PDA

View Full Version : Any News on Concept Stormie

Sidiously Darth
08-21-2002, 08:53 PM
After all the scandalous cheating and hoopla over Fan Choice Poll #4, what's the latest? This poll created a mighty divide amongst the collector community here and now nothing. This crazed issue burned out quickly.:rolleyes:

LTBasker
08-21-2002, 09:02 PM
Latest? He's small, he's white, he's not a frickin' clone! Ok I admit it, there is no news.. it's a lost cause! :cry: Settling down, most likely we'll see news in Dec/Jan or something like that, maybe we'll have to wait till Toy Fair for early pictures or just for news...hope not though. I want this to get over and done with instead of being a long dragging-on pain. ;)

Lord Tenebrous
08-21-2002, 10:26 PM
I have a feeling that Hasbro's still waiting to evaluate the damage from this year. Each store around here has roughly $300 in April-June basic figures that aren't selling. Surplus, and we're back to the 'Episode 1' timeframe.

Normally, I'd assume the Stormtrooper would be scheduled for Fall 2003, but the line might stall before that. So I would say we still have 15-30 months before we see him, depending on market conditions. :)

Prince Xizor
08-21-2002, 10:29 PM
15 to 30 months? I can hardly wait now, never mind 2 years from now....

Beast
08-21-2002, 10:38 PM
I don't think it's going to be that long, Lord Tenebrous. But I don't think we'll see it until Fall/Winter of 2003. But Hasbro did say it was coming next year. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Tenebrous
08-21-2002, 10:55 PM
Mom always said, if you're going to speculate, speculate big! :D

But on a more serious note, if the line isn't doing well in stores, I'm sure the Stormtrooper will still be available, possibly through the Fan Club. Or they might overhaul it and release it early. This is the one 2003 figure that I know isn't going to be shelved, even if the Saga line has a hiatus.

So just be patient, and play the waiting game with 2002 figures first. :)

hango fett
08-22-2002, 09:00 AM
i hope they get him out soon, because he looks pretty cool! can't wait!
h

macewindu87
08-22-2002, 09:17 AM
yeah he does look pretty cool can't wait.
mace

Mandalorian Candidat
08-22-2002, 11:45 AM
I'm still holding true to my prediction that the concept stormie will be the 400th or 500th (or whatever number Kenner/Hasbro is on) specially packaged figure like the LE Boba Fett

SNAYSON
08-22-2002, 12:31 PM
i was for the concept stormtrooper and i still am. i can't wait for that figure to come out.

pthfnder89
08-22-2002, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by SNAYSON
i was for the concept stormtrooper and i still am. i can't wait for that figure to come out.

Well said SNAYSON! :)

I was all for the Concept Stormie and I still am. I'm really hoping that we'll see him by about next Spring/Summer (which is consistent with the timeframes of the previous Fan Choice figs)

Darth Vellner
08-22-2002, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
I'm still holding true to my prediction that the concept stormie will be the 400th or 500th (or whatever number Kenner/Hasbro is on) specially packaged figure like the LE Boba Fett

I don't think so.....We have seen a "Concept" Qui-gon,2 Obi-wans and 3 Mauls so I don't think they will make the Concept Stormie a big deal....thats just me!
:crazed: But, I'm CRAZY!:crazed:

[edit]-Does anyone have a picture(of Con.Stormie) they can post?

Mandalorian Candidat
08-22-2002, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Darth Vellner

I don't think so.....We have seen a "Concept" Qui-gon,2 Obi-wans and 3 Mauls so I don't think they will make the Concept Stormie a big deal....thats just me!
:crazed: But, I'm CRAZY!:crazed:

[edit]-Does anyone have a picture(of Con.Stormie) they can post?

Why wouldn't Hasbro make the Concept Stormie? It officially won the fan poll #4 and they've made the previous three fan favorites.

Darth Vellner
08-22-2002, 03:54 PM
**Mandalorian Candidat**
**Please re-read my post**
I dont think they will make it a "BIG DEAL".........
I know they WILL make it
I dont think it will have Fancy Packaging - thats all
**please re-read my post**