PDA

View Full Version : New Boba Fett (Jabba's Palace) coming???

OCB
08-21-2002, 10:47 AM
miscn peep from the Rebelscum forums noticed on the Rebelscum Photo archives that the following is listed as a Return of the Jedi figure in the Saga section...

RETURN OF THE JEDI

Boba Fett (Jabba's Palace)
Endor Soldier (Version 1)
Endor Soldier (Version 2)
Ephant Mon (Fan's Choice #3)
Han Solo (Endor Raid)

http://www.rebelscum.com/sagafigures.asp

Did they spill the beans???

Beast
08-21-2002, 10:57 AM
Very intresting, but I wonder how accurate their list is. They also have Lott Dod and Nute Gunray (Hologram) listed, and last I heard about those was that it was a mistake on StarWars.com's Cargo Bay.

Oh well, I hope that both are true. I would rather have another Boba Fett, then another darn Jango Fett for a while. Though in my opinion I would rather they did some unreleased figures, and not another Boba either. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

OCB
08-21-2002, 10:59 AM
I was trying to remember what was said on Lott/Nute as well, I thought at one time they were to be FC Exclusives???

LTBasker
08-21-2002, 11:05 AM
Well since it's from Jabba's Palace you KNOW it's gonna have a quick draw action. It'll probably use pieces from 300th Boba Fett with gimmicks and of course, bad pre-posing. :rolleyes:

If they make it Collection 2 it will be a very pleasant suprise.

icatch9
08-21-2002, 11:19 AM
It could be an "ultimate" Boba like they did for Chewy. The Saga Chewy is the end all be all of Chewbaccas. So they could do that for Boba. Chances are it will have some sort of action featur. Quick draw is a good one, but also that wire think he shoots out at Luke. I know that's exactly from Jabba's Palace, but it's not as if these reports are 100% accurate.

I'm sure in the next couple of years, we'll get a lot of OT characters. They need to re-do a bunch from ROTJ. After all the have re-done a bunch from ANH and ESB, so ROTJ has to be next.

Beast
08-21-2002, 11:25 AM
I noticed that as well, Icatch9. RotJ seems to get the short end of the stick alot. ANH and ESB seem to get alot more focus from Hasbro then Jedi does. Especially if you compare the Cantina Patrons that have been done, with Jabba's Palace. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
08-21-2002, 11:42 AM
We don't need no action features...
We don't need no mechanism control!

I don't know this next verse...
Hey, Hasbro, leave them figures alone!

Lord Tenebrous
08-21-2002, 11:43 AM
I'm really curious to see how they're going to improve on the 300th Boba sculpt. All you really need is the updated multicolor jetpack, a two-piece battle-damaged gun, and rehashed grappling hook and blast effects from Jango. That's how it'll probably be, 300th's head, modified Jango KE's torso, and a new set of legs.

And you would think that the victories of Amanaman and Ephant Mon would convince Hasbro to release more Palace characters, like Tanus Spijek or Yarna d'al' Gargan. Guess not.

Beast
08-21-2002, 11:45 AM
LTBasker, if they give him some sort of action feature I don't see a huge problem. There is the 300th Boba Fett if you don't want action features. I wouldn't mind seeing them use the Jango Fett: Kamino Escape figure as a basis. That way they can give Boba Fett his whipcord. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JangoFart
08-21-2002, 01:03 PM
I, for one, am not looking forward to any newer ROTJ figures. I thought that movie was, by FAR, the worst of all the SW movies thus far.

Keep throwin' AOTC, ESB, ANH figures my way, as far as I'm concerned!

J

The Overlord Returns
08-21-2002, 01:17 PM
Why can't they just go ahead and give us a GOOD ROTJ Jedi Knight Luke?

hango fett
08-21-2002, 02:17 PM
yes! must have boba with a whip cord!!! that would rock! a good jedi luke too! and a good vader and palpy..etc..
H

The True Maul
08-21-2002, 02:51 PM
A new Boba Fett would be great! I hope what that says is true. :)

JEDIpartner
08-21-2002, 03:01 PM
Ughhhh... more scraps from the Fett Family! I too would rather see a new Jedi Luke before, yet another, Boba Fett.

Darth Evil
08-21-2002, 03:03 PM
I'd love to see a new Boba, Jango has been getting all the attention recently. I just want gimmick-less, neutral-posed, 300th-standard sculpt Boba. Not too much to ask, is it? A new Emperor Palpatine and Jedi Luke too, please.

Darth Sidious
08-21-2002, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
There is the 300th Boba Fett if you don't want action features.

Jar Jar Binks

True, there is 300th Boba Fett, but the real question is, are you willing to pay $30+ for one? I don't know about some of you, but in my eyes that is a Hell of a lot of money for a basic figure, no matter how fancy the packaging is. I would like a Jabba's Palace Boba, gimmick or not. This is just my opinion, since the only Boba I have is the one from the IG-88 2-pack. I never even SAW 300th Boba Fett, but I'd really love to have one...No way I'll pay over $15 for one, though. I say, Hasbro, please make this Boba Fett, give it a gimmick if you want, but please don't give is SP Jango legs, just a lot of articulation and a nice, neutral pose. A missile firing jetpack and WORKING grappling hook launcher wouldn't be too bad, I sort of like those. Those (Even though Jango's grappling hook doesn't actually launch) are two of the many things I like about Kamino Escape Jango. Keep everything in correct proportions (No Popeye arms like on Final Battle Jango) and give it a paint job and soft goods (Preferably)like 300th Boba. I know this sounds a little demanding, but I think this Boba has the potential to be a really great figure if Hasbro does it correctly. :)

Rogue II
08-21-2002, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
Ughhhh... more scraps from the Fett Family! I too would rather see a new Jedi Luke before, yet another, Boba Fett.

I agree, but I think it is Hasbro's policy to produce at least 1 figure of each popular Classic Trilogy character per year.

I am not going to complain since it is inevitable that we will be getting a ROTJ Boba Fett at some point. Hopefully, this one will not be a single posed figure, but will have nice artuculation like the Bespin Luke. And some day, they may get around to making that new Jedi Luke we've been asking for.
:D

Beast
08-21-2002, 03:22 PM
They need to start picking on Padme and Leia every year. Padme has a ton of gowns that still need done. And a couple Leia re-sculpts would be a nice thing to see. We especially need a decent Princess Leia: Bespin Gown. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Sidious
08-21-2002, 03:29 PM
Yes, that would be really nice, the Leia with Bespin gown. I think that could actually look ok if they used plastic robes, since the other one, I believe, has soft goods. In my opinion, some of the most beautiful robes made (Such as Luminara's and RedGuard's and Orn Free Taa's) are soft plastic. A few new Padmes would be great. I know they are making another Padme (With un-ripped white shirt), but they really should make one with the ripped shirt that is neutrally posed, articualted, etc.

hango fett
08-21-2002, 03:30 PM
uh...we have a decent leia: bespin gown...the princess leia collection one with han. that is a pretty good one...
h

Beast
08-21-2002, 03:32 PM
The Princess Leia collection one sucks on toast. I don't even count it as part of the regular line because the gown and cape were not accurate to the movie. They should never have tried to do it in cloth, if they weren't going to put the time into making it look right. POTJ Lando's cape is the first cloth cape they really put some time into. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Sidious
08-21-2002, 03:33 PM
Don't get me wrong, that Leia is not terrible, or even close to it, I am just stating my opinion, which is that it could be redone. It would be carded indivindually, for one thing, and the robes would be plastic. For ornate robes like that I do not like soft goods, thats all. I believe they could do better with plastic robes. :)

Lord Tenebrous
08-21-2002, 03:42 PM
The worrysome thing about PLC Leia is that they used both plastic and cloth, so it's a better of two evils thing...clamshells or curtains?

The best solution is thin, flexible, layered vinyl.

Beast
08-21-2002, 03:46 PM
Exactly Lord Tenebrous. Look how horrid that figure looks. Just like you said, it looks like she pulled down a cheap pair of lace curtains and tossed it on. It has none of the beauty that the actual costume did. Hell, the vintage figure was better then the Leia Collection version, IMHO. I'm sure they could do a awesome job on her now. Just look at the Queen figures from the POTJ series to see how well they could do her. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hango fett
08-21-2002, 03:49 PM
wow. the need to make one more thing right on that gown and bam! it would be perefect. just need to put the plastic peice on her shoulders blend more. ah! just wait and see if they do another JJB! maybe they will, maybe they won't.
h

EDIT IN: JJB, remeber, this isn't a line specifily made for adults, it's for the kiddies and the kiddies don't know the diffrence.

Darth Sidious
08-21-2002, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
The worrysome thing about PLC Leia is that they used both plastic and cloth, so it's a better of two evils thing...clamshells or curtains?

The best solution is thin, flexible, layered vinyl.

Oh, how horrid! :D At second glance that is terrible...

Beast
08-21-2002, 03:58 PM
Hango, in non-movie years it goes back to being a collector driven market. That is why you get figures that kids could care less about in the spaces between the movies. Not to mention the fact that all the other Princess Leia Collection figures have basic line versions. So she is due for one, and before the line ends in 2008 or whatever, I'm sure that we'll see one. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jedihunter25
08-21-2002, 04:03 PM
PLEASE no more figures that has been RE-REDONE.

Beast
08-21-2002, 04:08 PM
Jedihunter25, if they wouldn't occassionally redo figures that were lacking the first time around, you would be stuck with the first He-Man POTF2 figures. So certain figures do need to be re-visited and improved upon. Just like main charecters need to be redone every year, so kids have a chance to get one. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Tenebrous
08-21-2002, 04:09 PM
It's not being re-redone, it's being re-scaled. Every Leia needs to match Leia (Bespin Escape) and Leia (Prisoner). Not sure about Leia (25th), she's kinda a misfit figure.

Jargo
08-21-2002, 04:18 PM
Let's not forget that the sculptors at hasbro are guys. They tend to sculpt all the female figures as some kind of male fantasy ideal. All lady bumps and curves and to hell with the accuracy. They can't be expected to get the cloth details right when they focus so much energy on the lady bumps.... :rolleyes:

I'd quite like a few background female characters before any core females. There's tons of females in star wars as pilots technicians tacticians, communications staff, handmaidens, cantina patrons, palace denizens, nightclub patrons, spaceport locals, jedi knights and masters etc.

I'm bored of the two female core characters we keep getting. I'm sure Carrie Fisher is tired of being made badly too. :)

jedihunter25
08-21-2002, 04:25 PM
I don't mind them being re-done or scaled in diferent outfits (or something like Anakin from AOTC with a vinal robe) but look at at the Darth Mauls that they re-remade and will re-remake again that will block the way for other figs like Poggle the Lesser, Wat Tambor, and Imperial Dignitary.