PDA

View Full Version : Horror avatar dumping ground for jjreason

Patient Zero
08-23-2002, 07:51 PM
I didn't know exactly you were looking for, but here is a classic for you.

Night of the Living Dead

Patient Zero
08-23-2002, 07:53 PM
And if you want to get in on the gig that JarJar and I have going, here is one from the Evil Dead series for you. We change about every 24 hours so stay sharp!

QLD
08-23-2002, 08:04 PM
OOOhhhhhh......a new trend. I might have to break out some of the good stuff on you guys. ;)

stormie
08-23-2002, 08:11 PM
Remember when we all had Star Wars themed avatars? I miss those days.

Young punks and their fancy shmancy pictures!

;)

Patient Zero
08-23-2002, 08:38 PM
Even though we already did An American Werewolf In London, this is still a pretty cool pic.

Eternal Padawan
08-24-2002, 08:04 AM
So we've had Hassle'tars (which led to a general 80's'tars sort of thing)
Then we had Afro'tars (stars of 70's television)

Now we have Horro'tars.

What's next?

Toon'tars? (Your fave 80 cartoons like Transformers, GIJoe, He-man, Smurfs, etc...)

or maybe Wizard of Oz 'tars? (Dorothy, the TinMan, little Toto...)

Or maybe this whole post is disruptive and

ROLLO!

hango fett
08-24-2002, 08:58 AM
i know! i'll get a survivor:thiland avatar and make everyone hate me!
h

Jargo
08-24-2002, 09:18 AM
DARTH DUBIOUS waswell ahead in the toon'tars area then. Daffy duck and Scoobydoo already. I like his 'tars. They aren't scary or grisly. Don't like horro'tars :(

hango fett
08-24-2002, 09:41 AM
very nice ava. jargo! i love all of yours!
h

General Veers
08-24-2002, 10:58 AM
Can someone here make me a Mike Myers Avatar from Halloween? I have always been a big fan of those movies and I would aprreciate it if someone would post one here. Thanks!:D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-24-2002, 02:54 PM
Here's your avatar, Veers! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

jjreason
08-24-2002, 04:38 PM
Crikey - after watching his latest film that avatar is a horror indeed!

TROJAN!

Patient Zero
08-24-2002, 05:47 PM
Here is tomorrow's movie for ya, Hellraiser!

2-1B
08-25-2002, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
So we've had Hassle'tars (which led to a general 80's'tars sort of thing)
Then we had Afro'tars (stars of 70's television)

Now we have Horro'tars.

What's next?

Toon'tars? (Your fave 80 cartoons like Transformers, GIJoe, He-man, Smurfs, etc...)

or maybe Wizard of Oz 'tars? (Dorothy, the TinMan, little Toto...)

Or maybe this whole post is disruptive and

ROLLO!

:cry: You forgot Rick McAvatars :cry:

--------------

JJB and I were just discussing the merits of a Rawhead Rex avatar . . .

Beast
08-25-2002, 01:57 AM
Rawhead Rex was an awesome flick. Hey, any of you horror guru's remember "Joe Bob Briggs" the horror guru that hosted TNT's Monstervision?

I miss that show and his quick recaps of the movies at the start. I can't wait til October/November. He's doing an audio commentary on the Millenium DVD edition of "I Spit on your Grave." :)

Speaking of Horror hosts, did anyone see that William Shatner is hosting a weekly Sci-Fi movie on the Sci-Fi channel called "Full Moon Fright Night". Tonight they showed "Oblivion" that has George Takaii in it, and William Shatner was really hamming it up. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jjreason
08-25-2002, 02:40 AM
Thanks, guys. I still think my old Prince one was just as scary.....

plasticfetish
08-25-2002, 03:01 AM
OK ...

plasticfetish
08-25-2002, 03:03 AM
... and ...

plasticfetish
08-25-2002, 03:31 AM
... personal favorite (from Chainsaw 2) ...

plasticfetish
08-25-2002, 03:50 AM
... OK and another Tobe Hooper avatar for the night.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-25-2002, 12:30 PM
I think this movie is more funny than scary, but nevertheless, for anyone who wants it . . .

Patient Zero
08-25-2002, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Rawhead Rex was an awesome flick. Hey, any of you horror guru's remember "Joe Bob Briggs" the horror guru that hosted TNT's Monstervision?

I miss that show and his quick recaps of the movies at the start. I can't wait til October/November. He's doing an audio commentary on the Millenium DVD edition of "I Spit on your Grave." :)

Speaking of Horror hosts, did anyone see that William Shatner is hosting a weekly Sci-Fi movie on the Sci-Fi channel called "Full Moon Fright Night". Tonight they showed "Oblivion" that has George Takaii in it, and William Shatner was really hamming it up. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Rawhead Rex! Ah, back when C. Barker was Brilliant! "Joe Bob Briggs", I had completely forgotten about him. He was the Ash Brisko Jr. via psudo-MST3K circut. Ummmmm...ok, that was Really odd!

I saw Shatner on it last night, that beer drinking intro was so bad that I think it might have acutally been funny, but dont quote me on that!

jjreason
08-25-2002, 02:53 PM
Whoa, that second chaisaw one is scary and gross. Definitely going to go with that one for a little bit today, thanks PF. Id like to publicly thank everyone for picking me up and supporting me in my time of complete ignorance here on the boards - Ive nver been a horror movie guy. You all deserve hot, moist towelettes. The stewardesses (stewardessi?) will be along shortly....

Jedi Clint
08-25-2002, 03:56 PM
jjreason,

I think you should change your sig to:

The doctor is in. And he prescribes..............amputation!

It fits your current 'tar so well :).

2-1B
08-25-2002, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by The Ghost of Jonna
I saw Shatner on it last night, that beer drinking intro was so bad that I think it might have acutally been funny, but dont quote me on that!

I just did ! :p

Mr. JabbaJohnL, take back what you said about The Exorcist being "funny". :mad:

:)

Ah, yes - Joe Bob Brigs !
Do you remember him from "God Stuff" on The Daily Show ? :D

Beast
08-25-2002, 04:53 PM
Yes Caesar, I do remember him from that. I was wondering whatever happened to him, and then I saw the specs for the DVD, and just had to have it. It's not a movie for everyone though, since it's really really graphic. It makes the original "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" look like an episode of "Barney & Friends". :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks