PDA

View Full Version : Am I crazy for opening all my figures and ships?

DarthJoe
08-22-2002, 06:20 PM
I've been collecting for a long time now. I have about every figure, ship, big, small, you all get the point. I have all the small figures on pegboard in plastic cases on the wall and everything else on shelves in a room just for Star Wars. Today I started opening things up and it didn't bother me a bit, but my wife is telling me I'm crazy and will regret it later. Anyone else go through this?

jedihunter25
08-22-2002, 06:30 PM
It all depends on what YOU want to do with them. If you are just planning to bank a couple bucks off it in the future then the ones you opened up are not worth as much. I open all my stuff except some 12" that looks cooler in the box or my two Jorge Segals (1 in the package and 1 out of the package). I do not plan on selling any of my stuff, I made that mistake back around 86'-87' and I still regret it.

sith_killer_99
08-22-2002, 06:34 PM
I am a carded/loose collector. It can be a tricky business. Here is my style:

Open ALL ships.

I open all the ships because they take up too much room all boxed up. Plus, the older stuff didn't have little windows so, how else could you see it.

I keep 1 of each figure carded. If I really like the figure I buy an extra to open. If it's an army builder, I buy a few, usually 4 or so to open.

Personally, I say whatever makes you happiest....do it. There are folks on both sides (carded collectors and loose collectors) who think the others are crazy.

:crazed:

QLD
08-22-2002, 06:36 PM
Crazy as a fox baby!

I open everything. Jorg Sacul included. It's the best decision I ever made actually!

boss nass
08-22-2002, 06:48 PM
Do u want to trade any of your boxes i need a Bantha and Raider box also a Dewback and stormtrooper box?These are the only things i got loose and i want to box them

The True Maul
08-22-2002, 07:20 PM
I would say no your not crazy because i'm a loose collector and I think it's better!! :)

stormie
08-22-2002, 07:47 PM
The only crazy idea is thinking that any of the '95-present stuff will appreciate in value. ;)

sith_killer_99
08-22-2002, 07:53 PM
Yeah, especially those lame Collection 3 Freeze Frame figures.:rolleyes:

:crazed:

Jargo
08-22-2002, 08:19 PM
Enjoy your toys. If it makes you feel good to handle the product and appreciate the work that went into them and the craft etc. Then open them all. I went through hell, not sure whether to keep carded or open, I opened to begin with then bought seconds to keep carded then opened all of those too. I love my collection more for being able to touch them and pick them up and play with them. You need to do more dusting if you open them but what were the toys made for after all? No-one's going to diss you for opening exept yourself really. Do what your heart tells you DarthJoe. Be a big kid again and enjoy it. :)

Patient Zero
08-22-2002, 08:26 PM
You are just fruity as a loom.

FOTL, baby, all the way! Actually I prefer Haines.

bigbarada
08-23-2002, 01:29 AM
Yes, open everything and open it NOW!!:crazed:

Stormie's right, anyone who believes that this stuff will make them rich in the future is just fooling themselves. All the carded/mint-in-package collectors out there hoping to strike it rich will be thwarted by all the carded/mint-in-package collectors out there hoping to strike it rich.