PDA

View Full Version : Select Pics?

jawaboy
08-17-2001, 06:48 AM
First off, just let me say "wow." These new forums are Wonderful SirSteve, even if I do lose my ranking as a Jedi Master!

Ok, now that that's done, where are the select pics? I think last week's really was the last with its "selfin" tag. Does this mean we get something new or are being punished for picking on Rick McCallum?

GNT
08-17-2001, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by jawaboy
Does this mean we get something new or are being punished for picking on Rick McCallum?

We are being punished for picking on good old Rick!

Jargo
08-17-2001, 06:59 AM
And you're concerned about the lack of images after what you said about them in the old forums jawaboy? I blame you and you alone for their demise...if they have been put to the gas chamber that is..... But you really oughtn't have said what you did. Now the wrath of Porky will fall upon you like ugly women in an end of season clothing sale...........:mad:

evenflow
08-17-2001, 08:38 AM
Perhaps we have seen the end of the select images. :mad:

JEDIpartner
08-17-2001, 08:44 AM
Well... I think that with the movie coming out in less than a year, there is very little Uncle George can show us without giving too much away. Seriously... the movie is deep into post-production so all we could really get are "finished" select photos. We'll have a trailer soon enough and we'll get to see some actual bits of scenes. I think we can wait. I think it will be WORTH the wait!

Just my opinion.

Jek Porky 2001
08-17-2001, 04:30 PM
Are you refering to me my Emperor

the master jedi
08-17-2001, 05:13 PM
the last select image was called selfin.jpg or something similar. Fin can mean several things like FIfty seveN or french for end or fin ans in the first 3 letters for finished.

JediTricks
08-18-2001, 05:21 PM
My guess is that this is indeed the end of the Select Image series as we know it. As I pointed out in my most recent Ep 1 Snapshot post:
Amazing how the Episode II Select Image series is gone 9 months before that film's release, but we're still getting 2 or 3 of these Ep I Snapshots a week 2 years after the film left most theaters.

GNT
08-21-2001, 03:06 AM
Does it really matter?

I think we will get "designs of Ep2" for next few weeks in My opinion!

Sure they will be missed but we all have to move on!

jawaboy
08-21-2001, 07:56 PM
Actually, I only complained about the Sue Adler photos. I'd rather have none than another one of hers.

Jargo
12-30-2001, 05:39 PM
I was looking at my figures recently purchased and noticed in the pic of FX-7 on his cardback that there was a little something I'd seen before in a select pic. So I went looking and sure enough in select image 39 or there abouts was this similar object. So is this select image from the cloning facility? And although the objects aren't exactly alike in every detail, they both look so similar as to be similar 'things'.

That wasn't very clear sorry. brain not working, nosebleed in progress, hard to type... :(

kit fristo
12-31-2001, 12:26 AM
the select pics died about 4 months ago............
correct me if iam wrong......................................

Jargo
12-31-2001, 10:01 AM
Really? you mean I've been laboring under the misapprehension that the official site was just not showing me personally the pictures? Oh my! :rolleyes:

I know they finished Kit, I was just trying to rejuvinate a dead thread with a fresh angle on an old topic.
The pictures show a clear tube that seems to be a part of some medical equipment. It's strikingly similar in both pictures. I was wondering if the select picture showed a part of the cloning facility.
I realise of course that parts of sets are re-used like the head of IG-88 for instance which came from the set of the cantina.

*On a slightly differnt note, the idea is Kit, to keep conversations going. not to just start a new thread whenever we have an idea or thought. These forums contain excellent threads if you go looking where we've discussed everything you are likely to think of. The whole point is to just add your thoughts to the end of a thread not start a new one for every thought.*

JEDIpartner
12-31-2001, 10:40 AM
Hey there Jargo!

You've got a good eye! I studied the pictures as well and think you may be right! Again... it could just be re-used goods. I think it would make perfect sense, though for specific medical instruments to show up again in a medical facility. A scalpel is a scalpel is a scalpel, right? I love researching minutiae!

kit fristo
12-31-2001, 09:57 PM
sorry jango.
STOP F!@#$N TELLING ME OFF.
GEES IAM ONLY 14 YEARS OLD.
I LOVE STARWARS AND ALL OF YOU MAKE ME FEEL UNCOMFOTABLE. LEAVE ME ALONE.......

Jargo
12-31-2001, 10:51 PM
Kit, believe me - that isn't telling you off. You'd certainly now about it if I did! All I'm trying to do is show you the way the site works.
The way you're posting messages right now is a little abrasive and your cursing is getting people down. I was just trying to inform you of the way that people use the site, so that you could adjust how you use it and get along better with everyone here.
If all you can do is swear and try to impress people, then they will just ignore you.
It isn't my intention to follow you round and moan at you full time. I only mention these things to make the site more pleasant for all of us. If you carry on like you are no-one will speak to you in the end.
Try listening to people giving good advice and don't see everything as aggresively against you. We all want a pleasant place to visit here unlike at some message boards at other sites, where the idea there seems to be that everyone fights each other and curses. It isn't like that here.
Believe me, I'm not going to hound you. :evil:

kit fristo
12-31-2001, 11:35 PM
ok ok.
but go easy on me.
plz.