a cool figure, and I like the fact that they are making figures of characters never really done before.

But I also think they should go back and do some resculpts of some original POTF2 figures, like Hoth Luke and Han. (They really stand out when placed next to POTJ figs)

Lobito
10-26-2001, 02:58 PM
Woooof is the original Klatu.:)

JediCole
10-26-2001, 04:28 PM
It is funny to see the sheer volume of characters, foreground and background, that people still want to see made into figures (and I am one of those people, don't get me wrong), while on another thread everyone is lamenting that the line will have exhausted the source material of the existing four films well before the release of Episode III! Those posters should drop by this thread. I am tempted to make a list of characters that have yet to be made and start a thread with that. I think I could come up with close to 100 that would not seem out of the question (I am not talking "guy with Luke's "Gilligan hat" that walks buy in Mos Eisley" or "Assistant to the Aqualish Senator" either). With over three years before the release of the final (middle) chapter of the Star Wars Saga, and a good three to five marketable years to follow, I don't see why everyone is so terrified about what hasn't been made. I'd rather Madine and the odd resculpt (like the long overdue Han Solo - Hoth) wait a while to allow for the Hem Dazons, Rep Teerses, and Torryn Farrs to be made.