PDA

View Full Version : Suprises are everywhere, in COLORADO!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14]

mrhat
06-25-2012, 06:29 PM
Decided to pop into the Exposition Walmart after work, and I scored some new toys (it's been a while) Got Dr. E, Aayla, CW Ani, Wedge, and Kithaba, so it's nice to see things showing up again, I may stop by Toys R Us tomorrow, and see what they have (if anything)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-25-2012, 09:42 PM
I hit several stores on Wadsworth and then coming back up Hampden and Santa Fe - most stores had nothing, but I did finally get Darth Malgus and the Imperial Navy Commander at the Belmar Target. Woohoo! They had the entire wave 3 case, so Vader, TCW Anakin, and Hoth Luke were still there, along with all the TPM carry-forwards (and some crusty old Endor Rebel Commandos). I guess I should have looked in this thread earlier and gone up to the Exposition Walmart, but oh well. :D

Now the only 2012 Vintage figure I need (aside from the Tarkin wave, though I don't think that's hit retail) is the 501st clone trooper . . . though The Clone Wars wave 3 eludes me as well.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-02-2012, 08:37 PM
The Kmart on 104th, a few blocks east of I-25 (which I almost never go to), had gotten in a case of wave 4. It was the original and not the revision, so no Wedge or 501st clone. But I did get another Rebel Fleet Trooper and Gamorrean Guard there on Saturday. They had everything else from the wave aside from Nom Anor and the repacked ARC Trooper Commander.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-05-2012, 06:49 PM
I found an entire, unopened case of the Tarkin wave at the Walmart on 104th last night . . . and the figures wouldn't scan and they refused to sell them to me or hold onto them, saying all I could do was call the manager the next day and maybe she'd be able to override the system (like they usually do). I said that the figures would likely be gone by then, but the shift manager said that nobody else would be able to buy them, either, so I wouldn't have to worry. Surprise, surprise! My mom stopped by there today, found Odd Ball, and somebody else had gotten the other four and gotten an override, like I knew would happen. At least I got Odd Ball. But the figures not being in Walmart's system is really getting frustrating . . . if the employees weren't so incompetent and anal, I'd have all of them right now. I guess I should have stashed them, but the employees had them by that point . . . :frus:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-06-2012, 08:14 PM
There are five new Walmart Neighborhood Markets (http://www.denverpost.com/business/ci_20894819/walmart-unveils-five-new-neighborhood-markets-denver-area) that have opened in the Denver area over the last few weeks; I had no idea they even existed until today, when I went for a toy run around Aurora (the only thing I got was a second Imperial Navy Commander at the TRU on Mississippi and I-225, which had Vader, Hoth Luke, and TCW Anakin, but no Malgus). These new stores are basically more grocery stores than just regular Walmart, but they do have a very small toy section that nevertheless has a Star Wars selection pretty similar in size to their regular stores. The one on Parker had Kithaba and three of the repacks from that case, along with Clone Wars wave 2. Since they're new stores and carrying Star Wars stuff, it might be worth it to check these every now and again.

mrhat
07-08-2012, 07:41 PM
Took your advice and checked out the Walmart Neighborhood Market on 48th and Chambers on my way home from work, scored Nom Anor, Bespin Han, Bariss, and the Black Bandana Kilhaba, it looked like they got just one case of Vintage figs, when I left they still had Dr. E, G. Guard, and Rebel Fleet Troop, no ARC troopers or Wedge. On a side note I also picked up the elusive Avengers movie Black Widow there as well.

Jadydangel
07-09-2012, 09:35 PM
Hmm... That's weird. What Walmart on 104th? I didn't know there WAS one. Thanks for the Neighborhood Walmart tip. I'll be sure to hit those.

mrhat
07-10-2012, 02:00 PM
Did a bit of running around this morning, Hit Up I225 & Mississippi Toys R Us, attempting to take advantage of the figure sale, came out with the ANH Vader from the Malgus wave. Hit some more spots to no avail, final stop at Tower Rd. Walmart yielded A Tarkin, Oddball, Nikto, and Hoth Luke. After such a long time of staring at the TPM figures it's nice to finally be playing catchup with the 2 newest waves, just missing the EU figs and the Naval Commander.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-10-2012, 02:15 PM
Hmm... That's weird. What Walmart on 104th? I didn't know there WAS one. Thanks for the Neighborhood Walmart tip. I'll be sure to hit those.
It's the one on Grant St. in Thornton. I think it's closer to 100th, but I always take the 104th exit from I-25 to get there.

Welcome to the boards! Are you a new collector, new to the area, or just having been silently watching our tips and getting the good stuff before we can get there? :p

mrhat
07-10-2012, 02:30 PM
As a side note to my recent Walmart/Walmart Neighborhood Market trips the new figures have been coming up as "unknown SKU" At the Tower Walmart I almost got a "We can't sell this to you", I offered to grab another figure with a SKU that would work (A Naboo Royal Guard) and we could do it that way, fortunately they agreed. At the Neighborhood Market one of the figures did ring up properly so they just used it, as a caution maybe grab a TPM figure just in case they try to not sell new figures to you.

Jadydangel
07-11-2012, 09:11 PM
@Jabba, I didn't know this board existed... however if I did, I'da been snoopin' and sneak'n! :bandit: Srsly, though, I'm not really a collector. More of an... involved observer. And I do know that Walmart near 104th now.

@MrHat, I've had the scanning problem, too. They refused to price-match when I showed them Target's price, and kept me standing there for 20 minutes... took off with Nikto and brought it back with her fat thumbprint in it. So I made her give it to me for $5.

I can't get over how long you guys have been doing this, and how dedicated y'all are. I've read through the recent posts and you guys seem to always be out on the chase. It's fun to read :)

mrhat
07-12-2012, 04:45 PM
Did a quick run around the neighborhood today, Hit up Northfield Target, which had gotten 2 cases of the Malgus wave in/ Unfortunetly no Malgus, there were 2 ANH Vaders, 2 Hoth Lukes, and a CW Anakin left. Went to Quebec Walmart, their SW section is a hot mess, from what I saw nothing new or noteworthy was present in the fallout that is that section. Went to Tower Walmart, they had a fresh stock of the new CW figs (Almost Stormtrooper Rex, and Commando Boss) picked those 2 up. And finally Chambers WM Neighborhood Market, which hasn't gotten anything new, they did still have Dr. E, Gammorian Guard, Fleet Trooper, and Aayla.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-12-2012, 10:26 PM
Today I hit the Parker Walmart Neighborhood Market; I guess I was at a different one last time, though now I can't recall which, but this one was a bit larger and had some more non-grocery items, including a much larger toy section. Anyway, they had put out all 12 figures from the Tarkin wave, and though they didn't ring up again, the manager here was much more helpful and I was able to walk out with the four remaining figures from the wave. It's SO nice to have them after last week's annoyance. They still have Malgus, Odd Ball, Wedge, and all the other repacks. I hit a ton of other stores as well, but didn't get anything else.

Now all I need from Vintage is the 501st clone.

Jadydangel
07-13-2012, 02:03 AM
I tried to look at the Neighborhood Walmart on Bowles in Littleton. It's tiny, and I don't know if that had anything to do with it, but their toy section was about 3 feet wide and consisted of party favor type toys.

Strike Out.

decadentdave
07-13-2012, 07:17 PM
Just read that Hasbro has put the Vintage line on indefinite hold after the final two waves. This feels like 1985 all over again. :(

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-13-2012, 08:00 PM
Just read that Hasbro has put the Vintage line on indefinite hold after the final two waves. This feels like 1985 all over again. :(
Uh . . . why? If it went on forever, it would have overstayed its welcome. I'm excited for Droid Factory to be back.

I ended up getting the 501st clone for $15 at Hollywood Heroes near the Westminster TRU, so now I'm caught up on Vintage (aside from Bastila Shan). I also got the Bespin Battle pack at the Church Ranch Target; the TRU near I-25 and Highway 7 had both the new sets.

Jadydangel
07-13-2012, 10:18 PM
I like the Vintage because they take me back to childhood. As you can see, I'm not really a collector, but the Vintages brought back lots of memories.

decadentdave
07-13-2012, 10:35 PM
I like the Vintage because they take me back to childhood. As you can see, I'm not really a collector, but the Vintages brought back lots of memories.

I agree completely. The Vintage collection was the only reason I had to still collect Hasbro. It was a nostalgic goldmine. There are still so many vintage style figures they could have done. Hasbro could have kept the line going concurrently until their license expires in 2018. Most guys my age I know that grew up with the original Kenner toys were only into collecting the Vintage figures. I have no interest in Saga, Clone Wars or Droid Factory. Vintage ftw. Guess Hasbro won't be getting my money after the end of the year.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-13-2012, 11:09 PM
Were you a carded-only collector? Or did the line look just entice you from the pegs?

Even though I wasn't born during the original vintage run and an I'm opener, I do like the Vintage cards, and I got 10 or so to keep carded (all from the PT). There seems to be differing opinions on what should and shouldn't go on vintage-style cards - should they only do the original Kenner lineup? Should they only do new figures that have never been on vintage cards? Should they only do OT figures that weren't made the first time? Or were they handling it fine? At 118 figures, they've released more vintage-carded figures in the last two years than Kenner did in its seven-year run (not counting variants), so I don't exactly think they shortchanged anything.

For me, the packaging doesn't really have any bearing on what I'm going to get, as I get basically everything that's at least somewhat new. I wonder how many people will quit now that vintage is done . . . Then again, I wonder how many people it actually brought back. It started promising in 2010, but the initial wave quickly clogged the pegs with crappy figures; then they were removed only to be replaced with other pegwarmers.

I think the best thing would be for vintage to hibernate for a while and then come back if/when they put out ANH in 3D. It's had an amazing run so far, but I'm really excited for Droid Factory to return.

Jadydangel
07-14-2012, 01:21 AM
When I buy them for me, they're to keep in their packaging.

My opinion is that the Vintage Line should be the ORIGINAL Trilogy, which was originally on the Kenner cards. I personally think putting the Prequel Trilogy on Vintage Cards that were produced 30 years before the Prequel Trilogy's existence is silly. These movies weren't even around when the Kenner Cards were made, so explain to me how they could belong in the category "Vintage".

Again, just my opinion, I've had the discussion before, and to each his own. And I'm obviously not a longtime or deeply involved collector. Kind of just along for the ride :) (Although I *DID* have the Original Burger King Glasses. All of 'em.)

Nowadays, when I buy toys (Vintage SW Cards notwithstanding), it's usually because I want to photograph them in creative places. (Hobby. Obsession. Whatever.)

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6099/6291870107_a2c422c109.jpg (http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6099/6291870107_a2c422c109.jpg)

decadentdave
07-14-2012, 01:25 AM
I always buy 1 to open and 1 to keep mint on card. While I somewhat agree that Vintage should really only apply to OT and Kenner era figures, I did appreciate that the inclusion of PT figures was a great way to unify both trilogies into a traditional classic style cardback. I was much more inclined to buy PT figures on the Vintage style cards than the boring Saga Legends cards. I do take objection to putting Expanded Universe on Vintage cards when I do not consider characters outside of the films to be canon. EU should have been its own subline entirely. In any case, the discontinuation of the Vintage line with the classic style cardback and nostalgic Kenner logo is a heartbreaker for me and I will grieve its loss especially when there are still dozens of characters from the original Kenner line that have yet to be released on the Vintage collection cardbacks. I have been collecting the Hasbro line since POTF2 began in 95 and this will be the end of collecting Hasbro Star Wars for me. Vintage or nothing.

Jadydangel
07-17-2012, 06:35 PM
Found the Target Exclusive 3-Pack of Droids at the Edgewater Target by Sloan's lake today. The rest of their stock was pretty sad, though.

mrhat
07-19-2012, 01:49 AM
Swung by the Aurora Town Center Target, mostly for a laugh since they've not gotten any new vintage since Jan, of course they had gotten a fresh batch of the Malgus wave, and everything was gone already except the Vader and Luke. They also had 3 of the new droid packs sitting out. they also got a fresh case of TPM vintage...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-19-2012, 11:32 AM
I get why people would want to see only OT characters (as the packaging is appropriate to the era), or a mix of all characters (as if the vintage packaging style never stopped and kept including new characters), and why carded collectors prefer it (these are the only non-exclusive figures I'll buy extras of to keep carded, since they look great), but I'm unsure why longtime openers would stop collecting when The Vintage Collection ends. Yes, the vintage packaging is gorgeous, but it's the same stuff inside. There's actually MORE stuff with Droid Factory. Once you buy the figure, it only stays on its packaging for a short time, and then it's in your collection forever. But anyway, they plan on bringing it back and updating the rest of the vintage line, they just didn't want it to get stale.

Swung by the Aurora Town Center Target, mostly for a laugh since they've not gotten any new vintage since Jan, of course they had gotten a fresh batch of the Malgus wave, and everything was gone already except the Vader and Luke. They also had 3 of the new droid packs sitting out. they also got a fresh case of TPM vintage...
Since the Malgus wave case includes five new figures and seven TPM figures, it's possible that you're just seeing the carry-forwards. If the podracers or Queen Amidala were there, then it was a new case, but if not, then it was just the carry-forwards. The carry-forwards are clogging up the shelves enough, so I really hope they're not still stocking the original case.

mrhat
07-20-2012, 09:05 AM
Since the Malgus wave case includes five new figures and seven TPM figures, it's possible that you're just seeing the carry-forwards. If the podracers or Queen Amidala were there, then it was a new case, but if not, then it was just the carry-forwards. The carry-forwards are clogging up the shelves enough, so I really hope they're not still stocking the original case.

I'm fairly sure it was the entire wave from TPM; including Maul, Sidious, Vos, pod racers, battle droid, etc.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-20-2012, 01:17 PM
Everyone's okay after last night's Aurora shootings, right?

mrhat
07-20-2012, 08:08 PM
Yes, I sometimes go to the Century for 3D movies since their ticket prices can't be beat on those, however I decided to see "Rises" on an IMAX screen, which means I was at Arapahoe Crossing for the 12:01 premier. My workplace is just across Alameda from the Mall/Theater so the events that happened were on everyone's lips today while I worked 8.5 hours on 2 hours of sleep.

Jadydangel
07-21-2012, 10:00 AM
Safe here. Saw all 3 in "Imax" (faux-max) up in Westminster. Still kinda stunned.

Glad y'all are okay.

Jadydangel
07-25-2012, 05:22 PM
This was posted for Caleb Medley, the young (now) father who has, as a result of the shooting, lost his right eye, has sustained some brain damage, and is now in a medically induced coma. His wife gave birth to their first child just after the shooting, and they have no medical insurance.

I'd love to pass this on. Of course we can't all afford to help financially, but I can certainly pass up one collectible and donate that money, whether it's to Caleb directly or to some other source benefitting victims and their families.

I hope everyone can heal as best possible, and quickly.

http://calebmedley.com/help

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-08-2012, 10:27 PM
I just got the new AT-ST along with ALL of wave 6 (Jar Jar, Bespin Leia, etc.) at the Kmart on Broadway in Denver. The entire case was untouched when I got there, so I picked up both Jar Jars and Shock Troopers, and just one each of the other figures. There's still a "lost line" Clone Trooper Lieutenant and Sandtrooper, and Vintage Leia and Vader left (I picked the best-looking figures regardless of card design). So now I'm done with Vintage for 2012, luckily having found every figure in a store and a pre-order on the final 12. So check out those Kmarts!

mrhat
08-22-2012, 01:09 PM
Did a mini run this morning, I hit up Mississippi TRU, no pilot or ewok packs yet, and a pretty dismal figure section, a lone Hoth Luke and several TPM figs. Next I went to Exposition Walmart, with better success scoring Starkiller and Malgus. They still don't have the newer figures in their system so I had to grab a battle droid. They had a few new figures left, if you're missing Tarkin, Nikto, Hoth Luke, or Oddball they were still there when I left. Just missing the Naval Commander and Old Republic bounty hunter, and then the lost wave and finally the internet only last wave.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-29-2012, 11:08 PM
I got the MTT tonight at the Colfax/Wadsworth Walmart, which also had the prequel "lost line" figures.

mrhat
08-31-2012, 04:05 PM
Hit up Mississippi TRU this afternoon, found the Clone Trooper Lt. and Shock Trooper from the lost line, they had two of each, one on the standard vintage card and the other on the "lost line" package, since I open mine, I left the lost line packaged ones, so if you are missing those two, they were still there as of 1:30 p.m. I then hit up the Exposition Walmart, and scored the Bespin Leia, Sandtrooper and Jar Jar form the same wave on standard vintage cards, now just missing ROTJ Vader from the lost line.

Jadydangel
09-02-2012, 01:26 PM
It's been dry the past couple of weeks in my world. Never seem to find anything at the Colfax WalMart... Probably because of the Nazi Asian Lady who runs the toy department...

mrhat
09-03-2012, 01:24 AM
Never seem to find anything at the Colfax WalMart... Probably because of the Nazi Asian Lady who runs the toy department... And here I thought the Chinese were Communists, or is she a Communazi? That would be a terrible combination, especially with Walmarts hot and cold spells with new SW toys.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-03-2012, 06:28 PM
I got the Ewok and Yavin Pilot sets yesterday at the Westminster TRU during the BOGO half off sale. They still had one Ewok set and two pilot sets.

I also got the Training Super Battle Droid at the 120th and Sheridan Walmart; it was also at the Huron Target. Both stores had some wave 2 Clone Wars figures, but no other wave 3 ones. At least they're finally shipping!

EDIT: I just found and got the only Scuba Ahsoka and Commander Wolffe at the 120th and I-25 Target. They still had the SBD and the wave 2 repacks.

mrhat
09-06-2012, 05:44 PM
Went to Mississippi TRU, they finally stocked the Pilots and Ewok packs, picked up one of each, they still had 2 of each set when I left.

mrhat
09-10-2012, 09:02 PM
Found the "Darth Maul Returns" pack at Aurora Town Center Target, they still had 4 sets left after I picked mine up.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-19-2012, 04:58 PM
I got the Ewok Scouts and AT-ST Crew sets at the Kmart on Evans and Federal yesterday.

I'm still on the lookout for a Target Villain Set (with Boba, Tusken Raider, and Snaggletooth). I have one to keep carded, but I want one to open, and most Targets I've been to lately have only had the Droid set. I'd like to get it this week, during the sale, so if anyone sees one then let me know!

mrhat
09-20-2012, 02:58 PM
I'm still on the lookout for a Target Villain Set (with Boba, Tusken Raider, and Snaggletooth). I have one to keep carded, but I want one to open, and most Targets I've been to lately have only had the Droid set. I'd like to get it this week, during the sale, so if anyone sees one then let me know!

The Target in the Aurora Town Center (Sable and Alameda) had 3 of the villain sets on the pegs this afternoon, as well as 2 of the droid sets, happy hunting :)

mrhat
09-20-2012, 03:31 PM
Picked up the Speeder Bike set at Mississippi TRU, they had 2 sets left, nothing new in their SW section besides that, a lone Yavin Pilots set is still there. Exposition WM had Commander Wolffe and Commander Fox, I got the lone Wolffe but they had a Fox left still. Nothing else terribly exciting on my afternoon run, K-Mart on Chambers and Colfax had a couple AT-STs, but no Ewok or AT-ST pilot sets.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-20-2012, 06:56 PM
The Target in the Aurora Town Center (Sable and Alameda) had 3 of the villain sets on the pegs this afternoon, as well as 2 of the droid sets, happy hunting :)

Thanks for the tip! I'll head there tomorrow or Saturday to check it out.

Jadydangel
09-23-2012, 01:08 AM
I got the Ewok Scouts and AT-ST Crew sets at the Kmart on Evans and Federal yesterday.

Target on Kipling and i70 has the Boba Villian Set... and others.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-23-2012, 02:04 AM
Thanks! I saw it and got it today at the Aurora Town Center Target; they also had it at another. There wasn't much else out there, though I did see The Clone Wars Wolffe and Training SBD at a few places, but no Fox.

mrhat
09-28-2012, 04:08 PM
Ran to TRU on Mississippi this afternoon, they got a bit of a fresh restock, snagged the ROTJ Vader on vintage card, they had the 3 troops and Jar Jar on both vintage and lost line cards left when I checked out. On an unrelated note picked up the DKR Ra's Al Ghul Movie Masters fig, thereby completing my set, so that was a nice bonus. They had 4 of the pilot sets, but no Ewoks to be found.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-30-2012, 11:38 PM
I found and picked up the only Republic Attack Dropship Class I vehicle at the Thornton Walmart. It's quite a cool ship so hopefully it will see a wider distribution (before next year's repaint, that is).

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-10-2012, 01:46 PM
The annual Collectors Supershow is at the Ramada on I-25 and 120th this Sunday from 11 to 4 (admission is $5). I went in 2009 and 2010 (I was in Poland when they had it last year) and I've been able to get quite a lot of older pieces I'd missed out on, so I'm hoping to fill a few more gaps this weekend. There has always been a lot of SW stuff, as well as lots of other licenses, so you might want to check it out!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-15-2012, 12:41 PM
I got Commander Fox at the Walmart on 104th and Grant last night, and there was another one left. Now I'm completely caught up on basic figures for the year (unless those Movie Heroes figures - Anakin, Sandtrooper, tan Battle Droid, Boba Fett - actually make it to the States on the current packaging).

I also got the Speeder Bike at the Westminster TRU on Saturday. It was the only one and was on the SW endcap, not in the aisle.

The Collectors Supershow didn't have as much great stuff as years past, though I did get a few army builders and the remaining three Episode I Battle Bags I never picked up long ago.

Jadydangel
10-26-2012, 10:14 AM
KMart on Evans and Federal has the Ewok Scouts and AT-ST Crew 2packs. There were 2 or 3 of each.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-26-2012, 06:58 PM
The Target on Colorado Blvd. had the Scuba Ahsoka wave last night, if anyone still needs those figures.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-27-2012, 08:43 PM
I got a second Speeder Bike at the Westminster TRU - that store had four more, and the one on I-25 and Highway 7 had one. I got some Movie Heroes army builders at the first one, though the sale thankfully seems to have cleared both stores out of almost all their pegwarmers aside from the mainstays like Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-23-2012, 01:19 PM
The TRU at I-25 and Highway 7 had only a few of the vehicle 2-packs, including one with the Mandalorian Transport (and Anakin's Starfighter), but the many they had a few days ago were all gone so I doubt they will last long. The store was extremely busy as well.

The nearby Walmart on 136th didn't have a single one of the 8-packs, which was too bad.

mrhat
11-26-2012, 05:51 PM
Went to Tower Rd. Walmart, they had a nice SW free-standing display, lots of Angry Birds SW stuff, some of the role-play toys, and what is left of their 8-packs. Found a CW one with some figures I was missing; Stealth Ops clone, Saesee Tiin, and Seripas. Needless to say I now have 5 other CW figures with no idea what to do with them, but the price was too good to pass up.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-07-2012, 11:25 AM
The Thornton Walmart (on Grant) had gotten in a few more cases of TVC wave 4 when I was there Wednesday evening, so I got the two 501st Clone Troopers. They had several each of Dr. Evazan, Wedge, and brown bandana Kithaba, plus a few of TCW Anakin, Hoth Luke, and ANH Vader.

I haven't seen any of the 8-packs and assume most of them are gone now - not that I needed any of the figures in them, but some cheap army builders would have been nice. It's good to see that they allowed some of the harder-to-find figures to get back out there.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-29-2012, 05:07 PM
I got the new Class I MTT Droid Fighter at the Thornton TRU and the 501st Republic Attack Dropship at the Westminster TRU. The Westminster store had the MTT Droid Fighter as well as a Yoda's Jedi Attack Fighter, but I passed for now since Yoda's eye paint was awful. Hopefully others will be better.

mrhat
01-01-2013, 04:24 PM
Swung by Mississippi Toys R Us, still not much going on in the SW section, several BMFs no Class 1 2013 vehicles as of yet, I did score the Prequel-Based new Pop-up book "Galactic Pop-up Adventure" for half price, which considering the original price is quite a deal, they had a few left still in the plastic wrap, as well as some of the Star Wars LEGO Minifigure books (Dictionary, sticker book etc) in the half off display.

mrhat
01-17-2013, 05:37 PM
Nothing terribly exciting on the runs I've done over the last couple weeks, Target's have quite a bit of Star Wars related merchandise in the Valentine's day section including candy dispensers, boxed candy, Valentines etc. My Jocasta Nu did show up today, with proof card, so if you ordered yours in August look for those coming to the door soon.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-27-2013, 02:04 PM
My Jocasta showed up a few weeks ago after I ordered her back in July.

I got the 501st AT-RT at the Thornton TRU yesterday afternoon, but it was the only Class I ship there. They had restocked their TVC figures and I got the only army builder, another Rebel Fleet Trooper, since they were doing a BOGO 50% off sale.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-10-2013, 05:52 PM
The Huron Target has reset, and I picked up the $20 Republic Fighter Tank there. They had a Class I 501st Republic Dropship and several of the cheapo 12" figures, along with a bunch of Angry Birds stuff, but nothing else noteworthy.

El Chuxter
02-10-2013, 06:41 PM
Supplies are everywhere, in COLORADO! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB2GboGOuTI)

mrhat
02-12-2013, 06:56 PM
Northfield Target had some of the Class 1 2013 vehicles, as well as those "interesting" new 12" figures, several of both Anakin and Clone Trooper.

mrhat
03-20-2013, 08:57 PM
Aurora Town Center Target had a restock of the part Episode 1/ Malgus wave, so I finally picked up the Imperial Naval Commander, they still had the ANH Vader, Hoth Luke, and CW Anakin, as well as the E1 figures that are mixed in with them.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-21-2013, 01:28 AM
The Target on Church Ranch Blvd. also had gotten in the Malgus wave but sold only the Malgus and Imperial Navy Commander. How sad is it that this wave is still in short supply and only trickling in a full year after its initial release? Westminster TRU has 10 Movie Heroes Qui-Gon (9 of the grappling hook version, 1 light-up saber) but little else. So, uh, if you need a cheap Qui-Gon army, now is your chance.

I've been filling a few older holes at comic shops since there's so little out there. I recently finally picked up Yoda's Jedi Attack Fighter, but Yoda's eyes are so horrendous that I'm waiting to find a better one - fat chance, but still.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-22-2013, 02:09 PM
The Gordmans near the Walmart on Grant and 104th had two each of the 2012 green Republic Fighter Tank and Anakin's Jedi Starfighter for $20 each, but the Naboo Starfighters were sold out. If you still need one, try the various Gordmans in the area.

El Chuxter
04-22-2013, 02:11 PM
I've been filling a few older holes at comic shops since there's so little out there. I recently finally picked up Yoda's Jedi Attack Fighter, but Yoda's eyes are so horrendous that I'm waiting to find a better one - fat chance, but still.
Check Big Lots. I saw one there a few days ago, and would've snagged it if I knew it was so tough to find. IIRC, it was $18.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-22-2013, 03:42 PM
Check Big Lots. I saw one there a few days ago, and would've snagged it if I knew it was so tough to find. IIRC, it was $18.
The set itself isn't rare, but it's hard to find one with well-painted eyes. Most of them are at least halfway down his cheeks. I ended up opening mine since it was one of the better ones.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-13-2013, 12:05 PM
I got the ROTJ AT-AT at the TRU on Highway 7 and I-25, and there was another in stock. They had also gotten in several cases of the Malgus wave, but all that was left was, unsurprisingly, Anakin, Luke, and the TPM carry-forwards.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-31-2013, 11:45 AM
Is anyone going to Denver Comic Con this weekend? I'll be going Saturday. It looks like they'll have a few Star Wars events then, like a trivia contest and a panel on its future featuring Rebels executive producer Greg Weisman. Of SW note, Peter Mayhew, Dee Bradley Baker, and Phil LaMarr will be there as well, so hopefully it should be pretty cool.

Bel-Cam Jos
06-25-2013, 01:47 PM
Northfield Target had some of the Class 1 2013 vehicles, as well as those "interesting" new 12" figures, several of both Anakin and Clone Trooper.Well, I was at the Northfield Super Target a couple weeks back, and they had 6 total SW figures. All I bought there was a pack of Band-Aids.

But Denver was a nice visit. And we left the day before the big fires began.

mrhat
07-02-2013, 03:23 PM
Nothing terribly exciting on the toy front, peg warmers continue to warm pegs, but Target is finally pricing them to move, hopefully. While perusing the clearance sections I stumbled upon a really nice Star Wars bedding set, for adults no less. Snagged that up, the outrageous $89.99 original price had been taken down to a much more palatable $26.98 for a Queen sized quilt and 2 shams. So a look-see through the Home Section could be a good venture. The Northfield Target only had the one, but it's possible other Targets have it floating around somewhere.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-16-2013, 10:18 AM
The TJ Maxx near the Target on Church Ranch had several each of the 2013 Yoda-boxed Class I and II vehicles for around $14 each, along with some roleplay items and series 4 Fighter Pods stuff I had never seen at regular stores, but no basic figures. TRU on I-25 and Highway 7 had the new 12" Anakin-to-Vader and the Anakin-to-Vader Ultimate FX lightsaber. So at least things are getting out there.

The Targets I've been to lately have had everything BUT Vintage on sale.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-19-2013, 06:48 PM
The Target in Aurora near Havana had the 12" figures in the Vader box, including repacked Anakin and Clone plus Obi-Wan and Vader. I picked up a few discounted Fighter Pods sets at various Targets, since why not.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-24-2013, 11:32 AM
The Englewood Target had gotten in a case of The Black Series 3 3/4" last night - I picked up every figure except for Luke and the Clone Sergeant, since a guy who was standing in the aisle when I got there had them in his basket. Only the extra Anakin and Biker Scout remained, so they have definitely hit the state!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-06-2013, 01:58 PM
Mission Series, Saga Legends, and other fine products are now available at your local TRU and Target stores.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-16-2013, 10:11 AM
I saw some of TBS 3 3/4" at the Walmarts on Colfax/Wadsworth and 6th/Wadsworth, which had both reset (in the case of the one on 6th, reset for a second time). I picked up Luke at the Colfax one, so I only need the Clone Trooper Lieutenant to complete the wave.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-25-2013, 11:03 PM
The TRU on Highway 7 and I-25 had one Biggs X-wing, which I bought. They also had a few 3 3/4" TBS figure remnants, including the black strap Biker Scout. They had pegs for the 6" figures but they were gone.

mrhat
09-13-2013, 08:44 PM
The new/moved Toys R Us off Mississippi and Ironton (Buckingham Square) opened today, they had all of the standard and 6" Black Series figures.

El Chuxter
09-14-2013, 12:49 AM
Y'all stay safe in Colorado. I don't know if the news media is blowing the flooding out of proportion (I know they tend to do that, but I'm always concerned they're not), but it sounds bad out there.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-16-2013, 04:06 PM
Y'all stay safe in Colorado. I don't know if the news media is blowing the flooding out of proportion (I know they tend to do that, but I'm always concerned they're not), but it sounds bad out there.

Thanks. Luckily it didn't hit hard around me or my family, though a few friends have damp basements.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-16-2013, 06:39 PM
The owner of the online comics company, Mile High Comics (see me at their awesome warehouse) that I've shopped from for years (when they were only in ads inside comics), had his home flooded, which damaged some of his personal comics collection, despite protections to preserve the books. :(

decadentdave
11-08-2013, 12:04 AM
If anybody is looking for the Scanning Crew and Ewok Catapult sets, K-Mart on Broadway and Alameda has some.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-10-2013, 12:00 PM
Of course it's been so quiet lately, but TRU has the Republic Gunship down to $100 and in fairly good supply at the 88th & Sheridan and I-25 & Highway 7 stores.

I went to Bigtop Collectibles on 64th & Ward in Arvada, and it's a very nice store with a fantastic collection. My needs list (of older items) is down to a mere 10 items now, but I was able to get the final figure-and-cup set (Boba Fett). But if you're looking for older army builders or items that you missed, I'd definitely check them out.

mrhat
12-15-2013, 06:23 PM
It's been far too long since I've had a successful SW run, but I happened into Neighborhood Market Walmart off Chambers and Green Valley Ranch Road, to my shock they had a full set of Wave 3 Black Series, less Captain Rex, which I'm not sure made it into this wave or not. They also had some Mara Jades and just about every trooper that's been released so far, so it's good to know at least one store carrys beyond wave 2.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-17-2013, 12:21 PM
It's been far too long since I've had a successful SW run, but I happened into Neighborhood Market Walmart off Chambers and Green Valley Ranch Road, to my shock they had a full set of Wave 3 Black Series, less Captain Rex, which I'm not sure made it into this wave or not. They also had some Mara Jades and just about every trooper that's been released so far, so it's good to know at least one store carrys beyond wave 2.
Oh wow, that's crazy. Was Plagueis there? Those Neighborhood Market stores can be pretty great since they're so out of the way, but it's a crapshoot as to whether they'll have a toy section at all.

BTW, Captain Rex isn't scheduled for release in The Black Series yet (one of the few figures from the cancelled Legacy/Build-A-Droid line to not yet make it out), but there's a Saga Legends version due out any day now.

mrhat
12-17-2013, 06:54 PM
Oh wow, that's crazy. Was Plagueis there? Those Neighborhood Market stores can be pretty great since they're so out of the way, but it's a crapshoot as to whether they'll have a toy section at all.

BTW, Captain Rex isn't scheduled for release in The Black Series yet (one of the few figures from the cancelled Legacy/Build-A-Droid line to not yet make it out), but there's a Saga Legends version due out any day now.

Yeah he was there, it looked like they had just been put out. I've had decent luck with that store since it opened, the Tower and 40th Walmart, which is the closest full location has never gotten any Black Series, barely just got the Legacy 2 packs and such.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-18-2013, 10:50 AM
Yeah he was there, it looked like they had just been put out. I've had decent luck with that store since it opened, the Tower and 40th Walmart, which is the closest full location has never gotten any Black Series, barely just got the Legacy 2 packs and such.

I don't think I've even heard of any wave 3 sightings in the USA yet - at least not widespread ones. That's so awesome!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-19-2014, 04:06 PM
Still no Plagueis or 6" Boba, but I got wave 2 of Mission Series at the Highway 7 TRU yesterday. They must have just put out a fresh case, as there were still three of each set when I left.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-29-2014, 03:07 PM
I got Saga Legends Commander Cody at the Highway 7 TRU on Sunday. They still had one each of Mission Series wave 2, and the Huron Walmart had a few of each.

I also went to about five Walgreens around Denver, in addition to others a little farther out. Only one had any TBS figures at all, so none of them had Plagueis or anything new.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-13-2014, 07:45 PM
I got 6" Boba at the Kmart on Broadway in Denver last weekend, in addition to the rest of Saga Legends wave 2 across a few Targets and TRUs, most of which seemed to be stocking them. Most Targets have also received at least one case of 3 3/4" TBS wave 3, but Plagueis has already been grabbed by the time I've seen the other figures in each instance.