PDA

View Full Version : Who here guaranteed themselves there would be a YODA saber battle in the prequels.

scruffziller
08-21-2002, 01:17 PM
Ever since the anouncement of the prequels in the mid 80s.
My brother had no clue, he enjoyed it more because of it though.

Pendo
08-21-2002, 03:31 PM
I didn't think we'd ever see Yoda duel, because back then I didn't know that all Jedi had to be skilled with a L-saber. I thought L-saber practice would be optional and as some Jedi study that, others focus more on the spiritual training and use of the force. I persumed Yoda was one of the Jedi who focused more on the force side than the Lightsaber.
Another reason why I never expected to see Yoda duel is because before Episode 1 I didn't think CGI could be used so much in a movie and never expected to see a puppet Yoda with a saber.

I think the Yoda duel is kinda cool though :D.

PENDO!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-21-2002, 03:38 PM
I kind of thought about it, but I never guaranteed myself anything about it . . . :D

KingOfSting
08-23-2002, 02:15 AM
i always believed that yoda would end up dueling the emperor during epsidoe 3 while obi wan and anakin had their duel...guess well just have to see if that actually happens...

bigbarada
08-23-2002, 02:10 PM
I never thought it would happen since animatronic or stop-motion technology would never have been able to pull it off. I didn't believe we would actually see him duel until just a few months before Ep2 was released.

Of course, the CG Yoda wasn't perfect but at least he looked cool while fighting. If he were done with the old obsolete methods he would have looked fake AND silly.

AreTwo-DeeTwo
08-23-2002, 10:48 PM
No, I thought they would just make Yoda walk around with the CG and maybe even run. I never really pictured him fighting the way he did. I thought at the most he would pick up someone else's lightsaber and maybe take a few whacks with it and that's it. I really loved the CG Yoda. In fact I think it was the best performance of any character in the Prequel Trilogy so far.

darthvyn
08-24-2002, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by KingOfSting
i always believed that yoda would end up dueling the emperor during epsidoe 3 while obi wan and anakin had their duel...guess well just have to see if that actually happens...

would lend a bit of weight to the line

"beware the powers of the emperor..."

now, wouldn't it? i think this would be cool...

Darth Marra 54
08-24-2002, 07:01 PM
I guaranteed myself that a Yoda battle scene would NEVER take place.
I thought it would be stupid and meanlingless to yes the master lay the law down thus it would never happen
Boy was I wrong!