PDA

View Full Version : how many people in yyour town collect SW stuff?

hango fett
08-21-2002, 01:13 PM
it's just me and macewindu87 in my town. well, my dad, too.....but i know for a fact that i know the most about star wars in my entire town..(it's about a mile long and half a mile wide..) every one else thinks it's stupid. not me!
h

LTBasker
08-21-2002, 01:38 PM
I don't know, I've never gone door to door to just ask people if they collect Star Wars stuff. They might think it's a really screwed up Iehovah's (sp? I dunno) witness considering if I did something like that, I'd have to have a Star Wars costume on. ;)

Patient Zero
08-21-2002, 01:56 PM
I try my best to avoid people in my town at all costs.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-21-2002, 02:22 PM
I know I'm not the only one since I have yet to find the Target accessory sets.

billfremore
08-21-2002, 02:23 PM
I'm afraid I don't know all the people in my town, but as soon as I do I'll be sure to give you an answer

hango fett
08-21-2002, 02:46 PM
i don't want you guys to go door to door and ask, just on your knowledge of people at the moment.
h

Bobajames
08-21-2002, 03:24 PM
As far as i know, i'm the only one in Dallas, GA, that is except for the people who go store to store and scalp figures at the flea market

hango fett
08-21-2002, 06:17 PM
well, in our area, there has to be people who collect/scalp because if there wasn't why can't i find a darth maul ST???
h

stormie
08-21-2002, 07:22 PM
Interesting question to ponder. I know of no other people in my specific city (though I know of others in neighboring cities), but all the cities are so close together around here, I can't be positive. In fact, I don't even buy any SW stuff in my city. There are these funky (actually good) building codes that prevent large stores from being built within the city. As a result, most of the major stores, and even the supermarkets are in neighboring cities. There are small stores, just nothing like a normal sized Target. Thankfully, all the cities are fairly small (in area), and getting to stores is not a problem...unless you count traffic as a problem, because an offshoot of having so many cities tightly packed together is high population and high traffic. Yuck!

...but enough about my city...
;)

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
08-21-2002, 09:43 PM
As far as I know, I'm the only one.

Big Chewie
08-21-2002, 11:51 PM
I think I may be one of the only ones in my little town, but I have to go to other peoples towns to shop cause there are no stores here!
I know of at least 5 people that shop the same stores according to the Just found threads.

Patient Zero
08-22-2002, 12:28 AM
Well, I have actually met 2 fellow posters in the area, but none in or ajacent to my town.

JediTricks
08-22-2002, 01:31 AM
A conservative estimate would be 3,000 to 5,000 in the city and 7,000 to 12,000 in the county.

plasticfetish
08-22-2002, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
A conservative estimate would be 3,000 to 5,000 in the city and 7,000 to 12,000 in the county.

Imagine if you added in Orange and Riverside counties too.

rynobot
08-22-2002, 04:23 AM
I'm sure there is like 10-25 people in my small town.

Exhaust Port
08-22-2002, 10:14 AM
Just enough to keep me from getting the SW stuff I want sometimes.

The True Maul
08-22-2002, 10:22 AM
Alot of my friends collect in my town but thats pretty much it! :)

robman71
08-22-2002, 10:37 AM
I only know of one personally, but I have run into three or four. There was also a news bit in 4/23 about our areas super collector. I would estimate at least a couple of hundred hardcore collectors and maybe a thousand casual collectors.

scruffziller
08-22-2002, 12:24 PM
I am not certain, alot of hardcore fans in my town devote their time in the stories of SW through books not the collectibles. They don't have the money. I mean we are on the edge of the 2nd poorest region in the country. Jedi Clint can vouch for that.

Jargo
08-22-2002, 09:43 PM
interesting query, I have no idea since these days I tend not to fraternise with the local yahoos. I buy my toys online for the most part now and avoid the 'rush and jostle' of the toy stores save for going there to buy the exclusives if they have any out. But in my little partof the world i can categorically state that the kids and young adults don't buy toys they buy drugs and cars and beer and lap dances. If they can afford it, or they rob people so they can afford it. I think i'm singularly unusual in my little part of the world in collecting anything other than criminal records, hickies and strange social diseases of a very unpleasant nature :)

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-22-2002, 11:20 PM
Judging by all the cobwebs hanging over Endor Han and the gobs of other figures at Wal-Mart, no one else but me.

However, I've ran into a few guys while shopping for figures at Wally-Mart. Seemed to be my age and he bought a couple figures from the Han wave. Also, read of an arrest involving a young collector switching prices on Star Wars merchandise tags. I know there are probably more out there in the community that I just haven't come across yet.

I am grateful to have met a couple collectors from the region and my collection is better of it. But so far, in the town I live in I have yet to meet another collector.

hango fett
08-23-2002, 07:12 AM
ooooo...switching price tags is not a good thing...glad they arrested him! nothing like that has ever happend around us. i'd say in my AREA that there is a good number of them, they just stay annonymous(sp?)
h