PDA

View Full Version : More New 2003 Figures!!!

OCB
08-22-2002, 08:11 AM
Rebelscum is reporting...

Anakin Skywalker (from Wedding Scene, with mechanical arm and super articulation)

ROTJ Boba Fett (from Jabba's Palace with quick draw action)

Flying R2-D2 (from Geonosian battle droid factory)

Deluxe Force Power Obi-Wan Kenobi (Kamino)

Deluxe Flying Jango Fett (Kamino)

Speeder assortment (Owen's Swoop and Dooku's Speeder?)

Scene Selection (Commtech Luke and Han Stormtroopers, Obi-Wan and Jango Fett Kamino Battle)

http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=9711

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
08-22-2002, 08:24 AM
Anakin w/ super articulation?! Finally! A new Luke and Han Stormtrooper? About time!

macewindu87
08-22-2002, 08:29 AM
flying R-2 sounds al right but anakin with super articulation is awesome.
mace

hango fett
08-22-2002, 08:37 AM
great! can't wait till 2003!
h

Max Power
08-22-2002, 08:39 AM
[i]
Anakin Skywalker (from Wedding Scene, with mechanical arm and super articulation)

ROTJ Boba Fett (from Jabba's Palace with quick draw action)

Flying R2-D2 (from Geonosian battle droid factory)

Deluxe Force Power Obi-Wan Kenobi (Kamino)

Deluxe Flying Jango Fett (Kamino)

Speeder assortment (Owen's Swoop and Dooku's Speeder?)

Scene Selection (Commtech Luke and Han Stormtroopers, Obi-Wan and Jango Fett Kamino Battle)
[/B]

*sigh*

I like new figures as much as anyone else, but ugh.

The return of "Cinema Scenes" with the Scene Selection series only to get our 3rd Han Stormtrooper and 4th Luke stormtrooper? Whip-pid-dee-do!

And the Kamino Battle Pack better have a "wet-look" Obi-Wan or it's useless too IMHO.

And more deluxe crap... How many versions of Obi-Wan and Jango do we need?

At least I've got little R2, a NEW Fett and Anakin to look forward to... and those speeders might not be too bad depending on price range and potential pack-in figures.

Max Power
"Save me Jeebus!"

LTBasker
08-22-2002, 08:47 AM
Why would a wedding scene Anakin need super articulation... if it was honeymoon Anakin then yeah that's understandable but wedding scene? All they did was kiss and hold hands.

Hopefully R2 w/ boosters will be better than the E1 version which while it was a cool figure, the boosters were too flimsy.

hango fett
08-22-2002, 08:50 AM
honeymoon anikan.....that would be funny! but all in all they seem to be good figures if hasbro doesn't screw something up....
h

The True Maul
08-22-2002, 09:09 AM
That would be funny can't wait to see the pics for the figures.:)

SirSteve
08-22-2002, 09:49 AM
These are coming in from wholesalers list and until I get confirmation of them, I don't want to start rumors.

Prince Xizor
08-22-2002, 09:59 AM
Gee, I can't wait to see the super awesome "flying" ability of the new deluxe Jango.:rolleyes:

Mandalorian Candidat
08-22-2002, 10:27 AM
Cinema scene, scene selection...

Different names for the same thing. Why call it something different. It's not like the general non-collecting populace is going to see the package and say, "I'm not buying it because it's one of those crummy Cinema Scenes." :rolleyes:

The new ROTJ Boba sounds kind of cool. I like my Han and Zam with the quick-draw mcgraw action too so he'll fit in nicely. Too bad it's not a CT figure. I'd love to have a Sarlaac belch sound FX.

JEDIpartner
08-22-2002, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by Prince Xizor
Gee, I can't wait to see the super awesome "flying" ability of the new deluxe Jango.:rolleyes:

It'll probably be based off of the "flying" feature of the vintage Boba Fett 12".

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-22-2002, 10:48 AM
Okay, now I really want to win the ultimate collector prize . . .
*Anakin (Wedding) - We finally get a new Anakin with good articulation and a funky hand!
*Boba Fett (Palace) - They better not sculpt him with everything flipped, like it was in the quick-draw scene. But finally, an ROTJ Boba that probably won't look like crap!
*Flying R2-D2 - Could and probably will be cool, if they give him rockets in the right place and effects to come out of the rockets.
*Obi-Wan (Kamino) - A (most likely) wet Obi-Wan with part of the Kamino platform (if he's anything like the Force powers Yoda figure).
*Jango (Kamino) - What we really need is a non-armored Jango, but oh well. Maybe he'll have a base that can connect to Obi-Wan's.
*Swoops are good, if they have a figure with them. Another robed Anakin is good, especially because this one would have a normal hand. And the Dooku speeder would have a bendy-knees, (probably) cloth-caped Dooku, great for scenes with the separatists! Now, we just need the separatists . . .
*Yippee!!! A Luke and Han in Commtech stormie bodies! But then there's the Kamino battle one . . . why? I'll have to see about that one.
They all sound good, come on 2003!

patchiswelsh
08-22-2002, 11:36 AM
ahhhhh, where are the jedi???

Beast
08-22-2002, 11:59 AM
Anakin: Wedding Scene - Well, it specifically mentions Anakin's mechanical arm, so maybe it will be an interchangable arm. That way you can use him in other scenes besides the wedding. They should have put him in one of the "Scene Selection" packs w/ Wedding Gown Padme though. That would have made alot more sense. :)

Boba Fett: Jabba's Palace - We sure called that one, didn't we. But if they do it like Zam's, I have no complaints. That or Han's, but I never want to see the crappy version from Padme on any figure ever again. :(

R2-D2 w/ Booster Rockets - Hasbro had already announced this figure at Celebration 2. It was one of the figures they said was upcoming along with a new highly articulated Padme: Arena. :)

Deluxe Obi-Wan/Jango: Kamino - Not sure what to say about these. The name is kind of vague, so I will have to wait and see what they look like until I make a decison on what I think of them. If Obi-Wan's Force Power and Jango's flying action is cool, I will enjoy them. :)

Cool, Owen's Swoop and Dooku's Speeder. I knew that they were in the works. Now the big question is if they are going to actually be boxed, or become another release in the deluxe line. If the CloneTrooper w/ Speederbike can fit in the Deluxe line, these should be able to as well. :)

Cool, can't wait for the new 2-packs. The Han and Luke Stormies are sorely needed. The original versions look horrible standing next to the new Commtech versions of the Troopers. Hopefully they actually modify the body for Luke, so that it's a bit shorter then Han's. The Obi-Wan and Jango: Kamino sound good. Hopefully it will have the wet look outfit that Tycho and others have been asking for. Can't wait to see these.

All in all, it's a nice list with some much needed charecters and re-sculpts. But we need some new things as well, where is the delayed Wat Tambor and Nute Gunray: Holographic. Come on Hasbro, don't fail me now. You are doing so well. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

pthfnder89
08-22-2002, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Cool, Owen's Swoop and Dooku's Speeder. I knew that they were in the works. Now the big question is if they are going to actually be boxed, or become another release in the deluxe line. If the CloneTrooper w/ Speederbike can fit in the Deluxe line, these should be able to as well. :)

Well I'm guessing they would be released in the Deluxe line, if they aren't very complicated vehicles. Hasbro seems to be excited about the success of the Saga Deluxe line where all the others have failed, and they seem to want to keep moving forward with it.

I'm excited about the prospect of many of these, but I'll wait for some sort of official confirmation before I drool too much.

The figure that catches my eye the most is the new Anakin. I don't mind the thought of a Wedding Anakin with a mechanical hand (although I do like JarJar's idea of interchangable hands) but it's strange that hje's the first to come with a cloak. They should have given one to TA Anakin.

LTBasker
08-22-2002, 12:26 PM
Groomed Anakin Skywalker - How about a non gimmickized Jedi Anakin instead. ;)

ROTJ Boba Fett - Quick Draw? POTF2 Fett still prevails. :rolleyes:

Flying R2-D2 - Like I said, I just hope they have some good plans for it lined up, like removeable rockets with replaceable leg pieces and of course a working third leg.

Deluxe Force Power Obi-Wan Kenobi (Kamino) - But we've already got Force Power Obi-Wan, it was Coruscant Chase Obi-Wan. 'Course this is a deluxe so I guess that means a bigger magnet.

Deluxe Flying Jango Fett (Kamino) - I don't need no deluxe for that.. *throws a bunch of Jangy Fett figures in the air*

Speeder assortment (Owen's Swoop and Dooku's Speeder?) - REALLY hope they don't try make the figures able to force flip off them like Maul did in E1. :eek:

(Commtech Luke and Han Stormtroopers, Obi-Wan and Jango Fett Kamino Battle) - Han and Luke we need, but we've already got Kamino Escape Jango! Well if they don't have gimmicks then I guess it's a good addition.

The Han and Luke Stormies are sorely needed. The original versions look horrible standing next to the new Commtech versions of the Troopers. Hopefully they actually modify the body for Luke, so that it's a bit shorter then Han's.

But if the stormtroopers are all clones of Jango, they can't be different sizes, Luke'll just have to grow up. :p (Yes I'm being sarcastic)

sith_killer_99
08-22-2002, 12:28 PM
I don't think these will be Cinema Scenes! They seem to be doing 2-pks. It's a MUCH better idea if you ask me. They can market them for $10-$12 each sell 'em at a REASONABLE price, and these should move pretty quick.

I love my Masters of the Darkside 2-pk and wish they had done more!

As for the new stuff:

Anakin with mechano arm. Sounds good, and articulation is always a plus in my eyes.

Boba Fett (ROTJ) with quick-draw action? Looks like yet another SAGA figure for me to pass up. I hate these gimmicks, they are killing the line IMO. This figure will have to be KICK-***** for me to buy. And even then he will remain in that little plastic prison.

R2-D2 with booster rockets? Another R2-D2...ummm. Maybe...I'll have to wait and see before I decide.

Deluxe figures? I have passed on most of the deluxe line lately. The 23rd release was a BIG disappointment. The only ones I have seen that I like are slice and dice Geo Warrior (the Anakin was lame) and Yoda.

Speeder Assortment looks promising. Clone Trooper with removable helmet! Again, I will have to wait and see with the others.

I will most likely get the 2-pks. I have been waiting for Han and Luke with the CT Stormtrooper bodies. Hopefully we will get detailed helmets like ther CT Stormies.:D This was probably prompted by Hasbro's re-release of the CT Stormies through the fan club. In any event these will be welcome additions.

I am a bit disappointed that we STILL do not get an INDIVIDUALLY CARDED HAN IN STORMTROOPER OUTFIT.:rolleyes:

But, I'll get over it. At least we are getting a new one.:D

Darth Evil
08-22-2002, 03:15 PM
I hope Boba's quick-draw action is good. The Speeders all sound interesting, the figures themselves had better be of high quality, especially Dooku.

mylow thehutt
08-22-2002, 07:09 PM
Bet wedding Anakin Even with the super artclution he'll still come with a wacked out gimmick.

The True Maul
08-22-2002, 07:12 PM
Mylow, I was thinking the same thing I hope this doesn't happen! :)

jedihunter25
08-22-2002, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by mylow thehutt
Bet wedding Anakin Even with the super artclution he'll still come with a wacked out gimmick. Yeah, like a texedo and a wedding ring with blast effect. Just Kidding!

Adam
08-22-2002, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by sith_killer_99
I don't think these will be Cinema Scenes!

They're still techically cinema scenes.. just because there are only 2 and its name has changed doesn't make it that different really.

mylow thehutt
08-22-2002, 10:08 PM
What would be cool is if Fett came with a sarrlac tentacl.

jedihunter25
08-22-2002, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by mylow thehutt
What would be cool is if Fett came with a sarrlac tentacl. That would be cool. If they are going to re-re-release or scale Boba Fett they need to add something to it cause I can't see it being very different than the ones that we already have.

Jayspawn
08-23-2002, 12:10 AM
All those figures sound great to me! I can't wait! (Hopefully cheapo Hasbro will put robes on Anakin and Obi-Wan)

More Fetts are always welcome.

Geonosian
08-23-2002, 04:02 AM
Awesome!!
Anakin better have that damm robe!!

Obiwan better have the "wet look"

sith_killer_99
08-23-2002, 06:19 AM
Oh, these are going to be Cinema Scenes with 2 figures?

I don't like the idea. First off it will look stupid with just 2 figures in a box with a cardboard scene behind it. Secondly, Cinema Scenes were like $20-$30 each, before they were clearanced. If this is the case then I'm against it.

I was under the impression that these would be 2-pks on cards with blisters and retail for around $10.00 (the cost of 2 figures now). Like the EP1 Obi-Wan/Darth Maul 2-pk or the Darth Vader/Darth Maul 2-pk.

Geonosian
08-23-2002, 07:01 AM
Intresting.
C-S with teo figures..I thought the C-S were due mid to late 2003?

LTBasker
08-23-2002, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by Geonosian
Intresting.
C-S with teo figures..I thought the C-S were due mid to late 2003?

No one said they were Cinema Scenes. They're "Scene Selections" kinda like the Episode I Maul and Obi-Wan two-pack I'm guessing. Just cause they're scene repesentations doesn't mean they're Cinema Scene three-packs. ;)

Geonosian
08-23-2002, 08:09 AM
Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Adam
08-23-2002, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
No one said they were Cinema Scenes. They're "Scene Selections" kinda like the Episode I Maul and Obi-Wan two-pack I'm guessing. Just cause they're scene repesentations doesn't mean they're Cinema Scene three-packs. ;)

What I meant to say was they could still technically be considered cinema scenes. Three-2 figs dont really make a difference.

Originally posted by sith_killer_99
Oh, these are going to be Cinema Scenes with 2 figures?

I don't like the idea. First off it will look stupid with just 2 figures in a box with a cardboard scene behind it. Secondly, Cinema Scenes were like $20-$30 each, before they were clearanced. If this is the case then I'm against it.

I was under the impression that these would be 2-pks on cards with blisters and retail for around $10.00 (the cost of 2 figures now). Like the EP1 Obi-Wan/Darth Maul 2-pk or the Darth Vader/Darth Maul 2-pk.

Well the 25th aniversary packs are cinema scenes,(technically!! Can you guess that I like that word?) and they only have two figures and a background. And we don't really know how they will be packaging them.

Rogue II
08-23-2002, 03:07 PM
Yeah, Hasbro must have listened to my post about 2-packs/cinema scene idea in the Dear Hasbro section;):rolleyes:

Beast
08-23-2002, 03:09 PM
It's probably more similar to the 25th Anniversary packages. A small scene w/ 2 figures instead of the huge 3 figure cinema scenes. The choices so far definatly point to it. If not that, like was said before somthing like the Masters of the Dark Side or Final Lightsaber Duel sets. Hopefully the line does well, I wouldn't mind seeing them do Emperor Palpatine and Darth Vader w/ Removable Helmet in a set together. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hango fett
08-23-2002, 03:11 PM
ooooooohhh! final lightsaber duel bettween luke and vader? that would rock...except you wold need old palpy in his chair with an evil laugh on his face.
h

Beast
08-23-2002, 03:17 PM
No, I'm talking about that carded 2-pack of Obi-Wan Kenobi and Darth Maul. The one that had the original cut in half Darth Maul. We have a fine Emperor in a chair figure, in the POTF2 Final Jedi Duel Cinema Scene. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Adam
08-23-2002, 03:25 PM
It's probably more similar to the 25th Anniversary packages. A small scene w/ 2 figures instead of the huge 3 figure cinema scenes. The choices so far definatly point to it. If not that, like was said before somthing like the Masters of the Dark Side or Final Lightsaber Duel sets. Hopefully the line does well, I wouldn't mind seeing them do Emperor Palpatine and Darth Vader w/ Removable Helmet in a set together. :)

Argh. I was too busy watching Transformers:Armada and you beat my edit!

Geonosian
08-23-2002, 07:14 PM
Does anyone think the 2003 packageing will be different?
A new colour perhaps?

Beast
08-23-2002, 07:25 PM
Doubt it. Hasbro is more then happy with the current cards, going by the sales and their comments. You may see the line revamped again in 3 years when Episode III opens, but that's not for sure. Why the rush for them to change the cards? We had more then 1 year of every other card style.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

sith_killer_99
08-23-2002, 07:25 PM
Ummmmm.....

no.

Sinister Lord
08-23-2002, 07:35 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing more cinema scenes. I was sort of hoping they would do one of the "Jawa Encounter" from AOTC, with a cloaked Anakin, Owen's speeder, and a Jawa. But then again, if you don't count the speeder, that really only counts as one and a half figures. Maybe that not such a good idea. I definitely want more Jawas though... maybe just a carded Jawa with another different kind of droid would be good. Perhaps a LIN-V8K "mining droid", or a R1-G4 "reactor droid" like the ones shown in ANH. Pack one of those with a new Jawa and I would buy it!

Geonosian
08-23-2002, 07:41 PM
Is Anakin comming with the speeder.
It will be pretty dumb if Owen comes with the speeder.

Rogue II
08-23-2002, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Sinister Lord
.. maybe just a carded Jawa with another different kind of droid would be good. Perhaps a LIN-V8K "mining droid", or a R1-G4 "reactor droid" like the ones shown in ANH. Pack one of those with a new Jawa and I would buy it!

You're not the only one asking for something like that. They are on almost everyone's want list. Hopefully we will get those soon.

Darth Sidious
08-23-2002, 09:47 PM
Eh...I'm not impressed. Too may rehashes already, do we really need more? In my opinion, this is what it should be-
-Wat Tambor
-Green Clonetrooper w/...some accesories?
-Feltipern Trevagg
-Hermie Odle
-HAILFIRE DROIDS!
-Lama Su
-Coleman Trebor
-Bariss Offee
-A GOOD Battle droid, different damage degrees*

*I know I said I didnt like rehashes but this is different, you can never have too many battle droids.

Adam
08-23-2002, 10:03 PM
Is Anakin comming with the speeder.
It will be pretty dumb if Owen comes with the speeder.

While I'd like to see Anakin more than Owen, its not really that stupid, since it is Owen's speeder.

Lord Tenebrous
08-23-2002, 10:34 PM
It's the opposite of 'Anakin's Speeder'. It belongs to a Senator, but they didn't put his name of the box. It's Owen's Swoop, but Anakin get the scenes with it, so if there's a pack-in, he'll be it.

As far as the cards, it's only been a year, but it's brought us 60 figures. So even a small change would freshen up the appearance of the 2003 offerings. I would love for them to change the tedious lines and swirls on the cards (a few lens flares would have been better than the mess they decided on)

bigbarada
08-24-2002, 12:55 AM
New Han and Luke Stormtrooper figures? Cool!

The only thing out of that list that really caught my eye.

As for the wet-look on Kamino Obi-Wan, I'm against it. I think this scene specific thing is being taken way too far. Sculpting Obi-Wan to look like he is being rained on will simply make the figure absolutely useless unless you just happen to be building a Kamino diorama.

I really do hope that Hasbro doesn't just stick a Han and Luke head on the Commtech Trooper's body. That would be lame. Luke should be shorter and the CTC Trooper bodies need wrist articulation. I also hope that they plan to resculpt those removable Stormtrooper helmets and not simply recycle the old crappy POTF2 ones. Actually the more I think about it, the more likely it is that Hasbro will screw this one up big time.:(

Sinister Lord
08-24-2002, 06:30 AM
Those ones don't interest me much... I already have Han and Luke as Stormtoopers.

Give us a garbage compactor playset instead!!!!!!! Now that would be cool!

sith_killer_99
08-24-2002, 07:53 AM
Yeah, a garbage compactor play set....with Han and Lukle in Stormtrooper outfits. hehehe

Seriously, with the newer CommTech style Stormtroopers AND the new Sandtrooper we really needed these guys re-sculpted.

Besides, while Luke Trooper was pretty easy to find Han has been a bit difficult for people. First of all, he was a mail away exclusive. Secondly, he came in a Cinema Scene that is still a bit hard to come by. Ireally think thi is something the fans/collectors should have.

Hopefully, Hasbro will re-sculpt the helmets to have the detail the CT Stormie has.:D

Geonosian
08-24-2002, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Adam

While I'd like to see Anakin more than Owen, its not really that stupid, since it is Owen's speeder. But in the movie Owen doesn't ride it...Anakin does!!

Sinister Lord
08-24-2002, 09:21 AM
The Han as stormtooper wasn't "hard to come by" for me, I never even bought one! It was easy to create one on my own... I simply bought three figures when they were all on a $2 clearance... Luke as stormtooper, Han, and a regular stormtrooper... then, using the heat technique, removed the head and legs from Luke and the stormtrooper. Then I put the Luke legs and head on a stormtrooper torso. Next, with an x-acto blade, carefully cut Luke's head off above the black neck band. Do the same on the Han head. Then superglued Han's head on the Luke neck. Done! Instant Han as stormtrooper! And he is accurate in size too, since he stands slightly taller than Luke as stormtrooper. I actually created two of these, and I even made one a custom "carded" Han as stormtrooper, with freeze frame slide.

Of course that left me with two headless Han Solo's, oh well.. they were cheap. But the stormtoopers were salvagable since the leftover legs and head can be put on the Luke torso. It makes a guy who is "a little short for a stormtooper". Nice army builders. ;)

Jargo
08-24-2002, 09:46 AM
Not remotely interested in anything Kamino other than the Kaminoans and Jango in his jammies and the boy clones and the adult clone in his red jammies and a neutrally posed clonetrooper in his non removable armour with a removable helmet and yes I guess I am interested in Kamino stuff then...... :rolleyes:

Obi with wet hair and rocket man Jango sound kinda cool but as long as they're gimmick free. ENOUGH WITH THE LAME GIMMICKS THAT DON'T WORK HASBRO!!!! The stormtrooper disguise 2-pack sounds very cool and will save me the effort of customising a couple of my commtech troopers. Hope they do the scene innthe trash compactor rather than just another shoot 'em up scene. Boring boring boring pointing laser gun poses. Give us something unusual like Luke struggling with the dianoga tentacle round his neck and Han trying to help him. These are obviusly meant as display sets only so make them worth displaying then. Although I'll open mine if i buy one. The temptation to build the dianoga trash compactor scene properly will be too much. And if they sculpt Luke with dry hair then I'll take the head from the one that came with the death star game that had a crap body but a great head sculpt with wet hair.

Anakin with swoop will be one way to get an Anakin figure with cape. I'd rather get Owen with Beru and Cliegg in a cinema scene.
All three of them stood together (or sitting in Cliegg's case) but nicely posed as a group. With maybe a vaporator or generator box in the background. and the picture backing would just be the homestead entrance. That's how to do the lars lot. Simply.

Dooku and speeder is something I'll take or leave depending on how well they do the speeder. The Dooku figure won't interest me probably. I'm not impressed with the current Dooku figure or the deluxe one. They just don't look like Christopher Lee or give any feeling of his character in the movie. Could just be any old guy really. But the speeder is an interesting shape and will look good on display anyway.

Padme........ whatever.....

Anakin with metal hand, why not put him out with interchangeable arms so you can get a decent cloaked anakin with a proper arm and then just change it for the metal one if you want to? Save us the resculpt and pack in a spare arm Hasbro.

Mar10Sir
08-24-2002, 03:42 PM
Anakin Skywalker (Naboo wedding) - Well... seems cool, but what's the super articulation all about? The only thing that comes to mind is if it brought a swappable arm, y'know... switch from normal to mechanical. That way we'd have a Jedi robed Anakin.

Boba Fett Jabba's Palace - Aaaah! What for? Do kids dig this quick-draw action? I'd stick to a nicely sculpted Boba with improved articulation but no buttons or wheels to make its arm/hand/head swing/spin/whatever.

R2-D2 Geonosis Foundry - Yet another flying R2. Be still, my beating heart! :[

Deluxe Force Power Obi-Wan Kenobi (Kamino) - What? It has magnets up the wazoo? Scracth that off from the production list. Still... on second thought, a robed Obi-Wan with a wet hair look wouldn't be that bad. Just don't screw it over with "action" features, please!

Deluxe Flying Jango Fett (Kamino) - What? Is it remote control operated? The Slave I pilot Jango Fett seems like the best new Jango. Don't press your luck.

Speeder Assortment Anakin w/Owen's Swoop - Well... no comments 'til I see the sculpt.

Speeder Assortment Count Dooku w/Speeder - Mmmh... again, no comment.

Scene Selection Luke and Han Stormtrooper - Not excited unless the scuplt and articulation are considerably better than the original ones.

Scene Selection Obi-Wan Kenobi and Jango Fett Kamino Battle - Yet ANOTHER Obi-Wan and Jango? Come on!

Get us Lama Su, Bail Organa, Poggle the Lesser and robed Jedi! Get us yellow and green Clone troopers (I know the yellow ones are on the way)! Get us... get us out of our misery! :D

Lord Tenebrous
08-24-2002, 03:59 PM
"Super" articulation is more than eight points. Could reasonably go as high as fourteen.

And the more I think about it, Boba, in the scope of the OT and ROTJ, is a Collection 2 figure. The roles of Lando Calrissian and Ki-Adi-Mundi dwarf him.

Adam
08-25-2002, 01:27 PM
But in the movie Owen doesn't ride it...Anakin does!!

Yes, I know. But that doesn't mean Hasbro would do the most logical thing. We all know it's happened before.

Beast
08-25-2002, 01:44 PM
How has it happened before? They have never done a vehicle and not included someone who rode it as a pack-in. To think they would this time is just silly. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

darthvyn
08-25-2002, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Not remotely interested in anything Kamino other than the Kaminoans and Jango in his jammies and the boy clones and the adult clone in his red jammies and a neutrally posed clonetrooper in his non removable armour with a removable helmet and yes I guess I am interested in Kamino stuff then...... :rolleyes:

well... here you go, then...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1760645730

Jargo
08-27-2002, 04:44 PM
Gee, thanks....... :rolleyes:

;)

gibbyhayes
08-27-2002, 05:17 PM
How about a whole bunch of new figures that weren't in AOTC - I could add them to my Nikto and R3-T7 collection.....

We also need more figures WITHOUT accessories. Doesn't Palpy look good enough with his hand-folding action and all that breathing room....

How about annie's buddy in EP1 - the human kid who said "Wizard"...

Sorry, I'll come back later with a real wish list.

Beast
08-27-2002, 05:24 PM
The Nikto Jedi was in AOTC's, you can see him in one of the making of documentaries from Starwars.com. He seems to have become more of a background charecter in the final version, because these figures do take 10 months from concept to production.

R3-T7 is also in AOTC's. He rolls by in the background on Coruscant when Anakin and Obi-Wan bring Zam out of the Night Club. He's also featured in one of the online documentaries, and again these figures do take around 10 months to go from concept to production.

Kitster would be great, packed with Wald. That is a pair of E1 figures that really need to be made, because they have a substantial part in that film. Hopefully before the line ends we will get them. They should have been produced along time ago, instead of the numerous Darth Maul's. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Hellboy
08-27-2002, 05:50 PM

Kitster would be great, packed with Wald. That is a pair of E1 figures that really need to be made, because they have a substantial part in that film. Hopefully before the line ends we will get them. They should have been produced along time ago, instead of the numerous Darth Maul's. :)

Yeah that really sucked that out of the 50 figures in the EP1 line we ended up with 3 DM's, 3 Qui-Gon's, and 3 Obi-Wan's that looked realitively the same when there were so many other good characters that went unproduced like Kitster and Wald. Hopefully Hasbro will make up for that lackluster line and give us these 2 as well as the complete line of Pod-Racers. :D

OCB
08-30-2002, 08:20 AM
Some more new figures, via Rebelscum ;)

February Figures:

Lama Su & Clone Boy

Aayla Secura with Super Articulation

Bariss Offee (Jedi Master)

March Deluxe:

Commerce Guild Spider Droid

Super Battle Droid Builder

187-Maul
08-30-2002, 08:31 AM
sounds cool but what is a SBD builder supossed to be?

Battle Droid
08-30-2002, 10:01 AM
Probably much like the Deluxe C-3PO except you just get alot of parts to make SBD's or enough just to make one.

I hope the Spider Droid is the Dwarf Spider Droid, the Homing Spider Droid seems to big to be a Deluxe fig.

droidekas2
08-30-2002, 11:08 AM
Lama Su is an awesome addition. Great that they are adding another small figure (Clone boy) to go along with him in the packaging.
Aayla is one figure I am really looking forward to!! I love the Twi'leks.
Super battle droid builder has the potential to be awesome. One of my favorite toys as a kid was the Jawa's droid factory, that was so fun, buiding my own droids. I've always wondered why Hasbro never put anything out like it.

evenflow
08-30-2002, 11:25 AM
Aayla is going to be awesome. I can't wait. I am curious if the clone boy is going to be in a test tube?

patchiswelsh
08-30-2002, 11:57 AM
i can't wait for aayla secura
wanted this fig for ages!!!

stad
08-30-2002, 12:25 PM
I believe someone else brought this up before, but there is NO way in he!! that Hasbro will ever make a clone boy in a test tube (or chamber). Just think about it.

evenflow
08-30-2002, 12:42 PM
I dont think it will happen ither, but i think it would be cool.

OCB
08-30-2002, 01:56 PM
Add another one...a new craptacular Yoda :(

http://starwars.hasbro.com/toyshowcase/item.cfm?sku=84968&x=28&y=12

Darth Evil
08-30-2002, 02:13 PM
I'd say the Super Battle Droid Builder is an Army Building pack of two/four. That Yoda looks very like the E1 version.

droidekas2
08-31-2002, 09:28 AM
!!!Oh boy, another figure I already bougth a few years ago!!!
!!!But it has new packaging!!!!I wasnt able to buy the Attack of the Clones version, how did Hasbro know that I would settle for this?? They are so wise!!!

bigbarada
08-31-2002, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by patchiswelsh
i can't wait for aayla secura
wanted this fig for ages!!!

Ages? You mean all 3 1/2 months since AOTC's release?:p

You'll forgive me if I don't sympathize, considering I wanted Ephant Mon for 17 years and a decent resculpt of ROTJ Jabba for 7 years (since the line rebooted in 1995). Add to that, wanting a Removable Helmet Vader for 15 years before finally getting one and wanting a TIE Bomber for 22 years before getting one.

I don't want wet hair Luke from the trash compactor, too scene specific for me. This give Hasbro the liscense to do something stupid like not include Stormtrooper helmets with the figures ("Well, they didn't wear them in that part of the scene!":rolleyes: ). Just a couple of nicely articulated figures with removable helmets and let us decide which scenes to use them in. I for one would be more interested in having them simply walking the Death Star hallways (that POTF2 Cinema Scene was horrible).

Figureman2
08-31-2002, 12:24 PM
That Yoda makes me sad... I believe we:
A) Already HAVE a Yoda sitting in a Jedi Council chair, and
B) Already HAVE a good Yoda figure from AOTC.
This is just wonderful. We could be getting new Jedi Council members, but instead, we get a figure which already has countless variations and incarnations repackaged with an old accessory. Bravo, Hasbro.

Rogue II
08-31-2002, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada

Ages? You mean all 3 1/2 months since AOTC's release?:p

You'll forgive me if I don't sympathize, considering I wanted Ephant Mon for 17 years and a decent resculpt of ROTJ Jabba for 7 years (since the line rebooted in 1995). Add to that, wanting a Removable Helmet Vader for 15 years before finally getting one and wanting a TIE Bomber for 22 years before getting one.

You're not alone, BigBarada. ATOC had how many figures released so far this year? And yet, some people are complaining about certain figures that haven't been produced from ATOC. Have patience, guys, you'll get what you want eventually.:cool:

What's this about a Luke Stormtrooper with wet hair? We don't need that, just a plain Luke and Han Stormtrooper.

corporal AMF
09-01-2002, 02:35 PM
Hey did you see ?????? R5D4 is coming!!!!!!!!!!!!1

But in the Star Tours line :(:(:(:x

plo koon 200
09-01-2002, 04:05 PM
I can hardly wait. I sure hope they give it the sculpt it deserves.

Turbowars
09-01-2002, 04:36 PM
Bring it on Hasblow, show me that I'm wrong about you, I dare you. Besides that I love the non movie years!

OCB
09-04-2002, 12:42 PM
Taa daa, a new week a new set of rumors...

http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=82&zoneid=9

Basic Figures
Anakin Skywalker with mechanical arm and super articulation
Flying R2-D2
Han Solo Hoth
Chewbacca Hoth
Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight (ROTJ)
Darth Vader (ROTJ)
Padme Amidala Wedding Gown
Yoda with Jedi Child
Jedi Youngling 2-pack
Coleman Trebor
Wat Tambor
Aayla Secura
Yoda (Clone Wars)
Kit Fisto (Clone Wars)
Boba Fett with Quick Draw Action (ROTJ)
Jocasta Nu and Droid 2 Pack
Bail Organa
Snowtrooper
Lama Su

Unleashed

Yoda
Slave Leia

Misc

C-3PO and R2-D2 Holiday Set with base and Christmas Card (Fan Club)
Screen Scene Luke and Leia (Trash Compactor)
Screen Scene Han Solo and Chewbacca (Trash Compactor)

Deluxe

Battle Droid 3 Pack (Battle Droid, Super Battle Droid, Destroyer Droid)
Spider Droid (AOTC)

Vehicles

Tank Droid (AOTC)
Anakin Skywalker with Speederbike
Count Dooku with Speederbike
Sandcrawler
Slave I (ESB deco)
TIE Bomber in Refresh Saga Packaging

12" Figures

Saesee Tiin (Fan Club)
Plo Koon (Fan Club)
Han Solo with Gunner Station

Action Fleet

Slave I
Snowspeeder

Beast
09-04-2002, 01:03 PM
Intresting list, OCB. Sounds alot more like a non-movie year should. Still to many re-sculpts and main charecters though. I hope that the Luke and Vader from ROTJ are true, we need both of them. Especially a removable helmet Vader at the proper scale. Hoth Chewie is a nice touch, since it takes another off the list of needed re-sculpts, along with Han: Hoth. :)

That's intresting that Jocasta Nu may come with the Analysis Droids. I don't really see that possible, since the droids don't look that small going by the comics. And the younglings are a nice addition. I don't like the idea that they are going to be Trash Compactor Screen Specific figures. That means Luke and Han Stormies will likely not come with helmets. :(

Re-packaging the TIE Bomber into the Saga line is a good idea, hopefully they will make it a national non-exclusive re-release. Since a few people missed out on the vehicle when it was exclusive. Again, while none of it is confirmed yet alot of it sounds quite possible. It's a decent list, just needs more secondary and background charecters. :)

mylow thehutt
09-04-2002, 02:25 PM
And Jabba is .........comming when?

droidekas2
09-04-2002, 03:06 PM
Exactly Mylow!!!

I know this is an unconfirmed rumor list, but I wouldn't put it past Hasbro to not include a new Jabba!!

How can you have it be the 20th Anniversary of "Return of the Jedi" and not include a new Jabba that the fans have been begging, begging, begging, for!!??!!??
And while you are at it HASBRO, designing that new Jabba, why dont you just throw out all the stops, Hasbro, no execuses and do the Hutt JUSTICE!! Include all the bells and whistles. Say, "why gee, lets reward all those loyal fans and customers and surpass their expectations and if we loose a few pennies on each one, oh, what the heck, they deserve it!"

And with the Anniversary, please, please, dont forget YARNA!!
Right Jargo??

Look how easy that is.
Who comes up with the lists of what gets made there?
So many no brainers.

Old Fossil
09-04-2002, 07:46 PM
Finally, the Sandcrawler! Good! Gooood! A home for my Jawas!

That new Snowtrooper should be interesting. Hope its the one we see briefly in the AT-AT cockpit, with the 'unwrinkled' face shield.

Geonosian
09-05-2002, 01:30 AM
Yeah, Coleman Trebor!!!!!!!!!!!

No Poggle the Lesser??????????

Yeah, Kit Fisto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No Geonosian Picador with Orray??????????

OCB
09-05-2002, 10:55 AM
I would guess that Jabba is being handled by Hasbro Direct (who handles exclusives and 12" stuff) as an exclusive and not by the folks at Hasbro HQ where this list is coming from. I guess the Sandcrawler may shoot that theory to heck as every vehicle has been an exclusive except for the EpI and Saga stuff...hmmm

JangoFart
09-05-2002, 02:15 PM
All other vehicles exclusive? What about Vader's TIE Fighter, Millennium Falcon, Luke's X-Wing, AT-AT, etc.?

None of those were exclusive and were from the POTF line.

J

Jargo
09-05-2002, 02:20 PM
In a previous listing the Jedi library froids are listed as SP-4 and JN-66... JN=Jocasta NU 66 being her designation number the 2-pack was a rumoured december release so it would make sense for her number to be 66. Jocasta Nu with SP-4 Jedi Library droid. The movie was only going to have one droid that Obi converses with. The comic adaptation was put together from dribs and drabs gleaned well before the final movie was edited and the efects finished. The was just one library droid planned - SP-4.

Either way I'll be glad to get the mad old bird instead of a droid. Way to go the old lady figures! Now maybe we can get Yarna and Jira.

*shoots self in head in anticipation of the lynch mob*

Actually in all seriousness, it makes sense for it to be Jocasta Nu. She's an important Jedi and if the the rumours of her big scene being reinstated into the movie for the DVD are true this is why she gets the figure of distinction status. The droid will be just something to accessorise the old fruit with.

The best things on the list are the droids and vehicles.
Although with scene specific trash compactor 2-packs on there I hope we get a deluxe dianoga beast to go with it.

YARNA! YARNA! YARNA! old lady figures are cool - really they are....

OCB
09-05-2002, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by JangoFart
All other vehicles exclusive? What about Vader's TIE Fighter, Millennium Falcon, Luke's X-Wing, AT-AT, etc.?

None of those were exclusive and were from the POTF line.

J Sorry, I meant recently, in the POTJ line, the B-Wing, Y-Wing, snowspeeder, TIE Bomber and Interceptor etc

JangoFart
09-05-2002, 03:40 PM
Well, that's a horse of another color!! :)

J

corporal AMF
09-07-2002, 04:34 PM
WOW.......I really like Jedis from the clone wars.....maybe this new Yoda will hold his lightsaber with both hands (that could be 'hangar duel).......

And the Death Star Jedi Duel would be awesome, with super articulation!

gibbyhayes
09-08-2002, 11:04 AM
This is a bit off pace, but not worthy of its own thread. Of the Seperatists, what's the skinny green dude's name? Is the robot (that tunes himself in) Wat Tambor? I'd love a chance to buy either.

Turbowars
09-08-2002, 11:14 AM
You lost me there. Go ahead and make a new thread.

bigbarada
09-08-2002, 11:49 AM
I am pretty much convinced that the Han and Luke Stormtrooper resculpts will be screen specific wastes of time. JarJar is right, Hasbro will use this excuse to package them without removable helmets. Scratch those off the list of figures to buy.

I want to think that the ROTJ Vader will finally be the perfect Vader I have always dreamed of. Y'know the one with a two piece removable helmet, removable hand, correctly scalled and all that (I have given up all hope for cloth accessories). However, more than likely he will be another screen specific waste of time. Until I can see some prototypes, there is no use getting my hopes up just to have them dashed.

Glad to see Hoth Han and Chewie on the list. Along with the Snowtrooper. Those three are unexpected enough to make me believe that at least some of this list is genuine. Fan made lists seem to read more like collector's dreams come true. Only Hasbro could read all these wish lists and decide to make figures that no one asked for.:)

Luke Jedi sounds promising, especially considering how awesome Luke Bespin was.

What the heck is the Tank Droid? Is that the AT-TE? I can only hope. I will pass on the Gunship in the hopes that Hasbro eventually makes the AT-TE. My room, and budget, can only handle so many vehicles.

Beast
09-08-2002, 03:33 PM
I hope and pray I'm not right about the no helmets thing, but whenever I get a bad feeling like this, it usually comes true. Who knows though. I don't like the idea of screen specific garbage compactor figures at all. Can you imagine the Leia w/ Soaking Wet Gown and Chewie w/ Stinky Wet Fur. :)

BigB, the rumblings I'm hearing about the Vader is that it will be him with the 2-piece removable helmet. Beyond that, I haven't heard much more. I'm glad Hasbro may do it. The POTF2 version is excellent, but he's way to short. :)

Nice to see Hoth get attention again, with the Han, Chewie and Snowtrooper. We still need a new General Veers and General Riekeen, but atleast it's a start. I'm hoping they keep giving us proper scaled Chewie re-sculpts. Do Boushh's Bounty in 2004. :)

The Tank Droids either have to be the Spider Droid, Dwarf Spider Droid, or Hailfire Droid. I'm thinking that it's likely going to be the Spider one/ones. Since the Hailfire droid is to large to be a Deluxe figure, IMHO. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bigbarada
09-08-2002, 03:49 PM
BigB, the rumblings I'm hearing about the Vader is that it will be him with the 2-piece removable helmet. Beyond that, I haven't heard much more. I'm glad Hasbro may do it. The POTF2 version is excellent, but he's way to short. :)

I sincerely hope you are right, but will remain skeptical until I can see some prototypes. I don't even mind if he is pre-posed lump of plastic (as long as he is not stuck in the '3-seconds from death' pose) like the last Bespin Vader, as long as he is taller and more accurate. Heck, if you think about it the POTF2 version was a pre-posed lump of plastic too, he was just stuck in a standing pose.:)

I also hope that Hasbro doesn't do something stupid, like package him without a right hand and lightsaber. That would totally ruin the figure. (this scene specific crap has got to stop!)

I am glad about the new Hoth Chewie and hope to see a new Boushh's bounty Chewie (with a correctly scaled Boushh Leia) coming out soon afterwards.

Beast
09-08-2002, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
I sincerely hope you are right, but will remain skeptical until I can see some prototypes. I don't even mind if he is pre-posed lump of plastic (as long as he is not stuck in the '3-seconds from death' pose) like the last Bespin Vader, as long as he is taller and more accurate. Heck, if you think about it the POTF2 version was a pre-posed lump of plastic too, he was just stuck in a standing pose.:)

I also hope that Hasbro doesn't do something stupid, like package him without a right hand and lightsaber. That would totally ruin the figure. (this scene specific crap has got to stop!)

I am glad about the new Hoth Chewie and hope to see a new Boushh's bounty Chewie (with a correctly scaled Boushh Leia) coming out soon afterwards.
I'll stay skeptical also, always usually do. Even beyond the prototype stange since things can happen even after that stage. The Bespin Vader isn't bad, but he's not all that great either. The POTF2 RH Vader did have some extra arm joints at the elbows I think, and of course the removable hand could rotate. :)

I doubt they would be that stupid. The only figures I didn't mind getting packed without a Lightsaber that should have had one was the Commtech Vader, because he was screen specific to ANH since Vader bearly used his saber. And the POTJ Luke: X-Wing pilot that was based on Luke from ANH, and he never used his saber in his flight suit or had it on his belt in ANH. And remember, the most screen specific Vader ever, "Emperor's Wrath" still had his hand and Saber after he had lost them. :)

If the Screen Scenes that are supposed to be coming next year do well, I would love for them to do a 2-Pack of a proper scale Boushh Leia and Boushh Bounty Chewie in that. That 2-Pack line has so many possibilities, that I hope that people support it and it continues. Unlike the Cinema Scenes and Vehicles of the past. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mylow thehutt
09-09-2002, 03:15 PM

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I heard He will be a POTJ lighting vader rehash,with a button on his back that makes sparks come out .:rolleyes:

mylow thehutt
09-09-2002, 03:21 PM
:) But none the less I'm happy to see all these goos figs,next year:)

mylow thehutt
09-09-2002, 03:21 PM
There Fixed.Yoda Hope Yoda has feet and a corected Hilt.:rolleyes:

bigbarada
09-09-2002, 04:05 PM
Wow, triple post! I've seen double posts before but never a triple!:p

Anyways, if what you say is true,mylow, then scratch that Vader off of my list of wants. I've seen that prototype and this will simply be another waste of time.:mad:

Will the Luke Jedi simply be a repackaged Luke from the Final Duel Cinema scene?:mad:

mylow thehutt
09-09-2002, 05:09 PM
Whopps! My Computer was too slow and I thought it didn't post,my bad.I'll fix it.:cool:

Where did you see the prototype?

Beast
09-09-2002, 05:46 PM
I think he assumes you saw the prototype, Mylow. But regardless, there is no way that they would give the Vader a sparking feature. Sparking features on toys have to be totally contained by the toys now, thanks to those Barbie figures with the sparking skates that started fires. That said, the figure would be to small to contain the mechanism. Someone is yanking your crank, Mylow. :crazed: :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
09-09-2002, 05:58 PM
I think Mylow was just pulling our legs BigB and JarJarBinks, but both at the same time;)