PDA

View Full Version : Imperial Shuttle petition

Wooooof
10-21-2001, 02:48 AM
Sure the Imperial Shuttle seems like a no-brainer; but just when is Hasbro planning on releasing it? I say they should release it as soon as possible, namely immediately after the EP2 craze next year. (since so much neo-classic stuff is getting delayed it seems a little unrealistic to demand one right now)

Anybody else want to light a fire under Hasbro to get them moving on this thing?

Eternal Padawan
10-21-2001, 11:39 AM
Patience, my young padawa..er...Moisture Farmer...(yeesh)

Everybody wants everything they don't have RIGHT NOW!!!! I suggest you just relax and realize that Hasbro will eventually make every ship and every character into a toy...eventually.

Wooooof
10-21-2001, 03:25 PM
But I want it now! not tomorrow! not the next day, or two days after that; but NOW, NOW, NOW!!!!!!

(See, kids this is what happens when you don't take your Prozac.):D

bigbarada
10-21-2001, 10:18 PM
I would happily buy an Imperial Shuttle instead of a bunch of Ep2 toys, but I know that won't happen. So, I only hope that Hasbro will release this thing sometime between Ep2 and 3.

GNT
10-22-2001, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
Everybody wants everything they don't have RIGHT NOW!!!! I suggest you just relax and realize that Hasbro will eventually make every ship and every character into a toy...eventually.

Notice the word "eventually" ;) Hasbro still has the rights for another 7 years and I bet it'll be made by then!

Eternal Padawan
10-22-2001, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Wooooof
But I want it now! not tomorrow! not the next day, or two days after that; but NOW, NOW, NOW!!!!!!

(See, kids this is what happens when you don't take your Prozac.):D

<<grabs Woooooooooooooooooooooof by the collar and starts slapping him>>>>>>

"Calm down man! For god's sakes, get a grip!!!"

evenflow
10-22-2001, 05:56 PM
I am saying that I think Hasbro will eventually make it. The sooner the better yes, but i think it will eventually be made. I hope that some Imperial Dignitaries are included. :)

Jargo
10-22-2001, 06:28 PM
Yes, welease woger! :)

I'm all for the shuttle being re-released as long as they fix the landing gear so that it's more movie authentic. But if they don't I can live with it just to have the Emperor bang his head on the way to low undercarriage. :)

Actually while they're at it, they could release an Imperial landing craft to complete the set. Now that would be cool. :D :p

Wooooof
10-22-2001, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
<<grabs Woooooooooooooooooooooof by the collar and starts slapping him>>>>>>

"Calm down man! For god's sakes, get a grip!!!"

Thanks Eternal Padawan, I feel much better now. :D

Lobito
10-22-2001, 10:26 PM
Ok, here's my vote for the Imperial shuttle!:)

GNT
10-23-2001, 06:42 AM
This is the BEST Imperial Shuttle "petition" I've seen in a while, remember Hasbro said that if it was to be made again it would have a $100 pricetag and would have to be a store exclusive!

bigbarada
10-25-2001, 12:08 AM
I've decided not to wait any longer and go ahead and invest in a vintage Imperial Shuttle. It'll be a little bit of a strain on the pocketbook but I think it'll be worth it. However, if Hasbro announces that the Imperial Shuttle will be rereleased anytime between now and Ep2's release then I am going to be pretty POed.:mad:

Eternal Padawan
10-25-2001, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by GNT
This is the BEST Imperial Shuttle "petition" I've seen in a while, remember Hasbro said that if it was to be made again it would have a $100 pricetag and would have to be a store exclusive!

What was the last vehicle you remember that WASN'T an exclusive?

Damn Hasbro:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

evenflow
10-25-2001, 09:31 AM
I don't think the price will be much of a problem. We wil all dish out the money for it, as long as some Dignitaries are included. ;)

Jargo
10-25-2001, 06:53 PM
Was that "we'll all dish out for it if dignitaries are included", or "we'll all dish out for it". With a personal wish for dignitaries to be included?

Hell boy! I'll buy it if it comes in a black polythene bag with nothing but blown rice pellets as pack ins. :) Less gimmicks = less price. Hopefully.... :rolleyes:

Wooooof
10-25-2001, 07:22 PM
It is now 25 Oct 2001, 5:15 PM and I STILL want an Imperial Shuttle.

But no rush Hasbro. Really.:rolleyes:

Anybody wanna loan me $700 for a boxed, vintage one? I'm good for it! Honest! Look at me, does this face lie?:)

Dferguson
10-28-2001, 05:29 AM
while we are on Imperial Shuttles I dont have many vechiles and I would LOVE to have a Imperial Shuttle and does anyone know where I can buy a Vintage Shuttle on the net and how much it would cost?

heres hoping Hasbro gets a clue and rereleases it:o

bigbarada
10-28-2001, 03:10 PM
If you go to Brian's Toys website, they sell loose C-8.5 Shuttles for $375. MISB Shuttles range from $650-$800 on that site.

You could also try e-bay, but chances of finding a complete/mint one are fairly slim right now.

eurotoys.com has a loose C-8.5 Shuttle for $300; but they are in the Netherlands so shipping could get pricey.

sith_killer_99
10-29-2001, 07:11 AM
Well, considering that the price difference is $75.00 I would think that eurotoys is your best bet.

Besides, I ALWAYS go for the lower price. Even if I have to pay more for shipping. It's just my way of telling sellers/retailers that I will not pay outrageous prices!

Heck, I'll even drive an extra 10-20 miles to buy new stuff for 50 cents cheaper. Wal-Mart gets ALOT of my business for newer figs. Lately however, K-Mart and Wal-Mart seem to have the same price on figs.

Anywho, back to the shuttle! I can just see it.....

4 YEARS FROM NOW...

I'll take 1 please!:)

What do you mean "this store dosen't have any."?:(

Target Exclusive you say.:eek:

20 min. later...

Hello, Target toy department.

Yes, do you have any Imperial Shuttles?

Oh, I'm sorry, some guy just came in here and bought the last 12 we had.

The last 12? How many did you get?:confused:

12:D

Well, do you know when you will be getting more in?:rolleyes:

Sure........NEVER.........it's an Exclusive you know.;)

Yeah, I know.:(

If you like I could talk to the guy who bought the last 12 we had.
He's a friend of mine.He runs this on-line Star Wars business out of his garage. I'm sure he's let you have one at only 300% mark-up.:D

Um, no thanks.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

JediKnightBai
10-30-2001, 09:42 AM
I'm sure Hasbro will *someday*make a Imperial Shuttle.We just have to give them time to make all the new stuff,then they will start caring about the old items again :confused:

bigbarada
10-30-2001, 07:45 PM
In regards to the pack-in figure, here are the possible choices:

Imperial Dignitary
The Emperor
Emperor's Royal Guard
Imperial Officer (Pilot)
Darth Vader
Han Solo Endor
Chewbacca
Leia Endor
Luke Endor

Given that Hasbro has existing sculpts for all but the Imperial Dignitary and given Hasbro's recent track record for pack-ins (read: crap) then I think it is likely that one of those be included with the Shuttle.

The Emperor would probably be the most likely choice since he's still a pegwarmer to this day so you know Hasbro has tons of him hanging around. The POTF2 Royal Guard would be a horrible slap in the face to SWAF collectors everywhere if included as a pack-in, so don't even try it Hasbro unless you're willing to give us a cloth cape and an entirely new sculpt. On second thought, forget that since it would make it nearly impossible to buy more than one Royal Guard.

Or maybe Hasbro could throw us all for a loop and include a Bothan Spy as a pack-in.:D

Jargo
10-30-2001, 10:01 PM
It'll be the Imperial officer. I don't have the vintage shuttle nor do I have pics of the inside of the cockpit but it's a fair guess that the seatsare fairly flat to the floor of the cockpit. This meands we'll get the promised second version of the Imperial officer with knee articulation that is weak and wobblt so he can't stand up and sits awkwardly. Or there just won't be a pack-in like the potf millenium falcon.

I'd rather not have a pack-in to keep the cost down. These 'excellent quality' 'exclusive' pack-in figures really must cost a fortune to produce if they make the cost of the vehicles rise so high. Oh to be a toy manufacturer................ :rolleyes:

Dark Knight
11-19-2001, 12:50 AM
If hasbro re-release the imperial shuttle it would be so d@mn cool.

Keep looking on E-bay and other online sources for the Vintage Imperial Shuttle. I find one the other day on E-bay w/ Box, instruction, complete, and shipping for under $85 (USA).

bigbarada
12-09-2001, 08:55 PM
As having just recently lost patience and purchased a vintage Shuttle I have a few suggestions for Hasbro for when they release a new version.

Electronics: spare no expense and fill it with flyby sounds, lasers and voices from the film. We already know your gonna charge us $100 for it so why not make it worth our while? One set of voices could recreate the pilots requesting clearance at the beginning of ROTJ and another could recreate the cockpit discussion between the rebels on their way to Endor.

Fix the rotating cannons at the base of each wing. They loosen up too easily so maybe create a mechanism inside to tighten them up a little, or shrink down the square gap they connect through so it "grabs" them better.

Paint Job: don't go overboard with the weathering and battle scars especially considering each shuttle we saw in ROTJ and ESB:SE was in pretty much pristine condition. Include a grey nose stripe sticker so, if we choose to, we can make it the Emperor's Shuttle; but please don't make that choice for us. There were three Shuttle's used in the films: Vader's, The Emperor's and the stolen Shuttle Tydirium. Give us the ability to choose which one we want represented.

Exclusive figures: get the already released Imperial Officer, make two new, decent head sculpts and include both of them (much like the AT-AT). Please don't include the Imperial Dignitary as the pack in figures released thus far have been disappointing at best. Give us high quality carded versions of the Dignitaries. However, if you don't plan on putting any effort into the pack-in figures then please don't bother.

Don't go crazy with bright green shooting missiles and "play-features" that just detract from the overall look of the toy. The Imperial Shuttle is the most accurate, highest quality vehicle from the vintage line, so please don't go screwing it up.

Not that I have this problem but the ratchet system that is used to lower the wings is fragile and wears out quickly. Maybe a better way can be devised to accomplish this.

Other than that, I think the Shuttle would sell like hotcakes even in this Ep2 year.

GNT
12-10-2001, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by Wooooof
Anybody wanna loan me $700 for a boxed, vintage one? I'm good for it! Honest! Look at me, does this face lie?:)

Sure Wooooof I'll give you $700 for an Imperial Shuttle ;) Although in return I would like your Star Wars collection (all of it),your car(if you have one) and your house,thats all I want in return :)! ;) :rolleyes:

Obi-Don
12-11-2001, 10:03 AM
GNT,you forgot the first born too. No,it would get the collection anyway so forget that.Just take everything else.:D

Lobito
03-20-2002, 08:31 PM
Hopefully they will make this one for C'tmas...even the Tie Bomber has been made, so again...Hasbro give us the Imperial Shuttle!!!

SithDroid
03-20-2002, 09:26 PM
I'll agree. We need an Imperial Shuttle. If rumors are true, then one should be coming later this year. Hopefully at a decent price.

El Chuxter
03-21-2002, 01:49 PM
I've heard from a few folks that we are getting a new Shuttle in the next couple of months. . . as a FAO exclusive.

NOOOOOOOOO! It's not true! That's impossible!

Apparently FAO is already taking pre-orders but doesn't know the price yet. Let's see, take vintage price, account for inflation, then--it being FAO and all--more than double it. This could get scary. :(

Rollo Tomassi
03-23-2002, 05:42 PM
Okay, we're getting a shuttle. At least, Hasbro is MAKING a shuttle. Whether or not any of us is lucky enough to find one is a different matter, but that's NOT what I'm here to talk about. We've been clamoring for a shuttle for so long, now that it's gettin' made, we need to clamor for something else!

Low End ($10-25)

Rebel Transporter carts. Like the ones Han was unlading at Yavin and all the pilots rode to the hangar on. A few showed up at Echo base and Home One also. LEGO made one with the X-Wing and I think Hasbro could take a cue from them.

Lars family speeder (and yellow Mos Eisley variant). These nifty little craft look pretty cool and wouldn't cost much to make.

Escape Pod. maybe it could come with (ULP!:eek:) resculpted R2 and 3PO...

Mid Priced($25-40)

Gian Speeder. The better looking of the two Naboo groundcraft, especially if you've got that shiny gunmetal look to it like the Galoob one did.

Cloud Car w/pilot. Reuse the old sculpt with a little better detailing.

Podracers. What good's a podrace with only Anakin and Sebulba? And what good are podracer figures like Gasgano and Ody Mandrell without pods to put them in?

Higher Priced($40-$60)

SITH INFILTRATOR. C'mon Hasbro.....C'mon.:(

Collector Priced($60-$100+)

Rebel Transport. Reuse the vintage carrying case style molds.

Sandcrawler. Everybody wants a Sandcrawler!

Sail Barge. The Pipe Dream. A completely new sculpt of an expensive, large, playset/vehicle. Good luck getting Hasbro to deal with this one...

jedihunter25
03-23-2002, 11:10 PM
I also heard rumors that the Imperial Shuttle is going to be an FAO exclusive. As far as taking pre-orders, I tried calling the FAO here in Las Vegas and they know nothing about it. As far as the information that I know about it now, when it is availible you will be able to order it off the FAO website and it looks like it will be availble in the fall. They have more info on it at rebelscum.com

Lobito
03-25-2002, 06:34 PM
Rebel Transport, Sandcrawler, Sail Barge and Escape pod. Yep, i forgot we wanted these toys made. It's been soooo long since we asked for them that we gave out hope. But now...we are hoping again, if they make the Shuttle, anything's possible!!:D

jedi_uk73
03-26-2002, 02:04 PM
Please Hasbro, make the Imperial Shuttle.

I have heard rumors that it may not happen because of the high price, and may be a selling flop like the POTF2 AT-AT. I DON'T CARE.

The original Shuttle was so blooming rare, and now so expensive that people can't really afford a boxed one, and due to the rarity of the vintage version, a new version will be a great hit.

I hope it's not made as a store exclusive as it it very hard to get those kind of things in the UK. And even more expensive.

Come on Hasbro, let the UK have a chance.

billfremore
03-26-2002, 02:19 PM
Hey how about making the shuttle an exclusive at one major chain in every country?

Nah that would never work. It makes sense and would make collectors everywhere happy.
Hasbro doesn't want that. :D ;)

DarthMaulSithLord
03-28-2002, 05:59 AM
Hasbro should distribute their full Star Wars line all over the world and balance out the prices. If ToyBiz can do it, then Hasbro can do it too!

:)