PDA

View Full Version : Micro Machine and Action Fleet Picture Thread.

Glitch
08-22-2002, 07:44 PM
I was just looking around at some of the cool pics of things in your collections that you guys have posted, and I was thinking that it would be really cool to have a thread devoted solely to pictures.

So, if you have pics of something cool that you have had for a long time and have not posted pics of (not so fast, Jeddah, I'm talkin' to you and your colorful test shot :) ), something that you just found in stores/traded for, or even a pic of something that you found on the net that you think is cool, post it hear. Let's just try to keep this to AF and Micro Machines - please no pics of your cat.

I'll kick it off....

Glitch
08-22-2002, 07:49 PM
Here is a closer look at the exhaust prongs. They open and close when you turn the engine ring.

good shot jansen
08-22-2002, 08:26 PM
and thought that they were presented extremely well.

enjoy

i will put together masons and my collection maybe over the weekend for a photo shoot. i'v been meaning to do it for some time now. this thread has given me a good reason to git off my arse and go do it:eek:

Glitch
08-22-2002, 09:11 PM
Damn, that's a lot of AF figures.

That dead Tauntaun cracks me up every time. It almost looks like roadkill the way it is in the case.

GSJ,

I agree. Sometimes you want to show a pic of something, but you don't want to start a new thread just for an image or two.

JediTricks
08-23-2002, 02:20 AM
Very cool pics you guys, and a cool thread concept. Have I mentioned lately how much I hate Hasbro for killing the line when we had such great Action Fleet, Die Cast, and MM toys coming?

I'll try to shoot pics of my E-wing test shot before next week, but I never seem to have the time these days. I said I'd deliver last week and couldn't so I'm now under the gun.

Glitch
08-23-2002, 02:29 AM
JT,

I also have a set of the last five unproduced die-cast ships around here somewhere (MTT, Gungan Sub, Naboo Fighter, Anakin's Pod, and the Landing Ship). I think I also have the last three sets of unreleased micros too (Opee, Sando, Yoda, Troop Transport, etc...).

I'll take some picks of those too.

JediGoofy
08-23-2002, 03:34 AM
Oh mio Dio!

Glitch, so you have the last 5 UNPRODUCED DIE-CASTS and the last 3 UNPRODUCED MM E1 COLLECTIONS!!! :eek:

Be careful to say something like this here, in this forum. There are people who could kill to have something like that! :Pirate:

Yes, show us pictures, please. And then let us alone, weeping in the dark! :)

Ciao,
JediGoofy

P.S. May I be your slave for 1 year to get those Die-casts and MMs? :crazed:

sicqnus
08-23-2002, 03:49 AM
This is the Alpha series Snowspeeder, i've got three in my collection but one in particular is full of factory errors.

Here are two links, the regular and the error one for comparison.

http://www.sicqnus.com/imagafalp/regularalphasnow.jpg

http://www.sicqnus.com/imagafalp/erroralphasnow.jpg

Many errors on one ship.

I will post the Wedge's X-Wing variations soon.

sicqnus
08-23-2002, 04:45 AM
http://www.sicqnus.com/imagafalp/xwingalphareg.jpg

http://www.sicqnus.com/imagafalp/xwingalphaerror.jpg

This variation can be found in the second Alpha wave with the Topp's card included...

Sicqnus

sicqnus
08-23-2002, 05:51 AM
1997 Mexican "Guerra de la Galaxias" promotional Micro Machines offer.

These are real MM, Lucasfilm registred (not bootlegs).
Available on the Maxican market between march 1 to september 30 - 1997.
Promo from the sweets brand "Sonric's Landia" (property of "Chuppa Chup's" USA).
Sweets boxes contains sweets (from Abejitas, Bombiux, Tix-Tix, Pico-Rico) and one ship.
There are ten ships to collect plus an exclusive Death Star wich opens in two parts.
The ships are made of a harder plastic and painted with a darker pewter-finish than the Collector Editions.
No holes under the ships and no stands.
Ships are : Executor, Star Destroyer, Tie Fighter, Shuttle Tydirium, Snowspeeder, Millenium Falcon, Cloud Car, X-Wing, B-Wing, Slave One.
All the ships are sealed in individual plastic baggies except for the DS.
Ships were put inside the boxes in a random way.
The Death Star is much rarer. It is sealed by a plastic belt and contain some sweets.
Each box contains a mini Micro-machines diorama (five to collect).
For collectors, an instruction sheet was available on demand.

Pics below :

Instruction sheet : http://www.sicqnus.com/options/espa06.jpg
Ships & Death Star : http://www.sicqnus.com/options/espa09.jpg
A view of the whole set : http://www.sicqnus.com/options/espa01.jpg
Close-up of the DS : http://www.sicqnus.com/options/espa03.jpg
A view of one box (unused) : http://www.sicqnus.com/options/espa07.jpg
Another view of ships with DS : http://www.sicqnus.com/options/espa08.jpg
Two sealed baggies : http://www.sicqnus.com/options/espa02.jpg

Enjoy :D

britcit3
08-23-2002, 06:02 AM
Hey Glitch

I WOULD kill for the last 3 unproduced Ep1 MM sets.

What is your address ? - I'm just getting the plane fair to the US together !!

BC3

britcit3
08-23-2002, 06:07 AM
PS I will never rest until I have bagged them...........

BC3

good shot jansen
08-23-2002, 08:25 AM
photo of my individually numbered, special edition initial production run action fleet.

each one of the boxes is numbered 48.

when action fleet was initially released, the 1st 2500 of the original 6 ships, plus the kay-bee exclusive at-st/landspeeder 2 pack were individually numbered by means of a blue tag applied to the top portion of the cellophane window panel.

these are the pride and joy of my action fleet collection, (they are also the only ones that i will absolutely not open)(can't say so much for the zaap pack, that suckers been opened and played with quite happily for two years now:eek: )

LTBasker
08-23-2002, 09:42 AM
Well I haven't had it for a long time but I just wanted to post a pic of my HMS Bounty.

I think some people will find the HMS Bounty pic quite interesting. :evil: err :happy:

Glitch
08-23-2002, 11:24 AM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

No cats! NOOOOOOO cats!

...nice ship though.

GSJ,

VERY cool set. I never picked up any of the numbered first sets. I really don't know what I was thinking :( I took home the first samples that we received, and they were not in the numbered boxes. How where you able to get the all of them with the same number? By any chance, was it an auction?

P.S. Those freaky, overly happy kids in the old Galloob print ads ALWAYS crack me up.

I might start a new thread on this, but there was a kid in one of our old commercials from the 80's that turned out to be a MAJOR star. The best part is, he has a mullet.

I have one of the only existing tapes of this commercial - the master Galoob copy. None of use realized who it was until it was nearly recorded over forever.

LTBasker
08-23-2002, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Glitch
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

No cats! NOOOOOOO cats!

...nice ship though.

Well you know Klingons, it's hard to catch them when they're not battling the fiercest things out there. ;)

P.S. Those freaky, overly happy kids in the old Galloob print ads ALWAYS crack me up.

I might start a new thread on this, but there was a kid in one of our old commercials from the 80's that turned out to be a MAJOR star. The best part is, he has a mullet.

I have one of the only existing tapes of this commercial - the master Galoob copy. None of use realized who it was until it was nearly recorded over forever.

I've actually never seen the ones with just the kids, I saw the ones with "the fastest talking man in the world" guy. I miss the old Military micro commercials, they were so cool. :cry:

Glitch
08-23-2002, 11:45 AM
Take THIS!

vulcantouch
08-23-2002, 11:47 AM
you better have Two sets of them 14-16 ep1mm ships, or only me Or bc3'll be leavin your place alive :dead: in that case, nuthin personal bc3, but i'll aim for it to be me :Pirate:

careful ltb: some1's pet dog once chewed up my stinger, necessitating its replacement :eek:

glitch: "Those freaky, overly happy kids in the old Galloob print ads ALWAYS crack me up"
-yeah really; anyone knows mms don't inspire Glee, they inspire Sublime contemplative Awe :cool:

"there was a kid in one of our old commercials from the 80's that turned out to be a MAJOR star"
-lemme guess: mason reese?? rodney allen rippee?? one of the coreys?? if so, i'm afraid none of Them count as Major :evil:
vt

Glitch
08-23-2002, 12:17 PM
VT,

I'll add to your list of washed-up, "never work again" child stars AND, yes AND, get us back on topic with one pic.

Glitch
08-23-2002, 12:20 PM
If you wanted to know if the kid was messed up, all you had to do was look inside his head....

LTBasker
08-23-2002, 12:21 PM
VT,

I'll add to your list of washed-up, "never work again" child stars AND, yes AND, get us back on topic with one pic.

Hehe.

The fold-out heads were always cool, is the Anakin one very detailed?

Look at those beady little + sign eyes... :D

good shot jansen
08-23-2002, 12:25 PM
How where you able to get the all of them with the same number? By any chance, was it an auction?

at the time i spotted the auction for the #48's i already had the six ships (minus the 2 pack), what had interested me in the auction in the 1st place, was until i saw the auction, i wasn't even aware that the kay-bee exclusive at-st/landspeeder 2 pack was numbered as well.

once i had won the auction for the #48's, i passed my complete set along to baal. i also had some duplicates in my collection of the vaders tie, which went to r2dee2, and the a-wing which now resides in sunny california being given a good home by none other than jt.

to keep this post somewhat on topic, i'm including a photo from jim fong's site (jkf), which shows the blue prints for the fabrication of the storm troopers transforming head playset (only cause i think it's sooooo cool)

Glitch
08-23-2002, 12:34 PM
LTB,

It is VERY detailed.

GSJ,

Cool story! Congrats on the set! This Baal guy seems to be everywhere these days. :)

Tibor
08-23-2002, 12:51 PM
Hi Glitch,

Any chance that you have some leftover similar plans for the Indy MM playset?... that was rejected - argggh.

I have no cat to offer up, sorry.

Glitch
08-23-2002, 01:03 PM
Tibor,

I think I do. Let me give it a look. I have quite a few of those things all rolled up somewhere.

Since you don't have a cat to offer, I will GLADLY send you the one in the pic.

Can I get an address - please?

Tibor
08-23-2002, 01:27 PM
Glitch, I've got a teeny little PO box you could squeeze it into and test if they really can judge spaces with their whiskers...

I'd love to see those (plans that is, not squished kitties), thanks. I picked up one of the odd overseas (Spain if I remember) issues of Indy sets (sized like STMM 3 packs). The vehicles were the same, but there was a different little Indy figure than the big USA issued set had. I really hoped they'd make more of that license than they did.

And actually, on a similar note (toy folklore), why didn't it ever occur to the STMM folks to extend their collector franchise by simply altering the markings of ships to create fleets. Such as the Lakota, or Pegasus, or so on.

Maybe the markings and packaging were some of the most expensive parts, I don't know, but it always seemed to me they missed the boat (or ship in this case) and could have pulled a lot more $$$ out of me (and fellow STMM fans) if they had more ships of similar classes.

Tibor

sicqnus
08-23-2002, 05:39 PM
I didn't know the bonus Indy figure in the MM set was a European exclusive... (thanks Tibor !). I have this set in my collection (http://www.sicqnus.com/imagmc/indymm.jpg) but I bought it in the USA for $4.99 ! I checked the box and at the back of the box and there is a CE (European Community) logo... Never saw it before... I must be a blind man...

The Disney Indiana Jones sets are cool but the figures aren't enough detailed. The German flying wing and the Jordanian tank are great !

Here are my two Banthas :

Pichibou (translate : Pee-Poo-Eat).
http://www.sicqnus.com/options/peebooo.jpg
Liwize (Leeweeze - no translation).
http://www.sicqnus.com/options/liwizz.jpg

BAAAAANTHA POOOOO DOOOO ! : Miaou! (Meow) Miaou! (Meow)....:p

JediTricks
08-24-2002, 04:19 AM
Glitch, I can't wait to see those! I thought just about everything from the cancelled end of Ep 1 MM product was top-notch and would probably have done better than wave 1.

Originally posted by sicqnus
This is the Alpha series Snowspeeder, i've got three in my collection but one in particular is full of factory errors.

Here are two links, the regular and the error one for comparison.

http://www.sicqnus.com/imagafalp/regularalphasnow.jpg

http://www.sicqnus.com/imagafalp/erroralphasnow.jpg

Many errors on one ship.

I will post the Wedge's X-Wing variations soon. I have that "error" one you have in that 2nd shot Sicqnus, right down to the 2 concept pilots. I "modified" it by completely removing the landing leg and the boxy thing that holds the landing leg to the body, so I guess I "ruined" a "variation" :D.

Basker, you're evil, EVIL! ;) And is it my imagination, or do you have 2 of this MM? (And if I tried this with my cat, I'd have 2 less MMs ;))

Glitch, is it my imagination or is that Anakin MM transforming playset painted totally differently from the prototype Hasbro was showing off at Toy Fair 2000 (or was it 2001) both inside and out?

GSJ's A-wing sits on my AF shelf of honor right next to the emblemless green A-wing and the test-shot E-wing. :cool: Can't thank him enough for that piece, it's my ONLY numbered Action Fleet (the numbered AF actually almost kept me from being a completist with the line, a friend had all the ones I didn't and let me check 'em out and the funky cockpit issues on the numbered A-wing and Shuttle turned me off from buying 'em for quite a while).

sicqnus
08-24-2002, 04:31 AM
HI JT,

Glitch, is it my imagination or is that Anakin MM transforming playset painted totally differently from the prototype Hasbro was showing off at Toy Fair 2000 (or was it 2001) both inside and out?

To my opinion, it's the same prototype. The pic is just darker.
You can compare by yourself. Here is the pic from Toy Fair :

Tibor
08-24-2002, 06:19 AM
Hi Sicqnus,

The large set looks the same. The 3-vehicle packs that I have also each have a different separate figure that isn't included in the set you pictured. One set is from Temple of Doom and has a jacket-less, open shirt Indy, and the other is from Last Crusade and has a Boy Scout version of Young Indy from the opening of the movie.

There was a third set that had the Raiders figure included, but I didn't buy it as everything was included in the large set already.

I don't think there were any more since Galoob squished Glitch's great playset ideas. Maybe some more fun stuff will come out with the 4th movie, but I guess I won't hold my breath waiting.

Tibor

Glitch
08-24-2002, 01:31 PM
Mine is the playset on top, the closed one. I designed the Qui-Gon Playset to the right, too. This was the first "non-helmet" human head/playset. It was odd, but the playset inside would have kicked a s s! You could recreate EVERY event at the beginning of the film that took place in the Federation Battleship. Unlike some of the other head playsets. This was a TRUE playset, and less of a gimmick. I did the concept, but not the execution. It really should have been MUCH more.

I have the old concept scetch around here somewhere that points out the features and gives a much better idea of the layout. I will post a pic of it later this weekend.

Also, there was one more human head playset that was designed, but only made it to the proto phase. I'll try to post some pics of that as well. It was SO bad that it was openly laughed at when it was presented at Lucasfilm. I still hear about it to this day!

LTBasker
08-24-2002, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Basker, you're evil, EVIL! ;) And is it my imagination, or do you have 2 of this MM? (And if I tried this with my cat, I'd have 2 less MMs ;))

Nope, only got one HMS. The one that is actually on the cat is the Generations BoP. This cat is actually the oldest and she just lays there so she wasn't really interested in playing with them, she just wanted to look out the window which is where I took the picture. :D

Glitch, does yours open up too or was it just made to be a closed display version?

haggie
08-24-2002, 02:23 PM
View my collection in all it's glory (never mind the basketball).

Glitch
08-24-2002, 02:30 PM
No, it does open. I posted a pic of it all spread out in the next message.

haggie
08-24-2002, 02:31 PM
I've never seen any mention of the Canadian AFs and I happen to have one so my next few posts will be dedicated to pics. Here is the front of the box with the strange "Main Event Toys" logo on the front. What the heck is Main Event Toys?

haggie
08-24-2002, 02:31 PM
Here's a closer look at the Canadian Galoob logo and the Main Event Toys logo.

haggie
08-24-2002, 02:33 PM
And for our French collectors out there, here is the back of the box with all the text in English and French (plus a red Canadian Galoob logo).

haggie
08-24-2002, 02:39 PM
BTW, I have no interest in keeping this Canadian Blockade Runner (because I plan on opening it eventually so I'd be just as happy with an American one) so if anyone (ahem... SWAFMAN, collector of all AFs, including foreign packaging) is interested in making a trade for it, LMK. The window is a bit beat up and the box has some dings but it has not been opened.

sicqnus
08-24-2002, 05:35 PM
Hi Haggie,

I have some Canadian AF in my Collection with the Canadian Galoob logo "à la feuille d'Erable" and the "Main Event Toys" (Canadian distributor) logo too. In France we had lots of AF with the "Ideal" logo (French distributor) and the CE (European Community) logo (from 1995 to 1997). Look at the pic : http://www.sicqnus.com/imagaf\tievader1.jpg

haggie
08-25-2002, 01:56 AM
Whoa. Haven't seen that box before (BTW, the URL in your post had an error. The link is http://www.sicqnus.com/imagaf/tievader1.jpg for anyone wanting to look). I like the Itialian box since it has the Star Wars logo in Italian. I wish the Frencn boxes did the same.

JediTricks
08-27-2002, 05:27 AM
Ack! Oop!

Wow, what a difference a Toy Fair display makes! :D It's hard to believe those are the same exact playsets.

I can't wait to see the laughable playset proto....

sicqnus
08-27-2002, 06:46 AM
Here are the Green POTJ boxed MM from Toyfair 2000.

Cool packaging design.

sicqnus
08-27-2002, 06:48 AM
And the cool Micro machines green boxed "GEARMATES" :

sicqnus
08-27-2002, 06:51 AM
Once more !!!

Green packaging Alpha series Naboo Royal cruiser & Infiltrator...

good shot jansen
08-27-2002, 10:03 AM
i had completely forgotten about the gear mates. what on earth happend to that line? they were touting it as being the main thrust of the micro machines line, and then poof! gone never to be heard from again.

when gear mates were 1st announced, i had yet to start collection mm's and wasn't terribly interested in them, however, now being in the vortex of mm wonderment for three years now, i'd love to have those sets re-considered and released.

do you have any information on thje gear mates line glitch? (prolly not, as you were involved with action fleet fairly exclusivly, but any information that you might have about what happened to the gear mates line would be appreciated! :) )

Glitch
08-27-2002, 11:43 AM
Gear Mates were GOD AWFUL from concept to execution, and they will never see the light of day. This is what happens when someone has a pet idea, and they won't listen to anyone else - kind of like X-ray Fleet. They had ZERO play value beyond the first 30 seconds, and worse, they had NO point of purchase appeal. Why did they all have to be those fat, nasty block shapes? Nobody knows.

Trust me, the ONLY reason you MIGHT want these things is because they are unreleased. At Toy Fair, they were almost totally ignored by buyers and fans alike. Anyone who did take the time for a demo walked away rolling ther eyes and shaking their head. Hell, if they laugh, at least it is somewhat memorable.

They didn't have a prayer, but had they been released, these would have been clogging the clearance isles everywhere.

Oh, by the way, I never really cared for them.

britcit3
08-27-2002, 01:13 PM
Hey Glitch

Are the vehicles in the GEAR MATES playsets real micro's? - never seen them before.

Cheers

BC3

JediTricks
08-28-2002, 02:21 AM
They were touted as mini-micros like the ROTJ:SE set. I had to edit the pics for SSG of these and the rest of the MM (and some of the Hasbro stuff because Steve was busy with Toy Fair) from TF2k and all I could think was "why, why, why are they doing this to the line?!?" I'm glad to see design felt this as well. :D

Glitch
08-28-2002, 02:08 PM
JT is right they were "mini micros." I would not have minded that, but they were molded onto the posts that moved them around the playset. They coud not be removed unless you cut them off.

Also, they were molded in a clear plastic so that the rods could be clear. Clear plastic does not take paint well without a good primer coat. Had they gone to production. they would not have had a primer coating, and they would have looked awful.

There was NOTHING fun or interesting about these things whatsoever.

Now, lets see some more pics. I'll scrounge around for something later tonight.

AF or Micro?

haggie
08-28-2002, 03:10 PM
I'm always pulling for AF pics, as you know so that's my vote. ;)

Tibor
08-28-2002, 08:45 PM
Hey Glitch,

I'd still love to see your Micro plans for the Indy playset if you can dig them out.

Tibor

Glitch
08-29-2002, 01:34 PM
Not many Action Fleet figures went unreleased, but here is a trio of cancelled AF little fellas....

good shot jansen
08-29-2002, 02:10 PM
there's the missing 4-lom! i would love for that guy to be released! :)

glitch, how come he wasn't included in the bounty hunters battlepack?

and while we're at it, why did galoob drop a figure from the 1st 8 battlepacks? if you weren't lucky enough to get the 1st issue, you missed out on such great figures like ig-88, a very cool sculpt of a royal guard, ponda baba, barada, and weequay :(

yoda which was dropped from the 1st bp, and the gonk droid dropped from bp 7 were available elsewhere.

niem numb would have been great as the figure in the classic duels, falcon two pack (i'm assuming that's what he was originally made for...right?), as fer the ewok, less is more imho :p , so not having him ain't keepin' me up at night!

great stuff, keep it coming!

sicqnus
08-29-2002, 04:13 PM
:p nostalgia pic ! :p

There's a different 4-LOM figure in the "Droïds" Action Fleet/MM set.

The only other Yoda is the Holo one from BP #15 "Endor victory".
The "Gonk" droïd was included in the "Doïds" set and in the BP #16 "Lars family homestead".

Sicqnus

- "No arms, no chocolate!":evil:

haggie
08-30-2002, 12:55 AM
I never could understand how they thought removing Yoda was a good choice.

Those figs are pretty sweet. Long lost AF figs. Always heard about the 4-LOM but didn't know about the other two. Please tell me you have more surprizes to reveal in the future!

BTW... who was the mullet kid you referred to before. The suspense is killing me.

Glitch
08-30-2002, 12:33 PM
If you ever have to ask why a decision like this is made, the first thing that should come to your mind is cost (folowed by safety and quality control). Fewer figures cost less. Unlike MM's, it was not very often that AF figures went unproduced.

Yoda was always an odd fit in that set to me. It was an ENDOR set! As with the MM Endor set, Yoda always seemed to find his way there.

Anyway, the pilot was going to come with the B-Wing, 4-LOM with Battle Pack 4, and Logray with Battle Pack 9.

Too many things to show, too little time. :)

good shot jansen
08-30-2002, 12:55 PM
wow! the pilot was to come with the b-wing! that would have been awsome :)

i was going through all my (mason's) action fleet figures last night, the variety of so many different characters was outstanding!

it's amazing that so many of these little guys got made.

i knew the figures days as pack-in's were numbered when with the release of the episode I vehicles we only got one figre. worse yet, was that every other one seemed to be qui-gon :(

of all the episode I ships to be released with only one figure, the alpha droid fighter angered me the most. what with the twin cockpit configuration.....sheeeesh, a 2nd battle droid would have been nice.

thank goodness the episode I "sneak preview" gian speeder set came with two droids, one of em now permanently resides in the alpha fighter.

i love the figure's only battle packs, particularly set 17 and 18, they were great army builders which have allowed fairly large scale battles to be waged utilizing the action fleet playsets as the stage.

i miss what action fleet once was. :(

haggie
08-30-2002, 03:20 PM
Yoda was always an odd fit in that set to me. It was an ENDOR set! As with the MM Endor set, Yoda always seemed to find his way there.

But it''s Yoda! Everybody wants a Yoda! Yeah, he isn't a good fit in the set, but there is definitely a shortage of Yoda in the line. Seems to be a million Darth Vaders though.

Glitch
08-31-2002, 01:19 AM
But it's Vader! Everybody wants a Darth Vader - or six. :)

jeddah
09-04-2002, 01:35 PM
Today, I had 5 exposures left on my camera. So, I took a pohto of all my Classic AFs, EP1 + MISC AFs, My aluminium R2-D2 parts (mostly leg details), Baals miniheads and 7 Rancors that I've not sent, and finally a close-up of the Test Shot TIE-D. I could've taken all five of the TIE-D but figured one overhead pic would be enough (as it shows the transparent cockpit hatch and cobbled-together box)

So, see. I am becoming more reliable :)

I shall put them in the developers demain matin and should be able to post them later this week! :):):)

a plus!

jeddah

jeddah
09-08-2002, 07:08 AM
How do I upload a pic from my HDD? This is worse than my CD palyer (which hates me)

I got them developed and they're not too bad...THe TIE-D isn't so hot as I kinda, like, think, well, it's.... too close and clipped :(

jeddah

SWAFMAN
09-08-2002, 07:38 PM
(nice tagline, Jeddah ;) )

to upload/attach a pic to your post, use the "post reply" button rather than the "quick reply" option. Then, near the bottom of the "post reply" screen, you'll see an "attach file" option with a browse button to its right. Click the browse button and locate the file on your hard drive. I believe there is a 26KB filesize limit on attachments. If your file is too large, you may need to resize the image. Once the image file is attached, just submit your reply, as usual. It will take a bit longer than a normal reply, due to the upload.

Best of luck!

vulcantouch
09-08-2002, 10:37 PM
. . .jdah might wanna ask swaffy to share the vidfile of Triumph The Insult Comic Dog (who last week scared that phony lil wussy wigger eminem to death on mtv awards) heckling ep2 premiere fans :D

JediTricks
09-10-2002, 01:02 AM
The size limit is 250kb.

jeddah
09-11-2002, 12:19 PM
Here're some photies for ya :)

jeddah
09-11-2002, 12:22 PM
This photo is of the Rancors I am sending Baal. The miniheads are still behind them which confuses the issue a little but I'm sure Baal won't care when he (finally) gets them.

jeddah

jeddah
09-11-2002, 12:26 PM
This is of my classic collection. I didnlt realise the white sheet would bleach out the film so much but I kinda like the effect on my X-wing fleet :) I hope you like my bad attempt at a Vader/TIE trench diorama (or should that be Dire-ama) ;)

jeddah

jeddah
09-11-2002, 12:27 PM
sorry, will take more:rolleyes:

jeddah

jeddah
09-11-2002, 12:31 PM
okay so this particular one should've got the black cloth treatment but I thought my [i]ACCURATE/[i] :evil: Hoth battle depiction would look more convincing on snow as opposed to void.

:)
jeddah

jeddah
09-11-2002, 12:46 PM
My final pic is of my 1:1 aluminium R2-D2. Some of you may've heard me rattle on about this - well here's some proof.

BTW, as ths was more to do with props than MM/AFs, I tried to include my Hellraiser box at the top, but it got chopped! (I am not taking my own publicity photos for Firebrat ;).

The parts are- from L-R

2xbattery clips, 'armpit detail', shoulder buttons and strut, long telescopic leg strut, octagon port, front vents (and above them the resin Radar eye and lens).

At the bottom are the knurled nuts into which the brass cables fit and the ankle plates are at the bottom.

I am shortly due to be sent 2 complete aluminium legs and all feet. Will post pics if ya'll are interested.

GSJ, please can you leave this post here for a while, please,please, please :kiss:

jeddah

JediTricks
09-11-2002, 02:52 PM
Wow jeddah, great pics! I really like those astromech parts, most are instantly recognizable even wtihout your descriptions.

SWAFMAN
09-11-2002, 05:45 PM
cool pics, Jeddah. 3 b-wings!!! you must really love that ship!!!!

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

jeddah
09-12-2002, 01:02 PM
I see your ;) and raise you a

:mad: :frus: :mad: :frus: :mad: :frus: :mad:

and ;) to boot!

jeddah

patchiswelsh
09-12-2002, 03:02 PM
AT-TE looks so cool
probs be the only action fleet thing i buy

JediTricks
09-12-2002, 06:56 PM
Heh heh, B-wing jokes are always funny when Jeddah's around. Poor ol' guppy! ;) :D

britcit3
09-14-2002, 08:22 AM
D'OH ! D'OH ! D'OH !

I just took 10 pics of a massive Federation/Trek fleet to post here, but the "attach file" button has gone.

Anybody got any ideas ? - I would post them on my site, but I am almost out of freespace.

Cheers

BC3

JediTricks
09-14-2002, 03:16 PM
Attach File is right where it always was on my end. It's likely that what happened was you saw the semi-rebuilt page from the forums move earlier this morning or yesterday. Try it again now.

britcit3
09-14-2002, 06:01 PM
Hey

Thanks JT - seems fixed here too.

Well, here goes, here is the 1st of 10..........

BC3

britcit3
09-14-2002, 06:03 PM

britcit3
09-14-2002, 06:04 PM

britcit3
09-14-2002, 06:06 PM

britcit3
09-14-2002, 06:07 PM

britcit3
09-14-2002, 06:09 PM

britcit3
09-14-2002, 06:11 PM

britcit3
09-14-2002, 06:13 PM

britcit3
09-14-2002, 06:15 PM

britcit3
09-14-2002, 06:16 PM

rosel_sampson
09-14-2002, 07:38 PM
how did you get the prometheus and daunteleus ships i dont recall hasbro producing them and if they did where can i grt them

LTBasker
09-14-2002, 07:53 PM
Actually they're customs produced by someone else. You can find most of them at a site that's got a link on BC3's site. Theres also other ships like the Akira class, Steamrunner class, Sabre class, etc.

britcit3
09-15-2002, 06:35 AM
Correct LT

The pics are from a table top battle waged by myself & junior - fed versus Klingons, Romulans, Cardassians, Ferengi & a few Orions & Gorns.

The ships are micros, customs, Gary Perry resins, FASA minis & Starfleet Battles mini's.

Cheers

BC3

PS new pic of a semi-new custom - Ferengi Profiteer.

JediTricks
09-15-2002, 10:16 PM
Very cool Trek MM fleet!

britcit3
09-16-2002, 01:08 AM
Cheers !!

Glitch
09-17-2002, 12:51 AM
Very nice colection BC3!

vulcantouch
09-17-2002, 10:44 PM
. . .so does that mean jt just contradicted hisself by complimentng bc3 on his Hoardy (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=163056#post163056) collection fleet?? "hoardy-hoar hoar" ;)

JediTricks
09-18-2002, 12:19 AM
VT, you are the one who is "all or nothing" on the issue, not me - I stated that I believe there are certain levels and uses where it's acceptable; you are the one with the hardline stand. In any event, this isn't the thread for it.

britcit3
09-18-2002, 01:00 AM
Hey VT

Yup - do have several.

However, now that Jnr is very interested in MM's, we need big fleets to wage war on our dining room table !!

Cheers

BC3

vulcantouch
09-18-2002, 11:25 AM
jt: "I stated that I believe there are certain levels and uses where it's acceptable"
-and in turn i was askin to make sure if This was, according to you, one of those levels or uses, seein as how you haven't spelled it out said levels explicitly (as i have, with my "all or nothing" ) :) meanwhile, would some1 plz explain to jt what a winky-face means? :rolleyes: ;)
vt

sicqnus
10-11-2002, 05:22 PM
This tiny micro-sized ship is sooo great !
I couldn't resist the pleasure to post a good pic of the Millenium Falcon by TOMY - Japan out of it's Gashapon box...

SWAFMAN
10-11-2002, 06:08 PM
Wow! Excellent detail & paint. There is nothing in the background to reference for scale. Do you know the size of this Falcon?

sicqnus
10-11-2002, 06:38 PM
The size is 7,4 cm (2.91 inches). Approx the same size as a DieCast Falcon. The stand is the Bespin landing plateform.

JediTricks
10-12-2002, 04:13 AM
Yowza! Atsa some spicy meatball!

JediTricks
11-14-2002, 03:16 PM
Finally, I took some pics last night. I was getting a ton of glare so after the first shot, I turned off the flash. BIG mistake! Most of the pics were salvagable, but I may eventually go back for better, especially since 1 of the shots came out blurry from my less-than-steady hand.

First shot: Front

JediTricks
11-14-2002, 03:18 PM
Next: alternate view of the Front.

Notice that even though the figures were twist tied in, the vehicle itself was not. Also, I'm told that the finished packaged version didn't ship with its cannons in place.

JediTricks
11-14-2002, 03:21 PM
Next: Bottom

Notice that the box is made from a printing mistake from another box.

JediTricks
11-14-2002, 03:24 PM
Next: Bottom - Close Up

In case anybody wants to see the X-wing stuff from the misprinted multi-lingo packaging.

JediTricks
11-14-2002, 03:26 PM
Next: Back

Pardon the blurriness of this shot, my digital camera requires holding the button half way down for focusing and then pushing the rest of the way for taking the shot so even on the tripod, my shakey hand can still mess it up.

JediTricks
11-14-2002, 03:27 PM
Next: Right Side

JediTricks
11-14-2002, 03:30 PM
Next: Left Side

Here you can see the Ideal brand logo and an unpunched window. Strangely, the rest of the box is the tri-lingo X-wing, but this is Vader's TIE.

JediTricks
11-14-2002, 03:31 PM
Next: Top

JediTricks
11-14-2002, 03:32 PM
Finally: Top - Close Up

An extreme close-up of the previous picture. Here you can see the guts of the E-wing through the transparent top hatch which houses the gimmick. This shot also gives you a better impression of how the white plastic is milky and ever so slightly translucent.

good shot jansen
11-14-2002, 03:37 PM
these are truely wonderful! thanx fer gettin' those up. i've been wondering for nearly 5 years now, what that test shot e-wing of yours looks like!

i particularly like the menacing pink blasters!

very cool indeed.

i had read on jkf's web page that he always wanted to do the x-ray's on a bigger scale. he was disapointed that at the smaller scale, you couldn't make any of the detail out. it's so cool seeing your e-wing with the transparent rear section.

thanx again for posting these jt!

haggie
11-14-2002, 04:49 PM
Nice to finally see the test shot, JT.

FYI: I've found a good way to take pics is to set a lamp up behind your camera and aim the light towards the item, but not totally on it, then take the photo without the flash. Another method is to set your tiem near a window with no shade during the day so you get natural light instead of the lamp. Good alternatives for all of us amateur photographers with no lighting equipment.

JediTricks
11-14-2002, 11:24 PM
Glad you guys dig my collection's crown jewel. :cool: I like that larger x-rays idea, that and the larger classic trilogy series alpha vehicles were some really cool ideas that just didn't get enough backing at the right time.

As for lighting, I don't have much usable natural light from my window right now (it's north-facing) and I don't have a lamp that can be moved to anywhere useful (no directional lamps except for "up" and "down", and the "down" ones are attached to the ceiling). I've been battling photo problems for so long, and lighting has always been a big one because of my weird apartment, but thanks for the advice. :)

r2dee2
11-15-2002, 08:21 AM
JT....AWESOME E-Wing you have there! It looks like it could glow in the dark if you placed a black light on it :p

I noticed the "cover" over the "pull out engine" is reversed from the finished product.

Thanks so much for sharing. Cool to have a proto, let alone a proto of a very difficult to find vehicle:D

I sure don't understand all the puzzling together of different box parts. Seems like it would be MORE work to do that.

LTBasker
11-15-2002, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by r2dee2
I sure don't understand all the puzzling together of different box parts. Seems like it would be MORE work to do that.

Never heard of a reason why they do that but since JT said something about them using mis-printed sheets I'm guessing that they use a whole sheet for various vehicle boxes just on different sides and due to the misprint they just used any part of the sheet for the boxes not really carrying which way they cut or what since it was just a mock-up box. Just guessing though. The prototype looks very cool. :cool:

JediTricks
11-16-2002, 12:16 AM
r2, I've owned this thing for like 3 years and I never noticed that the top hatch is backwards! What good eyes you have. And I put it under blacklight as soon as I read your post, the cannons and interior pink stuff glows SUPER bright, and the pilot's main body is pretty loud too once it gets under the blacklight - I was surprised by that.

As for the oddball box mixing, I think Basker's reasoning is sound, that's what I've always assumed. They do similar stuff like that in the toy industry for other lines.

BTW, the figure is, of course, unpainted and you really can see a big difference in details this way.

jeddah
11-17-2002, 02:30 PM
Good shots JT, I think you did v well with them :) - better'n mine at least ;)

My TIE-D has weird coloured figures but you win with those candycane blasters ;) :D

jeddah

Glitch
11-22-2002, 11:44 AM
Cool test shoot! I love when they throw in those funky colors. I have a yellow and black Falcon and a purple and blue Slave 1. It's like Action Fleet on acid. :)

Tibor
11-22-2002, 11:49 AM
Hey Glitch,

Did you ever dig out those plans you had for a Raiders of the Lost Ark playset with rolling bolder? I'd still love to have a peek. One of the greatest toy ideas ever.

Tibor

JediTricks
11-23-2002, 03:36 AM
Yellow and black Falcon, could this be the progenitor of the Naboo Fighter? ;)

I kinda wonder what other toys they make that they'd have all these surplus wacky-colored plastics just laying around getting recycled into test shots.

SWAFMAN
11-26-2002, 08:54 PM
Cool test shoot! I love when they throw in those funky colors. I have a yellow and black Falcon and a purple and blue Slave 1. It's like Action Fleet on acid. :)

Psychedelic AFs....
Galoob located in SF Bay Area....

Coincidence????

I THINK NOT!!!!!

Ever try licking the skin of a Fambaa? Oooohh!!! The colors, dude!!!

New STMM just for the Bay Area: The USS Jerry Garcia
a MicrodotMachine

sicqnus
12-02-2002, 07:27 PM
Just a little pic for S43 who wants to see some of my DF.

sicqnus
12-02-2002, 07:32 PM
Theed Palace playset interior view :

sicqnus
12-02-2002, 07:35 PM
DF pic

sicqnus
12-02-2002, 07:41 PM
Theed Palace playset exterior :

Is there anybody who knows something about an X-Wing fighter (Luke - 1996 Action Fleet) with blue marks on wings instead of red ones ???
I've seen that in an auction. The ship has blue stripes on wings. Is it a variation or most probably a custom ?

JediTricks
12-03-2002, 12:29 AM
Theed Palace is a cool AF playset, but it looked too dull to entice buyers IMO, needed something more to get people to plunk down their cash on it. Mine is directly behind me, and my droid fighter is to my right - fun toys that didn't get the right levels of shelf time.

Only Blue X-wing I know of is a custom, one that someone went half way to making a Z-95 then chickened out on.

good shot jansen
12-03-2002, 06:46 AM
they marketed the theed palace playset from the wrong side. most people weren't even aware that there was a crashed flash speeder on the back side. (ala the at-at from the hoth play set)

when you combine the theed palace set, along with the naboo hanger (as well as the theed palace bridge from the gian pseeder sneak preview), it makes quite a nice playset for staging battles in.

lissen up hasbro, that's why we need little guys to be sold with the ships. the figures were at least half the af appeal.

Hawkwind
12-05-2002, 07:49 AM
omg i never new there was a theed palace? unfortunetly i never really collected many ep1 ship, but i can only remember seeing the sneak preview ,hanger ,and the 1st wave vechiles (and battle scenes ) in england

britcit3
12-05-2002, 07:54 AM
Hey Hawkwind

Just in case you're interested, www.hasbro.co.uk has got SAGA wave 2 AF's listed @ £9.99.

Cheers

BC3

Hawkwind
12-05-2002, 10:25 AM
Hi britcit3 ,

Thankyou for the info and link ..i cant wait till their relesed ( especialy the at-te) .
I saw on the news hsbor being fined about unfair prices in the (in uk) so hopefully they'll be slightly cheaper when there relesed .

Thanks

britcit3
12-05-2002, 10:41 AM
Hi HW

They're available NOW off the site - and you'll probably pay £5 less than retail for each one.

Cheers

BC3

sicqnus
12-05-2002, 12:08 PM
Arrg !!! You lucky Brits !

The French fan-club has listed the last wave of Action Fleet for €45 each !:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

It's equal to $44 or £28,50 !!! :confused: :confused: :confused:

WHOT !?! IT MUST BE A RIP OFF !!!
Never trust the French fan-club...

:dead:

I think I will write a letter to Hasbro...

Britains says : "Never explain, never complain"

Cross the channel and you will say "Always complain, always explain"...

;)

britcit3
12-05-2002, 12:59 PM
Hey Sicqnus

I think that I would complain about those sorts of prices.

If you want, I'll be happy to bag them for you in the Uk and post them on to you for cost.

LMK

BC3

sicqnus
12-05-2002, 05:12 PM
Many thanks BC3.
I've just received these past few days one or two cases full of AT-TE and Solar Sailers (curious thing I didn't ordred any Naboo fighter:evil: ). I bought them in US for approx 9USD each + shipping.

==============================================

Glitch
12-06-2002, 07:14 PM
OK...I know a few of you guys are going to have something cool to take pictures of in the next few days!

Get clickin'!

ARTOO
12-28-2002, 06:36 PM
Hello,
Can someone here post that link to the cancelled ep1 Trade federation ship pictures that were shown here awhile back? I can't find it. It is that cancelled yellow colored action fleet ship that was also in ep2 when Nute Gunray and them are leaving Geonosis.
Thanks,
ARTOO

good shot jansen
12-28-2002, 07:11 PM
the cancelled niemodian shuttle pics are here (http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=7031)

ARTOO
12-29-2002, 03:20 PM
Thanks

Glitch
01-05-2003, 02:01 PM
I mentioned this earlier in the thread (or perhaps in another thread altogether), but I found that funky Micro Star Destroyer hard copy proto with the legs and the "trap door" on the docking bay under the ship. This thing is actually pretty ugly, and the feature takes away for the authticity of the piece. You can read about it in my new book, "All the Weird Crap You Never Knew About Micro Machines and Action Fleet."

Let's have a look, shall we?

Glitch
01-05-2003, 02:04 PM
A close-up of the door...

Glitch
01-05-2003, 02:08 PM
Here is the Star Destroyer, here is the peg hole.

Open it up, and were's all the detail?

Glitch
01-05-2003, 02:12 PM
Is that a third leg, or are you just happy to see me?

britcit3
01-05-2003, 04:31 PM
My God, that is an TERRIBLE AF.

Thank the maker that it never made it into profuction.

Cheers Glitch

BC3

JediTricks
01-05-2003, 07:16 PM
BC3, if I'm not mistaken, that's not an AF, it's an MM... which makes it all the more shocking.

ARTOO
01-05-2003, 08:05 PM
Hey Glitch,
If that is going to be a real book, let us know when we can buy it. If not real, it needs to be written!
ARTOO

darthcarlos
01-05-2003, 08:38 PM
GLITCH

Nice pictures on that SD. I am glad Galoob never made this one! SCARY!!!

DARTH CARLOS

Glitch
01-06-2003, 01:56 PM
Artoo,

Sorry, no book. If I did have a book in me, it would be about my duel life as a Star Wars toy designer and a CIA assassin.

Hey, it worked for Chuck Barris....

ARTOO
01-06-2003, 09:40 PM
Well, for what it's worth, something about Chuck Baris always scared the hell outa me!

vulcantouch
01-06-2003, 09:59 PM
guess i lurn a new thing every day :crazed:

sicqnus
01-14-2003, 12:55 AM
I have just found the photographs of the Star Destroyer Action Fleet prototype showed in San Diego. I thought of having lost them (finally not), it is always interesting to take a look. There was an opening top with a figure to be fit inside and a curious opening side panel with a missile launcher (I think).

Enjoyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:D

sicqnus
01-14-2003, 01:01 AM
Another beautiful item showed was the amazing Y-Wing prototype. Action Fleet sized but not AF. Just a "Show style prototype". It could be a terrific collector...
:eek:

sergiurusu
01-15-2003, 03:15 AM
it is awsome!!!

sicqnus
01-18-2003, 03:09 PM
Wow, a friend of mine sent me a mail and it says he just received the last issue of the french Lucasfilm magazine, there are pictures of the next Action Fleet wave : Homing spider droïd, Zam's speeder, Anakin's speeder. I will try to buy it tomorrow morning and to post the pics ASAP.
:eek:

JediTricks
01-19-2003, 07:56 PM
What am I, chopped liver? Er... what I meant to say is "SSG has some additional coverage of the SDCC 2000 Action Fleet/Galoob stuff". ;) Oh, and you can find said coverage here:
http://systems.figures.com/Features/index.html?show_article=12413&domain=sirstevesguide.com&dom=ss&domain_id=5
and here
http://systems.figures.com/Features/index.html?show_article=12217&domain=sirstevesguide.com&dom=ss&domain_id=5

And while you're checking that out, check out Galoob/Hasbro's presentation from that year by using your eyes to look at these pics: http://systems.figures.com/Features/index.html?show_article=12414&domain=sirstevesguide.com&dom=ss&domain_id=5

sicqnus
01-28-2003, 02:35 PM
A new EE ship have been added to the StarWars.com database. It's a very curious ship, green like an apple... Anakin used this ship during a few mission between Episode 1 and Episode 2.
Pic below...

Curious isn't it ?

mogomra
01-28-2003, 03:56 PM
Cute. Looks like Haro from Gundam:

http://www.justbetoys.com/gundam/gundam_haro.jpg

Skyvvalker1
01-31-2003, 05:46 PM
oops...

Skyvvalker1
01-31-2003, 05:50 PM
Hey everyone,
My name is Rick and I am a Buzzboard reader from way back in the day... Anyway, I found my way here via Haggie's website and am happy to see Action Fleet is still going strong.

The reson for the post is to share pics of my Action Fleet Testshots. I already sent them to Haggie, but thought I might as well post them here for you guys to check out right away. So without further ado...

Front shot of my E-Wing Testshot in proto packaging (yes it is just like JediTricks):

Skyvvalker1
01-31-2003, 05:51 PM
Top shot:

Skyvvalker1
01-31-2003, 05:54 PM
Figure Closeup:

Skyvvalker1
01-31-2003, 05:57 PM
Thats it for now... I will post some more of my testshots probably tomorrow. Here is a hint... it's black & green and is where jawas are seen. :cool:

haggie
01-31-2003, 06:10 PM
Hey, Rick. Good to see you come out of the lurker shadows! I'm actually creating a new section on the site dedicated to prototypes and testshots which is where all the photos you sent me will be. Should have it done sometime this weekend but it's been repeatedly delayed due to work and the spring semester starting up. I'll post a link when it's finally up. :)

JediTricks
01-31-2003, 10:32 PM
Hi Rick, welcome aboard! Very cool proto, only now mine doesn't feel so unique anymore. :( :cry: ;) And very nice pics.

Skyvvalker1
02-01-2003, 08:18 AM
Haggie... Thanks! Yep, lurker mode off. Sorry I didn't wait for ya to debut the pics on the site. It is nice to know that they will find a nice home though. :)

JediTricks... Thanks. I understand how ya feel... I felt the same way when I saw your pics. ;)

Skyvvalker1
02-01-2003, 08:25 AM
Ok... after reading my post above, I must admit my hint was pretty lame. :crazed:

Anyway, here is a pic of my Action Fleet Sandcrawler Testshot (side view):

Skyvvalker1
02-01-2003, 08:29 AM
Here is a pic of the bottom of the sandcrawler. There are no trademark/copyright/date stamps on the bottom:

Skyvvalker1
02-01-2003, 08:41 AM
Here is my Action Fleet A-Wing testhot (top view):

Skyvvalker1
02-01-2003, 08:43 AM
A-Wing testshot (bottom view):

Skyvvalker1
02-01-2003, 08:51 AM
Here is my Action Fleet Cloudcar Testshot (top view):

BTW, the handwritten words are "raised seat plan" and there is an arrow pointed at the cockpit. Not sure what it means. Anyone have any ideas?

Skyvvalker1
02-01-2003, 08:54 AM
Cloudcar Testshot (bottom view):

Skyvvalker1
02-01-2003, 09:03 AM
Here is my Action Fleet Dewback testshot (right side):

Skyvvalker1
02-01-2003, 09:11 AM
Dewback testshot (left side):

Skyvvalker1
02-01-2003, 09:19 AM
Dewback Testshot tail closeup:

BTW, this testshot was molded in white plastic, and then airbrushed with brown paint, probably in an effort to more easily see the details of the testshot. The tail tip remains white, presumably because that was the spot that was being held while it was painted.

JediTricks
02-01-2003, 05:04 PM
See how selfish I am? I never even considered your POV on the E-wing. :D

Cool test shots, I especially like the Sandcrawler and A-wing - though for different reasons.

jeddah
02-01-2003, 05:30 PM
How did you come across all these test shots you lucky <edit>?

I love the Sith Sandcrawler and Darth Maul's cloud car. Not sure about the Pooback though ;)

jeddah

good shot jansen
02-02-2003, 05:48 PM
that a-wing is gorgeous! i love the test shot version! it brings out the details on the hull in similar fashion to how the zaap pewters make the x and tie advanced look so much more highly detailed than the standard issued vehicles.

thanx for finding us skyvvalker1, and sharing those great test shots of galoobs glory past!

haggie
02-08-2003, 01:01 PM
After a few weeks of promises, I have finally added Rick's (otherwise known as out new forum memmber, Skyvvalker1) testshots to StarWarsActionFleet.com (http://www.starwarsactionfleet.com/swaf.cgi?s=news). Check out the News and Updates (http://www.starwarsactionfleet.com/swaf.cgi?s=news) section so I don't have to type all the info about where his proto photos are.

Skyvvalker1
02-10-2003, 10:39 AM
JediTricks... LOL! Thanks and yeah, I really dig the sandcrawler too due to the funky colors. :cool:

jeddah... I got some of them from the old galoob buzzboard contests (those were the days, eh?), and some from ebay. :D

good shot jansen... Glad you like them and thanks for the welcome! :happy:

haggie... Thanks for posting the pics on your site. It's nice to know that they now have a fitting home on the web. Keep up the great work on the site! :)

-Rick

haggie
02-10-2003, 03:05 PM
Time to drag out the old, dead horse... Jeddah, when can we expect to see some photos of your TIE Defender (or did you already show them and I missed it)?

jeddah
02-11-2003, 05:48 PM
well, I haven't quite worked out the macro feature on my fancy camera, so the ones I took and posted were embarrasingly off-centre. But they in this thread, I'm pretty sure, along with those R2-D2 parts.

My entire collection is currently in the loft of my parents as I have split with my partner and am looking for a new Palace. As soon as I get moved, I will get onto it. (damn, I'm sounding more and more like WS every day :evil: )

:)

jeddah

britcit3
02-14-2003, 09:11 AM
As we have to wait for a good few months before we get the AF Jedi Starfighter and now that AOTC stuff is being sold off cheap, here is a way to get a pretty good AF-looking vehicle.

Take a Jedi Starfighter hand held game (I got mine for £3 (reduced from £10), unscrew the hand piece and stick the fighter on an AF stand - simple.

I now have a quite convincing AF Starfighter sitting on my PC.

Cheers

BC3

good shot jansen
02-15-2003, 02:00 PM
i thought about doing that many times myself bc3. thanx for the photo. it looks great!

i just may have to buy one myself and bash it just like you did!

sicqnus
03-06-2003, 03:10 PM
A friend from Spain sent me this funny picture of the Wedge's battle damaged X-wing with two unpainted reactors exhausts.

sicqnus
03-20-2003, 02:04 PM
Two emblemless green A-Wings in one shot !

sicqnus
03-20-2003, 02:07 PM
Republic Gunship with painted turrets.

sicqnus
03-20-2003, 06:21 PM
My four numbered Vader's Tie fighters.

Glitch
03-20-2003, 07:17 PM
Sicqnes,

That Gunship looks VERY nice. That is one of the few new AF ships that actually turned out pretty well.

I have not been around to post much lately, so I need to catch up...

Is there anything you guys want to see along the line of proto MM and AF figures, ships, playsets, etc...?

Tibor
03-21-2003, 12:08 AM
Hey Glitch,

I'd still like to see your Indiana Jones playset plans if you can find them.

T

sicqnus
03-21-2003, 08:11 PM
Would love to see anything related to the Action Fleet, sketches, stories, pics...:happy:

SWAFMAN
03-22-2003, 08:13 AM
sicqnus, could you please tell me what brand, color and type of paint you used to paint the turrets? Also your brush brand size and type? (or did you somehow, painstakingly, mask and spray these!?!?! - - - that would seem to be almost impossible!!!!))

Did you remove the wing turrets to paint them, then replace them when you were finished? Or did you paint the exposed parts, wait for them to dry, rotate the ball and paint the other portion?

Are you comfortable that the turrets in the wings can still be turned without peeling off their paint, or do you avoid turning them to prevent this?

Thanks for your advice. Any other tips on painting the other portions of the ship would also be appreciated.

- Swafman

sicqnus
03-22-2003, 02:08 PM
:p

Hi SWAFMAN,

I hope this could help :

The turrets have been handbrushed with a classic Humbrol model paint (matt white). I did not covered the clear areas but during the painting I used a few wooden toothpicks (the same as used for cooking) to remove the drips. It works very well as long as painting is not dry. If you have still a dry drip or two to remove, then you can use a simple razorblade to erase the paint (I used an X-Acto scalpel blade). Then I didn't have to dismantle everything to paint the turrets. The turrets still could be rotate but I put the Gunship back in its box.
I prefer to use Mattweiss paint (Glycéro, not acrylic), it covers very well. More than the glossy paint. Humbrol is not the best paint ever but their colors are ok and the pots are equal to $2 each here.
I used a (small diameter) flat nylon brush to erase lightly the painted areas with a product called "Trichloréthilène" (Trichlore). This product is magic, you just have to use a drop or two to dissolve a whole surface. This product is actually difficult to find because it is very harmful and toxic. You will have to use it with the open windows and to pay attention not to breathe it.
Another good product, easier to find is the "Acetone" (also called : Propanone or Diméthyle cétone). Toxicity of this product is also high but this, and the Trichlore are the best products to use for weathering painted products (I used these on my Collector Fleet Blockade Runner).
A few details have been painted with a light grey and the Humbrol "Gunmetal n° 53" (turrets laser dishes).
Laser shots have been burned into the plastic with a heated metal point (heated with a lighter) and a little touch of silver metallic paint has been painted in.

Stains on the main body are made by an old modeler technique : the burning plastic. You can use for example the skeletons of the used model boxes, there is always unused parts. Just take a long part and light it with a lighter, you will see a curious flame and a long and thin black smoke (very greasy). Take your ship above the smoke a few seconds (better do it outside because the burned plastic makes a lot of black greasy particles everywhere...). After that, you can wipe or spread out the traces of smoke thanks to a paper hanky. The plastic will have a dirty look after that. You can fix it with an acrylic matt varnish (do not use Glycéro varnishs, because of the Toluene wich is used as thinner. It can dissolve plastic...). But I didn't did that on my Gunship.
I also have an airbrush but my compressor is down (Three "O", out of order) for the moment and I have to buy another one (later...).
Another tip, because it is very hard to find a cool varnish wich sparyed as skinny as wanted (the ideal is a very light fog), some modelers use hair lacquer sprays. They are cheap and you can find glossy or matt varnishes. It works very well.

Later.
Sicqnus

SWAFMAN
03-22-2003, 06:10 PM
wow! wonderful information! thanks so much sicqnus! if I get another gunship, I'm going to try your instructions. we have trichlorethane here, too. it's sometimes called "safety solvent" and is useful in a number of applications, including dry cleaning stains from fabrics. I'm also very familiar with toluene's ability to dissolve plastics, etc. I used to work in a laboratory using xylene, which is basically the same as toluene. we were supposed to wear surgical gloves when handing xylene, but it was useless, because the gloves dissolved. sometimes for amusement, we would drop styrofoam packing "peanuts" into it, and they would instantly vanish. the bad side of all this was that I worked with the stuff every day for a few years, so I will most likely have liver cancer before too long. oh well, that's life....

thanks again very much!

sicqnus
11-14-2003, 09:54 AM
Here is a picture of the two Spider droïds I bought recently.

http://www.sicqnus.com/options/hsdpair.jpg

sicqnus
11-14-2003, 10:41 AM
A few pics of my modified Romando Bird Of Prey with "spread eagle" wings.

http://www.sicqnus.com/options/bope02.jpg
http://www.sicqnus.com/options/bope03.jpg
http://www.sicqnus.com/options/bope05.jpg
http://www.sicqnus.com/options/bope06.jpg

--------------------------------------------------

Martha & The Muffins : "Echo Beach"