PDA

View Full Version : which would u rescue?

aikman
08-21-2002, 03:41 PM
Your home is on fire, there is only time to save one figure (hypothetically) which do u grab on the way out the door.

Can be for any reason.

Mine is original han solo, sure they made better figs but that one would mean the most to me if it got destroyed.
Comments?

Beast
08-21-2002, 03:45 PM
Stupid question, because screw the figures. I would worry more about making sure that my pets and family were out of the house before I worried about toys. Star Wars figures can be replaced, a family member or a charished pet can't. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

aikman
08-21-2002, 03:46 PM
No charished things cant be replaced

jedihunter25
08-21-2002, 03:48 PM
As silly as this may sound- Bespin Luke & vader. Why- Because it's in my Diorama that took me 4 1/2 fustrating months to build that I would not want to build again.

Patient Zero
08-21-2002, 03:52 PM
Well, there are many other things that I would grab first (I even planned for this sort of thing and I have a big metal box with all of my writings in it and things I have collected from my travels around the world). However, if we are speaking about SW stuff, I would probably grab my ROTJ Japanese movie posters.

LTBasker
08-21-2002, 03:52 PM
Poodoo no, I'd go down with my figures! Mostly because I'm no where near an exit. :D

If you've got insurance, yes, they can all be replaced if you lost them, just gotta make sure your insurance would also cover those. ;)

OriginalBryGuy
08-21-2002, 03:55 PM
Stupid question, because screw the figures. I would worry more about making sure that my pets and family were out of the house before I worried about toys. Star Wars figures can be replaced, a family member or a charished pet can't.

I think saving pets, or family is obvious, but that wasn't his question. :rolleyes:

I'd grab my vintage yoda with brown snake MOC.

hango fett
08-21-2002, 06:15 PM
i'd grab my POTF2 sandtrooper, being that he is our most valuable....but if i could choose any other, it would be SAGA yoda.
h

macewindu87
08-21-2002, 06:24 PM
probably TA anakin(if I had it), but the most important thing would have to be my family, just like JJB said family can't be replaced.
mace

hango fett
08-21-2002, 06:27 PM
of course you would save your dog, right, macewindu87? that mean little dog that likes to scratch the living hell out of me every time i go to your house??????? if she were my dog i would save her too. oh, yeah, TA ani comes in second behind yoda. just can't replace a 2 foot green ninja goblin every day...
h
EDIT IN: just kidding, there, macewindu87.....

macewindu87
08-21-2002, 06:30 PM
hey! hango just because the dog doesn't like someone I wouldn't let her die even though she's a pain in the *** sometimes i still love her like the rest of the family.
mace

hango fett
08-21-2002, 06:33 PM
i was just kidding! see! i'll edit my post and say just kidding for future refrence.

Darth Sidious
08-21-2002, 06:41 PM
My Fambaa. Not too common, methinks. I love my Fambaa. :D Or my TIE Bomber. It's a tough choice.

hango fett
08-21-2002, 06:46 PM
TIE bomber! it jsut slooks so cool out of the pack!
h

Dar' Argol
08-21-2002, 06:50 PM
Since this is not Saga related I am moving it to General.

*POOF!*

darthvyn
08-21-2002, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Star Wars figures can be replaced, a family member or a charished pet can't. ;) :D

'specially if the family member or pet are MOC!!!!!!!:greedy: :greedy: :greedy:

Prince Xizor
08-21-2002, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by darthvyn

'specially if the family member or pet are MOC!!!!!!!:greedy: :greedy: :greedy:

lol

Nexu
08-21-2002, 09:47 PM
No problem, all of my figs are in a gallon-sized zip-lock bag, except for the couple that are on display, and right now it's the Acklay, Nexu, Goenosion w/ massif, and Shak Ti.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
08-21-2002, 09:48 PM
It would have to be my POF2 Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi figure, since it was my very first Star Wars figure.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-21-2002, 09:54 PM
Just one figure, tough . . .

I'd save my Commtech Hooded Leia because I had to crawl on my hands and knees through a desert, wade through the ocean, and climb a mountain to get it (okay not exactly, I had to drive 2 hours to Toronto).

Master Goeweins
08-21-2002, 10:51 PM
I know it's not a "figure," but I would grab my Millenium Falcon from when I was a kid. All my figures had adventures in there, including GI Joes. That thing can take any toy somewhere else!

QLD
08-21-2002, 10:57 PM
Last thing on my mind would be my SW figures.

plo koon 200
08-21-2002, 11:10 PM
I'm with QLD I could I would save my all of my writings that my Mom and I had saved up since I was in kindergarten. And let me tell you those cannot be replaced and then I would get my two cats.

Darth Vellner
08-21-2002, 11:24 PM
EASY for me........

My Custome Jar-Jar (@SS SANDWITCH)

*I wear him on a rope around my neck!!!!!!

jjreason
08-21-2002, 11:31 PM
Vintage Han with Trench coat. Wicked.

Big Chewie
08-22-2002, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Master Goeweins
I know it's not a "figure," but I would grab my Millenium Falcon from when I was a kid.

I'm with you on this.That is one of the few items I have left from when I was a kid.

Big Chewie

Patient Zero
08-22-2002, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by Darth Vellner
EASY for me........@SS SANDWITCH!!!!!!

I don't even think that I want to ask!:(

2-1B
08-22-2002, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by plo koon 200
I'm with QLD I could I would save my all of my writings that my Mom and I had saved up since I was in kindergarten. And let me tell you those cannot be replaced and then I would get my two cats.

The question was posed hypothetically - what figure would you take if you could only take one?

rynobot
08-22-2002, 04:21 AM
I'd take my Vintage ESB R2-D2 w/sensor scope MOC.

aikman
08-22-2002, 08:31 AM
Some cool answers, most of you understood what I was asking.
For arguments sake, dump the fire aspect.
New legislation states u can only own one item , whats it be?
(please no ''im going to congress to petition..."answers)

hango fett
08-22-2002, 08:51 AM
TA anikan because he is an AWSOME sculpt!!!
h

jeddah
08-22-2002, 01:03 PM
My Aluminium R2-D2 parts

jeddah

thespar
08-22-2002, 01:32 PM
that is a hard call but i might go with how ever i can grab first. put i might grab the Boba Fett 300th fig.

sith_killer_99
08-22-2002, 01:40 PM
How about this.....

You are being evicted from your house, and you can only take ONE Star Wars FIGURE (just 1 action figure)! What would it be?

OR

You come home and your wife is divorcing you, the cops say that you can only take 1 Star Wars figure with you.

OR

You are home alone and you accidentally flood the house. You have time to save one Star Wars action figure.

OR

If you could keep only 1 Star Wars action figure, which one would it be?

OR

lol

But seriously, It took me about 3 years to get my Freeze Frame Sandtrooper. I actually ended up paying about $8.57 for it (long story). I used to look them up all the time on ebay. There was NO WAY that I would pay $100.00 for an action figure. For years I would go to ebay and type in Freeze Frame Sandtrooper. Then I would watch as anywhere from 0-3 of them would pop-up. I watched them go for $75.00-$120.00!

So, given my patients and the LONG years of waiting, I will have to say...

If I had to give-up all of my SW stuff, except 1 figure, I would keep my Freeze Frame Sandtrooper (MOMC).;)

Jargo
08-22-2002, 04:16 PM
Easy one this, the Nexu. It says my name so how could I not grab that first? Matter of fact I already put it right at the front of the shelving unit so I can just reach out and grab it should the unthinkable happen in any way. The rest of it is just plastic. Plastic can be replaced any time. There's always someone willing to sell....... :evil:

bigbarada
08-23-2002, 02:48 AM
Depends, does this fire take place before or after Ephant Mon is released?;)

If it happened tonight, I would grab my Removable Helmet Vader. I wanted him made when I was a kid and he is still my all-time favorite figure (until Ephant Mon, at least - who I've wanted for just as long).

SWAFMAN
08-23-2002, 04:51 PM
well, assuming all the really important people/things were already safe, and I had a safe chance to go back in and grab ONE collectible, it'd probably be my AF e-wing. Not 'cuz I like it so much, but since some moron just paid $500+ for one on eBay last week, I figure I'd sell it and replace a couple dozen of my other AFs with the money.

But, since my collection is on the third floor of my house, there's virtually NO way I'd ever get all the way up there and back out alive in a fire. I really do need to get one of those chain ladders to go out the window up here. It's a deadly drop out the window to the back yard, and not much better out the front or sides.

Darth Sidious
08-23-2002, 06:11 PM
Now I know which one I'd save. A tornado went through my yard recently and (After getting my pets to safety) I rushed up and grabbed my TIE Bomber. So that is the one I'd save. :D

Obi-Don
08-24-2002, 04:05 AM
I have only one figure from when I was a kid. Bespin Luke with yellow hair. That would be the figure I would get.

Wookiee
08-26-2002, 08:34 AM
I'd just grab my Action Fleet E-wing, then I could sell it on E-bay for $510 and replace most of my entire collection.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1758236053

Eternal Padawan
08-26-2002, 09:14 AM
I have so much SW swag hidden in every nook and cranny of my pad, the sheer volume of it would send me into a delusional spiral of panic and I would probably end up going up in flames with all of my stuff, silently whimpering that none of it could be saved by the ravages of the flames.

ONE FREAKIN FIGURE?!?! I suppose there's a vintage Jawa missing an arm sitting on my desk, right by the door. I'd grab him on the way out...

ROLLO!