PDA

View Full Version : Suprises are everywhere, in COLORADO!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Teeska Mon Eebon
09-07-2002, 07:34 PM
Answering Jayspawn, I just took a trip to Colorado...I'm from Kansas though... The figures were seen in Frisco, Colorado

I also saw the accesorry sets at the Super Target in Boulder

Darth Shifty
09-09-2002, 12:06 PM
The Wal-Mart in Longmont has all of the new 12'' wave and the cantina sets.

SITHLORDDARTHBANE
09-11-2002, 11:57 PM
Hello all! I found the new Obi-wan and Starfighter at KB in Buckingham Square yesterday evening. This is indeed a chap *** ploy by Hasbro however I think it's a pretty cool packaging job. Plus I'm an obsessive completist so who cares?? My buddy in California just got the new Lott Dot/ Tusken Raiderwave today so keep your eyes peeled. :stupid:

mrhat
09-12-2002, 07:54 PM
Hey guys, out on my venture for a new AOL disk (My aol was being CRAPPY) took me to Wal-Mart on Exposition which to my astonishmet had the REPUBIC GUNSHIP, for 38.88 i got the last one, but if they had one they will sure have more in the future. I also finaly found the Landspeeder at TRU on Missisippi, they had a LOT of them, also the X-Wing, all the old figures too, oh and i got my AOL disk at Comp USA. (damned AOL...)

haggie
09-12-2002, 08:22 PM
Ditch AOL! Just call up a local ISP and switch. It's that easy.

mrhat
09-12-2002, 08:32 PM
Its been pretty good to me, i mean just a cuple of those das when its retarded, i will get a dfferent Isp after imove out of the house, but itll work or now.

Jayspawn
09-12-2002, 08:48 PM
Finally, something new ships to the area!

ces
09-18-2002, 10:53 AM
Things have been slow lately. I still have not been able to get the Gunship. Hopefully it will come to TRU at the same time as the Silver R2 so that I don't have to buy stuff that I already have inorder to get it. I hope the R2 comes soon so that TRU will clear some of its old stuff and get new figures in finally.

Jayspawn
09-18-2002, 11:48 AM
Right on ces. I'm hoping that TRU will get in the 12" Luke and Tauntaun. That'll be worth a silver R2.

haggie
09-18-2002, 02:24 PM
I saw the interactive R2-D2 at Target on 44th and Sheridan yesterday. Much larger than I thought it would be. It looked really cool.

Jayspawn
09-20-2002, 03:29 PM
I picked up 12" Luke and Tauntaun at Toys'R'Us in Mississippi. They only had 2 of them. By the way it is very cool, the sculpt on Luke's face is pretty cool. And of course the Tauntaun is a work of art. It was $59.99. It would have been nicer if it was the same price as Han and Tauntaun.

ces
09-23-2002, 02:20 PM
I did a run today and didn't really find a thing. It has been very slow lately. Oh well, at least I am saving some money.

Jayspawn
09-25-2002, 12:38 AM
I saw the Interactive R2 at Target on Arappaho this afternoon. It's very cool looking and I kinda want one after seeing it in person. But the $100 price tag is putting me off.

Jayspawn
09-26-2002, 04:40 PM
Taget on Arappaho gor more accessory sets. There wernt any Engor sets but a bunch of the other 3.

Jayspawn
09-30-2002, 12:06 AM
ZZZZZzzzzz......

ces
09-30-2002, 11:07 PM
I know Jay, Very Slow

Jayspawn
10-01-2002, 11:39 AM
Nothing new, but Target on Colorado Blvd and Abeline had their Unleashed, Acklay and Reek all marked down to $11. Not a bad price for those who have not picked them up.

SITHLORDDARTHBANE
10-01-2002, 11:57 AM
Well at least SOMETHING new!, I picked up he Obi-wan and Jango Fett electronic figures at Super K-mart on Arapahoe this morning. Other that that only poopy crap remains shelved.

mrhat
10-06-2002, 08:20 PM
Hey yall, Nothing Star Wars to report as of late, however I did find the Treehouse of Horror 3 set, i was about to leave the store after looking on the shelves, but then i saw a yellow and red box on the floor, and low and behold the last set of the day, the clerk even mentioned that it was the last one. hurray!, this set is SO cool, i only Star Wars would do something like these sets...

Jayspawn
10-06-2002, 08:50 PM
I wish I could find one of those Simpsons sets but everytime I go looking for one (which is a LOT!) I never find one.

mrhat
10-06-2002, 09:58 PM
I just get lucky actually, first time around, i missed it completely, second time, fond an open box of them on a pallate, this time it was left on the floor, at least you now they ARE gettig them, i think this one is just as good as the 2 previous, however the figs do not make sense with the base except homer, all the others are not even in the Ironic Punishment facility, o well i like willy the best though his lines are the closest to offensive to date especially "you willpay for thiswith your childrens blood" srt of like last years kang-"STOP we have reached the limits of what rectal probng can teach us!" well happy hunting to you all!

Jayspawn
10-09-2002, 04:52 PM
K-Mart on Chambers and Colfax had the Arena Playset this afternoon. There were about 6 of them there at $44.95. I also picked up a TA Anakin there for $3.49. It was marked down at the register.

Also, NEW Target stores at Buckingham Mall and across the street from Aurora Mall are opening up October 13th - this Sunday. Hopefully they'll have some new stuff.

ces
10-09-2002, 07:00 PM
Hey Jay, Thanks for the Heads up. When I got there, there were only five left and you are right, the one at ground level is in bad shape. I got one, kind of expensive at $44.

ces
10-09-2002, 07:01 PM
Oh, by the way, K-mart still had several TA Anakins

Jayspawn
10-09-2002, 07:05 PM
Wow. Ok, more news! The NEW Targets are open NOW! THe one at BUckingham had a Yoda, TA Anakin, Sith Training Darth Maul, Ki-Adi, and Teemtos! As well as the accessory sets! The store is very clean and new and very promising (And its close to where I live!).

haggie
10-09-2002, 11:59 PM
There's a new Super Target opening up down the street from me too. It's across the street from the Denver West shopping center. I can't wait.

Jayspawn, your signature brings up a good question. Does Obi-Wan say "and he was a good friend" or "Ani was a good friend"? I never thought anything of the line (assumed it was "And he...") until TPM came out and I heard the nickname Ani. Hmmmm...

Jayspawn
10-10-2002, 01:32 AM
I think its just "And he was a good friend."

mrhat
10-10-2002, 04:36 PM
THANKS Jay and ces, Thanks to you I piced up the new ARENA at K-Mart on Colfax/Chambers. I rarely go there anymore, they havent had anything til now, no Aninkins left two dinged up Arena left, i grabbed the most damaged one, so anyone who wouldnt open it (why not) could hae a decent one. WOO HOO, I am almost caught up, just need two Clone Gunners, a Darth Maul ST, and the non bearded Rebel Soldier. Thanks to some people at Sandtroopers i am gettin an Anikin TA,an Ephat Mon, a Padme Pilot, a tusken w/ Massif, a watto, a lott dod,and a jango pilot. well the arena is AWESOME! Kinda Heavy and awkwardly shaped. o well. the Role Play Game is kinda small and seemed to be a last miute thing, where the hell isthat danged obi-wan holding thing? grrrr... its still kicks arse. well thats my 2 cents.

Jayspawn
10-15-2002, 12:21 PM
A helpful Toys'R'Us employee tells me they have a Star Wars sale coming up soon. He didn't say when though but that it might be soon. I was thinking November. And he said the silver R2 would be given away with purchases over $20. Sounds like a deal!

SITHLORDDARTHBANE
10-15-2002, 01:04 PM
Hello all! I was in Pueblo this weekend and had a few finds on Sunday. A few Mace/Count Dooku Unleashed at the local KB toys, They also had a few of the exclusive Clonetroopers(both red and yellow) still in stock:D . The K-MARTS had MANY, MANY Arenas, but nobody had any new figures.:dead: ........HOWEVER !!!:D :D :D
When i got home yesterday, before I went to work, I stopped by the Target on Arapahoe and found the new deluxe figures. I got two Clonetrooper/ speederbikes, 2 Geonosians(BOTH BAD-***) but only one Anakin as he is a piece of CRAPPY ****!!! Happy hunting gents!!!

Jayspawn
10-15-2002, 03:19 PM
Good to hear from you SITHLORDDARTHBANE. I'm glad the new COOL Deluxe figures are starting to show up. I just wish some figures would. And the Rebublic Gunship.

haggie
10-15-2002, 06:08 PM
Picked up a Gunship today. All I can say is AWESOME!!! I normally don't buy 3 3/4" vehicles. I don't have the moeny or the room which is why I prefer Action Fleet. I only own the 3 3/4" Slave I (Boba Fett's). Until today. My local WalMart had one Gunship sitting on the shelf and I took a look since it was my favorite vehicle from AOTC. This thing blew me away. It is beyond cool and it was only $38 which seemed like a very good price. Now I have two 3 3/4" vehicles. I just need to track down a pair of pilots and the new speeder bike to go with it.

I also came across the deluxe Anakin (oh so lame. Looks like he's squatting to pinch a loaf) and Geonosian Warrior (pretty cool). Both were at Target on Wadsworth and 78th(?) and I left them both on the pegs for somebody else.

Jayspawn
10-16-2002, 04:51 PM
YYYYEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!! I finally found a Republic Gunship today!!!! Wal-Mart on Abeline (the one I hate) had only 1 when I spitefully walked over. It's great! Finally, something to tide me over till more figures finally show up. Now I need some pilots to go with it!

haggie
10-16-2002, 05:18 PM
Gunship rocks, eh Jayspawn. I now have a desperate search for pilots underway. I'm check all the stores in my area daily.

Jayspawn
10-16-2002, 06:02 PM
You said it haggie. It's pretty big for what you pay. I already have built a Clone Army, I need some pilots. My Gunship will have to stay docked for a little while.

ces
10-16-2002, 06:43 PM
Congrats Jay,
Now I just need to find one. Hopefully more will be hitting soon. The New Target (don't know what to call this one, I guess Alameda? Well they had Anakin TA and Darth Maul on Monday evening.

haggie
10-17-2002, 02:59 AM
I saw four Gunships at Walmart on 3rd (or is it 4th?) and Wadsworth. They were all on the top shelf so they may be sitting there longer than usual so if anybody wants one enough to leave their usualy area, that's where you should go. Two are in the SW section and the other two are on the opposite side of the shelf by the bikes where no SW collector would normally look.

The new Super Target across from Denver West opened on Sunday. Big disappointment as far as toys go. They have a HUGE toy section and their SW and Zoid (my other major toy collection) selections are tiny. And they don't have ANYTHING new. I have seen a lot more Deluxe C3-PO and Yoda around though, so maybe it will be the same story for the Speeder Bike that I need for my Gunship.

...man that Gunship rocks. Three posts later and I still can't shut up about it. It is so damn cool. Unfortunately, I have not place to put it. My wife and I are crammed in a two bedroom apartment and my shelf space is taken up. The Gunship is packed away with all my other SW stuff in the closet. I did buy another red Clone Trooper for it today though. :)

I still see a ton of Slave Is around. I'm hoping it goes on deep discount. If I can score it for under $15, I'll get one to go with my Boba Slave I.

Jayspawn
10-17-2002, 12:28 PM
Same here haggie. It's bigger than I thought it would be. And it does take up quite a bit of space. I would like to get another though. I bet you can fit quite a bit of Clones in them.

The Deluxe Speeder bike w/ Clonetrooper figure fits perfectly into the Gunship. It's crazy, they fit it perfect. And the Clone goes very well with the ship as well.

r2dee2
10-17-2002, 06:01 PM
In Colorado Springs......oodles of the 12" Han and Luke at our only TRU, the BigKMart on South Academy had the Battle Arena and the second wave Action Fleet. If you are into the books, the second Boba Fett book (Crossfire) and the #4 Jedi Quest (Master of Disguise) is out.

ces
10-17-2002, 06:16 PM
I found the Gunship at TRU on Mississippi. They still have one left if anyone else still needs it. I spent about and hour putting it together. I had some trouble getting the pilots to fit into the cockpit and getting their cannons to clip onto the gunship. It looks really cool once it is all together. The Speeder bike does fit great in the back. It is a great set overall. I wish that front compartment had pegs in it too. My figures there keep sliding around.

ces
10-17-2002, 06:18 PM
R2Dee2, What 12" Han and Luke?

haggie
10-17-2002, 06:38 PM
Is the Clone Pilot the only clone that will fit in the Gunship cockpit? How about the gun that comeswith the pilot? Will other clones fit it?

Jayspawn
10-17-2002, 06:52 PM
The gun that comes with the Clone Pilot clips onto the edge of the Gunship like in the movie. Sneak Peak Clone doesn't fit into the cockpit. And I havn't tried the red Clone yet. But I imagine the Clone Pilot work great.

R2Dee2, what 12" Han and Luke?

haggie
10-17-2002, 07:16 PM
Maybe she means 12" Luke and Tauntaun? I've seen piles of them at TRU in Westminster.

r2dee2
10-17-2002, 10:53 PM
SORRY GUYS!!!! Of course I meant 12" Luke and TaunTaun!!! My bad:crazed:

Jayspawn
10-17-2002, 11:46 PM
Oh thats good. I was pretty thrown off there.

mrhat
10-17-2002, 11:49 PM
well maybe one day a 12" han and luke pack will come out...

r2dee2
10-18-2002, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by mrhat
well maybe one day a 12" han and luke pack will come out...

Well, they did already with the KB exclusive 12" Luke and Han Stormtrooper:D

ces
10-20-2002, 06:52 PM
Hey all, Taget Greatland has the new deluxe figures now too. When I left at 4:30 PM they had three clones with speeder bikes left, one Geonosian and several F#*%ing Anakins or is that Flipping?

Jayspawn
10-20-2002, 09:05 PM
I saw those too ces. We must have been there around the same time.

Jayspawn
10-20-2002, 09:11 PM
Wal-Mart on Buckley had the 2nd series Action Fleet.

ces
10-20-2002, 09:11 PM
Yeah, I was really torn about buying at least one more, but I decided against it. I was hoping to find wave 2 of the Action Fleet vehicles. I just need them and Ephant Mon and I think I am done until the new Bounty Hunter Wave, Silver R2 and the new Cantina sets come out later this month.

haggie
10-20-2002, 10:45 PM
Has anybody found the new Watto? I'm too lazy to read through the last few pages of posts and he's the only new figure I want other than the Clone Pilots and Speeder Bike.

ces
10-20-2002, 10:48 PM
Haggie, that wave has been showing up at KB. On the note of KB, I stopped by there today and they had marked up there figures to $5.49! They were all old ones too.

haggie
10-20-2002, 10:59 PM
Cool. I'll have to check KB. I did find the new Anakin, Maul, and Padme at KMart on 58th and Kipling and I have found the new Action Fleet.

Jayspawn
10-20-2002, 11:50 PM
I of course am missing sever of the new figures. But anyways. I went into KB sevral times this week, everyday I think. But the employees told me that they didn't get a truck this week. What a rip!

Jayspawn
10-21-2002, 03:38 PM
I finally picked up the beardless Endor Rebel Soldier at Target Buckingham. The only bad news about it was it was the only new figure! No Pilot Padme! No Lot Dodd! No Watto! No Tusken!

Oh well, the search goes on.

ces
10-22-2002, 11:55 AM
That is weird Jay. Somone must not have realized that he was new when they were grabbing up all the new figures. Sounds kind of scalperous to me. He is packed one per case with the Watto, Lott Dodd and Tusken case.
By the way thanks for the heads up about the action fleet. By the time I got there they only had Dooku's ship left, but at least I have one of the 2nd wave now.

Jayspawn
10-22-2002, 12:28 PM
Haha, thats good! The Solar Sailor looked pretty cool to me. It's original! I passed on the Naboo Fighter back in the Episode I days so I may pick that up when I find it.

I hope the beardless Endor Rebel Soldier will show up a lot more places. He would be a nice pegwarmer for a little while. At least he's an army builder.

haggie
10-22-2002, 04:41 PM
Anybody out there have an opened Tusken Raider w/Massiff? I'm curious if it hasa removeable head or not.

mrhat
10-22-2002, 05:13 PM
sorry haggie, no removible head, in fact it is the same EXACT one as the POTJ Tusken from the first wave of the Power, and the same Massiff.

haggie
10-22-2002, 05:22 PM
Hmmm. Maybe the next Tusken Raider (in 2003) will have a removeable head.

Jayspawn
10-22-2002, 10:05 PM
I've heard that there is a Tusken w/ removable head coming out next year.

For those who don't have them yet, KB at Aurora Mall had several yellow and red 12" Clonetroopers.

mrhat
10-22-2002, 10:18 PM
Wow they still have them, amazing. I stopped over at the new Target on Sable before Alabline, its HUGE. They had a good assortment of the Accessory packs, i got the last episode 2 one thogh, pleanty of classic ones though, other than that they had 3 Tattoine Anikins if you need one. They closed the other target across from All C's as well as the sams club. But no fear the *new* Sams Club is by Home Depot. Well I guess a small sacrafice for things that are new. Wal-Mart on Expo. had a (1) Momow Bar set left, nothing else. TRU by old Target had all the old ones (still) if you need them including the previews. If you are into other tings they ha a couple of fresh cases of Movie Maniacs 5, and the enterprise ship and phaser/communicator packs. Well thats all the news for now.

Jayspawn
10-22-2002, 10:30 PM
Off the topic for a sec, but who had the Movie Maniacs 5 Mrhat? Target at Buckingham Mall, TRU or Target across from Aurora Mall?

mrhat
10-22-2002, 10:43 PM
the one by aurora mall, they had all the versions of the toys including the scarier versions.

SITHLORDDARTHBANE
10-22-2002, 11:22 PM
:D Hello gentlemen!! If anyone still needs them, the Kmart on Arapahoe had MANY Padme' pilots left. I also found 2 Wattos, 2 Tusken Raiders and 1 Lott Dod. There were no more of this assortment when I left but there are STILL Padme' pilots for all!!! :greedy: :greedy:

Jayspawn
10-23-2002, 12:34 AM
AHH! I still need that Padme! But I can't get there till tomorrow!

Jayspawn
10-23-2002, 01:52 AM
Oh nevermind! I went out there and got her. But I went through hell getting there!

First of all. Because of TREX, the the exit into I25 is closed! SO, I had to go all the way to Hampden JUST to turn around! THEN, As I get onto Hampden, its a parkinglot!!! Cars are not moving and I'm stuck! So I sat there waiting. AAHHH!!! Eventually I get to K-Mart and the entrance I parked by is closed! So I had to walk across the parkinglot to the other entrance which is in the exact opposite direction of the toy section! BUT I did get my Pilot Padme (Thank you SITHLORDDARTHBANE!!!!) I am now the last person on the planet to get one. Haha. AND its cold outside! The trip home wasn't so bad. They also had the 2nd wave Action Fleet. 1 AT-ET, 2 Naboo Fighters, and 2 Solar Sailors.

I hope you read this Hasbro!

r2dee2
10-25-2002, 12:41 PM
I posted this in the General Discussion area, but thought more Colorado people would see it here:)

For the Colorado members here.....check out the activites for the Nov 1 IMAX ATOC showing in Colorado Springs....
http://imax.rmff.net/activities.html

More info here (http://www.twinsuntimes.com/toyforce/imax_poster.htm)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-25-2002, 08:19 PM
Hey cool! Thanks!

Jayspawn
10-27-2002, 03:04 PM
I finally picked up Watto today at Buckingham Target. And he was $2.99!!!!! They are on sale this week. It would have been nice to find Lott Dod and Tusken Raider.

TRU on Mississippi had like 6 Republic Gunships!!!

ces
10-27-2002, 04:20 PM
Hopefully TRU has the new R2 soon. I have heard 11/2 now.

haggie
10-27-2002, 04:24 PM
I finally just bit the bullet. I just bought four clone pilots for $35 (with free shipping) on eBay. I haven't seen a single one and I wanted four of them so I knew the chances were slight of me ever finding them on the shelves. The deal isn't so bad considering it eliminates my constant driving around town. Now I just need the clone with Speeder Bike to complete my Gunship. I've found that deluxe wave at four different stores and every time the clone is already gone.

SITHLORDDARTHBANE
10-27-2002, 04:28 PM
GOOD JOB JAY!!! I would bet the barn that we will sww a few figures hit this week and if they happen to hit while people are running sales then that kicks ***!!!:D ...... A little off the Star Wars
subject, has anyone found the new Muppets figues I am dying for those damn things???

mrhat
10-27-2002, 06:43 PM
Hey guys and Gal, Went on the ususual hunt, and found some things-- A (1) Darth Maul Sith Training, at Target off of sable by the aurora mall, They also had 2 interactive R2's fr 98.99 or so, Wal-Mart had some Momow Cantina Sets, TRU had the gunships about 4 when i was there, at 39.99. They had the X-Wing and Taun Taun, They still have all the old figures, nothing new in that deartment, they did however have the new interactive lightsaber. The Aurora Mall has nothing of noteworthyness, unless you collect the new Star Trek Figs which they had a lot of. If you collect movie maniacs, TRU, Media Play, and EB had them, suprisigly though, at TRU only 3 toothfaires a Jason and a Djinn were left. At Media Play same thing, only more of each, they also had Ash vs. Evil Ash 2 pack. EB had them all except Sarah Connor. Happy Hunting.

haggie
10-27-2002, 08:29 PM
Bane, do you mean wave 2 of the Muppets? TRU in Westminster has had wave 1 for months. I bought Dr. Teeth (I just want to get the band and maybe Beeker). I haven't seen these figs anywhere but TRU though. Also OT: I saw the latest wave of Simpsons figs today at Super Target at Denver West. Stonecutter Homer is totally cool.

mrhat
10-27-2002, 08:41 PM
Ive seen the first series of muppets, at EB and TRU, and Sam Goody. I havent seen the simpsons wave after the Rod and Todd toys. I hope i do, did they have the Mr Burns Playset?

haggie
10-27-2002, 09:41 PM
Didn't see any playsets there. They has a few older ones on clearance for $5 each last week but they were gone. That might be a sign that they don't plan on purchasing the playsets for Target stores anymore.

mrhat
10-27-2002, 09:51 PM
thanks! Im sure they will show up!

Jayspawn
10-28-2002, 12:46 AM
Off the Star Wars topic.

Target Greatland has ALL of Series 10 Simpsons figures including the Mr. Burns and Dr. Nick playsets. They look great!

SITHLORDDARTHBANE, I'm on the lookout for the 2nd Series Muppets as well. No sign of them yet. I believe they include Fozzie, Crazy Harry, Sgt. Floyd Pepper and Zoot (I think thats the 4th). Did you send out for the ToyFare Vacation Fozzie? I did and I'm still waiting of course.

r2dee2
10-28-2002, 11:45 PM
I found the Electronic Ask Yoda today at Target on Powers in Colorado Springs......it might be old hat to you guys, but it's the first time I've seen it. PICS (http://www.twinsuntimes.com/toyforce/askyoda.htm)

mrhat
10-28-2002, 11:55 PM
Woner How long those r2s will warm shelves? I am hopin to get one this weekend!

haggie
10-29-2002, 12:58 AM
I know it's OT but it's only a small group of us here so if anybody finds wave 2 Muppets please post. I've only seen Muppet figs at TRU and the closest TRU is 12 miles away and I only go there every two weeks or so. It'd be great to get a heads up. Thanks in advance.

Jayspawn
10-29-2002, 08:58 PM
I found the Tusken Raider w/ Masiff today at Greatland Target. There was only 1 there. I think I only need Lott Dodd, a few Clone Pilots and Ephant Mon now.

haggie
10-30-2002, 01:17 AM
Hey everyone. I have a small plea to the group. If one of you runs across a Clone Trooper with Speeder Bike would you mind grabbing it and mailing it my way? I can pay you with PayPal or by mailing you a check or money order and I'm in no hurry to get the toy so if that meant it didn't get mailed until your Christmas packages went out, that would be fine. It would even fit in one of those free Priority Mail boxes they have at the Post Office (and I don't care about condition so you could just throw it in there with no padding of any kind for all I care). I'm not going to be making the store rounds very often for a few months and I know the likelyhood of finding one on my own is slim to none. If anybody can help, please let me know. If not, I'll probably buy one off eBay after Christmas when there isn't as much demand. Thanks!

Jayspawn
10-30-2002, 01:34 AM
They show up frequently haggie. I'll keep an eye out though.

mrhat
10-30-2002, 03:18 PM
will do!

Jayspawn
10-30-2002, 03:28 PM
TRU on Mississippi had lots of Padme Coruscant Attack, Jango Pilot, Yoda, Count Dooku, and Darth Maul Sith Training this afternoon.

mrhat
10-30-2002, 04:04 PM
About ******* Time. Hopefully this will be a sign of the things to come!

Darth Shifty
11-01-2002, 03:31 PM
Wal-Mart in Longmont has tons of the Jango Pilots, Darth Maul, Padme and Clone Pilots. No sign of Ephant, Lott Dodd or Clone Trooper Deluxe yet.

mrhat
11-01-2002, 09:12 PM
God news finally after that awfully dry summer!

Jayspawn
11-03-2002, 04:39 PM
Indeed. The Silver R2s should be available anyday now.

ces
11-03-2002, 05:02 PM
Jay, the Silver R2 is available now at the TRU on Mississippi.

mrhat
11-03-2002, 05:19 PM
Its TRUE i picked one up at 1 pm, i had gotten an unleashed Windu and Windu Rubies Saber, and i just brought the reciept back, and i got one! Oh they had the Lot Dodd wave too!

Jayspawn
11-04-2002, 01:05 AM
Mrhat, did they have Unleashed Tyranus also? I'm going there tomorrow to check up. It's a good thing they're putting out new stuff so we can get a Silver R2 without having to buy stuff we already have.

I picked up a Lott Dod (finally) at Target on Abeline (by Aurora Mall). It rang up the $2.99 sale price. They also has Action Fleet wave 2 and some Tuskens w/ Masiff left.

Jayspawn
11-04-2002, 01:23 AM
OH! And My Darth Vader Replica Lightsaber should arrive later this week so I'm stoked! And they gave me FREE shipping too! "Can ya beat that?"

mrhat
11-04-2002, 12:25 PM
No only the one Windu, It was hidden behind some reeks, along with the Rubies Saber, the Silver R2 is cool! and nice to have one. It is a nice sight to see new stuff at TRU, all it took was 5 months... well heres to much more of the same!

Jayspawn
11-04-2002, 12:32 PM
SCALPERS!!! We've been had Gentlemen! I dropped by TRU this morning to buy some stuff and get an R2. A helpful employee told me that they were sold out and that 3 guys came in yesterday and walked out with 2 FULL CASES and a little extra! How the hell do they let this happen?!?! Thats just wrong.

They said they would be getting more in. They didn't know when of course.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-04-2002, 01:49 PM
FOR WHOM IT MAY CONCERN: :D :crazed:

The Wal-Mart in Lafayette has TA Ani, ST Maul, CA Padmé, SIP Jango, and Watto in great abundance (there also might have been a Lott Dod, but I have him [kind of . . . long story]). They also have gunships and arenas.

Jayspawn
11-04-2002, 03:32 PM
I got my Silver R2 this afternoon from TRU in Park Meadows. I got an Action Fleet, a Yoda and an extra Padme Coruscan't Attack.

mrhat
11-04-2002, 04:33 PM
I saw some of those scalpers at TRU on Albaline by Old Target, i walked in after getting mine earlier that day, to see if anything new had been put out. As i made my way to the Display, I saw some guy with 7 or so of the R2's waltzing around the store, i was abot to say soething, and i think he knew, he wisely ran off. Well i got one at least if i hadnt, i might have followed him around and gotten one, Well thats my story!

Jayspawn
11-05-2002, 01:45 PM
KB has figures on sale this week for $4.44. They also have the 25th anniversary packs m,arked down to $4.99. Good price for opening.

ces
11-05-2002, 04:25 PM
I didn't see much today while running around. I did pick up the new "Ask Yoda" at Target Greatlands. They had about five left. I picked up several of the R3's this weekend at TRU to get my free silver R2. I have spent the last few days painting them. They came out pretty good; you all should give it a try. If I can do it, you guys can all do it. Now I have 15 different astrometric droids.

mrhat
11-05-2002, 04:40 PM
ive tried my hand at customizing, and might start up again if i cant getrid of some of my doubles... well let us know how they turn out!

Jayspawn
11-05-2002, 09:35 PM
I've made some pretty nice custom figures. I've done some non-Star Wars customs which are very nice.

Jayspawn
11-07-2002, 01:18 AM
My Darth Vader Lightsaber Replica arrived today! And it is COOL!!! Definatly one of the best pieces in my Star Wars collection. Worth the price? Yes! I could spend a LOT of time just standing, looking at it.

ces
11-10-2002, 07:10 PM
Hey all, a bit off subject, but I received the Lord of the Rings extended edition in the mail on Thursday. It is really good. The new and extended scenes add a lot to it.

Jayspawn
11-10-2002, 07:18 PM
Did you get the Boxed Set or just the Extended DVD? I'm holding out for the set on Tueday. Oh it's gonna be great!

And how about the DVD price for "Attack of the Clones" at TRU? $9.99 can't beat that! I'll be there.

ces
11-10-2002, 07:24 PM
I got the regular expanded edition.
TRU has a great price on the DVD. I am so torn right now. I am going to get the DVD, but I am questioning if I should also get the VHS. The only reason is that I also have all of the other movies on VHS. Both the S.E. and original format. At that price I may have to just get both. Also, I have heard that the Connection shorts are only on the VHS.

I think that it is lame that they are making different versions of the DVD too. I am not going to get the one with the R2 beneath the dome feature. I thought it was really dumb and would probably never watch it.

Is anyone going to go to the Springs to see the IMAX version? I really want to, but I hate driving down there.

Jayspawn
11-10-2002, 08:00 PM
I didn't know that there were different versions of the 'Clones' DVD. What are the differences? I'm definatly getting Widescreen for sure. Its the best way to watch any movie!

I really want to go to IMAX but havn't made it yet. I don't like driving down there either. They should have it in Denver instead.

ces
11-10-2002, 08:52 PM
THe only difference that I know of is the one store is getting the DVD with the R2-D2 mocumentry "Beneath the Dome." I cannot remember the store that has this added feature; I think it might be Sun Coast.

mrhat
11-10-2002, 09:01 PM
I think thats right, but none of the ads mentioned it...

r2dee2
11-10-2002, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by ces
THe only difference that I know of is the one store is getting the DVD with the R2-D2 mocumentry "Beneath the Dome." I cannot remember the store that has this added feature; I think it might be Sun Coast.

My understanding is that the R2 Beneath the dome will be released in December ( last I heard was Dec. 26th I think) on DVD, exclusive to Suncoast and will cost about $10.00. There is to be a "preview" of it on the Episode II releases on Tuesday.

mrhat
11-10-2002, 10:39 PM
Okay now everything is piecing togeher, the DVD is Coming possibly only to suncoast for 10 dollars, but no exclusive has been announced officially. Off the topic a bit, i finally found the Mr. Burns Playset at Media Play. now all i need is SCORPIO!

Jayspawn
11-10-2002, 11:39 PM
"You're mad Scorpio!"

I forgot to mention this, I must be loosing it. Super Wal-Mart on Hampden had the purple Mace Windu, and Jedi orange and green Hasbro lightsabers! They're cool!

mrhat
11-10-2002, 11:50 PM
Wow hasbro, thank you for MORE Generic Lightsabers, woo hoo! By the way where is the TRU ad with the 9.99 DVD? it wasnt in my paper today, and i havent gone to look at TRU yet, anyone know? I printed Sir Steves scan, in case i am unsucceful in obtaining one for Price Matching.

haggie
11-10-2002, 11:54 PM
The TRU flier was in our paper today. I'm going to price match at Best Buy on tuesday.

mrhat
11-10-2002, 11:55 PM
Darned Paper, i MUST have it! stupid Denver Post...

mrhat
11-11-2002, 05:38 PM
Okay i picked up an ad from TRU, Also did some Day off looking-- TRU STILL had Interactive Sabers, also a couple of Gunships, nothing much left of the new stuff. Media Play-- Jack ----, Wal-Mart (on Exposition) had nothing new (suprise). Target (by Aurora Mall) Had a couple of Arenas, some interactive R2's, a bunch of te Action Fleet, no At-TE's though. K-Mart on Chambers/Colfax had some newer figs (only 5.74) Padme Pilots, Tusken Massiff. Well maybe after the Movies out tomorrow... Oh and a bit off the topic... Okay as for The Two Towers Toys, they are slowy trickling to retail. Target had a LOT of the figs, and one each of the Horse sets (gandolph, Aragorn, and re-hatsched Ring Wraith) also had the new Star Trek Nemisi toys, and classic Mini-Mates. Also Broken Bow Deluxes. Still no SCORPIO, grrr....

Jayspawn
11-11-2002, 06:32 PM
mrhat, where did you see the Gandalf with Horse? Which Target?

mrhat
11-11-2002, 06:34 PM
The Target by the Aurora Mall the Super Target.

Jayspawn
11-12-2002, 12:15 AM
Thanks mrhat. I've been looking around for that one.

And HEY! Where did our post numbers go????

mrhat
11-12-2002, 08:39 AM
I think they took the axe to it. Im Sure Jar Jar is okay with it though... No problem hope you can pick it up, well today is that big day, DVDs to all I say!

Jayspawn
11-12-2002, 03:32 PM
I picked up my 'Clones' DVD this morning at TRU. I've checked out all the special features and they are very cool I must say!

TRU didn't have anything new put out though. They had some Arenas and lots of people were buying older action figures to go along with their DVDs which is good. They did have Action Fleet wave 2 though.

mrhat
11-12-2002, 03:49 PM
Picked up my Clones today at Best Buy with Price Match, got one of the last copies on DVD, and a Calender!

r2dee2
11-12-2002, 04:02 PM
Picked up my AOTC DVD at Media Play (in Colorado Springs) for $19.99 and got the pewter clonetrooper keychain and the Star Wars Episode II ATOC Creative Print Studio CD.

TRU (Colorado Springs) had Lott Dod, Watto, Padme, Anakin, Ki Adi Mundi, Teemto and Luke Landspeeder.

Kmart on N. Nevada had the Arena playset deluxe Anakin and Geonosian.

ces
11-12-2002, 06:05 PM
I swung by TRU this morning and saw the huge line forming of people trying to be the first to grab the DVD. I did not feel like dealing with that so I ran to Wal-Mart to get one for price matching. They were automatically doing it.

As a side note if anyone is still trying to get the Disney Figures go to this website:
http://www.laughingplacestore.com/Cat-ShopStarTours-1.asp

Jayspawn
11-14-2002, 12:40 AM
I still need a few of the Star Tours figures. But I spent a bit on DVDs this week.

mrhat
11-14-2002, 12:44 AM
Wish Disney would build a theme park out here...

Jayspawn
11-14-2002, 01:05 AM
Ha, that would ne nice. It would be even better if Disney Stores carried the Star Tours figures!

Jayspawn
11-14-2002, 01:06 AM
Has anybody seen Unleashed Mace or Tyranus around?

mrhat
11-14-2002, 12:19 PM
Not since silver R2

r2dee2
11-14-2002, 01:10 PM
Jayspawn, try Park Meadows TRU for the unleashed, they might still have some left.

Jayspawn
11-14-2002, 02:17 PM
Thanks r2dee2, I just might.

ces
11-14-2002, 07:48 PM
Hey everyone, has anybody found the Outtakes on Disc one I heard that they are there, but I cannot get to them.

mrhat
11-14-2002, 08:38 PM
I have tried but it hasnt worked yet, the only eggs i have been able to make work are the Menu screen changes...

ces
11-14-2002, 08:43 PM
I have tried the 1138 method on three DVD players and cannot get it to work on any of them.
As an aside, I found the Easter Eggs on the Extended Edition Fellowship of the rings DVD. The first one is on Disc 1. You go to the Council scene and go down one more. A ring will appear on the bottom. You click on it and it takes you to the MTV version.
The second one is on Disc two. On this one you go to the credits under the scene selection. Go to the Fan Credits. Then go to scene 48. Go down one more and the two towers show up on the bottom. Click on them. It is really cool.

Jayspawn
11-14-2002, 11:19 PM
I havew not been able to get the out takes to work either. I don't see how its feasible, but it must work somehow.

I'm getting the LOTR Expanded Edition tomorrow. I hope Best Buy will have more in.

And I got Unleashed Tyranus today. He's cool!!

mrhat
11-15-2002, 06:47 PM
Yeah im probobly going after the LOTR Gift Pack Edition before work!

ces
11-15-2002, 09:45 PM
Okay I finally got it to work.
To get to the gag reel:

Access chapter 3 directly not through chapter menu, but by using the chapter skip buttons on your DVD. Once at chapter three pess stop, and then press search or however you skip to an inputted chapter, the press 3 (and press enter, play, or select). This method worked on my playstation 2, Toshiba, and Panasonic DVD players.

Jayspawn
11-16-2002, 12:47 AM
I'll have to check it out.

I picked up the Lord of the Rings Expanded Edition Collector's Boxed set at Wal-Mart this afternoon. I have not had a chance to watch the movie itself yet, but the set is very cool. Definatly worth the price, I got it for $48.88 which is the lowest price anywhere. The bookends are pretty neat too.

mrhat
11-16-2002, 02:45 PM
I picked my Boxed set this afternoon at best buy for 49.99, pretty cool! i will have to clar room to watch it tomorrow!

Jayspawn
11-19-2002, 01:30 PM
Has anyonse seen any Clone Pilots around? These guys still continue to evade me.

haggie
11-19-2002, 01:56 PM
I haven't seen a single Clone Pilot or Clone with Speeder on the pegs.

ces
11-19-2002, 02:00 PM
I have seen some of the figures in this case assortment, but not them in a store. I also cannot find Ephant Mon anywhere. I think I got to Kmart last week just after they were all gobbled up. I went on a run today and found nothing. The KB at Buckingham had several of the Deluxe Yodas if anyone still needs them. They were on the top shelf.

mrhat
11-19-2002, 05:24 PM
Super Target had some Deluxe Clones, as well as the rest of the newest deluxe wave. Still havent seen clone pilot, or Ephant Mon either...

Darth Shifty
11-19-2002, 06:15 PM
Jayspawn and Haggie,

They have them at Superhero Headquarters on 74th and Federal.

vulcantouch
11-19-2002, 08:51 PM
i've known jim, the guy who mans that place, for years and he's always been a stand-up guy; the price-setting absentee owner, on the other hand, is a shameless egg-suckin lowlife scalpin rat BAZdidd and anyone can tell him i sez so :dead: i've never given that grubby, small-minded tub-o-crap a dime of my $$ and i ain't gonna start now. he's the all-c's of the northwest quadrant :p
hat, hag, spawn: you guys still ain't bagged a clonepilot? that's odd, cuz usually you hardcore figurehuntin grinds find all the new ones Way b4 i do :sur: anyhoo, as reported in my huntpost 410 (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=196217#post196217) (and 405 for that matter) i found a half-dozen at westland kmarket a week ago, & even paid the targ sale price for mine :cool:
vt

haggie
11-20-2002, 12:39 AM
I have four Clone Pilots but I resorted to eBay to get them (never seen a single one on the pegs and I eventually gave up looking). I got them all from one guy (scalper) so I didn't get beat up too much by his markup or shipping. I just need a Deluxe Clone with Speeder Bike.

vulcantouch
11-20-2002, 12:45 PM
. . .but that was about a month ago :o i'll keep an eye out if you wish, & if i find one i can remand it to you over tea in the near future (might have to do that one of these weeks, eh r2? :) hat, spawn & everyone else on this thred'd be welcome to join us too, watch this space for info :) ) meanwhile if any of you local punks score a spare tru silveR2 for me that'd be nice, & if you didn't wanna just give it to me i might have some trade items to your liking :D
vt

haggie
11-20-2002, 02:46 PM
VT, please keep your eye out for a Clone Speederbike if you don't mind. I hardly ever get to the stores anymore because I just don't have the time.

mrhat
11-20-2002, 03:56 PM
Ill look for you too, if Super Target has one ill put it away for you. Anyway nothing new yet...

Jayspawn
11-22-2002, 01:04 AM
Greatland Target had the Hasbro Green and Orange Jedi lightsabers and some deluxe Geo Warriors.

mrhat
11-22-2002, 12:17 PM
neato

Jayspawn
11-22-2002, 06:41 PM
TRU has the new Talking Yoda marked down to $12.97. Thats a lot better price.

mrhat
11-23-2002, 12:47 AM
Got the Bounty Hunter game for PS2, sweeeeet! Also got the Tyranus Unleased, unknown if they had anymore because i wasnt the one who bought them, hopefully they do have some left for yall!

Jayspawn
11-23-2002, 04:51 PM
Super Wal-Mart on Hampden has nothing but Dexters. Depressing. Oh, they did have the 10" vinyl figures. They had lots of Jango, Anakin and Mace. No Vader though. They were $12.97.

mrhat
11-24-2002, 12:54 AM
Got one of those Ask Me Yodas at TRU its okay... I also spotted a lone Silver R2 on a shelf and got it for 1 cent for my friend, he will be happy i hope, they had some of the Latest Unleashed (Windu, Tyranus) well happy hunting!

Jayspawn
11-25-2002, 12:43 AM
Media Play in Aurora has the IMAX Episode II posters!! SO we don't have to order them from the Fan Club. They were $24.99 but I bet the price willl go down.

mrhat
11-25-2002, 12:17 PM
woo

Jayspawn
11-25-2002, 02:55 PM
Haggie, there were 4 Deluxe Clonetroopers at Target on Arapaho as of 12:30 this afternoon.

haggie
11-25-2002, 04:05 PM
Thanks, Jayspawn, but I have no idea where that is. Can you give me more info?

Jayspawn
11-25-2002, 04:22 PM
Yes. You take 25 towards Park Meadows and get off on Arapaho Rd. Take a left. Target is across the street from Super K-Mart. Next to a Wells Fargo and in front if a Gunther Toodys. You'll see the Gunther Toodys and Super K-Mart as soon as you take that left.

haggie
11-25-2002, 04:29 PM
Holy crap. That is soooo far away. I don't have the time available to me to get down there because of work and classwork. I'll guess I'll just hold out a bit longer. If they are restocking them there then they should get restocked elsewhere. I could probably check WalMart and Super Target on wednesday night after class.

mrhat
11-25-2002, 04:32 PM
They still have some Deluxe Troopers at the New Super Target by the Aurora Mall. Off of Sable!

Darth Shifty
11-25-2002, 05:05 PM
Haggie,

They still have Clonetroopers w/ speeders at Superhero Headquarters on 74th and Federal.

haggie
11-25-2002, 05:07 PM
Thanks for this tips, guys. As for Superhero headquarters... I've never been there before. Do you know how much he is selling them for? I don't want to pay scalper price. I try to avoid scalpers at all costs.

vulcantouch
11-25-2002, 11:05 PM
. . .and i didn't see Any clonebikes. at any rate it seems shifty don't have nuthin against scalpin lowlifes, seein as how he's just recommended a particularly icky local one here twice in one week :rolleyes:
at ig88th & sher tru found 2 teemtos, 1 lott dodd (kinda like his purple palette), ki-adi and tusken massiff, all of which i'm under the impression are currently htf; but since i didn't recall any of you here saying specifically you needed any of them, and they didn't have any silver r2s left anyway, i just got me the teemto for its maintdroid (a "provisional purchase", i.e. i'll hang onto it unopened until i either score it cheaper or i never find it again) :) oh & i got refund for that fullscreen e2 i picked up by mistake :p
vt

haggie
11-26-2002, 01:04 AM
VT, I just saw all those figs at Target on Colfax (near Simms) if you have need for any of them.

I went to two of the Targets near me and it was obvious that they had restocked the latest deluxe wave because they had a ton of Anakin and Geonosian Warrion but NO Clones. Anger inducing, for sure. This is what I see every time I go looking.

Jayspawn
11-26-2002, 01:18 AM
You'll find one haggie.

Jayspawn
11-26-2002, 11:02 AM
If anyone happens to see an Unleashed Padme, let me know. I procrastinated and never got her.

Darth Shifty
11-26-2002, 11:39 AM
Sorry if they didn't have any clonetroopers vulcan, they had at least three on Sunday. They charge $12.95 for most of their deluxe figs. I'd rather pay a few bucks extra then drive all over God's green earth searching for that one elusive fig. It's not my favorite store, I just suggested it because I knew they had them and Haggie's having it rough finding one. If you think it's ghetto, then don't go there.

Anywho, I'll keep an eye out Haggie.

haggie
11-26-2002, 04:00 PM
I'd pay $13 for one. That beat having to waste gas and time driving around and never finding one. I don't want to pay upwards of $20 though. If he's selling them for $13, then I would guess that he actually bought a few cases himself and wasn't actually scalping (though it's impossible to know). Some comic stores do this as well. They get the figs through Diamond so they pay more than a typical department store would, then they sell them for higher prices so they can actually make a profit. Of course, there are plenty of other stores that send out one of their monkey boys to buy the good stuff from all the stores.

mrhat
11-26-2002, 04:24 PM
Like our most popular All-Cs who pay retail, but charge at a 300% prophet (5 dollars a fig at store--20 dollars a pop there=300%) Although aparently some guy came and bought ALL of the Star Wars and any other toy for that matter in one fell swoop. I guess all C's will be around for a while...

haggie
11-26-2002, 10:14 PM
Finally found a Clone with Speeder. You will no longer hear me *****ing about it. I went to a Target out of my way after class and found 3 Clones w/Speeders and 3 Clone Pilots. First time I've ever seen either in a store. Unfortunately, I already bought all four Clone Pilots needed for my Gunship at scalper prices so I left all the pilots on the pegs. =( I will not give in to scalpers so quickly next time.

Not sure if any of you read the competition (http://www.rebelscum.com/) but they had a link posted to a cool Gunship custom (with instructions on how to build it). The custom changes the side guns so it's a ball that the pilot actually sits in like in the film. The balls end up being out of proportion this way, but only because the Gunship itslef is actually out of proportion so there is no way to make a ball for the pilot to sit in without it being out of proportion to the Gunship. It's still cool. Check it out (http://www.snowtroopers.ca/gunshipturret.htm).

Jayspawn
11-27-2002, 12:17 AM
Haggie, which Target had the Gunship Pilots?? My Gunship is STILL on autopilot. I need pilots!

haggie
11-27-2002, 12:58 AM
The Target at Sheridan and 44th has three of them. If you need them and live way far away I could pick them up for you. It'd cost about $4.35 to mail them to you or you could make your way over sometime and pick them up in person. LMK if you want me to go get them.

vulcantouch
11-27-2002, 01:32 PM
-oh i drop in there anytime i'm in the neighborhood, cuz as i sed me & jim get along good, & it's always a good idea to do recon on scalpers. i just don't give em any Money :Pirate:

ds: "I'd rather pay a few bucks extra then drive all over God's green earth searching"
hag: "That beat having to waste gas and time driving around and never finding one"
-you know what else beats it? havin bountyhunter vt on your side, cuz he gets results when you least expect em :cool: stickin together & helpin each other gets the job done cheaper & more impeccably, it's how i got my fx7, r2q5 & 300fett (thanks to lbc), among other things :cool:
meanwhile, bc3 emailed me the other day about a trade he wanted help on & i told him "given enough time i can make any trade happen". so just now he announces (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=200455#post200455) if he don't get those results on one week he's gonna turn scalper :( hmph, that's faith & patience for you; see if i ever try to do Him any more scalper-thwarting favors :dead:

"I would guess that he actually bought a few cases himself and wasn't actually scalping"
-he does both actually, which is how he's able to acquire tru, targ & walmart xclusives & then turn em around for his unearned profit (http://209.197.112.151/thread.html?dom=ss&TID=20&PID=1590) :p

"just saw all those figs at Target on Colfax (near Simms) if you have need for any of them"
-nah, just sayin here in case anyone else interested :) of course, if you come across a spider droid some kid stole the teemto from (thus rendering it unsellable; but then if i was gonna shoplift i'd leave the Teemto not the droid :p ), then feel free to slip it in yer pocket for me or ask if they'll take a buck for it, cuz "i'd buy That for a dollar!" ;)

hag: "I'd pay $13 for one"
-"that's Just the kind of irresponsible thinking that causes so many business ventures to fail"- quark, ds9's "maquis part 2" ;)

"You will no longer hear me *****ing about it"
-aw, speakin for myself i kinda Enjoyed you beeching aboot it :crazed:

"Finally found a Clone with Speeder. . . I will not give in to scalpers so quickly next time"
-a lesson there for All of us i'd say ;) good pilot sighting haggie :) tell you what spawn, i needa go near 44sher targ today anyway, so whatever pilots are left there i'll pick up for you & we can make exchange sometime over tea. speakin of which:
attn r2, haggie, hat, spawn, ces etc: how's next thursday afternoon at fourth story (restaurant above cherry creek tattered cover) sound? either confirm here or just show up ~2:30 pm & we'll have us some fun :) if you want bring tradable items (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=146080#post146080) (i also got moc reeyees, r2hololeia & r2q5, oop spacetrooper & walmart rebo bandmembers etc) & maybe we'll cut us some deals too :) i'll be at a table along the south wall w/mms on the windowsill so you won't miss me. and if that time don't work for none of or enough of you, maybe the thursday aft two weeks after that? :)
vt

haggie
11-27-2002, 03:20 PM
I think I can be there on thursday. It all comes down to the last minute demands of my clientel. Count me in.

Jayspawn, looks like you will most likely have yourself some pilots. Hopefully you can join us next thursday.

Jayspawn
11-27-2002, 04:10 PM
It's hard to say right now. Let's see that would be 12/5. It depends on work.

ces
11-27-2002, 10:44 PM
Hey all, go to http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00006ZCBA/ref=ase_yakfacesrealm01/102-4038059-8358539
to get the gunship pilot for $2.99

vulcantouch
11-27-2002, 11:06 PM
bagged u all 3, $15.13 total ($4.79 + lakeside's low sales tax; what a team we make eh haggster? :cool: ). i'll save for next time we meet up, & if you end up gettin what you need cheaper/faster before that no problem, sounds like these'd be easy to unload for what i paid :)
ok, that's one probably and one idunno for 12/5; so anyone else wanna voice a preference for either that date or 12/19? :)
btw b'jr just informed me he has opened (but complete) xtras of the contents of super-rare ep1 mm packs 11 & 12 he'd be willing to trade, in case any of you might need :)
vt

Jayspawn
11-28-2002, 01:41 AM
Thanks ces! I placed my order for 4 of them. To properly man my Gunship. It saved me some good money too!

mrhat
11-28-2002, 11:51 AM
Next Thursday-- Still in school, if i could find some source of lightspeed, i could get there, but since thats unlikely, im am sorry to decline, however anytime between Dec. 21st and January 3rd would be fab! LMK, hope yall have fun though!

Jayspawn
11-29-2002, 06:40 PM
Did anybody do some shopping today?

I did and stores didn't take too much interest in putting out new items. Super Wal-Mart on Hampden must have had newer figures out this morning, because I picked up a Clone Pilot later in the afternoon. I did get a $12.99 Hasbro lightsaber from TRU this morning.

haggie
11-29-2002, 06:53 PM
I could easily meet up at a later date if anybody can't do next week. Please weigh in suggestions. Mrhat mentioned between 12/21 and 1/3.

haggie
11-29-2002, 06:54 PM
VT, you should have no problem unloading those three Clone Pilots. Incredibly HTF.

haggie
12-01-2002, 03:04 AM
Anybody know a guy named Michael O'Reilly? I was looking through my address book in my email app and found his name. I don't know exactly how I met him (it was through email) but he hooked me up with a Action Fleet TPM Tank when I couldn't find one. I met him one day at a Good Times down south and acquired the Tank for actual cost. Curious to know if others know of him. If I remember right, his son is an AF collector. I just sent him an email but I have no idea if his address is valid anymore since the only time I ever communicated with him was back in 2000.

Jayspawn
12-01-2002, 04:02 PM
I can't say I've ever heard of him.

Anyways, Republic Gunships and Arenas on sale at Target this week for $29.99. Great prices. I'll have to pick up another Gunship this week when my Clone Pilots arrive.

mrhat
12-01-2002, 06:20 PM
Hey guys nothing new as of late, still need those clone pilots though... X-Mas Shopping went alright, got a few of the checks on my list. anyways keep me posted on a meet-up!

ces
12-01-2002, 07:02 PM
Walmart by Quincy (Old Stapelton) has the third wave of action fleet. I didn't grab any, just retreads of old versions. New paint deco though.

Jayspawn
12-01-2002, 07:09 PM
Whats in Action Fleet Wave 3? It's Classic Slave I right? And what else?

ces
12-01-2002, 07:18 PM
It is just the AT-AT and snow speeder with new paint deco.

vulcantouch
12-02-2002, 11:24 AM
geez, not even a "thanx anyway vt"? aw never mind then, i'll just trade em away (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=16224) to someone who'd appreciate em :p meanwhile, maybe we'll just hafta schedule our tea so that only conscientious Grownups can attend, eh? :evil:
speakin of which, r2's indicated to me via email that holidays are hectic on her end, which i take to mean that neither the 5th nor the 19th would be good for her, which matters to me expecially cuz she always brings a digicam & documents the bash for our fellow forummers ;) so, how's jan. 2 sound? it's tentative for me so far but likely, and i gather that'd work for you, hat? how bout the restaya?
btw hagg, mo'reilly don't ring a bell w/me neither :confused:
vt

Jayspawn
12-02-2002, 11:32 AM
I'll have to see how my work schedule works for Jan 2. We should keep the date in the air for now.

mrhat
12-02-2002, 12:14 PM
Thatll work for me! the 2nd of January that is LMK!

haggie
12-02-2002, 02:44 PM
1/2/03 looks good in my book at the moment.

Jayspawn
12-03-2002, 05:28 PM
My Clone Pilots arrived in the mail today! Now my Gunship is fully equiped. Thanks ces for the tip!

r2dee2
12-03-2002, 09:43 PM
Jan 2 may work for me too:)

BTW I found the new Action Fleet AT-AT and Luke's Snowspeeder today at the Castle Rock Walmart and I found the deluxe Clone Trooper at the Castle Rock Target ( they only had 1)

ces
12-03-2002, 10:19 PM
I got my Ephant Mon in the mail yesterday from Amazon. He is so cool. The bubble on this guy is giant.

Jayspawn
12-04-2002, 01:21 AM
I dropped by All C's yesterday and WOA! They sure cleaned everything up! They dont' have piled of overpriced peg-warming figures anymore. The cool wals of figures have been taken down and replaced with interesting sports crap. I wonder where all their stuff went?

Anyways, (off the Star Wars topic for a sec) they have the Muppets Series 2 there for $9.99. Not too bad a price. They look great. There was Gonzo, Fozzie, and Crazy Harry. Sgt Floyd Pepper wasn't there. I know SITHLORDDARTHBANE was looking for these too. Hopefully these will show up this or next week.

mrhat
12-04-2002, 12:45 PM
As i said before some guy bought ALL the SW stuff and anyother thing for that matter except the sprts crap. i suppose it was about time they re-stocked.

vulcantouch
12-04-2002, 01:09 PM
so let's say that'll be the day until further notice? :D so what do we need to remember to bring? me: r2's fritodisplay & my custom jango & commtech stormie, plus "special" ef1 & klaestron mms, & maybe some tradables? :)
r2: "special" atst mm ;)
hagg: maybe your delux clone? i'd like to see what he looks like o-o-p & all armored up, to help me decide if i should get my own :)
anyone who has em: silver r2 & startours droids, same reason as above :D
hmm, what else should we bring for show & tell & trade & give? :happy:
vt

Jayspawn
12-06-2002, 12:35 AM
TRU on Missippi this afternoon has several 12" Dengar, Imperial Officer and Zuckuss. They all look very good. Hasbro put some effort into them.

haggie
12-06-2002, 12:44 AM
On 1/2/2003, I'd like to see the MM protos if anybody got one.

Jayspawn
12-06-2002, 11:59 AM
I guess the Trash Compactor and Holiday sets are starting to show up. Our Wal-Marts have been a bit slow latley. Hope they get going soon.

Jayspawn
12-06-2002, 04:56 PM
Off the Star Wars topic...

Aurora Mall had Tortured Souls 2 this afternoon. Sam Goody at Buckingham Mall had The Muppets series 2. They didn't have any Gonzo but they did have Crazy Harry, Floyd Pepper and Fozzie, as well as the exclusive ToyFare Vacation Fozzie.

r2dee2
12-06-2002, 07:12 PM
Walmart in Castle Rock and Walmart on Quebec (Denver) had the new 12" figs.

ces
12-08-2002, 07:27 PM
Has anyone spotted the trash compactor sets yet?

Jayspawn
12-09-2002, 12:20 AM
No sign yet.

Wal-Mart on Buckley had LOTS of 12" Dengar, Imperial Officer, and Zuckuss.

haggie
12-09-2002, 12:25 AM
Nadda on the trash compactor.

The WalMart on Youngfield and 38th had 12 Clone Pilots, 12 Yodas, and 8 Dookus two days ago. Today they had none. Yikes!

mrhat
12-09-2002, 12:18 PM
Well lets see how long it takes this time to get those diobolical diagonas and those tyrannical christmas sets!

good shot jansen
12-09-2002, 06:32 PM
unfortunately being here in south florida, i can't make the 1/2/2003 git together:(

but i do believe my "special" array shall be in attendance though;)

:)

r2dee2
12-09-2002, 10:58 PM
Found the SW Holiday Editions at Walmart in Colorado Springs today (N.Academy).

Jayspawn
12-10-2002, 12:46 AM
Good find r2! It should be showing up elsewhere soon!

What do you think of it?

r2dee2
12-10-2002, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Jayspawn
Good find r2! It should be showing up elsewhere soon!

What do you think of it?

Yea, I figured it would be showing up in your area in abundance soon too.

I think it's a really cute set and so nice to have a unique SW item to display for the holidays.

The figures themselves are not greatly articulated, but they can be postioned in a nice presentation.

The R2 pictured on the Christmas card ( stowed between the back insert and has "Warm wishes from a galaxy far, far away" written inside) has the third leg, but the action figure doesn't. R2's legs are a little "rubbery" but he can be positioned to "butt" heads into "attack position" if you like :D and the head does swivel.

The C-3P0 pictured on the card is holding the Santa beard in both hands, which you can't do with the figure. C-3P0's legs will bend a little at the hips and the arms, only at the shoulder. The head does swivel too.

It's nice to have a custon stand for the figures too (the stand has Holiday Edition inscribed in gold and the base of the stand is a representation of the rug and floor in front of the fireplace).

All in all, I love having something different and something with a little humor to it:D

vulcantouch
12-10-2002, 11:39 PM
hagg: "I'd like to see the MM protos if anybody got one"
-d'oh! so much for our "special" euphemism :p hey i thought of something you could bring haggie: did you say you had a collector fleet ssd? i still ain't seen what those look like outta box :D
as you may've inferred from mm proto thred, i should have b'jr's ef1 available for viewing. my klaestron's still up in the air though cuz i'm getting it in thanks for hookin seller up with baal, who expressed interest in buying at least one of every available ship. this message from our contact explains:
"didn't forget about the Klaestron ship. I just have to wait until Baal orders more ships before I can get it from the seller. Baal ordered only one ship this round to see what they are like (and to see if I'm for real) before he orders more. Worry not, I sent him a good one, and he would be CRAZY not to order more. If he does, it will only take about a week since I will not have to deal with collecting payments from a dozen different people this time around"
so "wit' a li'ol bit o' luck" it'll be here in time for our 1/2/3 rendez. if it is, i'll bring it along :D
r2; if they don't become easy to find by then, maybe bring along xmas droids so i can see them too? :D
meanwhile, ~a dozen preview clones at ig88th & sheridan tru as of this morning in case any "grand army" builders out there're interested :)
vt

haggie
12-10-2002, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by vulcantouch
hey i thought of something you could bring haggie: did you say you had a collector fleet ssd? i still ain't seen what those look like outta box :D

I gots me one. It'll be there... though you may need to remind me. I'm often forget to bring requested items to gatherings. :)

Jayspawn
12-11-2002, 02:39 PM
I found the Holiday Set at Super Wal-Mart on Hampden. They had like 7-8 left. They were $13.87. Good price!

Also, KB Toys at Buckingham had a bunch of the 4-packs for $9.99. They were assorted figures of Female Tusken, Padme, Geo Mace, Shak Ti, Battle Droid, Han Endor Raid, and C-3PO.

Jayspawn
12-12-2002, 02:11 PM
A couple of early finds today...

I found the new Destroyer Droid at Greatland Target. There was only 1, there was also a few Clone Pilots as well. The KB in the mall had Ephant Mon! They only got in 4 and they actually saved one for me. They said that they see me often enough- so that was very cool!

The Deatroyer Droid is alright. I catually like the Episode I versions more. Ephant Mon is great. I havn't opened him up yet. I'm actually going to wrap him up and give him to myself as a Christmas present. But he's HUGE! it'll be hard to miss this guy on store shelves.

mrhat
12-12-2002, 03:59 PM
I finally got that Scorpio i have been hunting at Aurora Mall! woooooooooooooooooooo! sorry about that, just so excited about finally having he best (in my opinion) villan in simpsons one show only category! whew, well all i need now is all that new star wars stuff grr...

mrhat
12-12-2002, 06:13 PM
More good news for those who seek Star Wars, Target on Sable by the Aurora Mall had at least 6 clone pilots, I managed to pick up a Destroyer Droid and a Yoda Jedi Council, they had one destroyer left, in the front by the registers!! I believe my Yoda is an import from the good ol UK, some of the stuff on the bottom was reffering to importation from the UK and had that wierd lion symbol of safety. Happy Hunting!

The skinny on the new figs:

Destroyer Droid: its cool, but the legs arient nearly acrulated as th E1 counterparts, also the blast thing is kinda cheesy and makes the guns look crappy and a bit on the bulky side.

Yoda: yes, it is the same as E1 except the new paint deco and magnet in the hand, still different enough to distinguish the two, hey at least its not a Tusken with Massiff...

vulcantouch
12-13-2002, 12:09 PM
& i'll try to remember vint zoid pcs i may have :) also gotta remember rocket r2 i equipped w/r2r9's redeye lightpipe for our show&tell :) btw if you guys want me to bring any above-mentioned trade items better say so cuz i'll just travel light otherwise :)
spawn, hat et al: somebody plz bring that e2 eka to tea, i agree it looks dopey (from pix) but i still wouldn't mind seeing in person & i figure it's gonna be htf in stores :\
me, b'jr, my old klingon pal & maybe 1 or 2 other guys plan on catchin saturday's 12:30 Nemesis showing at cont theater, in case any of yall might be there :)
vt

ces
12-14-2002, 11:34 AM
Mr Hat, My yoda also has the UK stuff on it. On the bottom it talks about New Zealand and Austraila and has the symbols on it the my battle droid two pacls have on them. I still cannot find the trash compactor set yet. After that I think that I am done with 2002.
On a separate note, less than a week until the two towers. I think that I am going to go Saturday. If any of you have the free ticket from the Extended DVD, remember that you have to go within the first week and a half or it is no longer valid.

Jayspawn
12-14-2002, 01:49 PM
Its just a few days till The Two Towers comes out. I'm looking over my free movie ticket that I got with the DVD and it's only good at MANN, United Artists or Colorado Cinemas. I guess that means I'm seeing it at the Continental.

Jayspawn
12-14-2002, 01:51 PM
By the way, I saw "Star Trek Nemises" last night. It's really good! I think its one of the best.

mrhat
12-15-2002, 11:51 AM
Hey guys TRU has TONS of the 2nd Unleashed wave (Anikin, Vader, Padme') still 14.99 but what are you gonna do, also had a few Maces and Tyranuses. Kay-Bee in Aurora Mall had too many of those "value 4-packs" i saw a new one though one with Qui-Gon, Orn Fre Taa, Djas Phur, and Zam Wessel. thats it on hat kind of thing. Target on Sable had a new yoda, and lots of clone pilots, also the Ki Adi Wave. and Two Towers up the Yin yang. Speaking of Two Toers toys, TRU had a TOWER of the brand spanking new Treebeard Figure, it can be yours for 29.99, it has the ever famous "try me" feature where you can make his eyes light up and hear him speak. Well happy hunting to you all!

Jayspawn
12-15-2002, 02:10 PM
I saw the new LORT Treebeard figure yesterday. It's pretty damn cool. I'm going to get one for myself as soon as I can. It features the baratone voice of John Rhys-Davies!!!

mrhat
12-19-2002, 08:20 PM
Hey Guys got back a while ago from the Two Towers, what a kick @$$ movie! Oh Just FYI, the Free Ticket from the extended edition works at The Century, at least for me! Well happy hunting!

Jayspawn
12-20-2002, 12:17 AM
I saw The Two Towers yesterday. And it was a pretty cool movie. Not too much Christopher Lee though. Ian McKellen was good too. I never read the books, so I wasn't too sure what to expect. Gandalf made a great return though. Gimli had all the best lines again!

mrhat
12-20-2002, 12:22 AM
Well I think the end of the movie pretty much guarenteed that Sarumon was hanging on a limb, and its likely he won't be around long in ROTK. Gimli Had some cool lines, but i found myself liking Smegal, he was a strange one. Gandalphs return was much needed and it moves the story along well.

Jayspawn
12-20-2002, 12:29 AM
I loved the part where Saruman is looking over the balcony watching the Ents kicking a--.

Jayspawn
12-21-2002, 04:10 PM
So close to Christmas and nothing too new. I found some new Destroyer Droids at TRU on Mississippi. But nothing else. :(

mrhat
12-22-2002, 11:47 AM
Saw those Destroyers too! I actually found 3 of the new LEGO sets at Wal*Mart off of Exposition, They had Jabba's Message, Jabba's Prize, and the Geonosian Fighter, I got one of each, no sign of Jabba's Palace (I really want that one), MT-TE, the T-16 Skyhopper, or the TIE Bomber, at least some of them are surfacing!

Jayspawn
12-23-2002, 01:16 AM
I went to Wal-Mart on Exposition this evening and fouind most of the new LEGO sets. But thats it. On a side note, the store looked like a war was fought inside. They have NOTHING new (as usual).

Jayspawn
12-24-2002, 11:52 AM
I want to wish a Merry Christmas! to my fellow Colorado Star Wars Collectors.

And my best to mrhat, ces, vulcantouch, r2, SITHLORDDARTHBANE, haggie and the other collectors and visitors to our forum!

mrhat
12-24-2002, 09:23 PM
Veliz Navidad Everyone here! hope you all have a great holiday season! Jay- Did the Wal-Mart have the Jabas Palace Set? Well talk to you all later!

Jayspawn
12-24-2002, 11:43 PM
mrhat, yes they did. 2 of them.

mrhat
12-25-2002, 02:21 PM
Cool thanks! may have to go and get one tomorrow!

vulcantouch
12-26-2002, 11:32 AM
so, yall keepin thursday jan 2 14:30 clear? oh goodie :) lessee, what we gotta remember to bring:
me: 2 mm protos (klaestron still ain't here), frito display, sw xmas lp, any vint zoids i have and custom jango, commtech stormie & rocketd2 :)
haggster: executor, delux clone :)
r2: proto atst &, uh, anything else you wanna ;)
anyone else: anything, esp. any xtras of items i seek in trade :D whoever has em plz also bring startours droids, tru silver r2, new droideka & xmas r2/3po so i can see :D
anyone else got any bring-with requests? :)

js: spekin of Nemesis i reviewd it over on the Hump in case interested :) (did i say 12:30? thanx to tardy palz i actually ended up catchin the 3:45 showing :rolleyes: )
vt

r2dee2
12-26-2002, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Jayspawn
I want to wish a Merry Christmas! to my fellow Colorado Star Wars Collectors.

And my best to mrhat, ces, vulcantouch, r2, SITHLORDDARTHBANE, haggie and the other collectors and visitors to our forum!

THANKS Jayspawn!! HAPPIEST HOLIDAYS (http://www.twinsuntimes.com/toyforce/IMAGES/toyforcexmas2002pic_6.jpg) to my Colorado clan as well!!!

VT.....still keeping 2 Jan open, just hope the weather is obliging :D

mrhat
12-26-2002, 07:26 PM
Lovely Picture r2, nice to see we all are having a good holiday! may have some trouble getting there, I was in an accident on Sunday, and my car was totalled, but i hopefully will get my new one by then. I really hope i can see you all on the 2nd!

vulcantouch
12-30-2002, 12:11 PM
don't worry r2, even if i didn't have "weather-guarantee contacts" (i.e. Instincts for When to do What), 2002's sure to maintain its dubious honor of Dryest Year Ever right into new year's and then some ;) and to think they all called me nutty when years ago i got into the habit of bottling the tap i run to warm up the shower & then drinkin from it over the next coupla days (denver water tastes better after it's sat around a bit). of course, now they call me Droughtmaster 1 :cool:
t-minus 3 days yall :D
vt

haggie
01-01-2003, 05:49 PM
Looks like I will be a no-show once again. My wife and I are moving and our only chance to borrow her dad's truck is tomorrow. Looks like I'll have to plan on meeting everyone next time around. I'll make sure no to bury my CF SSD and Deluxe Clone too deep in the new closets so I can bring 'em next time.

mrhat
01-01-2003, 09:51 PM
Same here, sorry all! Car doesnt run, new car not insured, so definetly next time around! BTY the Super Target off of Sable by the Aurora Mall had all the new LEGO's. Finally got that Jabbas Palace woo!!

Jayspawn
01-02-2003, 01:49 AM
Stores seem to be a little slow as of late. Hope it doesn't last too much longer. Well there's still lots of LOTR, MOTU and Marvel figures to get.

r2dee2
01-02-2003, 09:14 AM
V erily T ruly we did get about 4 inches of snow :D but today should warm up nicely enough to make the trek north. LMK if there are any changes in plans on your part for Space Dock.

mrhat , sorry about your car, but glad you weren't hurt in the accident!!! Thanks for the lovely pic mention. I try to be upfront that I am no "youngling" so as not to shock newlings at our meetings :D :D

haggie good luck in your move. Hope you have lots of space to have a Star Wars room :D !!

Another time.

Happy New Year to all!

VT see you later this afternoon (unless emergency with sis arises), bearing AT-ST proto, opened silver R2, SSD and camera. My cell phone will be on.

vulcantouch
01-02-2003, 10:17 AM
barring any surprise guests, look's like it'll just be you & me r2 :)

vulcantouch
01-02-2003, 10:51 AM
. . .plz also bring open delux clone, startours droids, new eka, xmas r2/3po etc ;)
only a dusting of snow up here (all gone now), which fell, appropriately enough, during 10pm dntn firework show and midnite viewing of ridley scott's Someone To Watch Over Me (i Lov watchin that every new years eve just so long as it's cloudy :cool: )