PDA

View Full Version : E2 12" Wave III Announced at Entertainment Earth!!

Doc Brown
08-21-2002, 09:42 AM
Entertainment Earth has listed Episode 2 - 12 inch Wave 3 for preorder. It contains Padme, Anakin and Geonosian warrior. released date is stated to be January 2003. I have heard nothing about these new figures before. Does anyone have any info on this alleged next wave? This is the first I have heard anything for next year! :)

Beast
08-21-2002, 09:42 AM
According to Entertainment Earth, Wave III of the 12" Attack of the Clones figures will be out in January. And it will contain the following 3 figures. :)

Anakin Skwalker
Padme Amidala
Geonosian Warrior

The Geonosian Warrior should make a lot of people happy, since many people have been asking for it. Padme is most likely the white arena jumpsuit version that was rumored. As for the Anakin, no idea. It will likely be him robed, would be cool if they added a removable and interchangable normal and robotic forearms. :)

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS84940A
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS84940AA

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

The True Maul
08-21-2002, 10:10 AM
Cool can't wait to get them!! Jar Jar, do you think maybe that Hasbro will release these before January and have them out for the Chrismas rush. And Thanks for the information!! :)

Beast
08-21-2002, 10:15 AM
Well, lately everything has been shipping and showing up early then was originally thought, so it's likely. Though the 12" really isn't somthing that a lot of kids are asking for, it's more Collector focused. So getting them out for a Christmas release isn't a high priority. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

The True Maul
08-21-2002, 10:42 AM
Thanks Jar Jar! :)

mini-rock
08-21-2002, 11:38 AM
The Geonosian warrior should make a lot of people happy.

I bet GEONOSIAN is the happiest person on the planet. :)

As for me, these figures can't be released fast enough. It's great news to hear that we will be geting 3 more figures, but I think Anakin is being released again too soon.

Beast
08-21-2002, 12:33 PM
Well, maybe the Anakin will be in his Outland Peasent disguise. That would be different then the same Anakin w/ Robe. Though If they use the same body that they are using on Dooku, I don't think all that many people will complain. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mini-rock
08-21-2002, 03:31 PM
I didn't mean for my comment to seem like a complaint. Believe me, I'm happy that we are getting more figures so soon, but IMO other characters are long overdue to make their appearence in the 12" line like Palpatine, and Nute Gunray. Anakin peasent would be cool no doubt, but so would a Kaminoan or some of the seperatist leaders. Just a little to soon for another Anakin, MO of course.

derek
08-21-2002, 03:41 PM
wouldn't it be great if they just re-released the first anakin? hey...wait...stop hitting me!!!:crazed:

seriously...
i'll keep my fingers crossed that this anakin will have a new sculpt, ala dooku quality, on a new joe body, and that padme will sport a jane body and have a well sculpted head.:)

mini-rock
08-21-2002, 07:01 PM
and that Padme will sport a jane body and have a well sculpted head.

I hope that her um....(clear throat) ....eye's are well sculpted too. ;)

TylerD
08-22-2002, 01:29 AM
A Geonosian Warrior would be awesome. I would like to see a 12" scale Kaminoan....

Geonosian
08-22-2002, 03:15 AM
Thats right folks!
New 12" comming early 2003

Geonosian
Padme
Anakin

I dont know if this Anakin will be a re-release of a new 12" Anakin with robe!!

WHAT GREAT NEWS!!!

Beast
08-22-2002, 03:20 AM
Wrong section, Geonosian. This belongs in the 12" Section, where it's already being discussed. We knew that you would be happy with the announcement. :)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13693

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Geonosian
08-22-2002, 04:47 AM
Originally posted by mini-rock

I bet GEONOSIAN is the happiest person on the planet. :)

Of course. When I saw the headline " 12" Geonosian comming" I litrally jumped.

I really hope Anakin comes with robe.

Geonosian
08-22-2002, 04:49 AM
Sorry, my mistake.

hango fett
08-22-2002, 07:07 AM
your back, i take it! i would like to see that 12 " geonosian...sounds cool!
h

The True Maul
08-22-2002, 07:53 AM
I can't wait to see these 3!! Welcome Back Geonosian!!! :)

mini-rock
08-22-2002, 08:56 AM
When I saw the headline " 12" Geonosian comming" I litrally jumped.

I bet you did. :)

Well, I have to say I'm pretty excited too, and I wonder how long it will be before we see pics of the 3 new figs. :D
I was looking through the visual dictionary last night, and I guess there are a few ways Hasbro could do Anakin. With robe, peasent disguise, two sabers with detachable arm, or robotic arm. Either way would be :cool: .

SirSteve
08-22-2002, 09:55 AM
Another list from wholesalers. I am awaiting confirmation. I would take it with a grain of salt until you get confirmation. You probably got it from the same site that said the 12" was canceled!

bad Steve...
;)

Exhaust Port
08-22-2002, 09:57 AM
How tall would a Kaminoan need to be? 16"? I don't know if I have a shelf tall enough to hold that.

Beast
08-22-2002, 11:41 AM
Wasn't that your site as well, Sir Steve? ;) Thrawn claimed in one of his FAQ's that the 12" line was likely going to be cancelled. And JT stated the same thing a few times as well. Of course those were just their opinions, and not actual news stories, like that other site. :D

Bad Jar Jar.... ;)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Master Goeweins
08-22-2002, 01:58 PM
I really want them to make both the regular Geonosian and the King Geonosian! And I can't even describe my desire for a 12" scale Nexu!

SirSteve
08-22-2002, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Of course those were just their opinions, and not actual news stories, like that other site. :D

Bad Jar Jar.... ;)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I don't recall this but if they did, it had better be their opinions!

Beast
08-22-2002, 03:17 PM
Sir Steve, I can't find Thrawns statements in the Q&A, but I remember reading them. But here is JT's and Thrawns comments regarding the "imminate demise" of the 12" line. :rolleyes: :

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12075

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10417

Originally posted by JediTricks
I can't tell you where I heard this, but this is MORE than just a rumor, much more. The source I've got on this is pretty high up and definitely an insider and what I've heard is that the line is in danger, not just vague danger either.

Nope, definitely Hasbro saying the line is in big danger right now of getting the axe. And from what I've heard, the line isn't doing very well. Thrawn gave a similar warning over a month ago, but few really heard what he was saying there. I hope Dooku and the SBD pull some good sales, I know I'll be buying both. I would have bought all 3 if Padme had been the 3rd fig instead of Zam.

The question was asked and I gave the answer I had. If I was allowed to tell you guys about the source I have on this, I'm fairly sure you'd be freaking out, and as worried about the line as I am.

Derek, I haven't checked with the source on that first question, but I seriously doubt they'd let any other company have it.

I honestly don't think Hasbro understands the concepts of quality with this line. Then again, I don't think they understand that figures don't have to just ship for a few weeks either, so the line has been under great stress for quite a while IMO. I don't get the chance to dictate Hasbro policy beyond the language of the almighty dollar though.

mini-rock, I hoped this info was wrong as well, but I can't say the writing hasn't been on the wall for a while now so even without a source, this is the way it feels to me - having a credible source say similar things just reinforces the idea that if Hasbro doesn't get the line back on track soon and collectors don't respond to the good things they do right, we won't have a line to look forward to.

Originally posted by Thrawn
I can't believe I got here before experts like JJB or JangoFart !!!

It is more than just my intuition and observation. Someone on the inside has told me with the massive failure of the masterpiece line and last 12 inch POTJ wave that they weren't even going to continue - hence the last POTJ 12 inch wave (Boushh, etc) was shelved.

You may come to your own conclusions about the saga line...

JJB, if what I've heard is true, it'd be very unwise for collectors to treat this as "business as usual" for the 12-inch line as it currently is anything but. I'm not speaking for Thrawn here, but I think it's more, I definitely think it's in more trouble than you do.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Exhaust Port
08-22-2002, 05:08 PM
With the great improvement in the 12" line with AOTC I think this 12" geonosian will be one hot toy. I hope they do a couple different variations for us collectors to have for our shelves. Perhaps a guard, warrior, King and standard.

TylerD
08-22-2002, 07:02 PM
You bring up a good point about space EP. The Lord knows I have NO SPACE left.....but the figure would still rock!

The True Maul
08-22-2002, 07:31 PM
EP, I agree it will be hot with the improvements! :)

The True Maul
08-22-2002, 07:33 PM
You guys are right Taun We would be one tall figure!:)

mini-rock
08-22-2002, 09:59 PM
If Hasbro released a 16" Taun We I'd make the space.

derek
08-22-2002, 10:28 PM
i have the feeling that if hasbro made taun we in 1/6th scale, she'd be all one piece of molded gumby type material, and only about 13 inches tall. :cry:

Thunderstorm1
08-22-2002, 11:13 PM
Here is a link to pictures of Anakin and Warrior.

I sure Do hope that Anakin Comes with a Robe, Looks like he has interchangeable arms which is pretty cool.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS84940A

Doc Brown
08-22-2002, 11:38 PM
I hope the anakin is a prototype. He looks more like Doogie Houser than Hayden Christiansan lol. "Hey Doog, when did you like become a jedi?" oh well, it's all good I'll probably still buy it. heh heh.

mini-rock
08-23-2002, 03:11 AM
Cool! Glad to see what they will most likely look like. Hopefully the Geonosian warrior will come with a weapon too.

Geonosian
08-23-2002, 03:32 AM
The pics are up!

Geo's Awesome..

Anakin sucks!

No robe:cry:

Geonosian
08-23-2002, 03:37 AM
Originally posted by Thunderstorm1
Here is a link to pictures of Anakin and Warrior.

I sure Do hope that Anakin Comes with a Robe, Looks like he has interchangeable arms which is pretty cool.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS84940A Me too, I really hope Annie comes with a robe...things still can change.

mini-rock
08-23-2002, 03:39 AM
Yeah I just saw them. Like I said in the other thread I hope the Goenosian warrior comes with a weapon. Couldn't tell from the pics.

Anakin with no robe again I'm sure means that we will eventually see a 3rd Anakin. ARGH!

Geonosian
08-23-2002, 05:10 AM
Will we see a 3rd Anakin?
Dont think so...

Geo will likly come with the sonic blaster.

The True Maul
08-23-2002, 07:50 AM
Cool pic!!! Thanks Thunderstorm1 for posting them!!! :)

Beast
08-23-2002, 11:05 AM
"Images of upcoming products may be prototypes and are subject to change before shipment."

Since he comes with the interchangable robotic hand, I'm going to bet that the final version will have a robe. It's a little to early to start worrying about it, especially since these are prototype pictures from the retailer catalogs. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mini-rock
08-23-2002, 12:22 PM
JJB, Your right, it's way too early to worry. I'm gonna sign off go drink a Met-Rx, and take a chill pill. :)

jedibear
08-23-2002, 04:20 PM
Aaaaaaaargggghhh!!!
WHAT'S with that awful expression on Anakin's face?!? Didn't Hasbro learn with that open-mouth Qui-Gon? THAT figure SAT on the shelves around here FOREVER !! Ugh.....the only thing that will redeem this version is if it comes with a robe....

The Geonosian looks cool though.....

As for the Padme....don't scream but I'm almost hoping it's the "Coruscant Attack" version.....why? Because I think the "white outfit" version would make a great 2-pack with a cloaked Ani...."Tatooine Departure" or something like that....

derek
08-23-2002, 06:38 PM
it ain't to early to worry!?!?! remember zam???

my god, that anakin looks horrible. i could sculpt a better head than that, and i can't sculpt. i can't even begin to say how crappy that looks. it dosen't even remotely resemble hayden. what in the world is wrong with hasbro? what ever happened to real scan? and that's an old crap joe body. i'm very sad today....:cry:
i'm beginning to think hasbro is trying to kill the 12 inch line.

derek
08-23-2002, 06:43 PM
who's moderating this forum? we've got about 4 different threads discussing the same thing.

THAT ANAKIN SUCKS!!!!!

InsaneJediGirl
08-23-2002, 09:59 PM
I agree.Looks disgusting..the one out right now is better:(Maybe the'll change the face and throw in a robe*Crosses Fingers!*

JEDI PARATROOPER
08-23-2002, 10:25 PM
Why did Hasbro do another Anakin in nearly the same outfit as before? I do like the Geo.

AreTwo-DeeTwo
08-23-2002, 10:41 PM
Now we can have an interchangeable mechanical arm this time. I don't mind that though because I never bought the first version of Anakin. Ok, so are the following all of the 12 inch AOTC figures announced officialy?:

Anakin
Obi-Wan
Clonetrooper
Jango Fett (Ultimate version)
Clonetrooper (yellow)
Clonetooper (red)
Padme
Count Dooku
Ki-Adi-Mundi
Super Battle Droid
Zam Wessel
Geonosian Warrior
Mace Windu
Obi-Wan (electronic)
Jango Fett (electronic)
Anakin (Interchangeable arms)

Plo-Koon ????

Hope a nice Yoda is coming sometime soon

Geonosian
08-24-2002, 08:28 AM
Also Coleman Trebor :)

mini-rock
08-28-2002, 10:48 AM
I hope Plo Koon is announced for release this year. So far we have 13 from AOTC this year, and the 3 for Jan could possibly be released a little early. If Plo comes out before the end of the year we could have 17 AOTC figs. Not bad if you ask me.

Tycho
08-28-2002, 12:57 PM
I like the Anakin (more in a sec)

Plo Koon will be another Fan Club exclusive.

SaeSae Tiin or Eeth Koth are also just about confirmed. Probably both. All Jedi Council Members will be Fan Club Exclusives like Ki-Adi Mundi.

I'm pleased with that. I just ordered my Ki's yesterday and should have them by the weekend. It's a great way to get these out there. You don't have to be a member, but there's the nice thing about free shipping for encouragement ;)

As to Anakin:

The Good) - 2 lightsabers, interchangeable hands

The Bad) - angry expression w. interchangable hand figure? What did ANAKIN change his mind about the marriage or did she say she wasn't going to cook unless he mowed the lawn and took out the trash?

Lack of Jedi robe - though we don't yet know that....

Anakin should be accessorized with: robe, chains, 3 lightsabers from the movie, changeable hand... (changeable heads for weddings and funerals?)

mini-rock
08-28-2002, 04:20 PM
Saesee Tiin would be awesome, but I'm still wanting some female Jedi. I mean come on 12' colletors have none. And what about Yoda? Will he be a fan club exclusive or part of a wave?

derek
08-28-2002, 04:34 PM
sir steve,

so is that new 12" anakin official since it's now news on the SSG home page? please tell me it will look better. it looks horrible. what's the deal with the head sculpt? it sucks, bad. it looks like dallas maverick basketball player shawn bradley. nothing like hayden. and what's with that arm? it looks like a tree branch wrapped in a bag. :cry: :confused:

and why does it have the old body? horrible, or as marlon brando once said: "the horror... the horror...the horror..."

mini-rock
08-29-2002, 08:22 PM
Have any of you pre-ordered these from Entertainment Earth yet?

Tycho
08-30-2002, 01:00 AM
I've ordered from Entertainment Earth many times before, but I order things that are no longer available at retail.

I'm not going to pre-order something I can find in the store.

I bought Dooku / Super Battle Droid / and Zam 2 days ago in Wal*Mart.

Today, they were all sitting at Target - 1 Zam had been purchased.

Why spend extra cash pre-ordering? Though it might make sense in your area, it's not so bad in San Diego.

mini-rock
08-30-2002, 12:35 PM
Tycho, Yeah I don"t know why it's so hard to find the figs up here in Seattle. During EP 1 I did alot of driving & found nothing, but I noticed everyone else across the country wasn't having a problem finding new stuff. My time is worth much more to me than money so now I choose to pre-order. Your right though, the prices at EE are ridiculous which is why I'm wondering who "bit the bullet" and pre-ordered them.

Jayspawn
08-30-2002, 02:32 PM
I think the Geonosian Warrior looks cool. The Anakin looks a lot like the 1st. Which I could care less about. I hope this one at least comes with a robe. I'm praying the upcoming Padme 12" doesn't look like crap (like 12" Zam Wessel).

N-2PF
08-30-2002, 06:13 PM
New Ep 2 12 Inch Wave 3 Listed!

Jeremy from Rebelscum calls it Wave 1

12" Figure Assortment - Wave 1 December, Wave 2 March

The True Maul
08-30-2002, 06:31 PM
He calls it that because it's the first wave of January, but it's Wave 3 of EPII 12" series.:)