PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Star Wars Collector contest

JediGoofy
08-22-2002, 06:51 AM
Hi guys,
I was wondering if any of you is going to enter the Hasbro contest for the Ultimate Star Wars Collector. :cool:

Rules say the collection can include "Galoob-branded items" (so it is not just an action figure affair!).

I do not think a MM/AF collection can have a chance to win, but at least we could show to Hasbro there are exceptional collectors also in our field. :D

I saw pictures of the shelves full of boxes in R2 basement, B'jr's MM paved floor, Swaffy's Action Fleet wall. And, even if I do not know personally, I am also thinking to Baal's massive collection, vt's display of his own collection artistically divided by seasons colours, and s43's recognized professional collection. :crazed:
(The contest is open only to US residents, so the impressive MM collection of bc3 will not be allowed! :( )

Well, I think all these collections (and all the others I do not know) are worth to be showed to Hasbro, in order to let them know MM and AF are alive and kicking! :happy:

What do you think?

Ciao,
JediGoofy

vulcantouch
08-22-2002, 12:04 PM
also, i imagine they'd insist we separate our sw items from any other franchises. i for one would never do That :p

jeddah
08-22-2002, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by JediGoofy

I do not think a MM/AF collection can have a chance to win, but at least we could show to Hasbro there are exceptional collectors also in our field. :D

By George, I think he's got it! ;) I think JG may have a point, if we sent in photos of exclusively-AF/MM product collections, it may pique the interest of the more nause-y of the Hasbro collective. I'm up for it!

non?

jeddah

SWAFMAN
08-22-2002, 02:03 PM
some of the 3-3/4" figure collections I've seen from members of other SSG forums are pretty darn huge. I'd say many of them blow away anything anyone here has, at least in quantity (except for B'jr). But I like the idea of at least showing hasbro that there are some folks who collect something other than the figures.

LTBasker
08-22-2002, 02:10 PM
I think that has to do with the fact that Hasbro mistreated the MM's, Swaffy. :frus: If they were still releasing them in the 3 packs I'm sure there would be some very good sized MM collections, and of course B'Jr and Baal would need acre size buildings. :D

Plus figures collection also look better just because they're bigger than Micros.

I would like to see Hasbro Reps' faces if they were to see an MM collection with underproduced and unreleased items. :D

JediGoofy
08-23-2002, 04:20 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
I would like to see Hasbro Reps' faces if they were to see an MM collection with underproduced and unreleased items. :D

Or if they were to see MM or AF incredible customs (SW and ST) some of us created, showing all the possibilities they are missing! :)

Eh?
JediGoofy