PDA

View Full Version : Boba Fett's Slave 1 for next year!! Yippee!!

Princess_Leila
08-22-2002, 12:55 PM
Guys,

I know that this is old news, but I still can't wait! SURELY it will use Jango's Slave 1 mold, perhaps with the cargo access? Hopefully a better ESB Fett too, with better coloring than the disapointing 300th Fett. Also, I will probably be returning my Jedi Starfighter, since it will rereleased with hyperdrive ring next year, hopefully in a nice window box. I'm SOOO glad that we canadians are getting this! I wonder what the 6 deluxe figures will be? They are NOT the speeders! The speeders are in a different assortment. Hopefully, we'll get a nifty SPIDER DROID! It will look great next to my future red BD army! Can't wait!

Why are people complaining about the upcomming ROTJ Fett? Isn't it a must-have? I doubt that the gimmick will affect the quality of the figure. Just look at the Pilot jango and Coruscant Amidala: they're perfect, despite the gimmick! Finally! We'll get a great ROTJ Fett so that we can toss away the crappy POTF2 one! What a relief!

BTW, if you don't know about what I'm talking about, go to www.snowtroopers.ca and scroll down quite a bit. It's really old news for us cannucks!

This year saw the return of Star Wars! (E1 was so insulting! It made me stop collecting for a while!) Next year will also be so cool!

Princess_Leila
08-22-2002, 12:57 PM
Oh, it' was written august first!! Have a good read!

Beast
08-22-2002, 01:00 PM
Here's the part of the quote that Princess_Leila is talking about.

Looking ahead to 2003 is some very good news, Hasbro Canada will have the following available to the Canadian market, 22 new Collection 1 figures,16 new Collection 2 figures, 9 new Deluxe figures, 2 different Saga Scene Packs, 8 new Unleashed figures, 2 new speeders, a new Slave 1 classic vehicle, 6 new Micro Machine vehicles and 1 to 2 new lightsabers.
<snip>
Other interesting news includes a remodeled Jedi Starfighter for next year that will include a new Hyper Space Ring feature.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Tenebrous
08-22-2002, 01:35 PM
$598 worth of new product is ambitious, to say the least. Considering that this year, minus exclusives and non-figure toys, is about $615 (edit: 695 with the Gunship/Arena)

I have a bad feeling about this...

Darth Sidious
08-22-2002, 01:54 PM
Hmm...Sounds cool, but what I would like more than that is a 3-Pack (Like the Droid Fighters) of Hailfire Droids. But a new Boba Fett's Slave-1 is also a necessity. I say to Hasbro-make the Hailfire Droids, Spider Droids, etc. before making a third Slave 1.

PloKoon2385
08-22-2002, 02:04 PM
Are these Canadian exclusives or are they sharing with everyone else?

pthfnder89
08-22-2002, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Darth Sidious
Hmm...Sounds cool, but what I would like more than that is a 3-Pack (Like the Droid Fighters) of Hailfire Droids. But a new Boba Fett's Slave-1 is also a necessity. I say to Hasbro-make the Hailfire Droids, Spider Droids, etc. before making a third Slave 1.

I'm not that excited about a new Slave 1. If they were to simply repaint Jango's version, then I definitely wouldn't buy one. But if they were to actually take away the missle features and add an interior space like the vintage and POTF2 version, THEN I would buy it.:)

I don't realy want the Hailfire Droids either, but I'm all for some Spider droid badness!!!!:D

Prince Xizor
08-22-2002, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by PloKoon2385
Are these Canadian exclusives or are they sharing with everyone else?

Yeah, I was wondering that too.

Mandalorian30
08-22-2002, 03:32 PM
Are there any pics of any of this stuff, especially the ROTJ Fett ?

Lord Tenebrous
08-22-2002, 03:58 PM
No pictures yet, but since 300th Fett was closely sculpted to the picture on his box, ROTJ Fett might look a little like this:

(left: TESB; right: ROTJ)

Jargo
08-22-2002, 04:33 PM
I'd definately buy the Boba Fett version of Slave-1 if it's the same mold as the Jango version. That ship rocks! It would save me the time and effort of repainting a Jango version myself. The cargo entrance might be problematic considering the scale. Perhaps the side will come off instead but hopefully it'll be done right not like the vintage mold with that dreadful rear panel never fitting correctly. A decent carbonite block pack in might be nice. A solid block not one you can clip the figure into. A proper accessory. Perhaps with clear plastic clips on each end so you can have it suspended from a couple of bespin guard or stormtrooper waists like it's floating. but the clips would have to be removable. I think that's the better solution rather than stick clear plastic wheels or a stand on it which would look just terrible IMO.

Boba Fett ROTJ could be cool, I hear it'll have quick draw action which is not cool. Just a nice neutral Boba Fett please. Lose the gimmick or at least give us a way to disable it if we don't want it.
It would be kinda nice to have him hvae the ability to be posed in a flying position like the upcoming 2003 Jango Fett from the Kamino battle 2-pack with Obi-Wan.

However, I'm not going to say any more because all this has yet to be confirmed hasn't it? I like to see the hardcopies before I start to get excited. Saves my blood pressure geting too high.

jedihunter25
08-22-2002, 05:26 PM
I'd rather have a Sandcrawler or Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator instead of another Slave 1.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-22-2002, 05:40 PM
I never got the '96 (or whenever it came out) Slave I, or Jango's. The Jango one looks pretty cool, and I'd like it if they re-issued it with a new paintjob.

The True Maul
08-22-2002, 07:16 PM
I hope it's much better than the '96 one. And I also hope that it will be as good as Jango's but with diffrent features. :)

LTBasker
08-22-2002, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
A decent carbonite block pack in might be nice. A solid block not one you can clip the figure into. A proper accessory.

I'd rather them just chunk the current cockpit out, put a part for Boba Fett to go into, and then have the block go on the back wall. It could have adjustable clips or something that would fit all carbo blocks from the vintage to current. Just basic hinged things that would slide over the edges and would be thick enough to reach to each edge and would just need to be on an adjustable track to fit in the different widths of the carbo blocks.

gsr-jedi
08-22-2002, 07:50 PM
I agree with Jedihunter, instead of the Slave 1, which will probably just be a re-painted version of Jango's (hopefully it's not), they should do a Sandcrawler, or Sith Infiltrator, or Falcon, or one huge Star Destroyer

Beast
08-22-2002, 07:55 PM
Sandcrawler is on the possible list for next year. Expect it to likely be exclusive to Target or Wal-Mart. Either way, as long as FAO Schwartz doesn't snag it, I will be happy. Hopefully Wal-Mart will take the Sandcrawler, and Target will finally take the Twin-Pod Cloud Car, since they have passed on it 2 or 3 years straight. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Rogue II
08-22-2002, 08:28 PM
Besides the missles, what's the difference between the POTF2/SOTE Slave 1 and Jango Fett's Slave 1? I didn't think it was all that bad, but I guess it will be good for all the new fans to get a chance to pick it up.

I loved the Vintage Cloud Car. It was so simple, and so.....orange. ( I hear that makes the world go around):D

I would be really interested in a new Sandcrawler as well. With any luck, they could release a Jawa Accessory pack at the same time to beef up the Jawa population.

Adam
08-22-2002, 08:28 PM
Am I the only one miffed that we have to get another Jedi Starfighter to get that blasted hyperspace ring? Hopefully they will sell it seperatly..

Beast
08-22-2002, 08:32 PM
Actually, I don't mind them making a new Jedi Starfighter and including the Hyperspace Ring. If they do, I want to see them drop that EU removable panels thing though. I would buy one if they actually did that. Plus like was said before, maybe they could include lights and/or sounds on the ring. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jedihunter25
08-22-2002, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Sandcrawler is on the possible list for next year. Expect it to likely be exclusive to Target or Wal-Mart. Either way, as long as FAO Schwartz doesn't snag it, I will be happy. Hopefully Wal-Mart will take the Sandcrawler, and Target will finally take the Twin-Pod Cloud Car, since they have passed on it 2 or 3 years straight. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks That would be great!!! I don't think that FAO will get the Sandcrawler or have very many exclusives due to the Shuttle because they started taking orders for it before it was confirmed and the pricing. I can see it as a TRU because of it's size. But it would be nice and hopefully you are right because someday (probally 2 or 3 years after EP.3) they will put a stop to the SW line and we will end up with all these vehicle that we already have and we will be saying "but they never made this or that." I don't really mind them re-remaking or scaling just as long as they make way for other vehicles as well- like the Sandcrawler and Twin-Pod Cloud Car.

macewindu87
08-22-2002, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II
Besides the missles, what's the difference between the POTF2/SOTE Slave 1 and Jango Fett's Slave 1? I didn't think it was all that bad, but I guess it will be good for all the new fans to get a chance to pick it up.

I loved the Vintage Cloud Car. It was so simple, and so.....orange. ( I hear that makes the world go around):D

I would be really interested in a new Sandcrawler as well. With any luck, they could release a Jawa Accessory pack at the same time to beef up the Jawa population.
well now that you heard that makes the world go round maybe you just might be right about the Vintage Cloud Car except amybe you might not want to be so sarcastic about others thoughts.:rolleyes:

Adam
08-22-2002, 08:50 PM
[B]Actually, I don't mind them making a new Jedi Starfighter and including the Hyperspace Ring. If they do, I want to see them drop that EU removable panels thing though. I would buy one if they actually did that. Plus like was said before, maybe they could include lights and/or sounds on the ring. :)
B]

Well since we never see the Jedi Starfighter shoot at anything, isn't it possible that it could have an attack mode? Or does it have panels that actualy come off and are not related to its attack mode? I don't have it yet, as you can guess.

Beast
08-22-2002, 09:01 PM
The attack mode is 100% Hasbro designed, just to give it some play features tht would match up atleast a bit to the cool Slave 1. The ship according to the StarWars.com databank only has a pair of laser cannons on it.

BTW macewindu87, whats the deal with attacking Rogue II. He's not being sarcastic or anything, he's stating his opinion. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that you should slam him for his opinion.

There are some minor differences between the POTF2 and Saga Slave 1's. The Saga one is a bit bigger and better built. There is a comparison picture around here somewhere, I'll see if I can dig it up. :)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=73148

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

macewindu87
08-22-2002, 09:11 PM
BTW JJB I was just stating my opinion also I didn't slam him I was trying to let him know that i am allowed to state my own opinions without being evaluated and made a target against those that don't appreciate the fact that i am allowed to state my own opinions.
mace

Adam
08-22-2002, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by macewindu87
BTW JJB I was just stating my opinion also I didn't slam him I was trying to let him know that i am allowed to state my own opinions without being evaluated and made a target against those that don't appreciate the fact that i am allowed to state my own opinions.
mace

:confused:

When did he ever make you a Target? If that was a different thread you need to keep it in there.

Jargo
08-22-2002, 09:26 PM
???????????????????????????? WTF? :confused:

Annyhoo, moving swiftly on i the hope this nice thread doesn't get closed....

No, the sandcrawler and the Shuttle are musts, the cloud car is inevitable, Other than that all I want are the samall vehicles and speeders from coruscant and Tatooine. Too many to list but all cool and at their size would be cheap to buy compared to fighter craft or wotnot. If they're ging to re-release stuff how about a reworked rebel transport? shove in a load of accessories like crates and weapons and stuff and it could be used for the rebels or for a tatooine scene. I'm up for it anyway, ok?

Personally though I'd rather they went for a new vehicle like the Imperial landing craft....... :sur:

Adam
08-22-2002, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Personally though I'd rather they went for a new vehicle like the Imperial landing craft....... :sur: \

OoOoOh that would be nice. But isn't that bigger than the shuttle? Think of the price tag on that sucker.:greedy: :( :cry:

mylow thehutt
08-22-2002, 09:42 PM
So These will be for every one.and not just Canada

JediTricks
08-23-2002, 02:58 AM
The ship according to the StarWars.com databank only has a pair of laser cannons on it. Actually, the site only says it has "laser cannons", no amount of them.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/starship/delta7/index.html

However, even without SW.com's info, the delta-7 clearly has 2 pair of forward-facing laser cannons showing - 1 pair top and 1 pair bottom - you can see the 4 cannon openings when you look at the ship head-on.

JEDIpartner
08-23-2002, 08:30 AM
I don't need another Jedi Starfighter or another Slave I. I WILL, however, take a new Sandcrawler and a cart load of new figures!

The Overlord Returns
08-23-2002, 12:25 PM
I wouldn't mind a new boba slave 1......still...rather have a sith infiltrator. How has that not been made.

Rogue II
08-23-2002, 01:25 PM
The attack mode is 100% Hasbro designed, just to give it some play features tht would match up atleast a bit to the cool Slave 1. The ship according to the StarWars.com databank only has a pair of laser cannons on it.

BTW macewindu87, whats the deal with attacking Rogue II. He's not being sarcastic or anything, he's stating his opinion. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that you should slam him for his opinion.

There are some minor differences between the POTF2 and Saga Slave 1's. The Saga one is a bit bigger and better built. There is a comparison picture around here somewhere, I'll see if I can dig it up. :)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=73148

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Thanks for the comparison photo, JarJar. I can't tell from the picture, but is the cargo door the same on both? I know there are 2 pieces on the Vintage/POTF2 version. I'm not knocking the new Slave I. I really wanted to know what the difference is.

I don't really understand what I said to tick off macewindu87. And the orange comment was quoting Emperor Jargo's signature block.

I hope Hasbro eventually makes a new Cloud Car. I hate to think what ever happened to my vintage one (and the rest of my childhood collection).:cry:

The Imperial Landing Craft would be nice, but wouldn't that be along the same lines as the Imperial Shuttle?

Jargo
08-23-2002, 03:39 PM
Well I'm planning on starting a thread in the dear Hasbro section to talk about that but technically it would be similar to the shuttle yes, just a larger vehicle with smaller wings and a better cockpit.

I just like the landing craft better than the shuttle. The shuttle is all wings and nothing else but the landing craft has uses and could also be used as a carry case of sorts or at least a storage case for figures when not in use. Think of the shuttle as three large wings joined by a small box. think of the landing craft as a large box with three small wings. The landing craft only had a split second in the movie but as far as a toy goes it offers up the most playability factors and options. There's tons hasbro could do with it like have the rear open up as a storage bay for speeder bikes and weapons crates, The insides could have seating for troopers and a prisoner cell area. The Imperials must have some way of transporting crims right? The cockpit is just a reworking of the shuttle cockpit really with a slightly different shape but the same seating plan I would imagine.
With no large fold down wings there'd be room to put in retractable landing gear. opening troop deployment hatch, lift off top section. The whole thing would be more of a playset come vehicle than the shuttle is. they could make part of the insides like a command station, tactical readout screens and consoles. They could pack the vehicle with a sandtrooper survival accessory set. mobile command center unit with comms equipment and a patrol droid. Anything would be cool apart from a crummy badly made figure.

But that's not to say I don't like the shuttle, in fact I'm desperate to get my hands on one. I just think the landing craft offers a really good prospect as far as toys go and as far as the collection goes.

I also want a sandcrawler. A new sculpt one though, not the cruddy vintage one.

Imperial landing craft, Sandcrawler, Rebel/Tatooine transport, Gungan Bongo sub, Neimoidian shuttle, Coruscant air taxi, Coruscant speeders, Tatooine speeders, Misc small scale deluxe pack sized vehicles.

That's what I'd like to see in the future. :)

Beast
08-23-2002, 03:49 PM
I'd take all those vehicles Jargo, especially the Gungan Bongo. Hopefully that one gets made soon, even if it has to be exclusive.

They could pack in a soft goods Jar Jar, and just take the E1 soft goods Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon, toss robes on them and pack them in as well.

Come on Hasbro, listen to us. We know what we want, and you want to make us happy. *Quickly shows Hasbro a wad of Cash* "You want this, don't you." :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jedihunter25
08-23-2002, 03:56 PM
Wasn't there a fan poll on Hasbro's site about 2 years ago where the Sith Infiltrator won (I think) and they were sappose to make it? What ever happened to that?

The Overlord Returns
08-23-2002, 05:19 PM
I remember that as well jh..................I just don't remember it winning.

Jargo
08-23-2002, 05:39 PM
I seem to recall the twin pod cloud car or shuttle winning but then again my memory isn't that great these days thanks to the wonders of painkillers for my back. Lalaland is so nice at this time of year, the colors are so... :ozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

JangoFart
08-23-2002, 06:58 PM
So, is the fact that everyone has skirted the question of exclusivity an indication that nobody here knows if it will be exclusive to Canada?

If you know, please state so; as the question has been asked, like, 4 times.

Thanks!

J

Rogue II
08-23-2002, 07:01 PM
It is highly doubtful that anything like that would be a Canadian exclusive.

Beast
08-23-2002, 07:01 PM
None of this is exclusive to Canada. They just happened to be one of the first to get the news up. Even that doesn't mean it will happen, because the news is coming from Retailer Catalogs and could change. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JangoFart
08-23-2002, 09:11 PM
Now THAT'S what I'm all about!

Thanks, guys!

J

bigbarada
08-24-2002, 03:15 PM
Since when has anything ever been exclusive to Canada?:confused: Is that even a real country?

:D:D

Once I saw the Ep2 Slave-1, I knew it was just a matter of time before Hasbro repainted it as Boba's Slave-1. I don't see how anyone expects it to be an all-new sculpt. This is Hasbro we are talking about here.:)

InsaneJediGirl
08-24-2002, 05:28 PM
Not bad stuff coming out.I dont need another JS or Slave I..but I might just pick up another Starfighter,I'll throw Mace or someone inside:D

Sandcrawler and Twin Cloud Car really needs to be made,and released before the Starwars Toy line ends.I think even if they were both exclusive it would be worth it.