PDA

View Full Version : Looking forward to Gamecube line up

scruffziller
08-21-2002, 01:34 PM
They got alot of great games coming out fairly quick here. Here is a link. ---------------->Game Cube Line Up (http://www.nintendo.com/e32k2/e3_gcnlist.jsp) I took one look and said "Man I am going to be broke!!":crazed:

Darth Evil
08-21-2002, 03:17 PM
I know, so many, so fast! I hope Wario World is good, he's my favourite Nintendo character and I always felt that he needed a 3D game of his own.

scruffziller
08-21-2002, 04:06 PM
Oh yea absolutely, I can't believe we haven't seen anything up until now on Wario of this caliber. He's always been a side-show Bob. I have seen some screen shots for a DBZ game on Gamecube as well.

preacher
08-21-2002, 06:18 PM
Wario looks good. Starfox looks good. The one that I am anticipating most is Metroid Prime because it is such a deviation from the Metroid series. This sucker will either reek like an outhouse in Peru, or will kick so much *****. Castlevania tried the 3-d world and did not fair well. I liked it, but there were many that didn't.

I just hope that the new metroid controls aren't like Turok's. Those games could have been awesome if the controls were thought out better. Such as they were the game(s) were frustrating.

master jedi
08-21-2002, 09:00 PM
Oh my gosh! What did they do to Zelda?!! The graphics are cartoonish! NNNOOOO!

QLD
08-21-2002, 11:55 PM
Zelda looks great! The graphics started out cartoonish, and I think it will be incredible. And anyway, who cares about the graphics, as long as they aren't horrible. The gameplay is what will matter. Everything I have heard has been very positive.

I am looking forward to Metroid, Starfox, and Mario Sunshine as well!

preacher
08-23-2002, 03:40 PM
Master Jedi,

Don't be too quick to judge the new Zelda game. Download a couple of avi showing link in action and I think you would agree the new Zelda will be AWE-SOME.

Herby
08-25-2002, 03:17 PM
This is a great lineup. The biggest problem is the cost. I have the Cube and the PS2 so I have a TON of games I want before Xmas. I finally just picked up Pikmin and prepayed for Mario Sunshine. One game you didn't mention that looks great is Monkey Ball 2! The first was great, the second has a ton of mini games...good stuff.

master jedi
08-25-2002, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by preacher
Master Jedi,

Don't be too quick to judge the new Zelda game. Download a couple of avi showing link in action and I think you would agree the new Zelda will be AWE-SOME.

I saw what the Zelda game was originally going to look like and when I saw these newer,suckire graphics I nearly broke down.

evenflow
08-28-2002, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by preacher

I am sorry but i still can't get over how terrible it looks. That is my opinion.

Herby
08-28-2002, 06:01 PM
I love the new look of Zelda. I think that one of the problems with 3d platformers is that they start to feel and look like the same game with different characters. The new Zelda definately stands out from the pack. I don't understand why Zelda looking cartoony is a big deal, the original NES and SNES games looked this way as well...the series is just going back to its roots a little bit. I'm sure the gameplay will be amazing.

QLD
08-28-2002, 06:37 PM
yeah, what Herby said

Boba Rhett
08-28-2002, 06:40 PM
I don't really mind that they changed it but when the excuse, "the original NES and SNES games looked this way as well...the series is just going back to its roots a little bit" is used, I do mind.

Why don't we just go back to the way games looked like on our old Atari 2600s then? :D ;)

QLD
08-28-2002, 07:20 PM
I still play my Atari 2600 all the time! I have no problem with that!

bigbarada
08-30-2002, 02:26 AM
The new Zelda is going to be awesome!! I like the new look. The N64 versions were amazing but when I saw that they were originally going to step up the realism for the GC release I was more than a little apprehensious. Many games have been ruined by the designers trying to get too realistic (FF8 anyone?). Glad to see that Miyamoto isn't afraid to toy around with his most successful creations.

I have to disagree with you on Turok's controls, preacher. To me they were the best control system possible for an FPS. You could actually look around and walk straight forward at the same time. Maybe it's because the first FPS game I really played was Turok and those controls seem much more natural to me than something like GoldenEye's.

Darth Evil
08-30-2002, 03:04 PM
Goldeneye's (and Perfect Dark's) controls are my favourite in an FPS. I always changed Turok's controls to Goldeneye-style. And the Primagen in Turok 2 was insanely hard!

QLD
08-31-2002, 12:12 PM
I picked up Mario Sunshine last night, but I haven't had a chance to play it yet. I am looking forward to it.

Herby
08-31-2002, 06:00 PM
Mario Sunshine is terrific! By the way, having the game go back to its NES and SNES roots is not a copout at all. If they wanted Zelda to have a realistic look back then, it would have been possible. I think a realistic Gamecube Zelda would have been a mistake and a let down. I certainly am much more excited about "Cellda" than the more realistic demo they showed at the launch of the system. Look at the PS2 remake of Rygar, the NES game tried to be realistic, therefore the remake has a look that mimics the NES game.

scruffziller
09-01-2002, 12:35 PM
Overall I like Super Mario Sunshine, it seems to be a little more challenging since it is a different method of battling with the charachters. It has a very close Super Mario 64 format.