PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on ultimate pack-ins.

plo koon 200
08-21-2002, 04:57 PM
What if say an Anakin child figure came with a stand, commtech chip, Freeze Frame, Bonus figure, and Micro Machine. Would you more likely buy it. And lets say that Dexter just came with a stand and a regular figure might come with a Micro Machine like the Jorg and a stand. What pack ins should come with what figures and what pack ins would you actually care for. To tell you the truth I think it would be cool to get a stand with each figure and occasionaly a Micro Machine and if it is a small guy like a podracer and additonal bonus figure. What do you guys think.

Darth Vellner
08-21-2002, 05:06 PM
Yes for Stands
No for Micro-Machines
Yes for Bonus FigureS

Could include things like what came with; Vader(bespen)-Luke(bespen)-Teemo-Padme-....that would be cool!

LTBasker
08-21-2002, 05:36 PM
Wouldn't mind stands, or bonus figures like Pit Droids or something. I definitely wouldn't want micro-machines packed with figures, I want those to be in their own line for their own uniqueness instead of having to buy the figure just to get the micro. Plus it's kinda of a waste since they can't interact with a micro-machine.

I'd also rather see misc pack-in stuff like crates, consoles, etc.

Lord Tenebrous
08-21-2002, 05:43 PM
The Micromachines are a nice addition for Alliance Pilots (edit: or a TIE Fighter to fill up space with a re-released Imperial Officer), as they usually just come with a helmet (and a blaster, if you're lucky). Holograms are a nice bubble-filler for Senators and Jedi, who traditionally come with little extra. Stands/bases are good if you really need them to support the figure (like the upcoming Watto and Aayla - and would have been nice for Jango Pilot)

Hasbro just has to be generous, and in some cases creative (like the new Padme's communication tower, or Lott's borrowed Sidious hologram)

Sinister Lord
08-21-2002, 05:55 PM
I like to see figure stands... that would be great. Perhaps like the transparent circular ones from the fan club... Those hold the figure in place very well, with two foot pegs.

Darth Sidious
08-21-2002, 06:51 PM
Yes...Get rid of the gimmicks and use the saved money for stands and stuff, I'd like that. That was one nice thing about CTCs, they doubled as stands. I miss them...

Prince Xizor
08-21-2002, 09:38 PM
Stands. Stands. And Stands.

And maybe a stand or 2.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
08-21-2002, 09:52 PM
I wouldn't mind a few extra pack-ins.:)

plo koon 200
08-21-2002, 10:24 PM
What about miny interior to vehicles or many playsets kind of like the cantina Wal-Mart sets but better?

Mandalorian Candidat
08-22-2002, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by plo koon 200
What if say an Anakin child figure came with a stand, commtech chip, Freeze Frame, Bonus figure, and Micro Machine. Would you more likely buy it. And lets say that Dexter just came with a stand and a regular figure might come with a Micro Machine like the Jorg and a stand. What pack ins should come with what figures and what pack ins would you actually care for. To tell you the truth I think it would be cool to get a stand with each figure and occasionaly a Micro Machine and if it is a small guy like a podracer and additonal bonus figure. What do you guys think.

I like the idea of returning to CTs and/or including a stand with each figure, but this idea of the deluxe bonus packin deal with the micro machine sounds very close to the EP1 trophy line which failed miserably.

I would gladly welcome solely the inclusion of a stand in each bubble as an improvement to the line.

pthfnder89
08-22-2002, 12:03 PM
I like the idea of stands, but only if they are very thin. I never liked the commtech chips as stands because I didn't like my figures standing up on this brick looking thing.

I'm with Lord Tenebrous though. The best thing Hasbro could pack with their figures are great accessories, just like they've been doing with the Saga line. Padme Pilot, Teemto, Red Clonetrooper, Chewie Bespin, Luke and Vader Bespin etc... These are just fantastic accessories, even the ones that aren't seen in the movie are well designed and a very nice touch.

Keep it up Hasbro! :)