PDA

View Full Version : Suprises are everywhere, in COLORADO!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14

Jayspawn
01-10-2006, 07:24 PM
9 News last nights reports that 3 Colorado Toys'R'Us locations will be CLOSING!!!!

I stopped by Toys'R'Us on Mississippi and found that location will NOT be closing. The Layfayette, Grand Junction and Park Meadows stores WILL be. That sucks though.

While I was at TRU I found the Titanium Republic Star Destroyer and Tie Fighter. They were $4.99.

Darth Jax
01-11-2006, 08:45 PM
that's odd about the Park Meadows TRU. i was at the one at SW plaza which is closing. they have nothing star wars left in the store besides a dozen lando VOTC or two dozen vader voice changers. but the signs there say to visit the park meadows location from now on, since it's NOT closing. somewhere along the way, someone's got their info wrong. from all the TRU that i've been to in the denver area PM seems to move the most product.

Kidhuman
01-11-2006, 10:14 PM
How much the VOTC Landos going for?

Jayspawn
01-12-2006, 11:58 AM
They're STILL going for $9.99. Toys'R'Us sucks when it comes to marking things down. They almost never put things on clearance.

Kidhuman
01-12-2006, 04:45 PM
That bites, if they were clearanced I woul dhave asked someone to pick me up 2 of them. If they do happen to hit 5 bucks LMK please.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-12-2006, 04:55 PM
9 News last nights reports that 3 Colorado Toys'R'Us locations will be CLOSING!!!!

I stopped by Toys'R'Us on Mississippi and found that location will NOT be closing. The Layfayette, Grand Junction and Park Meadows stores WILL be. That sucks though.

While I was at TRU I found the Titanium Republic Star Destroyer and Tie Fighter. They were $4.99.
What do you mean "Layfayette?" I live in Lafayette (only one "y") and the nearest one is in Westminster. So if the information is getting crossed, I'll just wait and see if mine is getting closed.

Jayspawn
01-13-2006, 11:23 AM
Thats what the girl at Customer Service told me. I dont get over to Lafayette (you can tell as I mispelled it). I assumed it was such.

Anyways, I picked up several plush M-Pire characters at Target in the clearace section for $1.97 each.

Jayspawn
01-15-2006, 09:16 PM
I found Bren Derlin this morning at Greatland Target along with the fully stocked Carkoon wave. No more Hoth figures. I was really hopping to find a General Veers.

Jayspawn
01-17-2006, 06:33 PM
I picked up General Veers at Super Target this afternoon. He's an awesome figure! He came with a Count Dooku Holograph. I still dont like paying more for the figures in general -though the episode bases they come with are cool. They also has Rieken and Derlin and some Carkoon wave figures. I was hoping for an AT-AT Driver or Gonk Droid but no luck yet.

Jayspawn
01-18-2006, 11:20 PM
ces, were you able to order the Gentle Giant Exclusive Salacious Crumb Bust today??? I got my order in thankfully.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-19-2006, 05:23 PM
Today at Broomfield Target I scored Veers, Derlin, snowtrooper, and power droid! They had several of each (but only one power droid, I think) as well as plenty of the Carkoon wave. I still want the AT-AT Driver and R2-D2, but they didn't have those. They did have a Vader but I passed.

Jayspawn
01-19-2006, 06:39 PM
I found an lone AT-AT Driver at Wal-Mart on Abeline today. Another awesome figure in this wave.

My Obi-Wan Elite Edition Lightsaber Replica should be shipping out this week!

Jayspawn
01-21-2006, 10:11 AM
I just got a Vintage Black Bespin Guard figure and a robe for Pruneface in the mail. Someday I'll have a complete Vintage set. But not yet.

Jayspawn
01-23-2006, 12:47 PM
yeah! A few SW things in the mail!

- I won a slew of Vintage weapons on the mail along with the hard to find Imperial Gunner. I was able to complete Trenchcoat Han, Jedi Luke, Hoth Rebel Soldier, and Logray. *sigh* and that is NOT easy.

- FedEx dropped off my Exclusive Salacious Crumb 2006 Exclusive Minibust! Its an awesome little piece.

I have some more stuff coming in the mail this week -so I'm excited!

Jayspawn
01-23-2006, 04:39 PM
Another arrival in the mail...

I recieve a couple of 8x10 photos from OfficialPix! One of them is a Studio photo of Plo Koon SIGNED by Matthew Sloan. The other was a Studio photo of Count Dooku SIGNED by Christopher Lee. Incredible pieces.

Darth Jax
01-25-2006, 11:01 PM
i can finally say i've gotten a saga figure. i'd not seen a single figure hanging on the pegs at wally world or target since before christmas. picked up the only barada that was at wal-mart today. with the appearance of the hoth wave most places, not sure if i'll ever see the rest of the carkoon wave.

we complain about the prices of sw figs, but i was looking at the new xmen figures. they're nice sculpts, but don't like the action features and definitely don't like the $13 price tag.

Jayspawn
01-27-2006, 12:00 PM
The new X-Men are $13? The new Storm is very nice but the Cyclops, Gambit, Archangle, and Wolverines are WAY tooo gimmicky.

Anyway I have a few more Vintage figures coming to me in the mail. I'm getting closer to the end!

Sideshow charged me for the Premium Format Darth vader Statue, almost knocked me off my feet when I saw the charge. They're long sold out so it'll be worth it.

ces
01-29-2006, 05:22 PM
Sorry for the long delay in getting these pics up. My computer died, so I was without one for the beginning of the year. Here is a pic of the Sideshow Han. Sorry for the crummy quality. The size restrictions are very tight

ces
01-29-2006, 05:25 PM
Here are two of my newer Gentle Giant items

Jayspawn
01-31-2006, 10:16 AM
Nice pictures ces! I'm glad you got a Crumb Bust also!

For those who are going: George Takei has been announced as the 1st Guest going to StarFest this year. Hopefully they'll get a good lineup this year. Star Land kind of blew it last year with 2 of their 3 main guests cancelling on them. Hopefully they'll get somebody from Star Wars this year.

My Sideshow Vader Statue should be arriving tomorrow!

Jayspawn
02-02-2006, 12:23 AM
Today was the day!

FedEx dropped off my Premium Format Darth Vader Statue this afternoon. I bought mine from Sideshow Direct and was lucky enough to get the Exclusive w/ Mouse Droid. Since I'm moving I wasnt abel to take hi out of the box but I did open him up and.....WOW! He's the best Darth Vader Collectible EVER made. The quality and craftsmanship is unbelievable!

I also got in the mail 2 more Vintage figures! This time I recieved General Lando and the A-Wing Pilot! Not only are the POTF figures harder to get, but these arrived in complete and practically perfect condition!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-04-2006, 06:28 PM
Today Superior Target had several Rieekans, Veerses, Derlins, and Power Droids. Still no sign of the AT-AT Driver or R2-D2.

Jayspawn
02-05-2006, 09:33 AM
I found an R2-D2 last night. I still have yet to see a Vader (even though its just a repacked 500th Vader).

Darth Jax
02-05-2006, 11:09 AM
wow, just last week i was lamenting that i hadn't found any saga figures. after last nite, the only ones i haven't seen are boba and chewie. and i'd probably pass on both. found darth (with a vader hologram - how appropriate), r2 and the hoth wave at target yesterday.

Jayspawn
02-08-2006, 12:19 AM
The new Boba is awesome! Defiantly worth getting. I'll probably get an extra if I spot another one.

I've been wanting an R2-D2 Cookie Jar for a LONG time and tonight I finally got one on order. So I'm excited!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-12-2006, 07:38 PM
I got the AT-AT Driver today at Super Target. They had one more of him, one power droid, and a few Derlins, Veerses, and Rieekans (big surprise). Still lookin' for R2.

Jayspawn
02-16-2006, 12:57 PM
I've seen R2 twice. I finally saw Vader the other day. I'd say him and R2 are the hardest to find.

I got my Qui-Gon Jinn LE lightsaber replica on order w/ Master Replicas the other day.

You know, I think I have ALL of 2006 on preorder! Anybody else feel like that?

ces
02-16-2006, 06:13 PM
Hey I found the stragglers of the Geonosis wave today at Target. All the good ones from the wave were gone like Sora Bulq, Schorch and new Trooper. Just the repacks left.
I'm still waiting on my Sideshow Vader to come. Some how it was miss directed. It has traveled more than I have. Should be here next week. Hope it's not damaged.
Jay I feel like I have a ton of stuff pre-ordered. Soon I should be getting 1 to 2 items a month though.

Jayspawn
02-16-2006, 07:53 PM
I found them at Target today also ces! I must have just missed you.

Sideshow's 12" Jedi Luke and Gentle Giant's Skiff Lando Bust should be shipping soon.

ces
02-16-2006, 07:59 PM
Hey Jay, were you the one who scored the Scorch?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-18-2006, 02:54 PM
I got R2-D2 a few days ago, so now I'm good to go on the first two waves.

Jayspawn
02-23-2006, 07:06 PM
Well I was finally able to get a few sets of Clone Trooper Minibusts preorered. And boy is there a frenzy over these! Thankfully I got my order in and I'll be getting 2 of each...

EXCEPT for that damn SDCC Exclusive Shocktrooper Minibust. Not sure how I'm gonna pull that one off.

I'm seeing reminants of the Geonosian wave in stores but I'm only looking for the Utapau CloneTrooper (so is everyone else).

Starland added another guest for StarFest. Just some girl from Battlestar Galactica. *yawn*

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-03-2006, 01:05 PM
I got Sun Fac at the Lafayette WM a few days ago. They also had one Poggle and one C-3PO.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-05-2006, 01:39 PM
Yesterday, Superior Target had one Yoda and two Poggles.

ces
03-08-2006, 08:47 PM
I recieved my Gentle Giant Lando Mini Bust today. Looks great next to Leia and Han. I got a notice that my Sideshow Obi Wan 1/4 scale will be shipping in 20 days.
No sign anywhere of new saga figs. Still have never seen the Utapu Clone Trooper, Scortch, or Sora.

Jayspawn
03-09-2006, 02:11 PM
I've seen Sora a few times, but I'm waiting until I can get an Orange Clone at the same time. I need more of an incentive to buy after the price increase.

Are you going to get the Darth Maul Statue ces or Darth Jax? I'm still debating.

Jayspawn
03-09-2006, 04:26 PM
Well I gathered my never and went into All C's today to see if they could special order Gentle Giant's Star Wars items and was given a big ol NO! I asked if they carried them and was given a how dare you ask again no. I asked about the Gentle Giant stuff they obviously had on the back shelf and was told they were on hold for somebody else.

If there didnt offer them at all then how would they even have them there for somebody else?

StarLand added a few more people to the guest list for StarFestbut they're just recycled guests from last year. Nothing good yet.

mrhat
03-15-2006, 12:15 AM
Starfest added a rather "surprise" guest, Julia Stiles will apparently be at Starfest this year. I didnt even know she was in the Omen remake... Went to the good ol target by the a mall today, they had a sun fac, 2 yodas, and some remnants of the carkoon wave (leia, han and chewey) I managed to get a Marvel Legends X-23 fig from there though. In all the picutes I saw, she looked A LOT different, mainly her outfit was black (mine is PURPLE) and she had more of a cuacasion feel to her, she looks almost native american. And the figure doesnt have any accessories, is rather small, and I have the head of apocolypse which i will never use.

Jayspawn
03-17-2006, 03:49 PM
The Purple version of X23 is the standard version. The Black X23 is one of the Chase figures. I got that one a few months ago. The Apocalypse is awesome too if you buy the whole set and build the figure.

I was suprised when StarLand added Julia Styles. Its a shame that StarLand hates Star Wars so much.

mrhat
03-18-2006, 05:43 PM
Well, today, I was SUPPOSED to be getting a tattoo, but alas, tatoo parlors are rather busy on saturday afternoons... SO now I wont be going in til friday... Anywho, Apparently the Borders Exclusive Luke ROTJ FX saber ain't so exclusive, Spencers at the a-mall had 4 of them plus a display model. I picked one of these bad boys up, good thing i have friends in high places (with employee discounts) working today. So if you havent already, do get them before they are gone ($99.99 price tag)

ces
03-18-2006, 05:50 PM
So Mr Hat, what were you going to get a tattoo of? I finally grabbed a Sora Bulq, Orange Trooper, and Scortch today. They are great figures. I would really like to get another Scrotch to customize and a few more orange. No sign of the new wave yet.
Jay, I got the Darth Maul Statue about two weeks ago. I'll try and post pics if I get a free minute. He is great. I would highly rec.

Jayspawn
03-20-2006, 12:28 AM
Great finds ces. I finally found an Utapau Clone also. My Darth Maul Statue is on the way. I found a guy selling them for $130 shipped. I couldnt pass on that.

I thought about getting some kind of a Star Wars themed tatoo at some point. But I'm always deciding on that....

mrhat
03-21-2006, 03:11 PM
It was originally going to be this neat gargoyle type thing i have hanging on the wall, but the tattoo artist said, it was too complicaed or some thing of the like, it would take too long to draw... SO, my 2nd choice was boba fett, And after i saw that pic of the animated style boba maquette, i knew that was the one... So Im getting full body fett, i think i used the angle entertainment earth has on their pre order page for him. Its a good deal too, $150 color and all, so i will post pics when i get in on friday.

timmae
03-21-2006, 04:08 PM
can't wait to see that!

mrhat
03-21-2006, 09:42 PM
Well im hoping that it will turn out most excellent. My first choice in SW tattoos was Yoda, clone wars style, but then i saw that quite a few people had that one done, so i thought, hmmm, what about boba fett, i know a lot of people have him in the more realistic style, but then i saw that maquette and thought, well i wonder if anyone had thought of ghetting THAT one yet... so i went with that one. I am a tad worried on the coloring though, i have pretty fair skin, so we will see if the lighter accents on his outfit will even show up.

Jayspawn
03-22-2006, 12:51 AM
I thought about getting Vader or Boba Fett tatooed somewhere. The problem with Vader is, he could look like a black blob over time and I'm not wild about that permanent mark on my skin.

mrhat
03-22-2006, 03:53 AM
I suppose it would depend on how good the artisit is at making vader look like vader and not a big black blob to begin with. I thought about vader, but boba seemd better since he is much mroe colorful, and bad @$$.

Kidhuman
03-22-2006, 10:23 AM
If you put the tat on skin that doesnt sag with age, like a shoulder or back, you will be fine.

mrhat
03-22-2006, 01:11 PM
its going on my calf, so as long as that stays in tact for a while, we should be fine

Jayspawn
03-24-2006, 11:39 AM
This week I recieved my Darth Maul Statue and Skiff Lando Minibust. Both are excellent collectibles! The detail is incredible as always.

Looks like the Luke on Tauntaun Statue will start shipping this next week also.

Well, Starland has quite a guest lineup this year for StarFest. Its a shame they dropped the ball on Star Wars again (though I'm not supprised).

mrhat
03-25-2006, 01:24 AM
Well I got it today!!! A VERY WELL DONE piece if I do say so! Ok photo uploader is being rather silly right now, but i have the pic on my MYSPACE page:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=56696226&imageID=596319771&Mytoken=1572B94B-1304-8253-5EEE7DB528C8596B37141833

PLEASE NOTE: NOT AS BLUE AS IT SEEMS, ALSO IT IS REALLY HARD TO TAKE A PICTURE OF YOUR OWN LEG!

ces
03-25-2006, 09:58 AM
That is really nice MrHat. Where did you get it done?
Missed out at 4 Target's on the newest wave. Only found a Holo Ki Adi and repeat Obi and Ani

mrhat
03-25-2006, 01:31 PM
I got it at Peter Tat-2 on Colfax, and it surprised me that the entire thing took about an hour and 45 minutes to complete, which was rather amazing.

Kidhuman
03-25-2006, 09:34 PM
Very nice Mr. Hat, did Garrison approve too?

mrhat
03-26-2006, 12:56 AM
yeah, but then he called me a (insert YOUR word for street walker)... j/k

Jayspawn
03-26-2006, 09:52 PM
Nice work there mrhat! Did you get to keep the stick you had to bite down on?

mrhat
03-27-2006, 01:41 AM
It was really weird, y'know how they say it only hurts for the first little while, and then it becomes just kind of dulling. WELL, from the first line to the last touch up it felt the same. It was liike a knife slowly cutting, then he would rub it with the clean up ointment and it felt good, then he went back at it, but I was also watching the Shawshank Redemption on the TV in the booth next door. So it hurt, but nothing that i couldnt handle i supose. I had a really cool rush for 2 or 3 hours afterwards. I think i am alergic to the dark green, so its a bit annoying cleaning it, since it is a bit more raised than the other colors and i have to RUB it... But I will get another one, no question. Also playing the Godfather helps keep my mind off of it, the time kind of flys by when I am workin for the don...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-30-2006, 06:34 PM
Today at Boulder Target I got their only Grievous and Lushros Dofine. They had several of Obi-Wan, Yoda, Jango, Boba, and Vader, all of whom have been fairly hard to find up to this point.

El Chuxter
03-31-2006, 12:42 AM
SURPRISE!!!!

Okay, I'm not really in Colorado. But I surprised y'all anyway.

mrhat
05-19-2006, 12:37 AM
Hey the forums are back! Let's see if i can remember EVERYTHING that has happened over the last (almost) 2 months... Got the VOTC Han. Greedo, and Tusken at Target by A-Mall, and found the Luke and Biker scout at TRU in that area as well (that was a week or less ago) Went to target today they had the episode 3 wave (ki adi holo, etc...) and it looked as if they had just put them out, they had several demise of grievous (looks to be another lava obi and ani) and they seemed to have a few full sets of VOTC UGH, and one solitary titanium sandtrooper regular version Pickued up Skirmish In The Senate (bout time i got a shock trooper) I feel very bad about having to ravish the VOTC for the stickers, but i tried my best to keep the plastic shell in tact, it worked all except for luke the front cardboard thing got all screwed up and bent. anyways, i picked up Lego Star Wars for PS2 (it just became a greatest hit!) almost done with God of War (also just made a greatest hit) what else, oh yeah went to Starfest on sunday with my friend erica it was a lot of fun despite total lack of star wars guests (again...) We watched some movies, saw a whole lot of stormtroopers there this year, and a borg kept following us. She was a first timer, and she wants to do the whole weekend next year (we'll make a party of it!) My tattoo is fully healed now and still looks fantastic. Got out of school 2 weeks ago with an "A" in english comp 2 and a "B" in ceramics 2. Still have my same mundane gas jockey job (39th and peroria conoco, just off of I-70) we just got a dog, named him lars (yes like owen and beru lars) Havent spotted the new unleashed yet, but you never know when those will show up. I THINK thats it for right now!

Jayspawn
05-19-2006, 12:06 PM
Its great to be back also mrhat!

In the times we've been down, I got ALL the VOTC figures and sent away for my Exclusive George Trooper. I also recieved the Qui-Gon Jinn LE Lightsaber replica and Emperor Palpatine Minibust.

mrhat
05-19-2006, 01:07 PM
"Nice Job" Hasbro on the VOTC packaging... We need the stickers that are sealed up in a 10 dollars a pop figure set? I understand that you dont want then to be stolen or what not, but it really hasn't stopped anyone now has it? I had to cut along the sides of the clamshell and inch my fingers through the side to get the little packet with the sticker in it, and there is no way in hell that i'm getting a second set... keep that in mind NEXT time you decide to pull a stunt like that!

ces
05-21-2006, 12:22 AM
Hey All, it is nice to see the boards up and working again. I got my 1:1 Darth Maul Bust from Sideshow. It is incredible. Now I would love to track down a 1:1 saber to go with it. Not much on the store front though.

Jayspawn
05-22-2006, 03:43 PM
Glad you're back ces! Congratulations on the SS Darth Maul Bust. Sideshow is getting my money in everything else so I skipped the 1:1 Mau Bust. It does look incredible! I hope they do C-3PO.

ces
05-22-2006, 04:07 PM
I love the Sideshow products. The only negative is that it has been non-stop now with the release of their products. Since January I have recieved 1/4 Darth Vader, 1/4 Obi-Wan, 12" Luke, and 1:1 Darth Maul. And now the 12" Anakin is in and the 1/4 Grevious. I have been having to pick up a lot of extra shifts to pay for all of them. I thought things would slow down this year, but there are so many incredible high end collectibles coming out. I love all of the new Gentle Giant bust and Statues. I would love to start collecting the Master's of Replica more, but there is just too much stuff. Not really into the Code 3 stuff.

Darth Jax
05-23-2006, 01:51 PM
picked up the newest unleashed at wallyworld and wonder of wonders they solved the packaging problem so no more bent edges on the cards.

timmae
05-23-2006, 11:34 PM
it is awesome to see flat cards on the unleashed!

ces
05-24-2006, 12:32 PM
Hey all, I found the new unleashed wave at Wal-mart today. They had an island set up with them on one side. They had about 12 of each

Jayspawn
05-25-2006, 07:04 PM
I'm on the lookout for the Shocktrooper still. Havnt been finding anything at Wal-Mart to note.

Darth Jax
05-25-2006, 09:30 PM
like ces said, i found them on an island, not with the regular toy aisle.

Jayspawn
05-26-2006, 12:13 AM
I went to Wal-Mart on Abeline and found nothing. I checked for another place to put Unleashed figures but the dont have islands to put things. I may check out Super Wal-Mart on Hampden tonight.

BUT! I did pick up the Clone Wars Gunship at TRU on Mississippi tonight. They had 3 left after me. They did NOT have any of the Clonetrooper Battle Packs.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-28-2006, 05:20 PM
I picked up Hem Dazon at the Boulder Target today. They also had the Han and Vader from that wave, but I decided not to get them as they're not that different from their earlier releases. I didn't check, but from what I hear, some of the older figures shipping with this wave now have red holograms.

Jayspawn
05-28-2006, 05:25 PM
Thanks for the update! I've been looking forward to this figure for a long time. It looks like a good wave too!

I've been hitting up a lot of Wal-Marts when I can, no sign of the Unleashed figures. :sad:

Darth Jax
05-28-2006, 10:38 PM
i found Hem and remnants of the tatooine wave at target today. each was packaged with the red hologram figures.

Jay if you happen across another Clone Wars paintjob gunship would you pick it up for me. i don't happen over to that side of town too often.

Jayspawn
05-28-2006, 11:12 PM
I'll probably stop by TRU tomorow. If I find one I'll pick up an extra for you.

As all (most) of have heard the Celebration 4 announcement for Los Angeles. I will be attending and hope you all are able to as well. Its gonna be quite an event!

Darth Jax
05-31-2006, 09:51 PM
found a few more of the tatooine wave, but no R5 yet. saw the newest titanium figures, but just can't bring myself to get anything that comes that mangled from shipping. at least with the unleashed it was a minor bend on the card edge, but these things look like they been bashed with a bat. i've not seen one yet that didn't have that big dent in the center of the bubble.

Jayspawn
06-01-2006, 02:08 PM
Boy, I'm just strinking out everywhere. I'm hitting up Targets and Wal-Marts like crazy and no Tatooine wave or Unleashed.

TRU on Mississippi still had plenty of Gunships left.

I got my hotel reservations made for Celebration 4! I'm a block and a half from the Convention Center.

Darth Jax
06-06-2006, 10:47 AM
found R5 and Momaw today, so i'm done with the tatooine wave (since i'm getting yet another han). only fig i'm still looking for is the elusive scorch.

Jayspawn
06-06-2006, 12:08 PM
I'm still not finding anything now. No Tatooine wave at all.

BUT I did recieve 2 photos in the mail SIGNED by James Earl Jones. Both are studio shots of Darth Vader. One from Revenge of the Sith and another from The Empire Strikes Back. That beats figures any day!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
06-07-2006, 06:21 PM
Both the Lafayette WM (on S. Boulder Rd) and the Broomfield Target had several of everyone in the Tatooine wave today (though I'm not sure about Garindan at Target, though I've seen him a few times before). Now I'm only missing Scorch . . .

I'm also going to CIV. It's gonna be great!

Jayspawn
06-08-2006, 08:23 PM
Woohoo! Finally! Found a bunch of stuff today thanks to a big toy run. Found the Unleashed Shocktrooper, Stormtrooper Han at a Wal-Mart in Parker. I also found a ROTS Exploding Grevious for .50cents.

Found Hem Dazon and the Sandtrooper at a Target also. No sign or R5 or Momaw Nadon.

Jayspawn
06-09-2006, 11:47 AM
Ssoooo...anyways I'm killing some time waiting for Gentle Giant's Exclusive Blackhole Stormtrooper Minibust to go up for sale. Yep.

ces
06-09-2006, 12:47 PM
Ssoooo...anyways I'm killing some time waiting for Gentle Giant's Exclusive Blackhole Stormtrooper Minibust to go up for sale. Yep.

I'm doing the same thing, but having a ton of trouble. I have been working on it for an hour now and the site keeps freezing.

ces
06-09-2006, 12:49 PM
Now they are sold out. I am so angry. I got it in my cart at exactly 10 AM and by the time I got through check out they were out. Their site sucks.

Jayspawn
06-09-2006, 01:06 PM
Aaaaaaarrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Jayspawn
06-09-2006, 01:46 PM
Its come and gone. I didnt get one either ces. I've started Gentle Giant bashing already on various parts of the internet.

DAMN! I HAD one IN my cart and was completing checkout when I was redirected to a page telling me it was sold out!

ces
06-09-2006, 04:14 PM
I have to say that they did handle it terrible. I sent them an angry email; it will do no good, but if they send me a response back that ticks me off, I will go ahead and cancle all of my pre-orders on their stuff. They could have atleast done it as a lottery to the collector club members, or had a better check out website.

Darth Jax
06-09-2006, 08:10 PM
it took me 20 minutes to get through with checkout due to the traffic on the site. by that time they'd sold out.

mrhat
06-10-2006, 02:33 PM
Well lets see, nothing new on store shelves as of late, finally broke down and got the TRU holographic Yoda off e-bay, that arrived a few days ago... other than that, nothing new on the storefront...

Jayspawn
06-14-2006, 07:03 PM
I finally found The Hunt For Grievous Clone Trooper pack at ToysRUs. It was $24.99. They had about 3 left his afternoon -but no gunships left. Its an awesome set, Captain Fordo (the red clone) is one of the best figures yet!

Today I also recieved 12" Luke and Anakin Skywalker from Sideshow! Both are just incredible figures! I highly recommend them both if you can track them down. Sould I open them or not?

ces or Darth Jax, did either of you order/recieve the Gentle Giant Boba Fett Statue yet?

ces
06-14-2006, 07:41 PM
Hey Jay, mine just shipped today.

Darth Jax
06-14-2006, 08:43 PM
i have it on pre-order but haven't heard anything about shipping yet.

Dark Marble
06-14-2006, 10:47 PM
The Walmart in Superior had the whole Mos Eisley wave as of 7:00 tonight according to my wife. Thanks to JabbaJohn I already have a set. Hopefully I will find the Hunt for Grevious tomorrow if there are any left. :(

mrhat
06-17-2006, 03:18 AM
Finally found some mos eisley figures today, at the new super wal mart on 33rd and tower, got a momow, luke, r5, and guarindin. they also had a han and a few vaders, as well as a couple chewey unleashed. so still missing ha, denizin, and the sandtrooper.

Jayspawn
06-18-2006, 06:31 PM
Still looking for Momaw Nadon and R5. Found everybody else though including the illusive Bespin Vader.

My Boba Statue ships out this week!

ces
06-18-2006, 06:38 PM
I got my Boba on Friday. Gentle Giant did a good job on him. I'm still angry with them over the mess of the Stormtrooper mini bust. I made some room on my self this weekend for my Sideshow Greivous. He is so incredible. He is the 8th item that I have received from them, and I have to say that I become more and more pleased with them all of the time. Their first statue of Luke was okay, but everything else has been superb. I love my Darth Maul Bust.

mrhat
06-18-2006, 07:50 PM
got the not so hard to come by unleashed at the wal-mart on 33rd and tower, they still had the same figs as yesterday even the bespin vader.

Darth Jax
06-22-2006, 08:42 PM
got my boba statue today. it looks great. now if i only had more room to display things.

Jayspawn
06-25-2006, 12:05 PM
Finally found Momaw Nadon and R5 at Wal-Mart. Momaw is an awesome figure! I've always been a fan of his figures anyway -they always turn out great!

I got the Exclusive 4th of July ROTS poster in the mail yesterday from SWS.com. Its awesome! My Boba Fett Statue is on the way also.

ces
06-25-2006, 12:14 PM
If anyone stumbles on Hunt for Greivous at TRU, will you let me know. Amazon has now canled my order because TRU is not playing nicely and leaving collectors out in the cold.

Jayspawn
06-25-2006, 12:22 PM
I heard about Amazon doing that. :tired:

Jayspawn
06-30-2006, 12:14 PM
Just a few Clearence items worth mentioning.

Greatland Target had VOTC figures marked down to $11.09 (not much of a markdown) and Senate Skirmish packs to $16-something.

Jayspawn
07-06-2006, 11:56 AM
I got another package from OfficialPix. Getting ready to have a few pictures sent and signed through the mail. :D

Darth Jax
07-07-2006, 10:05 PM
no endor wave yet, but did find Darth's TIE and Mace's starfighter at target today. also picked up the AT-AT titanium.

Jayspawn
07-09-2006, 11:46 AM
I'm all excited about the Endor wave. Especially Moff Jerjerrod.

Darth Jax
07-09-2006, 12:01 PM
jay, did you finally run out of star wars lines or just want to change things up a bit with the superman sig?

Jayspawn
07-09-2006, 04:01 PM
Just to mix things up. I'm plugging Superman Returns as thee movie this summer.

Looks like I was right too, Pirates kinda sucked.

Dark Marble
07-10-2006, 03:47 PM
The Boulder Target has the Darth Vader and Mace Windu fighters. I got one of the Mace fighters for myself, bring on the Windu squad!!!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-11-2006, 08:31 PM
I went to a few places today:

*Westminster TRU - not a whole lot; no Battlepacks or Gunships (I ordered the Battlepack online a few days ago). They had old Polis Massan and Mas Amedda figures for less than $5, and a few remnants of the Geonosis and Carkoon waves, which I hadn't seen in a while, but still no Scorch.
*Westminster WM - nothing new to speak of.
*Westminster Target - more of the stuff from TRU, but no Scorch.
*Broomfield Target - one lonely Darth Vader's TIE.

I don't have any of the other Vader's TIEs, so I'll be sure to get this one when I have more money.

ces
07-14-2006, 12:58 PM
I got my 12" Kit Fisto yesterday. He is my favorite of the new line so far.

ces
07-17-2006, 11:43 AM
If you're interested in picking up this wave, check out Wal-mart today. I hit 2 Wal-marts this morning and found the entire wave at each one. It looks like both had atleast 3 cases worth. Cody is also packed in this case if you're still looking for him.

Jayspawn
07-17-2006, 02:07 PM
Hello Everyone! Just got back from my trip to South Dakota! Found some good stuff while I was away. I picked up Moff Jerjerrod and the Death Star Gunner at a ShopKo in Souix Falls. Its an awesome wave! The Emperor is worth passing on but the others are homeruns*!

I'm sending out items in the mail to Terence Stamp and Clive Revill to be signed. Wish me luck on those.

ces, are you ordering the Sideshow Premium Format Boba Fett? I probably will -it looks sweet!

*I did pass on Chief Chirpa -hes an awesome figure but very small and not worth the $7.99 ShopKo wanted for their figures.

ces
07-17-2006, 03:09 PM
I already ordered the Boba Fett on the day he went up for pre-sale. He looks incredible. So far I have been very pleased with all the Sidehow products.
As for the Chief Chirpa, I agree that he is very smll. I think the earlier Wicket is now out of scale. I'm surprised that he was not placed in with another figure.

Jayspawn
07-21-2006, 11:01 PM
I got the Premuim Format Boba Fett on preorder today. BigBadToyStore.com had a great preorder price -so I went with them.

I recieved a photo back SIGNED from Julian Glover (General Veers) today. I came inscribed and everything!

vulcantouch
07-22-2006, 10:17 AM
jay: did you see mssg for you (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?p=478878#post478878)?

Darth Jax
07-22-2006, 11:25 AM
nothing new in stores... after seeing pics from SDCC have put several items on pre-oreder.

mrhat
07-22-2006, 12:49 PM
Got My George Lucas in Stormtrooper disguise in the mail yesterday. Thankfully it wasn't damaged like some had reported, mild scuffing is about all the damage that occured to mine. depending on how long ago you sent in for the fig, start checking your mail boxes, The Black Hole Trooper from SWS.com should be showing up here soon too. I mised out on the SDCC exclusive 501st trooper, i was at work when they went live, so that kind of sucks. Nothhing new in stores to report, still need the sand trooper and the entire endor wave.

Jayspawn
07-22-2006, 04:25 PM
PM sent vt.

I also recieved my George Trooper as well. My box came a little smashed but was mint on the inside. ? -Anyways he's a great figure! Much better looking in person.

Jayspawn
07-27-2006, 12:02 PM
I finally recieved my R2-D2 Cookie Jar after 6 months of delays. It was made by Cards Inc. in England. Its hand painted and awesome looking!

ces
07-27-2006, 12:45 PM
So Jay, was it suppose to take 6 months, or were they just slow?

Jayspawn
07-27-2006, 07:58 PM
It was supposed to ship in a few weeks after I ordered it. Then it got delayed a month. Then another. Then another and another and another and another.....

I was supprised when I got the shipping confirmation.

Darth Jax
07-27-2006, 08:16 PM
i got notice that my qui-gon mini-bust is due to arrive next week. nothing new to report in stores. target by me completely reset the toy aisle (its nearly empty) since most toys got moved to the clearance section.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-29-2006, 01:27 PM
I found Jerjerrod at a WM in . . . Longmont, I think. It was about five days ago and he was the only representative of the Endor wave, though they did have some red-holo Hoth R2s as well.

I went to several Aurora stores a few days ago and didn't get anything. I did see Mace's Starfighter and Vader's TIE, though.

I ordered the Shadow Stormtrooper and the Lucas Family/Republic Commando value set from StarWarsShop.com, which should be coming in about six months.

Dark Marble
08-01-2006, 09:00 AM
Hey, does anyone have any Targets around them that still have the skirmish at the senate sets? I was broke this weekend and I guess I missed the big clearance push. :sad: :(

ces
08-01-2006, 11:36 AM
I hit 4 Targets ysterday and found non-remaining. I did find a lone Greedo for $2.98, but passed.

Jayspawn
08-02-2006, 10:57 AM
I bought the Senate Skirmish set last week for $13.98 but missed the even clearenced price. I totally missed the clearenced VOTC figures. Oh well, I got them and my George Trooper so I'm happy.

Darth Jax
08-02-2006, 08:10 PM
got my qui-gon bust today. i was initially a little skeptical about the pose, but it works well. would be better if he had another arm though.

ces
08-03-2006, 02:50 PM
Hey, if anybody is interested, it looks like Target is getting the second wave of Greatest Battles. Today I picked up 8 Shock Troopers between 2 Target stores.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-03-2006, 06:27 PM
At the Arvada Target a few days ago, I got a Shock Trooper and Vader's TIE. They were rearranging the Star Wars section, with nearly twice the number of pegs for figures, which were all full of Greatest Battles and Mos Eisley figures. I've also been seeing several Hoth Unleashed Battlepacks (not into them, though) and more of Mace's Starfighter and Vader's TIE. I only saw a VTSC Greedo at the clearance price, but I've got enough Greedos already.

Darth Jax
08-03-2006, 10:05 PM
found the titanium ultra falcon and vader TIE on the top shelf at wal-mart today. they were in the system as they scanned so i picked them both up. still haven't seen anything from the endor wave on the shelves as the mos eisley wave occupies the few spaces not taken up by dofine. want to get the LEGO star destroyer (and have seen it along with the sail barge at both target and TRU), but since i have no space to display anymore LEGOs i'm hesitant. i can tolerate keeping my toys in the box, but just seems doubly wrong to have LEGOs and not build with them.

Kidhuman
08-04-2006, 07:48 AM
found the titanium ultra falcon and vader TIE on the top shelf at wal-mart today. they were in the system as they scanned so i picked them both up. still haven't seen anything from the endor wave on the shelves as the mos eisley wave occupies the few spaces not taken up by dofine. want to get the LEGO star destroyer (and have seen it along with the sail barge at both target and TRU), but since i have no space to display anymore LEGOs i'm hesitant. i can tolerate keeping my toys in the box, but just seems doubly wrong to have LEGOs and not build with them.

I have to agree with you on the Lego's. I have about 8 sets I havent put together because of the space issues. I do get them on clearance though. I cant pass up a Slave 1 for 15 bucks.

Darth Jax
08-04-2006, 07:21 PM
i'll never pass up a clearance deal, space or no space

Jayspawn
08-10-2006, 01:17 PM
Finally recieve my Qui-Gon Jinn Bust yesterday. Its an excellent piece. I'm glad GG is fianally getting into a few TPM Busts.

As some of you may have heard, SSG member Vulcantouch aka Jean has passed away a few days ago. Not sure how many of you have met Jean, but he was just as interesting in person as his posts here on SSG. I always enjoyed talking with him at least once a year at StarFest. He would always tell me what he was up to -making deals and trades of all kinds. Unfortunatly our last contact wasnt very pleasant -but I will miss him reguardless.

Jayspawn
08-11-2006, 03:07 PM
I found the Dagobah X-Wing at TRU on Mississippi yesterday. There were 3 there as the boxes are HUGE! They're priced at $44.99 each.

Today I recieved my Boba Fett Bust made back in the day by Legends in 3-Dimention. I've wanted one for a very long time and now I have one! I rule! :razz:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-11-2006, 06:58 PM
I finally got my George in the mail a few days ago.

That sucks about VT, and I had no idea! His crazy link-filled posts will be missed. :cry:

Darth Jax
08-11-2006, 08:06 PM
i didn't understand half of what VT had to say, but never passed up a chance to read his posts. first R2, now VT - i think us colorado collectors are all doomed.

Jayspawn
08-17-2006, 03:43 PM
Today I sent off a photo of Moff Jejerrod to a guy I know in the UK whos gonna get it signed for me by Michael Pennington at Empire Day in a few weeks.

TRU on Mississippi reset their asiles, but nothing new stocked.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-18-2006, 07:11 PM
In Commerce City, I got two 501st Legion Troopers at the Target and the C-3PO with Ewok Throne at the Wal-Mart. Otherwise that city smells like pollution and garbage.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-20-2006, 06:01 PM
I finally, FINALLY got Scorch at the Broomfield Target today, along with Mace's Starfighter. Scorch was the red holo release, and there were several "older" figures there as well.

Dark Marble
08-21-2006, 03:54 PM
Way to go Jabba!! I am glad you finally got that figure. I still need to find the endor wave. I found it once about a month ago but couldn't afford it. I haven't seen it again.

Jayspawn
08-24-2006, 12:39 PM
Latley I've been caught up in the Star Wars Evolution cards. I was lucky enough to pull a Biggs Darklighter Auto card this last week -very exciting but I'm hoping to pull one of the (in)famous 3 -Guiness, Lucas or Cushing.

Jayspawn
08-24-2006, 03:26 PM
Today I satisfied my craving for more Evolution cards. I broke down and bought a case. Needless to say, I pulled a Kit Fisto Auto card along with some foil cards. *sigh* the hunt goes on.

Oh, I also found the Endor AT-AT, NEW TIE Fighter and Dagobah X-Wings at TRU on Mississippi today. If yer still looking -head on over!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-24-2006, 04:42 PM
Way to go Jabba!! I am glad you finally got that figure. I still need to find the endor wave. I found it once about a month ago but couldn't afford it. I haven't seen it again.
Thanks! I'll keep a look out from now on for the rest of the Endor wave.

Oh, and my mom got Chief Chirpa the other day at the Lafayette WM, and I think she said they still had a C-3PO, but there was apparently a crowd in that aisle so she couldn't look a lot. I still need the Death Star Gunner from part one of this wave . . .

Darth Jax
08-24-2006, 10:18 PM
i'm way behind as i haven't seen a single endor figure. the fact others are slowly finding them gives me hope that eventually they'll make it to this side of town as well.

scruffziller
08-25-2006, 07:22 AM
Okay, first suprise, All C's, yeah yeah, dont want to hear about it, anyway, i went in yesterday with toys my father had purchased for me, not knowing i had them all, i took them in, and went up to the deak woman, explained our situation, and we had all the price tags on the toys still. she said i could exchange (for full price!) so i exchanged a K-3PO, and a Duro for a Shmi and an EU Obi Wan! The Bespin Guard towards the purchase of a Darth Vader with removible helmit! i only spent 20.00 for the remainder of the Vader. It might have been the fact that I did come in alot and usually bought soimething, or they are being nice and not slimey! the second suprise in Target, in aurora had the Shmi and the EU obi, as well as the Ketwol wave, and the legecy assortment, and B-Wings!!!! if you still need em, go, i mean NOW!:)

Good luck

Also, All C's had a hochunk of Luke X-Wing Wave! if you cant wait for those.

Back in 1996, before the internet really took off as a place you could order stuff from, I found some rare import CD singles in the Denver downtown area.

Jayspawn
08-25-2006, 12:04 PM
Denver is a great place to get CDs. Record stores are definatly not short.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-26-2006, 01:16 PM
Turns out she also got the DS Gunner the same day but didn't tell me until yesterday, so I'm all caught up figure-wise for the time being.

Darth Jax
08-26-2006, 01:34 PM
picked up the dagobah x-wing yesterday and a slightly battered search for grievous at tru. no at-at's just a big empty space on the shelves. they had the h&v figs for 5.99 and about a million 3po's and pregger padmes on the shelves - good luck getting rid of them. they'll be joining the permament endcap space of neimodians soon.

mrhat
08-27-2006, 09:57 PM
Well nothing new on the Star Wars front ad of late, lots of heroes an villains, not much else. Well after years of waiting NECA finally released the epic scale Balrog. Ordered that online, and waiting for the huge 1/12 scale beast to show up.

Jayspawn
08-30-2006, 12:17 PM
A friend and I are going on a toy run today, wish us luck!

Darth Jax
08-30-2006, 07:57 PM
i have finally seen some of the endor wave. picked up all but the death star gunner at various targets around the area. got a couple more 501st greatest battles, now if i can get me some more shocktroopers i'll be happy.

Dark Marble
08-31-2006, 03:41 PM
i have finally seen some of the endor wave. picked up all but the death star gunner at various targets around the area. got a couple more 501st greatest battles, now if i can get me some more shocktroopers i'll be happy.

Jax, as of last night when I was at work at the Superior Target we had two shock troopers. I can check tonight to see if they are still there if you would like.

mrhat
09-02-2006, 03:08 PM
Randomly got the Death Star Gunner at Wal-Mart this morning, they had one (which I got) and a lone 3PO with throne, and many heroes and villans/greatest battles.

Darth Jax
09-03-2006, 07:55 PM
i picked up 2 death star gunners to complete the endor wave. i'm now up-to-date because i was able to pick up a carded scorch as well at wal-mart. i'll be getting another in the commando pack, but now i've got the carded release to satisfy my completist ways.

Jayspawn
09-06-2006, 11:56 AM
Have some cool stuff on the way now. Expecting a case of the Deluxe Shock Trooper Minibusts tomorrow. Should be an awesome day of opening! Also getting 2 more selaed boxes of the Evolution cards.

mrhat
09-07-2006, 07:10 PM
Gearing up for the Original Trilogy DVD release on Tuesday, though I don't know which retailer to go to, since everyone seems to have cool promo items to along with it... Nothing new on the toy front though. I did get my epic scale balrog yesterday, and I thought I knew what "Epic Scale" meant but This is a truly epically huge figure, and I need a place to put it, right now He's hanging out in the guest bedroom, all lonely.

Jayspawn
09-07-2006, 07:33 PM
Its the Balrog's Room NOW mrhat!!!

I recieved my CASE of Clone Trooper Minibusts today. Got 2 of each. You know I'm all about the Clone Troopers!

My Sideshow Mace Windu should arrive in a few days. I'm also expecting a Han Solo Vest costume replica, and a few more sealed boxes of Evolution cards. Next few days should be fun.

Getting some photos ready to be sent out for autographs. :D

mrhat
09-10-2006, 03:47 PM
It's entierly true. I thought I could have him sit on my shelf which has a lot of over head room, well it was tall enough, but his wing span was too big and would require i cut off part of my clothes section wall. So Then I moved everything around so he could sit on a wire box, he seems fine there, but we will see how this goes for the long term. Finally got a chance to get the 501st trooper from hasbrotoyshope, grabbed one of those before they sold out (for the 3rd time). So all in all a good day (except that whole getting up at 6:30 this morning to work... New Family Guy, Simpsons, and American Dad! tonight, always look forward to that.

Jayspawn
09-13-2006, 10:01 PM
Couple of cool things in the mail today...

Recieved Sideshow's 12" Mace Windu. Awesome figure! I'm more pleased with it than I thought. I love the extra accessories -and he has a lot!

Got my 2 sealed boxes of Star Wars Evolution cards. Only pulled 2 autograph cards, Plo Koon (Matt Sloan) and Barriss Offee (Nalini Krishan). I didnt have Krishan's autograph yet so I'm happy.

ces
09-15-2006, 01:06 PM
I just ordered the Sideshow exclusive Plo Koon. I have to say Sideshow has the best ordering method. I got in an ordered in one minute. It generally takes 15 minutes or so, but that still not bad. Too bad Gentle Giant can't figure out how to do it that well. I have missed out on several exclusives with them because of their poor ordering process.

Jayspawn
09-19-2006, 12:06 PM
Recieved another Sealed box of SW Evolution cards. Only pulled a Biggs Auto card. Already have 2 of them but better than pulling nothing.

Also recieved Master Replicas scaled Darth Vader ROTS lightsaber. I'm gonna do a display of Vader's scaled ESB, ROTS and eventually ROTJ scaled sabers to go next to my ANH LE. Show the evolution of Vader's weapon.

Darth Jax
09-19-2006, 04:03 PM
put slave leia on pre-order today.

in non-SW toy news, finally spotted the evolution of evil michael myers 2 pack at spencer's. and picked up the flannel shirt edition of my name is earl from bestbuy.

Jayspawn
09-22-2006, 03:32 PM
I was tempted to the Flannel Shirt season of My Name is Earl also Darth Jax. I'm cutting down on the DVDs I'll but this one looks like a winner.

Jason Lee rules!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-23-2006, 07:49 PM
Today, the Westminster TRU had 16 Clone Wars Gunships (finally!), three AT-ATs, about six or seven TIE Fighters, and many X-wings. They had a big display near the front with most of the new stuff with some of it in the regular SW section. The AT-ATs were all on top of the shelf and I pulled one down to look at it; everything looks pretty awesome but I didn't have enough money for anything. Just those alone are $225, and then there's Target's exclusives and the rest of the stuff . . .

mrhat
09-26-2006, 10:12 AM
Got my 501st in the mail yesterday (be ecxited!) With all the issues people have with shipping damage from HTS, My toys always show up in perfect condition, and the 501st is no exception. Good ol' getting exclusives without actually having to go to the convention, heh heh heh, stickin it to the man, I guess. Well it's school time, hurray!

ces
09-26-2006, 11:44 AM
I agree with you MrHat. I have gotten a ton of stuff from Hasbro and not had any problem with the packaging. I guess some people are either pickier than I am or they just like to complain. My Qui-Gon is scheduled to arrive today from sideshow. There has been a ton of Star Wars product for this year.

Jayspawn
09-27-2006, 06:26 PM
I hear that ces! 2006 is 3/4 over and has done a number on me!

Got back my photo from Terence Stamp (Chancellor Valorum) yesterday. It came back unsigned with all the envelope contents included and a note saying that Terence does not sign Star Wars items. But, I did get my photo and return shipping back.

I did send out to Michael (Bib Fortuna) Carter today!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-01-2006, 08:25 PM
I received my 501st Stormtrooper about a week ago, and I buckled and got the Mos Eisley Han figure as well. Today, at the Fort Morgan WM, I got the Endor Vader and white Rebel Trooper figures, but they didn't have anything else new.

Jayspawn
10-03-2006, 11:21 AM
Picked up the white Endor Trooper. I was gonna pick up Vader too but then I realized that he doesnt come with the extra skull head and that the price on standard figures has gone up. Since I'm through playing games with Hasbro -I passed on the others.

Recieved 12 packs of SW Evolution cards -no auto cards unfortunatly.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-05-2006, 07:26 PM
Two dsya ago at the Lafayette WM, I got the Naboo "Long Arms" Soldier. They had two white Endor Troopers as well and nothing else new. Word to the wise: if you're not a completist, I'd avoid the Naboo Soldier.

Jayspawn
10-06-2006, 02:01 PM
His arms do look a little long. I'm an army builder but I never started up any Naboo Soldiers.

Should be getting my 12" Qui-Gon anyday now.

I'm thinkin about dropping a check of change of a case of SW Evolution cards. Its a chunk of $ buy maybe worth it.

Oh, here it is. My 5,000th post!

Jayspawn
10-07-2006, 09:49 PM
Recieved a nice 4x8 promotional photo signed by Dave Prowse today. It has Dave on the left and Vader on the right.

Havnt seen the new Endor wave a 2nd time yet. Relly looking forward to getting Luke.

Jayspawn
10-10-2006, 01:07 PM
My 12" Qui-Gon arrived from Sideshow today. They did an awesome job as always.

Purchased a whole case of SW Evolution cards today. Should be able to pull some awesome cards with this one!

Jayspawn
10-11-2006, 03:20 PM
2 more TTM autograph successes today! (sort of)...

- recieved my 8x10 photo back signed from Michael Culver (Captain Needa). It came inscribed and as an added bonus, the return envelope's custom's sticker is signed by him as well! Ha!

- and in the mail also was my 8x10 of Jango Fett and Evolution card. Both came back signed however each is a secretarial. Still a success but totally not the real-deal. I'm keeping it as a token.

Going on a toy run today, hoping to find the new Endor Luke before the (rumored) price increases $1+

Dark Marble
10-12-2006, 11:52 AM
My wife found me the snowspeeder and Kit Fisto's "starfigher" last night at the Boulder Target. She didn't look at the figures though...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-15-2006, 07:08 PM
My wife found me the snowspeeder and Kit Fisto's "starfigher" last night at the Boulder Target. She didn't look at the figures though...
Today when I went there, there were several Kit "Starfighers" and three or so Zev Snowspeeders on the endcap near the figures, which also had one each of the Jedi vs. Sidious and Sarlacc Battlepacks. I'll be getting the vehicles and passing on the packs but didn't get anything today.

As far as the figures, it was a whole lot of Greatest Battles figures. They had two Shocktroopers but I think I'm done with them, at least until they rerelease the SA ones from the Senate battlepack. There weren't any 501st Troopers, though, nor were there any figures from the new Endor/Naboo wave.

ces
10-21-2006, 08:32 PM
I found a Titanium Grevous today at Wal-mart. No C-3PO. No signs of the new figs but a few left overs at various Wal-mart throughout town. Target has sucked as of late. I went to the new Target in Parker, and the figs there are $7.99

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-21-2006, 09:09 PM
I went to the Broomfield Target yesterday and the figures were still $6.62 or whatever they are. They had a buttload of Heroes and Villains/Greatest Battles figures and I got another 501st Trooper. They also had several of the exclusive ships, and non-exclusive Battlepacks, on an endcap. The Broomfield Kmart also had many Battlepacks.

I got Kit's Fighter and I really like the colors, but the only Kit that fits is the shirtless Clone Wars one and you really have to jam him in there.

Jayspawn
10-24-2006, 12:00 PM
See that sucks! I'm definatly NOT gonna get Kit's Starfighter cause I know he wont fit! They should have included a special Kit for the vehicle.

I got in on the private signing with Samuel L. Jackson over at http://www.OfficialPix.com Too good to pass up!

Jayspawn
10-25-2006, 07:28 PM
Went on a HUGE toy run today and came home empty handed. I hit it 5 Wal-Marts and 4 Targets and NOTHING. Very discouraging.

ces
10-25-2006, 07:55 PM
I lucked out today. I was on the way to work and decided to get some cold medicine to make my day tolerable. It was 6 AM so the only thing open was Wal-mart in Westminster. I decided to check out the toy isle and they had just put out three cases of the Naboo/Endo wave. I was able to finish off the wave. There was another guy there who must have had most of them because he was digging through before me and didn't grab anything. Now I just need the Titanium C-3PO and I'm caught up for a day or two.

On a non-Star Wars note, I got my Real Action Hero Wolverine from Sideshow yesterday and he is most excellent.

Jayspawn
10-25-2006, 07:57 PM
Is that the X3 Wolverine ces?

ces
10-25-2006, 08:09 PM
Yep it is the X3 Wolverine. They have more available as backorders
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=4335

Jayspawn
10-25-2006, 08:19 PM
Ohh and I've been eyeing that one too. Looks well worth the price too. The only thing holding me back is the room to display it.

Jayspawn
10-26-2006, 01:30 AM
Registration for Celebration IV goes up October 30th!

Are you going ces? Anybody else?

I'm going for sure!

ces
10-26-2006, 09:47 AM
I'm torn about whether to go or not. I think it would be fun, but I don't know if I want to use up my vaction time to do it.

Jayspawn
10-27-2006, 11:35 AM
A friend who I'm going with is checking out our hotel in person sometime this week I think. He lives in LA, but we're staying in a hotel next to the Convention Center to avoid LA traffic.

ces
11-01-2006, 04:37 PM
It looks like Target is starting to get the Naboo wave, or at least part of it. I found three Vaders from that wave at my Target, but nothing else. DOn't know if they had the rest of the wave that sold out before I got there, or if Target is getting mixed cases in. I say this because they had a bunch of Sandtroopers and Endor wave there that wasn't there yesterday.

ces
11-01-2006, 04:39 PM
Oh I almost forgot. Did you guys see that shopstarwars.com has the RAH Shadow Stormtrooper up now. Kind of expensive but cool. Entertainment Earth is also taking orders for the ultra cool Attackus Falcon, but it is insanely spendy.

Jayspawn
11-01-2006, 06:02 PM
Saw the Boba Fett maquette at All C's. But it was on hold for somebody else.

Mine is still on order with NewForce. Did you order one ces?

ces
11-01-2006, 06:04 PM
Mine should get here tomorrow.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-01-2006, 06:20 PM
I'll be going to CIV, but won't be getting passes until January.

Dang, I should've looked in here a few days ago so I could've seen the news about the Westminster WM. Oh wll.

Jayspawn
11-03-2006, 08:20 PM
Placed an order with OfficialPix today. Gonna send out some photos throught the mail to (hopefully) get signed.

Was able to nab a Clone Wars General Grievous Maquette for an awesome price! Should arrive in a few days.

ces
11-03-2006, 08:54 PM
I got my Animated Boba Fett Maguette today. He is really cool, but for some reason I thought he'd be a bit bigger.

Jayspawn
11-03-2006, 08:55 PM
He's what, 7 inches tall?

ces
11-03-2006, 08:57 PM
Probably about that. You know what would may a cool exclusive. If they did a paint scheme like the Droids cartoon Boba Fett

Jayspawn
11-03-2006, 08:59 PM
That would be cool! I think the Maquette even has more detail than the Droids Fett.

My Fett is shipping from NewForce within the week. I think they're shipping my Leia/R2 Maquette at the same time.

Jayspawn
11-08-2006, 05:02 PM
Picked up the new Snow Bunny Padme Bust-Up at Hot Topic today. I regret not getting the Maquette version when I had the chance back in the day so I got this one.

Also found NECA's V for Vendetta figure at Hot Topic also. This figure is awesome!

Darth Jax
11-08-2006, 09:54 PM
haven't heard from newforce yet, but i've had the animated maquettes on pre-order for a long time now.

picked up some newer galactic heroes (luke/han stormtroopers) at target, but really haven't seen much new with star wars on the shelf in forever. still haven't seen any of the newer waves (naboo, etc).

spencer's had the newest cult classics in. jigsaw looks great.

Jayspawn
11-08-2006, 10:37 PM
I got a notice from New Force that they just got in the Boba Maquettes and are processing. So we shouldnt have to wait too long before we get them.

NewForce has the best prices on the Maquettes so I'm ordering all of them with them.

Darth Jax
11-08-2006, 11:49 PM
newforce prices rock on just about everything gentle giant. i order as much as i can from them. they just don't update their pre-orders often enough to get all my business.

Dark Marble
11-09-2006, 04:10 PM
Found most of the Endor/Naboo wave at Boulder Target today. They didn't have the Endor Luke or the White Endor Troop, but everyone else. Not bad for 2:00 in the afternoon.

Jayspawn
11-10-2006, 01:07 PM
Where the hell is Luke!?!?

Anyways, NewForce will be shipping the Leia Maquettes this next week! Grevious is on the way to me now. Just sucks that I'm only getting into the Maquettes this late in he game.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-10-2006, 03:21 PM
Found most of the Endor/Naboo wave at Boulder Target today. They didn't have the Endor Luke or the White Endor Troop, but everyone else. Not bad for 2:00 in the afternoon.
Interestingly, at around the same time at the Lafayette WM, I found the wave except for Luke, the white Endor Trooper, and Holographic Maul. I already got the white guy a while back but I'll look out for one for you. They had several Naboo Soldiers and Vaders and one or two of the other figures when I left.

Dark Marble
11-12-2006, 12:09 PM
Thanks Jabba! I would like to find both Endor troops before they are gone. The Luke must be some kind of figure.

Dark Marble
11-13-2006, 12:22 PM
Superior Target had the entire wave last night so I am all caught up. They even had both variants of the Endor Soldier out at the same time. Now bring on the Ventress pre-order!!

Darth Jax
11-14-2006, 02:32 PM
i've finally seen a naboo/endor figure. picked up luke at target today. it's really frustrating that they have nothing new on the shelves. the same 8 moff jerjerrod's and padme GB's that've been there for months now. nearly empty figure pegs, ditto for galactic heroes and even the titaniums (star wars at least) are nearly empty. hopefully they'll be loading up for the holiday buying season.

Jayspawn
11-17-2006, 08:00 PM
Got my autograph request back from Shannon McRandle (Mara Jade) today. I sent her a letter, $15 check and SASE to her (via her website) and recieved the requested photo signed to me as well as a 2nd photo of herself signed "Jay Thanks- Best wishes! XO Shannon" Very pleased. It took just over a week too!

Went on a HUGE toy run today looking for Endor Luke and found NOTHING! I did find Mace Windu's Batallion at Super Target today. I passed for now as I placed some BIG orders today.

ces
11-17-2006, 08:51 PM
I ordered that Asajj Ventress exclusive today. I'm happy I got that one because I'm not crazy about the main head sculpt. I also got my Leia Maquette today. Still wish I had gotten the Padme. That Maquette is why I stopped ordering Gentle Giant stuff from newforce comics. I missed out on that and the episode II Yoda because they cancled my order due to not getting enough in.

Jayspawn
11-19-2006, 11:38 PM
I'm waiting to order Ventress through a secondary retailer for cheaper.

(still waiting for my Greivous, Leia and Boba Maquettes)

Jayspawn
11-20-2006, 12:05 AM
Oh! I accidently won the Princess Leia Baster Signature Edition Replica off Ebay and it arrived the other day. Great looking piece -especially with Carrie Fisher's autograph on it!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-20-2006, 08:53 PM
I also ended up getting Holographic Maul and Endor Luke a little over a week ago at Super Target, so I'm all set basic-figure-wise until the "Final 22" come out. Today at the Westminster WM I got the TPM tin set, and they had several of the AOTC and ROTS ones left. I saw the Mace pack at the Westminster Target but didn't get it yet.

Jayspawn
11-26-2006, 09:15 PM
Wooohoo! I finally got my Endor Luke at K-Mart on Black Friday! I bought a dozen Star Wars figures on the buy 1 get one FREE and donated them all to Toys 4 Tots as well. So I'm happy.

I also recieved my Anakin Skywalker Maquette as well -awesome! NewForce is apparently a little slower at shipping these. Cant wait to get Boba and Leia/R2.

Jayspawn
11-27-2006, 05:06 PM
NewForce has the Leia/R2 Maquette In Stock now so ours should be shipped/arriving soon Darth Jax!

They are awaiting another shipment of Bobas.

ces
11-29-2006, 12:56 PM
Jay, you'll be really impressed with Leia.
I found the Figrin D'an Tin set at Wal-mart yesterday.

Jayspawn
11-30-2006, 01:23 PM
Apparently FewForce shipped my Leia/R2 and Boba Fett together. Oooh! Which do I open 1st!?

Darth Jax
11-30-2006, 08:51 PM
i got my notification that my maquettes are getting ready to ship as well.

Jayspawn
12-04-2006, 01:17 PM
I recieved 2 great packages from OfficialPix! One was some photos I ordered to get signed later. The other is an awesome photo signed to me by Samuel L. Jackson! One of the new favorites in my collection. It's f'n sweet!

Just 2 more days to wait on my Maquettes!

Darth Jax
12-05-2006, 09:18 PM
found the bounty hunter galactic hero set, couldn't bring myself to get it since only the blackhole stormtrooper is new.

found a few newer saga figures - SBD, kit, 442nd clone and chewie at target - they weren't in the system yet, but they were on the shelves. still haven't found most of the naboo/endor wave though.

saw the new packaged AAT as well.

Kidhuman
12-05-2006, 10:29 PM
found a few newer saga figures - SBD, kit, 442nd clone and chewie at target - they weren't in the system yet, but they were on the shelves.

Same thing happened to me at Target and i got em for 1.76 each because they gave me the last clearance price. Did you get any of them?

Darth Jax
12-05-2006, 11:39 PM
i got em for $4.00. left chewie on the shelf cause i already have one with a light-up 3po from his saga days.

Kidhuman
12-06-2006, 06:52 AM
Not a bad deal there either. I left Chewie also, just need to get the SBD and Holo Cody from that grouping myself.

Jayspawn
12-07-2006, 07:06 PM
I plan on buying a couple Battle Droid packs when I find them. Right now My Clone Army could beat any in the universe on numbers alone. So I really need more droids to make a more interesting battle.

I recieved my Leia/R2 and Boba Maquettes today! Very pleased with them. They look great with the Clone Wars Maquettes as well. I love being a High-End Collector.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-07-2006, 07:43 PM
I saw (but didn't get) the new AAT and Hailfire Droid at the Westminster Target.

Due to an error, StarWarsShop.com sent me the wrong shirt after I ordered a custom Han one, but I got an e-mail today saying that the correct one will be out soon. Hopefully it's right this time.

Darth Jax
12-07-2006, 08:54 PM
just got home from work. haven't had time to free leia and boba from their boxes yet. but i'm looking forward to getting them next to luminara and barriss. i do regret i don't have a padme snowbunny, that's one maquette i may have to try and track down at some point.

Jayspawn
12-08-2006, 12:21 PM
Got my Leia/R2 and Boba on display with Yoda, Anakin and Greivous. The Leia is easily one of my personal favorites.

Finally won a Vintage Endor Poncho Luke off Ebay. 1 figure closer to having a complete set!

ces
12-08-2006, 05:06 PM
Today I went out Christmas shoppinf, and did at looking for myself. Target's and TRU all have the new waave of ships and the two new transformers. All are in the 30th Anv packages. TRU also had the Vader comic 2-pack. None of the others were left. Not crazy about these so I left them. I'm waiting for Quinlan and Mara personally. I have not seen any signs of the new 2-packs of galactic hero's, nut I have heard they are out there. I got all but the snowtrooper/Rebel from Hasbro. I have not seen any signs of the new wave. I think they must sell out instantly at the Targets that I have hit.

ces
12-09-2006, 04:16 AM
I got my Darth Vader Maquette today. I have to say this line has quickly become my favorite of Gentle Giants.

Jayspawn
12-10-2006, 11:20 PM
I'm still on the fence about the Vader Maquette. But I'm sure I'll just get him anyways.

Darth Jax
12-11-2006, 08:20 AM
i've got vader on pre-order, but hadn't heard that he was out yet.

finally got boba opened. it's great that they sculpted him holding both blaster versions he uses.

Jayspawn
12-11-2006, 05:22 PM
Today I recieved my autograph package from Alan Harris (Bossk in ESB). He signed to me in silver my photograph and trading card. I love getting these back in the mail! I never know when I'm going to get them or who they are from.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-11-2006, 06:55 PM
I got my Han shirt again, and wouldn't you know it, they just sent the same wrong one again. Oh well, hopefully I can get it sorted out later.

Jayspawn
12-13-2006, 01:39 PM
That sucks JabbaJohn! Twice in a row now! Thankfully, the custom shirts I've ordered have arrived correctly. I'm gonna place another order soon.

Looks like NewForce charged me for the Chewbacca Minibust! Did you get yours yet ces?

Darth Jax
12-14-2006, 08:29 AM
i got my shipping notice this morning for chewie from newforce - he should be arriving next week.

Jayspawn
12-17-2006, 11:46 AM
I should be getting Chewy on Tuesday!

ces and Jax, did you see the AFX Exclusive Coruscant Clone Trooper Bust? You have to pay now through paypal for shipping in May which stinks, but its pretty cool looking.

Jayspawn
12-17-2006, 11:47 AM
I also recieved my Tom Kane autograph from OfficialPix too! Tom does the voice of Yoda in Clone Wars.

Darth Jax
12-17-2006, 12:55 PM
found the cantina band tin at walmart. target had signage stating that coin album vader will only be sold 1 to a customer.

think i'm passing on the jango clone - i prefer mine helmeted.

ces
12-17-2006, 01:47 PM
I ordered the Clone bust. I thought it would be a nice addition. I haven't found much else lately. I found a few remnents of the new wave a week ago, but nothing since then.

I orderd the clone with my credit card, I didn't look to see if I was already charged for it. I was doing three things when I saw it come up for pre-order so I didn't have the ability to read the fine print.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-17-2006, 02:26 PM
That sucks JabbaJohn! Twice in a row now! Thankfully, the custom shirts I've ordered have arrived correctly. I'm gonna place another order soon.

Looks like NewForce charged me for the Chewbacca Minibust! Did you get yours yet ces?
It's nice to know that they can do it correctly. I just now reordered the shirt, and was charged slightly more, which I hope means that they actually put on the words this time. Now I need to return the mistake one and I'll be all set. :thumbsup:

I've seen Kit Fisto at the Lafayette WM, but that's the only sign of any new figures recently.

Jayspawn
12-17-2006, 11:13 PM
The new Jango Bust IS helmeted. He comes with 2 differeny heads. This one is definatly gonna please.

Jayspawn
12-20-2006, 07:38 PM
Snow Day!!!

Nothing going on today. No mail, no anything going on today except for the snow.

Darth Jax
12-20-2006, 09:14 PM
i had to work today. nearly got stuck in the snow, the trip home that typically takes 10 minutes took an hour. but i did get my chewie bust from the nice UPS man out working in the snow.

Jayspawn
12-21-2006, 06:12 PM
UPS rules!

Well another snow day and another one without mail. I should have recieved my Chewy minibust a few days ago. Maybe It'll be here tomorrow.

Jayspawn
12-22-2006, 11:41 AM
Finally getting out of the house today. Work will be open today for sure.

Should be getting an armload of mail today! HEHE!

ces
12-22-2006, 09:45 PM
If and when Fed Ex starts shipping again in Denver I will get Chewy, Grevious, and Maul mini busts.

Darth Jax
12-23-2006, 10:52 AM
snow cleared enough for me to make it out of town for the holidays. should have lots of goodies to come home to (and hopefully a few to bring home with me as well).

Jayspawn
12-24-2006, 11:33 AM
Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you all have a great holiday with family and friends! Remember to dish on your Christmas goodies! Hope Santa is good to you all!

USPS rules too, a guy climbed up to my house like an hour ago with a package. And on a Sunday too!

Darth Jax
12-24-2006, 08:41 PM
saw while watching the bronco game that it was snowing once again, how much we end up with this time?

Jayspawn
12-27-2006, 01:46 PM
Less than an inch. But its supposed to snow tomorrow. I heard it might be big.

Anyways, good day for the mail yesterday. I recieved my AOTC C-3PO Minibust (finally!) which is not one of my personal favorites. Also recieved a nice photo signed from Mercedes Nogh (Rystall in ROTJ).

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-27-2006, 02:16 PM
Recently, I've found several fradulent items at retail, which is disturbing. For Christmas, I got a Jedi Temple Assault Battlepack, which had the normal Anakin, but also clone pilots instead of the 501st clones. I returned it to the Broomfield Kmart (I didn't know if this was "adding to the problem" or not), and they had another just like it on the shelves.

Then at the Westminster Target, I saw four of the SA white clones from the ROTS and Greatest Battles collections. However, they were on the new Fifth Fleet Security Clone Trooper cards, and had the Utapau clone inserts!

I know Hasbro is dumb, but they're not THIS dumb; someone is doing all this. It's a little bit off-putting, since this is the first time I've seen anything like this, and I've been collecting for just short of ten years.