PDA

View Full Version : Interesting experience with the new figures

gsr-jedi
08-22-2002, 06:58 PM
So earlier today, I go to Target and as I'm walking to the SW toys I see a TA Ani. Since I picked one up a couple days ago, I start looking for the Maul, and I found it. But, when I picked it up, I noticed that the bubble was pretty banged up. So, I put it down and looked for another, and found a second one, but it's bubble was also banged up. I'm a carded collector, so I'm like what's up with this. I checked out the the TA Ani, and his bubble is messed up. I remember reading here that the case with TA Ani and Maul also has Yoda, HD Ani, and I think Bespin Luke with the peg. This Target also had a Yoda, HD Ani, and Bespin Luke with the peg, and guess what, they all had messed up bubbles. It seems like that whole case was messed up. So I went to three other Targets and didn't find anything. But at a K-Mart, they had a sticker on the shelf for the Arena playset, but no price on it. The Maul looks real nice, if you didn't already know. So close. :cry:

hango fett
08-22-2002, 07:01 PM
that had to suck! bet anything it was scalpers!!! grr!!
H

TylerD
08-22-2002, 07:04 PM
One time I saw an angry mother going through the aisles at Target smashing everything with her cart's wheels......just where is the Target you go to GSR? ;)

LTBasker
08-22-2002, 07:08 PM
If it was the whole case worth of stuff, then likely it was just a clumsy or not caring loader/unloader. Scalpers usually just go for the HTF and new stuff, I doubt they'd smash in Bespin Lukes unless they were bloody stumps.

The True Maul
08-22-2002, 07:09 PM
It really stinks when that happens it gets me so mad when it's a figure I need. :mad: :mad: :mad:

sith_killer_99
08-22-2002, 07:16 PM
I remember when my local TRU got the Swimming Jar-Jar wave. The stocker went in the back and pulled a case for me. Then a friend of mine asked for one (he only came 1 to a case) so the guy goes in the back and brings out an UNOPENED case.

We open the cased and BAM...Swimming Jar-Jar's card was trashed! Just the Jar-Jar...all the other figures were fine.

My friend ended up trading for his Swimming Jar-Jar, and I got 1 MOMC and 1 loose.;)

Anyway, I've seen odd things come through shipping. From a single damaged figure to whole cases suffering from water damage.:crazed:

gsr-jedi
08-22-2002, 07:22 PM
Tyler, this was the secondary Target for me, it's about 6 miles from my house. At my local Target, which is about 1/2 a mile away, is where I found the TA Ani. And yes it really, really sucked.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-22-2002, 09:10 PM
Hmm . . . if anyone happens to pick up an extra TA Ani or Maul or Yoda with a screwy bubble - as long as the figure inside is in tiptop shape - I'll be glad to take it off your hands. ;)

KIDD
08-22-2002, 10:59 PM
I asked one of the toy guys at my local target to get me some figures out of the back and he came out with a shopping cart full of figures and most had damaged bubbles. With all those figures piled in a shopping cart thats why they are all damaged

TylerD
08-22-2002, 11:52 PM
I too would love to get these figures, with or without damaged bubble....even loose and complete!!!

Jayspawn
08-23-2002, 12:06 AM
Thats odd. I don't usually run into damaged cards. But I believe those figures were probably damaged by a careless handler.

TheFrankEinstein
08-23-2002, 01:28 AM
Not that I don't sympathize with MOC collectors, but I miss the days when whatever chain it was punched holes in the cards. Who was it, TRU? Target? Whoever it was, we loose collectors had great fun actually being able to FIND the figures :D And I bet it made lots of kids happy, too, being able to find them. Ahem.

KIDD
08-23-2002, 09:22 AM
it was target. and they got reported and fined for damaging the cards on the figures and it makes them no better then the card bending f@ckers around here that damage the cards