PDA

View Full Version : FAO Imperial Shuttle

jedihunter25
08-22-2002, 06:05 PM
They now have an order form on FAO's website. Here is a somewhat picture of the product that they have.

Prince Xizor
08-22-2002, 06:06 PM
That's awesome, I can't wait.

Beast
08-22-2002, 06:11 PM
Intresting, if it looks that good when it comes out they definatly did some retooling on the ship. Not sure what that odd box underneath it us though. It doesn't look like the handle that used to be on the old one. Maybe the altered it because they took out the electronics. I wish they would show us some alternate angles of it though. But hopefully we will start seeing some more images of the ship very soon. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

The True Maul
08-22-2002, 06:19 PM
That looks awesome can't wai to get it!! :)

sith_killer_99
08-22-2002, 06:41 PM
WOW, I'll take 2....oh wait....it's HOW MUCH?:eek:

But, seriously, this thing looks awesome.

Lord Tenebrous
08-22-2002, 06:50 PM
It kinda looks like a plastic bar to hold the ship up in flight position, with a little button to detach it when you set the ship in landing position.

It's a nice reissue of a nice ship, but it's not in my budget. So I'll have to settle for one of you guys posting pictures of your own. Don't look too happy with it. :crazed:

LTBasker
08-22-2002, 06:55 PM
If they stick with the price 100+, well then it looks like poodoo. So far Galoob's been the only ones to put on the frickin wing cannons on correctly. :rolleyes:

Anyways, it's a simple paint job as predicted and most likely just a simple retool job, but it definitely ain't worth it if FAO's gonna be over pricing it like they did the Faamba.

hango fett
08-22-2002, 06:59 PM
looks good, but how much $$$ is it going to be and is it an exclusive?
h

LTBasker
08-22-2002, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by hango fett
looks good, but how much $$$ is it going to be and is it an exclusive?
h

Well originally it was rumorly confirmed to be $125, but according to recent Q&As the price has not been decided. Knowing FAO though since they have yet another truly unique piece that collectors want badly, I doubt they're gonna be anywhere near generous with the pricing.

jedihunter25
08-22-2002, 07:07 PM
It's an exclusive and they go for $120 a pop which is a little steep, but the old one in fair condition or in the box is going to cost you alot more than that. Even when the Kenner version came out in the mid 80's I think they were going for $100.

gsr-jedi
08-22-2002, 07:08 PM
This sucks, cause if it goes on clearance like the Fambaa, I still won't be able to get one, cause we don't have a FAO in this state.

jedihunter25
08-22-2002, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by gsr-jedi
This sucks, cause if it goes on clearance like the Fambaa, I still won't be able to get one, cause we don't have a FAO in this state. You can call any FAO and order one with a cerdit card and they will ship it to you. And I dobt they will go on clearance because they are only making a limited number. They only let you order two.

Beast
08-22-2002, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by jedihunter25
It's an exclusive and they go for $120 a pop which is a little steep, but the old one in fair condition or in the box is going to cost you alot more than that. Even when the Kenner version came out in the mid 80's I think they were going for $100.
Nope, the ROTJ Imperial Shuttle retailed for $39.99. But if you add in inflation, retooling, it's an exclusive, and it's exclusive to FAO Schwartz, then you come out around $120. It's amazing to see how much inflation has raised the cost of products since the 80's. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Rogue II
08-22-2002, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by jedihunter25

Actually, the Imperial Shuttle was $37.99 (released in 1984)

http://www.toysrgus.com/images-toys/figuretoys/shuttle.html

To compare that, in 1979, the Millenium Falcon was $25 and in 1981, the AT-AT was $48. In 1983, the Y-Wing was $19.99

The ship looks nice, but it isn't worth $100-120 to me.

jedihunter25
08-22-2002, 07:45 PM
WOW!! I could have sworn that I paid almost $100 for it at TRU but then again that was almost 20 years ago and I was just a kid. Thanks for the cool link.

Beast
08-22-2002, 07:58 PM
Thanks Rogue II, the $39.99 price that I snagged from the Collector's Archives was probably for Sears or KB Toy Store, or some other place that was always more expensive then TRU. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Rogue II
08-22-2002, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Thanks Rogue II, the $39.99 price that I snagged from the Collector's Archives was probably for Sears or KB Toy Store, or some other place that was always more expensive then TRU. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Actually, I wasn't trying to correct you, JarJar. :D

I was pulling up that other website the same time you were posting. I didn't see your post until after I hit "Submit."

What I don't get is that in 1983, the Y-Wing was $20. The modern POTF2 Y-Wing "Exclusive" was $20. BUT, the vintage AT-AT was $48, and the modern AT-AT was $80 (of course, it was eventually on clearance for $25).

Now, why should the new Imperial Shuttle should be $100+? I don't see any reason it should cost that much unless they made it bigger than the vintage version.

The Overlord Returns
08-22-2002, 08:21 PM
Great....easily the coolest vehicle made recently and it's an exclusive for an american dept. store.....lovely.

LTBasker
08-22-2002, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II
What I don't get is that in 1983, the Y-Wing was $20. The modern POTF2 Y-Wing "Exclusive" was $20. BUT, the vintage AT-AT was $48, and the modern AT-AT was $80 (of course, it was eventually on clearance for $25).

Now, why should the new Imperial Shuttle should be $100+? I don't see any reason it should cost that much unless they made it bigger than the vintage version.

They gotta make up for the gas money to drive to Wal-Mart and get the $1 paint sets. ;)

The POTF2 AT-AT also came with electronics and 2 exclusive figures which only had one available elsewhere later on which was still an exclusive.

The Y-wing...well that was a Target exclusive, and they just flat-out suck. :D

rynobot
08-22-2002, 09:19 PM
on the FAO website they say the shuttle is limited to 5000 pieces.

RaptorMCSE
08-22-2002, 09:24 PM
HI,

Everyone !! I just order my Shuttles 10 min ago!! Got 2 of the Bad Boys. FAO said they will be in on DEC 6th ... This is going to be a LONG 3 Months ;-)

HH

Raptor:D

Adam
08-22-2002, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by rynobot
on the FAO website they say the shuttle is limited to 5000 pieces.

Didn't Hasbro say at the SanDiego comic con they would never make something so limited?

RaptorMCSE
08-22-2002, 09:32 PM
Hi,

You know this Shuttle with the Toy Fair Vader I have will = A mighty fine display, oh an college tuition for my kids, when i have them in about 30 more years...... shhhhhhh dont tell my wife ;-)

Raptor :evil:

Beast
08-22-2002, 09:35 PM
With all the pre-orders that have already happened, I rather doubt they are sticking with the 5K thing. Hasbro did say at Cel2 that they were disapointed with how FAO was handling the exclusive. Taking pre-orders before they even had secured the exclusive and stating 5K pieces. Hasbro did also say that they would never make an item that limited, so I doubt that you have to worry. I would suggest if you want one to place your order now though. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
08-22-2002, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by RaptorMCSE
Hi,

You know this Shuttle with the Toy Fair Vader I have will = A mighty fine display, oh an college tuition for my kids, when i have them in about 30 more years...... shhhhhhh dont tell my wife ;-)

Raptor :evil:
Invest in stocks and bonds then, because in 30 years the Toy Fair Vader and Imperial Shuttle might not be worth anything. The Vader is currently at the heigth of it's popularity, and if you wait 30 years or so, it could end up being worth squat. Look at the Theater Edition Luke Skywaler. It came out in 1997, was worth 125.00 at the time, then dropped to 75.00, then 50.00. Now you are lucky if you can sell one for 30.00. Not to mention that extra one that you ordered just for that, takes 1 out of the hands of fans. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Sidiously Darth
08-22-2002, 09:49 PM
Okay, who's pulling the strings? FAO keeps stating they have the exclusive shuttle and Hasbro, at every con they attend, keeps saying that the details have not been hammered out. Is FAO full of BS or is it Hasbro? I figure that a toy of this magnitude would get a serious push. There have been no mockups at the cons or any type of display. FAO gets no money or credit card # from me until I see an actual picture or hard evidence!

Beast
08-22-2002, 09:55 PM
Well, from what I understand. FAO was taking pre-orders originally to judge how many Shuttles they would be able to sell. That was before they had totally locked up the exclusive, which was why it wasn't on their website. Apperantly everything has been hammered out, because FAO is now taking orders on the website. They were only taking the pre-orders by phone originally.

Exclusives hardly ever get a marketing push at cons. I was suprised to see the TRU and Wal-Mart ones at the cons this year. Likely they didn't have the mock-ups of the shuttle on display, because FAO and Hasbro hadn't hammered the deals out until just recently. I'm betting we'll see somthing from Hasbro about it very soon. And I doubt it's remaining limited to 5K, that should have sold out from the phone pre-orders. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

RaptorMCSE
08-22-2002, 10:10 PM
HI,

Well Jar Jar I was just trying to express my excitement and god forbid joke a little on top of it. I am not taking anything out of collector’s hands. Yes I ordered 2 of them and Yes they are still available so anyone who wants one go and order it.

I am not trying to be ****y, I am mister 6 post nobody. But why is it so many times when people have something to say you have to be the first to shoot them down?

Thank you for letting me feel that I can express my joys with other collectors

Raptor:mad:

Nexu
08-22-2002, 10:14 PM
Link us to where FAO is selling the shuttle, if you would.

Beast
08-22-2002, 10:16 PM
Hey, I'm not shooting you down. But if you are buying for investment you could do alot better with stocks and bonds or somthing that will actually have a future value.

Toys aren't somthing that is going to be valueable enough for the future to store away. Just stating the truth, you don't have to have a massive coronary over it you know. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

RaptorMCSE
08-22-2002, 10:16 PM
http://www.fao.com/products/detail.cfm?objectid=77D49927-BC87-4B15-83EFA040A8CF7B5F&subcategory=3983

Nexu
08-22-2002, 10:17 PM
Thank you.

Beast
08-22-2002, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Nexu
Link us to where FAO is selling the shuttle, if you would.
Nexu, here is the link that you are looking for:

http://www.fao.com/products/detail.cfm?objectid=77D49927-BC87-4B15-83EFA040A8CF7B5F&subcategory=3983

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

RaptorMCSE
08-22-2002, 10:28 PM
Jar Jar ,

I am not trying to be smart about this, I just wanted to share some excitment. I dont buy toys as an investment. I was just trying to have some fun.

And if I were doing such a thing "Buying for an investment" I would have one verry un-happy russian on my hands.

My wife is a CPA.

Beast
08-22-2002, 10:31 PM
Cool, glad your excited. Can't wait to get mine either. Gonna rip that baby out of the box and display it with my other ships. I think I need another room for my stuff, I have figures and ships starting to make their way into the living room and dining room now. :eek: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Nexu
08-22-2002, 10:31 PM
Calm down Raptor.

Quit ticking people off, Lord Binks. :p

RaptorMCSE
08-22-2002, 10:36 PM
All good here. If anyone in NC needs any new stuff. A Super Walmart just opend in Charlotte and have alot of new stuff in.

If I can help anyone out let me know. I am not selling anything so if there is something that you are looking for I will keep an eye out.. And yes you pay only what I pay...

Raptor

Nexu
08-22-2002, 10:39 PM
Any TA Annie's, Tusken's with Massif's, Deluxe 3P0's, Deluxe Yoda's, Gunship's, or Arena Playset's? ;)

RaptorMCSE
08-22-2002, 10:43 PM
Target has Delux 3po's. No gun ship or arena playset's yet. But I do have an extra Massif if you need one.

I have a question about the Massif, this guy I was talking to online, said that the Massif with the Genos warrior was not being made or shipped anymore. He said kenner had decided to put them with the tusken raider. Anyone know if this is true?

Raptor

Beast
08-22-2002, 10:47 PM
It's still being shipped. That was a huge false rumor that alot of Ebay Scalpers started so they could jack up the price. They said that the Massiff w/ Geonosian was an mistake by Hasbro and it was discontinued. It hasn't been discontinued, just like the Unleashed Padme hasn't been pulled. Greedy scalpers love making up BS to try to make money. :mad: :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

RaptorMCSE
08-22-2002, 10:49 PM
Yeah ,
the padme unleashed rumor sucked. I fell into that trap..
I bought one off of ebay and got soaked!!!!!!!!!

But I like the figure and I guess that is all that really matters "She is sooo perky"

Raptor

Thunderstorm1
08-22-2002, 10:50 PM
Noticed that FAO also has the Republic Gunship, Arena Playset, Electronic Jango and Obi-Wan, and Playskool Millennium Falcon Listed. Kinda Pricey on all but noe are listed as pre-orders so I do not know if this means they have them in stock or what.

They also have the R2 Robot listed.

Just noticed that the Republic Gunship says "No Longer Available"
Strange

anyone? Jar Jar?

Nexu
08-22-2002, 10:50 PM
I see it as a mistake, as it wasn't in the movie; the same thing goes for the accessories that come with Dooku.

RaptorMCSE
08-22-2002, 10:51 PM
Woo Hoo I am mister 12 posts now.. Um 13 posts

hehe

Raptor

KIDD
08-22-2002, 11:09 PM
i have my shuttle tiderium on pr order from my local fao cant wait till they get it

rynobot
08-22-2002, 11:19 PM
I just preorderd mine.

Sean the Hutt
08-23-2002, 02:00 AM
the web site said sold out, but I just called and orderd one! ...wow 150+ with shipping and tax...I ahte fao sometimes...as long as it stays exclusive I don't mind so much...I could nearly by my own ship for that much....but who would fly it!!!

AdmiralPiett
08-23-2002, 02:36 AM
From the pic it looks as though this ship might have some "battle damage" areas on it. Or are those just shadows? If this thing has battle damage it shouldn't because the ship the Emperor arrived in was pretty much in pristine condition. I think a lot more people want this ship to recreate the "Imperial Shuttle arrival on the Death Star" scene than they want it for the "Endor Han, Luke, Leia, and Chewie fly to Endor" scene.
Piett

Sean the Hutt
08-23-2002, 03:23 AM
you are so right about the death star scene..that is what i wanrt to do too. I have an old one so I guess it will stay as the emporer's, maybe they will repackage it as Palpatine's shuttle and sell it everywhere for less later on.
I mean I can't beliece these ships are so limited...take the tie bomber. They tooled up for a measily 9000 tie bombers? It will be in ep 3 I bet! Then we can see it re released.
What about [ack in figures for the shuttle. there had better be at least 2 for that price. Anyone know what is up with the pack in's?

ajaugie1
08-23-2002, 08:57 AM
Everybody........PACK INS PACK INS PACK INS!

Rogue II
08-23-2002, 09:25 AM
For $120, they better give you guys a couple pack-ins, even if it is just a couple Saga Royal Guards and a POTF2 Emperor with cane. In my opinion, they are overcharging for it in the first place.

I noticed they didn't give any dimensions for it yet.

The Overlord Returns
08-23-2002, 12:20 PM
Thats a damn good point. If this thing doesn't come with atleast a couple of figures......it can'y possibly be worth 150 usd + tax.

Lord Tenebrous
08-23-2002, 12:33 PM
Unfortunately, there is no indication of pack-in figures. Unless something breaks in the next month or so, "what you see is what you get".

Yes, it's unfair, but it seems that FAO is the only store left who will risk a large, expensive ship. So you're paying for the lack of interest in the past years (TRU did not fare well with the Queen's Ship or the 12" Dewback; otherwise this ship may have gone to them)

icatch9
08-23-2002, 12:57 PM
The Queens ship wasn't a TRU exclusive. I saw one at another store. They did get stuck with the majority of them though. Most other stores are smarter and realized that parents can't afford $100 on a toy. Not ever in 80's did the big ships cost that much.

Still, $120 is a bit steep! No figures just a ship and a box. Pretty crappy :(. It's still cheaper than buying a vintage one on the secondary market :). Well, at least it is the same price as a vintage on one the secondary market :D. I've been priceing them lately and most go for around $125 loose complete. So there you go, we get a lesser quality, gutted, version of the same thing for more than an original on is worth.

I'd say wait until the price comes down, but that won't happen. If there are only 5,000 they'll never make it to a sale and FOA takes forever to clearance somethign out. It took them over a year to clearance out the Famba and then it was still to much. Oh well, if you've got to have it all you have to pay for this one too. We've got to buy it or they'll never make anything bigger than an X Wing.

thespar
08-23-2002, 02:03 PM
man 120 bucks for the ship man i had a hard parting with the 50 buck to buy the queens ship after it want on cleance. i guess another piece that will not make it in to my collection.

JangoFart
08-23-2002, 03:09 PM
Looks sweet. I pre-ordered mine last night. However, mine was rang up at $125.00 even though the webpage said $120.00. I sent 'em an email and I'll let you know how that goes.

I don't think it is anywhere near worth what they are asking. However, it is the shuttle and it's not like we can run to Wal-Mart and snag one cheaper.

J

OriginalBryGuy
08-23-2002, 03:24 PM
Yea, they may get my money if there are any left when I order. haha. Always loved that damn shuttle.

(5,000*$120)=$600,000

Nice job FAO..haha:D

Sean the Hutt
08-23-2002, 07:45 PM
PACK IN'S, PACK IN'S, PACK IN'S!

sith_killer_99
08-23-2002, 07:59 PM
What makes more sense?

5,000 X $120 = $600,000

or

15,000 X $60 = $900,000

I honestly think FAO is messing up an opportunity here. Even if they sold 10,000 units @ $60.00 and clearanced 5,000 @ $30.00 they STILL make out ahead by $150,000!!!

:crazed:

Darth forb1us
08-23-2002, 09:51 PM
packins? 5 figures?? HA! pack in a second ship and I'll pay $120 LOL
I'd buy one for 40 to 60.. 60 ugh.. maybe.. I dunno :/ It does look nice.. I'd have to see it on the shelf..
But $120? you can kiss my arse :p

JangoFart
08-23-2002, 11:00 PM
I raised a little cane and got mine at the $120.00 which the webpage stated, not the $125.00 which it rang up at. :)

J

Rogue II
08-23-2002, 11:41 PM
I was going to make fun of you for making a fuss about $5. Then I thought about it for a minute. $5 is another figure! ;)

So, are you going to get another Royal Guard for the Shuttle? :D

Old Fossil
08-23-2002, 11:51 PM
$120 = (roughly) 25 Clonetroopers , at their current Wal-mart price of 4.77. I really love the shuttle, BUT I think the Gunship may yet be of more use to us.

Come to think of it, $120 = 3 Republic Gunships, if I'm remembering the right pricing.

Looks like I'll have to pass on the Shuttle. Too rich for my blood.

LusiferSam
08-24-2002, 12:06 AM
Anybody else having problems pre-ordering? Or did I miss the window?

aharry
08-24-2002, 01:42 AM
I tried to order one through the website and got a message to call a 1-800 number. The lady I talked to said that the amount they had reserved for sale was sold out, I believe she said around 3800. She gave me two numbers of the nearest stores to see when they would receive them. I asked if the stores were taking preorders as well, but she didn't seem too sure. Does anyone know if the individual FAO stores would do such thing?

Mar10Sir
08-24-2002, 03:15 PM
No idea for there are no FAO's here. That sucks! Yeah, I know all about Internet or phone ordering but I always like to take a good look at what I'm buyin' and the conditions of the package.

The shuttle looks great. It's still not close to scale but I figure an accurate proportion version would be about 1/3 bigger and cost nearly $200.

Well... I guess I'll get mine on eBay. :(

Darn exclusives! >:(

bigbarada
08-24-2002, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Intresting, if it looks that good when it comes out they definatly did some retooling on the ship. Not sure what that odd box underneath it us though. It doesn't look like the handle that used to be on the old one. Maybe the altered it because they took out the electronics. I wish they would show us some alternate angles of it though. But hopefully we will start seeing some more images of the ship very soon. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

It's not retooled at all, this is exactly how the vintage one looked (except for the crappy "spacedust" paintjob). That handle on the bottom is the same one from the vintage shuttle also. The trigger wasn't for any electronics (there was a small button on the back for that) it was for lowering the wings. I owned a vintage Shuttle until recently (had to sell it because of money problems) so I had a chance to spend a lot of time with one up close. This new version is identical, except for the paint job of course.

The vintage shuttle was about an inch taller than the AT-AT and was the most accurate large vehicle ever made for the vintage line. So no retooling was necessary for this vehicle.

sith_killer_99
08-24-2002, 03:56 PM
Did you say an inch TALLER than the AT-AT???:eek:

I didn't realize it was THAT big, or accurate.:D

I will be lookin forward to getting mine.

bigbarada
08-24-2002, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by sith_killer_99
Did you say an inch TALLER than the AT-AT???:eek:

I didn't realize it was THAT big, or accurate.:D

I will be lookin forward to getting mine.

Looking at the picture again, I stand corrected. The Shuttle is actually about 2-3 inches taller than an AT-AT. However, most of that is wing so the AT-AT used much more plastic and has more moving parts. On top of that, the POTF2 AT-AT had electronics and two-exclusive figures. Thus there is no reason why the Shuttle should cost $35 more than the AT-AT. Or $25 more than the Queen's Starship (which had 2 bonus vehicles, 1 exclusive figure, interactive electronics, a fold out platform to double the size of the inside, lights, tons of sounds and more).

Here (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=46257) is the old pic I took of my vintage Shuttle next to my vintage AT-AT (with a CTC Vader thrown in to show that this picture was taken within the last three years - although it was actually taken last year). Too bad I don't own either vehicle anymore.:(

rynobot
08-25-2002, 12:53 AM
It seems that Hasbro charges items by the size of their box not how much it costs them to make it.

evenflow
08-25-2002, 08:18 AM
It looks really nice, huge price tag though. Any one know if any figures are included?

sith_killer_99
08-25-2002, 09:17 AM
Nothing has been said about pack-ins.

Which usually translates to...no.:cry:

That shuttle is a monster. It may be mostly wing, but the main body looks pretty stout. It is tough to justify spending THAT much money on a toy. However, being that it's goming out at Christmas time. I can see getting ONE of these.

echo1six
08-25-2002, 10:19 AM
I think 120 is highway robbery, I would love to have this ship but for a 120 + shipping i don't know if i'll get it. Hasbro is getting pretty skimpy on their ships since epII came out, what happend to having lights and electronic sounds with the ships Like the much better queens ship, us collectors are paying the high dollar for this stuff so we should get all the bells and whistles.

Rogue II
08-25-2002, 11:04 AM
I never thought of lights and sounds as a necessity on ships. Even when I was a kid, the battery compartments on the X-Wing and the Falcon became cargo holds. I'm happy with a nice paint job and a good sculpt. Besides, if it takes a few extra bucks off the cost...

The shuttle looks nice, but I could never rationalize spending $120 on a toy. And for $120, it should come with figures and sounds, but this is FAO we are talking about.

I will admit I like the lights and sounds on the AT-AT.

TylerD
08-25-2002, 11:47 AM
I think maybe I will wait a few years for it to go on clearance, then to buy it from someone on SSG for way cheaper. I just bought the FAO Fambaa from the classified sections on SSG for only $30! It pays to wait a few years....LOL

Sidiously Darth
08-25-2002, 02:43 PM
I still don't buy this crap from FAO. There has been no confirmation from Hasbro. I don't trust FAO. They charge almost double for everything in their stores. Items you can find at just about any TRU, WM, KB or Target for much less.

Heck, even when Habro gives the okay, I'm not buying. FAO basically strong-armed its way into an exclusive. You didn't see the other stores hyping exclusives just to see if it was worth their time. I'd rather spend $200 on a mint vintage and then customize it for myself. At least I would get satisfaction out of it and not be toyed with by some store.:frus:

Rogue II
08-25-2002, 03:07 PM
Sidiously Darth, I totally agree with you, but...

http://209.197.117.27/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=ssnews2.setup&category=starwars&topic=31&show_article=469

It was confirmed the other day. It says limited to 5000, but at that one convention, Hasbro said they wouldn't do a run that small. I don't know who to believe.

In the end, it doesn't really matter to since I'm not getting one.

Sidiously Darth
08-25-2002, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the link RII but I read it on the front page the other day. As far as confirmation, yeah it's on their website but Hasbro has nothing about it on their website or have presented any kind of statement.

I'll laugh my butt off if December rolls around and no shuttles show up.

I'd keep a close eye on the credit card bills for those that preordered!

Rogue II
08-25-2002, 03:22 PM
I can't believe people gave FAO their Credit Card #s a while back without seeing the ship having something officially saying that the ship would be produced.

If they screw this up, there's going to be a lot of unhappy campers. And, Sidiously Darth and I can point and laugh at them

DarkArtist
08-25-2002, 03:31 PM
Was just on the FAO website before. Upon finding the link for the shuttle there is a note that says sold out. Hasn't even been released or confirmed until now and it is already gone.

sicqnus
08-26-2002, 12:25 PM
[i]
It was confirmed the other day. It says limited to 5000, but at that one convention, Hasbro said they wouldn't do a run that small. I don't know who to believe.
[/B]

Hmmmm....

5000 ex worldwide....

Here in Europe, we'll gonna have a few shuttles in UK and Germany. FAO employees said they have been allocated 3800 units for the US stores.
What to believe ?

It seems the Fao Website is sold out now... I ordered mine at planetactionfigure. The price is a little bit higher but the shipping cost is really lower !

The Overlord Returns
08-26-2002, 12:36 PM
Personally I think every single "fan" collector should have boycotted this exclusive. It's way overpriced, should NOT be limited to 5000, and is available essentially, to the older american collector only, or a canadian who wants to spend over 200 on a single ship which, despite a new paint job, came out 20 years. I wouldn't touch this thing with a ten foot pole.

Wolfwood
08-26-2002, 01:13 PM
Well if its sold out it might just be sold out on the FAO website. Not that anyone would want to go hunting down something that is going to shake out your wallet :) I'd rather save up $120 more and buy the real shuttle MISB from classic toys by my house :)

bigbarada
08-26-2002, 02:06 PM
The only bright spot in all of this is that every vintage vehicle rerelease has resulted in the original vintage version dropping drastically in price (for the most part) we can only hope that the same happens for the vintage Shuttle and people will be able to get ahold of one of those instead.

It's not the money that bothers me, since if I set my mind to it I could come up with $120 for this thing. It's the principle of the matter. We've just proven to Hasbro (and FAO) that they can release anything with the the magic words of "exclusive" and "limited run" and we will flock to it like a pack of hungry wolves.

I would much rather pay upwards of $300 for a vintage shuttle (again) than give Hasbro or FAO the satisfaction.

RaptorMCSE
08-27-2002, 02:13 PM
Hi, everyone

I just talked to FAO again about 5 min ago. They said that "The phone order, sales department of FAO was only allocated 1200 shuttles and it was going to ship on december 12th"

The operator I talked to said that there were 64 left for order, then I asked "just for fun" has Hasbro made it official that they were infact being produced and FAO had exclusive rights to it, and she said who is Hasbro doooooh and then when asked if the order is guaranteed she said yeah if we get it then you will.

Um do thees people have any clue what they are selling? I hope I just got that "This is my first day" employee

I think I will call them back one more time.

Raptor:eek:

thespar
08-27-2002, 02:31 PM
man i hope you are right on that or fao does not know what they are talking about. back to topic hope that this does come out right for those of you who have order this item.

RaptorMCSE
08-27-2002, 05:05 PM
Hi, everyone

Check out the FAO site they have removed the Limited to 5,000 pieces on the shuttle description. So I guess the really dont know what is going on. I hope this is all they change and dont decide to cancell it all together.

Raptor:confused:

Beast
08-27-2002, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by RaptorMCSE
Hi, everyone
Check out the FAO site they have removed the Limited to 5,000 pieces on the shuttle description. So I guess the really dont know what is going on. I hope this is all they change and dont decide to cancell it all together.

Raptor:confused:
Looks like Hasbro "NERF™ crotch batted" FAO for claiming 5,000 pieces when it's not that limited. About time that FAO stopped claiming that they were limited to that few, when Hasbro themselves stated that they never would do such a small run. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Sidious
08-27-2002, 05:15 PM
Thats a lot of money...way to much for me...But I really like it! It looks pretty big, but not $120 worth. Maybe 70, 80 tops. That just urinatees me off!

(Look above at "Urinatees", thats what happens when you try to type p*sses. I love it! :D)

RaptorMCSE
08-27-2002, 05:21 PM
hehe "NERF crotch batted"

Hellboy
08-27-2002, 05:40 PM
I'm waiting on this one for sure. It seems odd that Hasbro hasn't given us any solid details on the price, pack-in's, and production #'s. I wouldn't be surprised if they were waiting to see how many pre-orders that FAO gets before they decide to make a final decision on the exact amount they will produce. If you think about it this would be somewhat smart considering the past problems with certain exclusives not meeting sales expectations. :)

Beast
08-27-2002, 05:46 PM
Hasbro never hypes exclusives, they leave that to the store. I was suprised to see the TRU and Wal-Mart ones at the conventions this summer. Generally store exclusives are mostly low key releases and don't get much press. :)

They can't wait until they see how many pre-orders FAO pulls in, because it takes quite a long time for production. If the ship is coming in December, they likely are already done with production and are finishing up packaging all of them. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Hellboy
08-27-2002, 05:56 PM
Yeah I see what your saying Jar Jar but it would be possible for them to make the initial 5K or so and produce more if the pre-orders weren't met or if interest was greater than expected. :)

Old Fossil
08-27-2002, 09:39 PM
This is shaping up to be yet another Star Wars toy fiasco. Like as not there will be, in the end, 3-4 angry customers for every 1 that is satisfied with this Shuttle business.

bigbarada
08-28-2002, 03:06 PM
Most people accepted the high price based one the claim that the Shuttle would be limited to 5000. Changing that amounts to false advertising and could warrant a hefty fine being placed on FAO by the Better Business Bureau.

Also, Hasbro and FAO claiming that it will be a limited run exclusive just to see if anyone is interested AND collecting people's credit card numbers on a product they have no current plans to make, amounts to corporate fraud. In other words, it is a crime that could land some higher ups at Hasbro and FAO in prison. So, no, it is not a smart tactic.

Stuff like this is how Icons lost their liscense to produce Star Wars prop replicas (anyone who got duped into pre-ordering their Han Solo blaster and actually had their credit card charged for a product that was never made, knows exactly what I am talking about).

Beast
08-28-2002, 03:12 PM
BiGB, Hasbro was very upset with FAO Schwartz for claiming the limit and for taking pre-orders when they hadn't locked up the exclusive yet. So if the fault lies with anyone, it is with FAO Schwartz. Which is no big suprise, they have been a shoddy company for years. I wish Hasbro would have just pulled the exclusive from them and offered it thru some other store. Though I doubt that any other store would have taken it. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

RaptorMCSE
08-28-2002, 03:34 PM
Hi, Jar Jar

So this is a done deal FAO will have them right? And it will not be limited to 5000? did you talk to hasbro about this. I have called them and can get no info about the matter and FAO has no clue what is going on.

kinda makes you wonder how they stay in business.

Raptor

Beast
08-28-2002, 03:46 PM
Well, since they were taking actual orders over the internet, and not just pre-order lists like they did a few months ago, I would say that it is a done deal.

And yes, I don't buy the limited to 5000 claims. Hasbro said they would never do such a limited edition. Hell, the 12" 2-packs that FAO had in the past were limited to 15,000. And less people collect the 12", then collect the 4" stuff.

FAO is clueless half of the time anyway. They are a specialty toy store for the rich, that is the big problem. If you have ever been to the actual store (especially the New York or Vegas one), you will see that is clear. And their business is on a decline, they already closed quite a few of their smaller stores.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Patient Zero
08-28-2002, 03:47 PM
I have been to the one in NY and the one in King of Prussa mall. The stores are pathetic. They have more gimics and displays than toys.

Beast
08-28-2002, 03:50 PM
That's true Jonna, infact their new logo should be:

FAO Schwarz, More Gimmicks Then The Entire Star Wars Saga Line. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JangoFart
08-28-2002, 03:55 PM
Well, I went to the FAO in San Francisco in 1999 at the height of EP1's buzz. There was a FANTASTIC Star Wars layout, at the time. They had a Millennium Falcon that was the size of my Dodge Durango and they had an AT-AT that was, at least, 10 ft high at the head.

Although I ordered one, I think the Shuttle's price is damn-near criminal. And, I agree w/ JarJar that their business practices are questionable, at best. However, I thoroughly dug the store at the time I visited it.

J

Darth Sidious
08-28-2002, 04:41 PM
Does anyone know how big it is? It looks huge, from the size of the cockpit...I'd like to know, if this thread is "Alive" when they are released or if anyone knows now...

bigbarada
08-28-2002, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Darth Sidious
Does anyone know how big it is? It looks huge, from the size of the cockpit...I'd like to know, if this thread is "Alive" when they are released or if anyone knows now...

I posted this on the second page, but it is apparently pretty hard to find for people just skimming through the thread, so I will post the link again:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=46257

It is a comparison shot of the vintage Shuttle with the vintage AT-AT, with a Commtech Vader thrown in for good measure.:)

Darth Sidious
08-28-2002, 05:25 PM
Look at the size of that thing! It's huge! Is that 1/1 scale? It looks like it...

bigbarada
08-28-2002, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Darth Sidious
Look at the size of that thing! It's huge! Is that 1/1 scale? It looks like it...

Even though the toy itself is gigantic, it is still too small compared to the movie vehicle. For one, Darth Vader should be able walk underneath the lowest part of the nose without ducking or bumping his head.

While the cockpit is made for two figures, if you had a mind to, you could easily fit three Imperial Officers in there shoulder to shoulder. Even so, the cockpit in the actual movie fits six, with room for people to walk around in the back, plus the Shuttle carried the entire Endor strike team.

It's still an awesome toy, though, and definitely the highlight of the vintage line.:cool:

Sidiously Darth
08-28-2002, 08:24 PM
I know Hasbro usually doesn't promote exclusives but I find it hard to believe they know nothing or have nothing to say in regards to this product.

And just b/c is says exclusive, that doesn't mean crap. The online stores will be selling it 2 weeks before FAO actually gets them and at about $200-$250 each. That's if the shuttle gets released. I'm still not buying this!!!

Beast
08-28-2002, 08:33 PM
Actually the online stores already have it for sale. I ordered mine from Planet Action Figure. They get the ships directly from Hasbro overseas, so when I buy the shuttle from them I pay two people. PAF and Hasbro. That is how badly I think of FAO, that I would pay more to avoid giving FAO anything.

Cost of Shuttle at FAO = 125.00
Cost of Shuttle at PAF = 150.00
Avoiding Buying from FAO = Priceless. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks