PDA

View Full Version : Suprises are everywhere, in COLORADO!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

mrhat
10-21-2001, 09:25 PM
Okay, first suprise, All C's, yeah yeah, dont want to hear about it, anyway, i went in yesterday with toys my father had purchased for me, not knowing i had them all, i took them in, and went up to the deak woman, explained our situation, and we had all the price tags on the toys still. she said i could exchange (for full price!) so i exchanged a K-3PO, and a Duro for a Shmi and an EU Obi Wan! The Bespin Guard towards the purchase of a Darth Vader with removible helmit! i only spent 20.00 for the remainder of the Vader. It might have been the fact that I did come in alot and usually bought soimething, or they are being nice and not slimey! the second suprise in Target, in aurora had the Shmi and the EU obi, as well as the Ketwol wave, and the legecy assortment, and B-Wings!!!! if you still need em, go, i mean NOW!:)

Good luck

Also, All C's had a hochunk of Luke X-Wing Wave! if you cant wait for those.

Jayspawn
11-03-2001, 01:01 AM
Hi Mrhat! It's Jayspawn. I'm back. Target on Abeline has lots of Luke X-Wings and Death Star Escape Hans. I saw Shirtless Darth Maul at Electronics Botique in Aurora Mall also. He looks pretty cool. He had a $14.99 tag though and I decided to hold out for a cheaper retail price.

I picked up a TIE Interceptor at TRU on Mississippi. Did you you get one yet?

r2dee2
11-11-2001, 01:50 AM
Found the Deluxe Maul and Luke in the Greeley WalMart today. They were $9.96@:kiss:

mrhat
11-13-2001, 08:40 PM
I went into Super K-Mart off of chambers and Colfax, and low and behold, 3 fresh cases of the Deluxe Maul and Luke, also, THe Luke X-Wing Wave, K-Mart is great at the Holidays, as they have clearly shown me today.

Thay are 9.98 a piece, and the total will come to 21.45 for both with Tax.

So get them while their Hot, its not like they will last long. The Mauls are abouve the Bactas on a hook, the Lukes are on the base below it, lines are getting long over there, so go, NOW

r2dee2
11-15-2001, 12:39 PM
....and don't forget if you are into the card variations, both the Luke and Vader have already changed numbers...
Variations (http://fan.starwars.com/VariationForce/potj.html)

Jayspawn
11-19-2001, 03:37 PM
K-Mart has Luke and Maul for good prices. I picked up Luke Bacta already and I'm waiting on Maul for now. TRU on Mississippi had some Palmtalkers and Shirtless Maul last week. For like a day.

K-Mart on Colfax & Chambers is a great store for Star Wars stuff.

Jayspawn
12-07-2001, 02:09 AM
I just the Sandtrooper wave at Target in off Mississippi & Abeline. I also picked up a dirty Scout Trooper at K-Mart on Colfaxt last week too. I'll be really happy if these two start showing up more in mass!

vulcantouch
12-07-2001, 02:08 PM
. . .buncha bitter, clenched scalpers w/personality disorders, every last One of em :p i like to take advantage of their considerable ignorance every chance i get :D

darth egg
12-08-2001, 03:59 PM
hey everybody(DR.nick) well new here but been to many forums...so lets get started ...the super k-mart on colfax and kipling..right around there has about 3-4 case of the lando wave with a few black r2's floating around there some on the pegs and some up high...if you go look up for digimon or something there is about a case up there too so if your still lookin for the r2 he's there and happy to see you

Jayspawn
12-10-2001, 02:56 PM
Anyone find anything of the FX-7 wave? I've been looking like crazy. Where the hell are they?

Jayspawn
12-12-2001, 01:09 PM
Wal-Mart on Exposition & Abeline just got a bunch of 12" Dagobah Luke & Yodas. It's pretty damn cool too! Good detail. They had about 10 or so of them.

"I have got to get one of those."

darth egg
12-12-2001, 07:36 PM
nothing here in northwest side will post when i fine them

Jayspawn
12-19-2001, 12:26 AM
TRU in Aurora on Mississippi has TONS of Slave Leia and Amanamans! They're $10.99 a piece and well worth it!

I also picked up new Amidala at Wal-Mart on Abeline and Exposition. She was the only one there. No sign of the friends she came with.

darth egg
12-19-2001, 05:45 PM
hey guys the k-mart on 58th and kipling ..had two cases of delux wave 2 i got the amanaman .....he is very nice...so if you don't want to come to arvada check your k-marts for these

Jayspawn
12-22-2001, 01:39 AM
I saw the new LEGO sets at Targert on Abeline and Mississippi. They look pretty cool for LEGO.

Jayspawn
12-27-2001, 02:31 PM
Target has all kinda markdowns going on now. I need to pick up one of those Luke w/ Speederbikes soon.

mrhat
01-01-2002, 11:04 PM
Went out to See Lord of the Rings, (GREAT MOVIE) and got a last hurrah, and went shopping. went to Buckingham mall...:( then on to TOys R Us :( Then the final stop, Target, (wasnt expecting Much) To my suprise, two sets of 25th Anniversary 2 packs (Luke, Leia, Han and Chewey) No Vader Obi, yet, there is one set left (as of 4 today) they also have all the lego sets except Cloud Car and Jedi Defense 2.

Jayspawn
01-01-2002, 11:11 PM
Hi Mrhat! Thats a coincidence, because I went to Target today as well and picked up the last of the 25th Anniversary sets. One of these days we're going to run into eachother.

Jayspawn
01-08-2002, 12:29 AM
Mrhat, did I talk to you the other day at Target about Luke Speederbikes? Or was that somebody else?

mrhat
01-08-2002, 09:38 AM
I dont think so, at least that i remember, there werent any there when i went, the last time i was there was Sunday, when i picked up the ACloud Car and Jedi Defense 2 Lego's. We missed eachother by probobly 5 minutes.

r2dee2
01-08-2002, 03:02 PM
I found the new FX wave at WalMart on N. Academy in Colorado Springs.
The KMart Chapel Hills Mall had the deluxe Amanaman, Leia, Luke and Maul, plus some Lando and Tessek figures.
Target on S. Circle had a lot of the Luke X-wing and Han Bespin figures on clearance, as well as the latest 12" figures.
Borders has the Queen's Amulet on clearance for $3.99.

mrhat
01-08-2002, 08:01 PM
Iwas getting my hair cut at a little place called Harveys Hairstyling, off of Chambers, directly acrosss from K-Mart of Colafax/Chambers, stopped over, hoping, just maybe i would finally hit the jackpot (good luck with that one) anywho, went there, stopped in the star wars section closed my eyes breathed, and fell pale, Nothing i didnt already have, Tessek Wave, Some Army Builders Wave, and about 10 or so Deluxe Leias, which i had gotten a week earlier from my father, thats not the wired part, all they had were leias, no amanamans, none zilch, zero, you get the picture... So now i am bewildered by this Abundence of Leia's (no offence, it IS a cool set) an Not the other half of the wave, which i believe is packeged together with it... why must these toys elude me, STILL LOOKING FOR Amanaman, FX-7 WAVE, AND ZUTTON WAVE, HAVE WE BEEN FORGOTTEN DOWN IN THE MONTBELLO AREA? My luck might change come end of the month though, i am taking my Driving test on the 28th, and then i can go outside the circle... (Target,Mississippi-Wal-Mart,Commerce City,EverGreen, Exposition-K-Mart, Colfax, Aurora Mall) Oh by the way if you ever want to see me in person (like you ever would) i work at the Chick-Fil-A at the Aurora Mall im always there on saturdays, look for Patrick.

Obi-Dan Kenobi
01-08-2002, 11:05 PM
Here in Cincinnati the same thing happened. The Kmart near the resaurant I work at had about twelve Leia's one day, and no Amanamans (Amanamen?). The Leias sat there for a long time, and for some reason I never bought one, as cool as it is.:confused:

I like reading these Denver area posts, because I used to live in Aurora when I was a kid. Is Mile High Comics still at the Buckingham Mall?:)

vulcantouch
01-08-2002, 11:19 PM
see? don't it look like fun? (http://twinsuntimes.com/toyforce/vttime.htm) :)
hey r2, were them fx7s less than srp? if so you can get me one :D otherwise i can wait :)

odk: mhc moved outta buck about 1-2 years ago, now they're in a strip mall kinda across the street (havana) :sur:

r2dee2
01-08-2002, 11:56 PM
VT, I paid full price for the FX, but will keep an eye out for you for any clearance priced FX figures:)

VT, isn't there a Mile High Comics on Broadway too?

BTW, I'm having problems getting emails...for a week now......so should you need to contact me, a private message in the forum is the way to go;)

Next StarFest is 19 April. Not many guests confirmed yet, but Scott Bakula has been invited :cool:

I've only seen the Amanaman once, but have seen the other Leia, Luke and Maul Deluxe sets a number of times. Guess Mr. fridge will be the difficult one in that bunch.

Jayspawn
01-09-2002, 02:41 AM
I've still been on the hunt for the FX-7 wave. No luck yet. No sign on Zutton or Eeth yet either.

I didn't know there was a Mile High on Broadway? Is there? Theres one on Colorado Blvd I know.

vulcantouch
01-09-2002, 10:58 PM
but it was replaced years ago w/a mcchoke&puke. there's a comicstore in a stripmall at bway & ~littleton blvd, but i don't recall whether they're an mhc. "mile hi comix" can be a misleading term, cuz many stores that used to be part of that franchise no longer are (74th & federal, e. colfax, time warp, havana etc).

mrhat et al: see latest post here (http://sirstevesguide.com/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?postid=30284#post30284) :)
vt

Jayspawn
01-16-2002, 01:22 AM
Ok, this is getting annoying. Have ANY of you seen the Imperial Officer wave? I've been shopping everyday for weeks hitting every store in Aurora (and there are a LOT of stores in Aurora) and a bunch of stores in Denver and some, and not a damn thing! Where are they???

So if you have seen them, what store did you see them at? AHHHH!!! This Colorado dry spell sucks!

mrhat
01-16-2002, 09:59 AM
I got the Amanaman at the aurora target, but my spies have not come across any of the new waves (FX-7 and Zutton)

Dark Marble
01-17-2002, 01:43 PM
I have been searching like a madman here in boulder, and I haven't seen the FX-7 wave yet. Everyone is doing inventory and clearing out old stuff. I remember last year at this time looking for new figures and not finding anything until the begining of february!

I have found the 25th ann. luke/leia and han/chewy, and leia and amanaman deluxe though. I hate this time of year. New stuff is out there boys and girls, we just aren't getting it. :cry:

Jayspawn
01-18-2002, 07:41 PM
I went shopping today and hit up almost every store in Colorado. You know what I found? NOTHING!

Jayspawn
01-25-2002, 03:33 PM
I went shopping today. NOTHING!

JetsAndHeels
01-25-2002, 04:03 PM
Hopefully my weekend run will be successful. Had success last weekend, and I am hoping it will continue. I know how you feel though, because I have wasted many a trip looking for toys and come up empty handed.
Patience, my friend.

Jayspawn
01-30-2002, 02:03 PM
NOTHING!!!!

mrhat
01-31-2002, 11:59 PM
Maybe not in the most cost effective way, actually, My father suprised me with them today, but i found the sticker tags, and they were from All-C's, and WOW, EXPENSIVE. THey do have quite a few of each of the FX-7 wave and the Zutton Wave, the Deluxe Wave, etc...

WOO-HOO!

SCORE!

Jayspawn
02-01-2002, 12:54 AM
I saw them at All C's as well, and hell yeah! Expensive says it all! Too bad the stores can't get them in.

Where the hell are they?!?!?!

mrhat
02-05-2002, 09:03 PM
K-Mart had the second deluxe wave, and the re-issue of the tessek wave, lots of those. Thats it

Jayspawn
02-06-2002, 01:46 PM
Yeah I saw those. I picked up an Amanaman to open cause witing for these new figures to show up is killing me! Come on Hasbro!

jdob
02-06-2002, 02:30 PM
Has anyone found anything new in Colorado Springs??? I don't go out every day of the week at all hours to look for stuff, but I probably go out once or twice during the week. There is NOTHING new to be found anywhere...

And what's up with the Toys R' Us??? They haven't even had a single peg dedicated to Star Wars in weeks if not months...

This is getting very frustrating...

r2dee2
02-11-2002, 08:02 PM
jdob, what in particular are you looking for? The Springs is pretty sparse, since we have an active scalper in our area. There is a convention coming up in Denver the 19th of April, so he is stocking up to sell things there. I did just see the 25th Anniversary sets (all 3) at Walmart on North Academy, but no figures. Target on North Academy also has the Anniversary sets, but none of the "new" figs yet. Target seems to be the best bet for the FX wave. I've seen a few of the old Lando wave at KMart on North Nevada and a few at Media Play. Good luck.

Jayspawn
02-11-2002, 10:25 PM
Ok I found ONE thing. I picked up the 25th Anniversary Darth Vader & Obi-Wan Kenobi set at Wal-Mart on Alameda & Exposition.

Now where is the F-X7 wave!?!?!?!

jdob
02-13-2002, 12:35 PM
I have not been able to find any of the FX wave or Eeth Koth & Zutton. I did pick up the Han & Chewie and Luke & Leia 25th Anniversary Sets at Target a week or so ago - Have not seen the Darth & Obi yet, so I may have to run up to Wal-Mart and see if there are any of those left...

I actually called the Wal-Mart near Chapel Hills Mall and talked to some woman in the Toy Department. I asked her what the heck was going on with them having NO Star Wars toys in weeks and weeks. She said that they were not going to be getting anything or putting anything out until the new movie comes out. Probably not very dependable info, but thats what she said...

I have been thinking about just buying some assortment cases on-line. The pricing works out to be about the same as buying them at retail and it ends the frustration of looking for new stuff and finding nothing trip after trip...

r2dee2
02-13-2002, 04:19 PM
I'm not surprised that the N. Academy Walmart won't be putting new figures out until Ep II. They have not had much in the SW line for a LONG time. They hadn't even put the toys out for the Episode I midnight sale until AFTER people started milling around waiting for the new figs.
I've had more luck at the Walmart and Target in Castle Rock. The Walmart in Castle Rock had the Ben/Vader 25th set about a week ago. The Target in Castle Rock had the FX wave at that time. I haven't seen the 2 newest figs yet.

I belong to a small collecting group here in the Springs, and several of the guys swear by NewForce. Good price and they are friendly.
My collecting group (http://www.twinsuntimes.com/toyforce/jedicouncil.htm) ... I'm the only female in the group.

Emperor Howdy
02-14-2002, 05:06 AM
... I'm the only female in the group.

...........SWEET!!...........oh.

jdob
02-14-2002, 10:36 AM
You don't happen to live in the Springs do you??? I have seen a green Camaro once with a Star Wars License Plate - I can swear that it was r2dee2...But maybe not...

I have also seen an older Mustang (67-68 I think) in the Springs with a Star Wars License Plate that read PADAWAN...

I have an old orange Bronco with a NC plate that reads SNDCRWLR (Sandcrawler). And my Mustang that is still home in NC reads LNDSPDR (Landspeeder)...

I went up to Wally World yesterday after work and was able to pick up one of the Vader & Obi 25th Anniversary Sets - Thanks for the info on that!!!

r2dee2
02-14-2002, 11:15 AM
Yes, I live just a few miles north of the Springs, however, no SW license plate on my car...I have my ham radio license on my plate instead...it's free:D Cool on your license plates !! I'll keep an eye out for you :)
Glad you found the Ben/Vader. Don't think you are into the variations, but if you are, the first sets of all three 25th Anniversary sets have a little sticker on the back and they have now all be released without the sticker. It's VERY minor and there is no difference in the figures themselves.

Jayspawn
02-16-2002, 11:53 AM
SCORE! I finally picked up Zutton and Eeth Koth at TRU on Mississippi. It's about damn time something showed up. There was two of each, one lucky person will get the one of each that are left. AND at Wal-Mart on Abeline there were a bunch of the Lando wave including about 5 R2-Q5s.

Hopefully at least a few more stores will put out more stuff before the storm of Episode II.

mrhat
02-16-2002, 12:28 PM
SCORE! thats cool for you Jay, i finally was awoken with the Darth/Obi 2 pack by my bedside. YEAH!!! now i just have to wait to get the Boshek wave, the preview figs and the initial wave of 14 episode 2 toys!!!!!

jdob
02-21-2002, 03:16 PM
I should be receiving my case of 3-Each of the FX-7 wave in a week or so. I plan on keeping two sets (One to open and one to keep in the package), so I will have one extra set of four. If possible I would like to trade my extra set of one each of the FX-7 wave for one each of the Teebo wave. It's OK if its four of mine for three of yours - no big deal. If anyone is interested let me know. Thanks...

And always remember - Poachers GO TO HELL... :)

vulcantouch
02-23-2002, 11:53 AM
they got more than they know what to do with at the evans & federal kmart :crazed:

Jayspawn
02-25-2002, 02:02 PM
They have more WHAT then they know what to do with? Any sign of AT-ST or Sneak Peak figures or LEGOs? TRU on Mississippi changed their Star Wars section around a little for more figures. This could be a good sign.

jdob
02-26-2002, 12:19 AM
I received my case of the FX-7 wave today. If anyone is interested in trading one of each of this assortment for one of each of the Teebo wave please let me know. If nobody local is interested in trading I will also consider selling the set of four at retail cost plus shipping. Please let me know, if I don't hear from anyone within the next couple weeks I will have to resort to Ebaying them... :(

Jayspawn
02-26-2002, 12:04 PM
Jdob, I sent you a message regarding extra figures. Write soon!

r2dee2, are you the girl in your picture?

Jayspawn
03-03-2002, 01:00 AM
TRU on Mississippi has the Imperial Officer Wave!!! LOTS of them too!!! I walked in tonight and almost had a heart attack! Get em soon before they're gone!

Emperor Howdy
03-03-2002, 03:11 AM
Jayspawn, to my understanding she's the Biker Scout on the right.....:kiss:

mrhat
03-03-2002, 09:18 PM
I found the Jedi Starfighter Lego at Wal-Mart in Aurora, they had quite a few left, get your first offical Attack of the Clones merchandise!!!

Jayspawn
03-03-2002, 10:01 PM
Which Wal-Mart in Aurora? The one on Abeline? How much was it? What mini figs does it come with?

mrhat
03-04-2002, 02:11 PM
The one right by Gart Sports and Aurora Mall, off of Exposition

It comes with Obi-Wan

haggie
03-04-2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Jayspawn
TRU on Mississippi has the Imperial Officer Wave!!! LOTS of them too!!! I walked in tonight and almost had a heart attack! Get em soon before they're gone!

Haven't been keeping up with the new figure assortments. What figures are in this wave?

Jayspawn
03-04-2002, 02:36 PM
The wave with the Imperial Officer includes Rebel Trooper, FX-7 and Queen Amidala (Royal Decoy). And its a great wave too!

Jayspawn
03-05-2002, 11:24 AM
Ok I saw the LEGO Jedi Starfighter. But I passed on the principals that it was $19.95, it would seem a little small when assembled, and the Obi-Wan minifig looks off. I think it's his hair. His hair is just wrong!

Now, the LEGO sets that have Yoda and the Tusken Raiders I'll definatly get.

Jayspawn
03-07-2002, 11:54 AM
FYI, new Forum member and Colorado collector iguanabytes has picked up all 4 of the Sneak Peak figures at Wal-Mart in Lakewood off Wadsworth.

The Hunt Is On!

Jayspawn
03-07-2002, 04:27 PM
Wal-Mart in Aurora on Abeline and Exposition HAS TONS of the Sneak Preview Episode II figures!!!!! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO! GO!

I picked up one of each. They're sweet!

mrhat
03-07-2002, 10:10 PM
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... TONS? They had 3 Zam Wessels and One Yellow Droid, NO JANGO, NO CLONE TROOPER!!!!!!!!!!!! i got what they had, one zam, and one yellow droid, i hope they recieve more.............

Jayspawn
03-07-2002, 10:59 PM
They will mrhat, they will. TRU and Target should be getting them soon anyways. Well maybe not Target, they've had the same figures for months on end.

mrhat
03-07-2002, 11:08 PM
I know, It is so hard to get someone to help you find something in the back, i was walking around for 20 minutes trying to find the ever elusive manager. I will go out tomorrow morning, before school, and see if they restocked

vulcantouch
03-08-2002, 12:51 AM
it's kinda funny they're callin these "preview figs" cuz ep2 is only 2 months away. ep1's "preview" stap & af gian speeder came out like 8 months before :rolleyes: anyhoo maybe i'll trade clone for a jango if the latter ends up bein too htf.
also, about a dozen $7 r2q5s at biggs hypermarket, in case anyone still needs. also, $20 3po masterpeice book/figure at westminster mall waldenbook, and coupla $9 cold-weather quigons at same mall's suncoast-
vt

Jayspawn
03-11-2002, 02:19 PM
There seems to be an overabundence of the Lando wave around. Too bad Hasbro didn't release more when everybody wanted them.

What did you guys think of the new Preview? I thought it was awesome! Can't wait!

mrhat
03-11-2002, 04:26 PM
The trailer was AWESOME! lando seems to pop up all over the place, maybe in anticipation of Billy coming in..

Jayspawn
03-12-2002, 11:46 AM
OUCH, All C's has the Imperial Officer wave for a $20 a piece! Not to mention FX-7 for $30! I'm glad I buy my figures in the store.

mrhat
03-12-2002, 06:25 PM
Ouch! dang, did they even have the Episode 2 stuff yet?

ces
03-12-2002, 07:21 PM
Hey everyone. I'm new to this forum and just wanted to say hi. I stopped by All C's yesterday, and they did not have any episode II figures. I have only found a single Clone Trooper at Wal-mart in Castle Rock. I have been trying to hit three stores a day the past few weeks and have not seen anything else.

mrhat
03-12-2002, 07:27 PM
Do they just hit and then are gone forever!

Jayspawn
03-13-2002, 12:42 AM
Welcome ces! I'm Jayspawn, Its great to have another collector here in Colorado. Where abouts do you live?

ces
03-13-2002, 09:23 AM
Thanks a lot everyone. I am in Aurora, but I have a hard time finding anything there (too many collectors in my neck of the woods) so I generally have to extend my search. Most everything that I find is at the Target off Clinton down by the DTC.

Jayspawn
03-13-2002, 02:15 PM
Thats cool that you're in Aurora ces. So am I. Have pretty good luck with stores here. Maybe I'll run into you sometime.

ces
03-14-2002, 08:49 PM
So is anyone else planning on going to the Star Wars Celebration II in May?

Jayspawn
03-14-2002, 10:57 PM
I'd love to go, but I have no way of getting there!

BTW, I picked up the AT-ST w/ Speeder Bike at TRU in Aurora on Mississippi tonight. It was the last one but I'm sure they'll have more soon! The Paploo figure looks pretty cool. They also had all 3 Anniversary sets there. Lots of those! Keep an eye on TRU.

mrhat
03-14-2002, 11:36 PM
I got the Jango and Clone troop (from my dad) he got them at All C's for like 10 bucks a pop! they are awesome!

Jayspawn
03-14-2002, 11:45 PM
$10 is a good price, especially if it's from All C's. Every now and then they have good deals.

mrhat
03-14-2002, 11:47 PM
More like once every century!

ces
03-15-2002, 10:55 AM
I generally refer to All C's as "All Fee's" They have very inflated prices, but I guess if they can get somebody to pay those prices. On some of the older figures you can get pretty good deals. I bought 2-1B from them for my Bacta Luke for $3.

mrhat
03-15-2002, 02:39 PM
Yeah, they finally did lower the price on things they had tons of, even POTJ, but that new stuff sets you back!

ces
03-16-2002, 10:33 PM
I hit 7 stores today and had no luck finding the Jedi Starfighter.

mrhat
03-17-2002, 12:16 AM
I do not expect those to show up here, not until the Episode 2 stuff hits in april, or you can get it at StarFest, like 3 days before they come out...

Jayspawn
03-19-2002, 11:49 AM
If they are coming out early, I'm sure we'll see them in the next week or two somewhere.

mrhat
03-19-2002, 05:29 PM
Your probobly right, i hope they do though!

haggie
03-21-2002, 04:29 PM
Finally! The worst Wal-Mart in Denver has the Preview figures! Anybody who is still in need, go to the Wal-Mart at 38th and Youngfield. They have about 4 of each left as of 2 PM on thursday.

ces
03-21-2002, 07:34 PM
Hey guys, I just found the Jedi Starfighter in Castle Rock. They have three left. They also have the Teebo wave for anybody who is still looking. They had about two cases worth, but they were all pretty banged up. The Jedi Starfighters are in the middle of the action figure isle; I almost missed them. They are not by the main Star Wars action figure pegs.

mrhat
03-22-2002, 12:20 AM
It looks like we have ended our dryspell, after all this time!

Jayspawn
03-22-2002, 11:14 PM
It's about time too. I picked up the Bo Sheck wave at KB today. I got a set to open. They're cool! If ces found the Jedi Starfighrter in Castle Rock then it can't be faer behind elsewhere.

mrhat
03-23-2002, 12:04 AM
At the mall KBee? why o why did i have to not go to work this week?

Jayspawn
03-23-2002, 11:38 AM
Ooops. Yes at Aurora Mall. There was one set left which means it's probably gone. But they should be showing up elsewhere soon.

mrhat
03-23-2002, 02:06 PM
Yep they arient there anymore, all they had was same old same old!

ces
03-24-2002, 11:57 AM
The Aurora Wal-mart had two Jango Fetts but that was it last evening. I don't know if they were returns, but they did not have any of the other figures.

DarkArtist
03-24-2002, 01:31 PM
The walmarts in New Jersey have been stocked with the at least two of the Preview figures, R3-T7 and Zam Wessel. I was alos able to find a Bo-Shek figure but none of his freinds.
Still looking for R4-M9 as well as Jango Fett and the Clone Trooper. Ordered both Jango and the Clone from the official fan club but they are limiting orders to only two and as of today were sold out.
As far as Lego have only been able to find the Jedi Starfihter and some of the older lego sets.
However, I was able to find the two Spiderman sets at a local walmart. I know they have nothing to do with Star Wars but they are still cool sets to own.
Less than two months to go before history is made again. :D

Jayspawn
03-25-2002, 04:12 PM
FYI, I just picked up 12" AOTC Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin at Wal-Mart in Aurora on Abeline! They didn't have Clonetrooper though. Looks like Wal-Mart made an uh-oh! They were $19.95.

I'll be doing a review of 12" Obi-Wan in the Reviews section soon.

mrhat
03-26-2002, 11:20 AM
Dang! I went to Wal_mart yesterday, like 1:30 in the afternoon, and all they had was like 10 KetWols, and 2 each of the Luke/Leia, and Chewey/Han 2 packs. What Time did you go Jay? maybe they took them off the shelf, unless of course they were not in the same place as they are usually. Were they Jayspawn. Also, i got the Electronic Darth Maul Lightsaber for like 10 bucks at KB for starfest, oh they had the 3 big lego sets (sith infultrator, Mos Espa Pod Race, and Gungan Sub) for DEEP discounts, all they have currently is Many Duro wave cases, some 25th ann. 2 packs, Jabba Glob, and Comm Tech readers for "pennies a day"

Jayspawn
03-26-2002, 11:38 AM
I think I was at Wal-Mart around 2 or little after 3. I'm going to keep checking back because of other people picking up EP2 figures early, so you never know. I'll check my reciept for the time. I'm kinda curious myself.

ces
03-27-2002, 09:35 AM
Hey Jay, you want to give the two AOTC 12" figures to me. (Just seeing if a Jedi mind trick will work on you.)

If anyone is still in need of the AT-ST, TRU at Park Meadows had 8 of them yesterday afternoon. I hit 5 Wal-marts yesterday hoping to be as lucky as Jay, but had no such luck. I went to one Wal-mart that was so bad that they still had 12" Ponda Baba and 12" Watto's for $21.95. Scary

On a side note, yesterday I received my first Fact Files from England. They are really cool. If anyone has been thinking of getting them, but hold off, I would do it. I got two fact files, the binder, a 25th anv hat, mouse pad and a poster of the planets in the star wars galaxy. One interesting note is that the two new planets for AOTC are right next to Tatooine. I don't know if anyone in this thread is spoiler sensative, so I won't reveal the names.

mrhat
03-27-2002, 10:34 AM
HEADS UP PEOPLE! One of my friends spotted an Episode 2 Battledroid at Wal-Mart in Evergreen, along with the jedi Starfighter, they are probobly gone by now though. maybe i wa there too early!

ces
03-27-2002, 09:54 PM
The Wal-Mart in Aurora had the AOTC sneak peak figures again today.

Also (SPOILER WARNING!!!) If you are interested in seeing a portion of the Star Wars map I talked about in my last post, follow the link below.

mrhat
03-27-2002, 10:01 PM
That map is cool, it's a strange coincidense that EVERYTHING is by tattoine, whats up with that!

ces
03-28-2002, 09:16 AM
Looking at the full map, I realized that every plant except Coruscant is by the outer rim.

mrhat
03-28-2002, 09:58 AM
so in actuallity the queens starship didn't last that long after being shot at, interesting.

Jayspawn
03-28-2002, 01:32 PM
I think the map is wrong. Tatooine is supposed to be a remote planet with twin suns.

ces
03-28-2002, 11:25 PM
The full map represents the entire galaxy with the planets just plopped down to represent the general area of each planet's solar system. The map was way too big to scan the entire thing. There is a picture of a spiral galaxy with Tatooine way on the outskirts.

Has anyone been lucky enough to find the Tie Bomber or snow speeder yet. I heard that they were in Pheonix the other day.

mrhat
03-28-2002, 11:53 PM
I suppose the map is probobly shrunk to fit the pages, but in other news, i found the Hasbro Jedi StarFighter, but what makes it so wierd firstly is where i got it from, K*B Toys & Hobby at Aurora Mall, Secondly, after seeing it there on the shelf, knowing i did not have enough, hid on the tippy top of the same shelf, in kinda a good view for 7.5 hours (1pm to about 7:30pm) without ANYONE finding it, i got home, got the cash, ran back, ran in, and to my astonishment, it was still there, but here is the real shocker, i got it for $21.99, plus Colorado 7.45% tax. so it came out to a pleasent $23.63, heck even the lego is like 19.99!

I love KB toys (well actually most of the time, it has nothing)

Jayspawn
03-29-2002, 01:13 AM
KB Toys at Aurora Mall aparently has been good latley. I picked up the BoShek wave there a week or so ago. And you just got the Starfiguter there. All C's has the Jedi Starfighter for $29.99, no way! I'm not paying that much for it!

KB probably doesn't know that they are supposed to hold onto those things until the Episode II release date.

ces
03-29-2002, 09:20 AM
Hey Jay,
If you get this in time, www.newforcecomics.com has the jedi starfighter for $19.99 which is the price I paid at Wal-Mart. This is lower than the cost TRU and Target are going to supposibly charge.

mrhat
03-29-2002, 10:39 AM
it is wierd, the one i got was the only one i saw there all day, maybe they fluked, and there are probobly lots o good E2 toys back there, but they read the release date, and just put out the fighter, maybe if a clueless employee were to be asked, they might just pull them out for you, hmm...

ces
03-29-2002, 06:57 PM
I think that this is why Wal-Mart has had more items slipping out, Wal-mart eployees seem to be a little slower on the uptake when compared to other stores. I do have to admit that I am biased because I have had so many negative interactions with Wal-mart employees. A few weeks ago I was verbally accosted by a manager just becuase I was an adult in the toy section.

(As a side note, never wear a denim shirt to TRUs. You will be swarmed with questions by little kids and Hot Wheel hunters.):p

haggie
03-29-2002, 07:36 PM
I have to agree about Wal-Mart. It is the single worst shopping experience you can get out of a large chain store. I have had some assinine experiences with emplyees myself (although I'm sure there are, nice, bright people that work in there somewhere... probably in the towells or someplace that I never shop). My biggest beef with the store, however is the amount of bins plugging the isles. Walking through Wal-Mart is an exercise in not accidentally knocking over old ladies, or getting run over by somebody in an electric cart. There just isn't enough room to move. It's not worth the 10 I save on every purchase to shop there. A little off-topic, but Wal-Mart just brings out the anger in me. Grrrrr...

DarkArtist
03-29-2002, 11:04 PM
I agrre with all of the negative feedback on Walmart. While occasionaly you may find a rare figure or sneak preview toy before others it is still one of the worst stores for exclusives....:eek: :eek:
I mean I know that two of the coolest ships willbe there exclusives but that also means few if any product. I don't even remember seeing any of the store exclusives on the shelfs. :cry: :cry:
I just finally got both of the holographic figures from ebay. It looks like i am most likely going to have to buy the TIE Bomber and Hoth Peril sets from ebay as well. :mad: :mad:
Don't get me wrong I have nothing against ebay but just for once I would like to go into the store and find the exclusives on the shelfs. So far the only store that I have been to find exclusives on is Toys R Us. :frus: :frus:
If this trend of store exclusives continues the stores themselves might as well take stock in ebay. I still have yet to find a reasonable priced Skiff or Y-Wing. :frus: :frus:
Store exclusives while great for the collectible markt are frustrating to the consumer. I feel that if a store is going to carry an exclusive ship or figure the store should order enough so the supply doesn't run out after five minutes and stores should limit the number on buyer can purchase.

vulcantouch
03-29-2002, 11:13 PM
. . .target's kinda cool, k-mart's cheesy and knows it, but whenever i walks into a wm it always feels like the median iq of the people around me has dropped almost as much as the oppressive jingoistic vibe in the air has risen :p
has the following been reported here yet? park meadows tru had a buncha atst/spdrbk/paploo sets as of yesterday-
vt

mrhat
03-29-2002, 11:47 PM
Target is the best place to get Exclusives, at least in recent years, they have a relitivly good amount of that product (although that y-wing i never found, had to but loose at a show) TRU, i NEVER see their STAR WARS Exclusives, and Wal-Mart, is well, like the one stop shop for everyone and their mothers, i cannot believe the looks i get in the toy asile for being a 17 year old, and searching their asiles for that hidden treasure that never seems to be there. K-Mart, i live right by one, i swear it is like the Wal-Mart of Montbello, it is swarmed every time, however i have had some good finds there. Deluxe, Dirty Scout, etc... Too bad they will probobly never have an exclusive due to its bankrupcy:(

Jayspawn
03-30-2002, 04:52 PM
Toys'R'Us on Mississippi has TONS of the Episode II Preview figures and a lot of AT-Sts for those who still need them.

mrhat
03-30-2002, 05:21 PM
HEY, for once thaty have TONS of stock for Not a Ton of money!

Jayspawn
03-30-2002, 09:11 PM
OK, I checked up on TRU's stock and some wise guy scalped all the Clonetroopers. Either that or they are just popular with everybody. I picked up a Zam to open.

mrhat
03-30-2002, 11:31 PM
Those things seem to be popular, TOO popular if you ask me. But i am sure they will end up on All C's Hooks.

Jayspawn
04-02-2002, 12:23 PM
TRU got more Sneak Peak figures in, incliding many Clonetroopers yesterday. They seem to be stocking them pretty well.

I saw the LEGO sets with Yoda and Tusken Raiders at Wal-Mart on Abeline. But we all know that Wal-Mart, it's like trying to walk through Vietnam!

ces
04-03-2002, 05:11 PM
Walmart on Abeline had the Snow Speeder today. As of 2:00 PM they had one left. If you go, and they do not have any left, go to the Castle Rock Walmart; if you have time. I have noticed that they put out the same stuff in larger quantities on the same day that the Abeline Walmart does. That is how I got the Jedi Starfighter and the Sneak Preview wave.

Still no sign of the Tie Bomber.

mrhat
04-03-2002, 11:51 PM
cool!

Jayspawn
04-04-2002, 01:09 AM
Oh man that sucks. I was going to go to Wal-Mart on Abeline too. I'll have to keep my eye out then.

Jayspawn
04-04-2002, 03:51 PM
Target on Abeline has all their Star Wars stuff sitting on clearence. They have TONS of Ketwols and Shmi, Deluxe figures and Anniversary packs. Prices arn't too bad. Good time to get some openers.

mrhat
04-04-2002, 05:09 PM
Hmm, now if only they would stock NEW items...

ces
04-04-2002, 05:27 PM
The Target on Buckley has gotten rid of all of their Star Wars selection for the time being. It looks like Target stores are getting ready for April 23.

I went to the Walmart on Abeline today with the hope that I would find the Tie Bomber. Imagine my surprise when I found a case of Episode II Assort 1 wave 1 on the shelf. I was so excited. I also found the Tusken Raider and Yoda Lego sets that Jay talked about the other day. I took them to the cashier and they would not scan. The Scanner said "Cannot be sold." I played dumb, knowing full well why it was saying this. She grabbed a manager who tried to explain that they are all defective and must be sent back to Hasbro. Goes to show how clueless they are at that Walmart. They asked me to show them where I had found them. I walked the manager back and showed her.
Someone else must have known this would happen, because during this time they had opened and Obi-wan, Padme, and Anakin and shoplifted the figures. I watched as they put the rest of the figures and Legos in a plastic bin and walked off with them. Some Lucky theif scored themselves a few of the new figure.

While at All C's I over heard one of the workers talking that they had gotten all three of the Tie Bombers from Walmart yesterday. So overall a pretty bad day of hunting.

ces
04-04-2002, 05:29 PM
Oh one more thing, I did not show the manager the Lego Yoda sets that were on top of the Shelves mixed with other Lego sets, so if anyone else would like to try their luck.
Jay you are so lucky to find the stuff you did, when you did.

mrhat
04-05-2002, 12:02 AM
Kaybee toys had a whole bunch of cases of the preview figures! all of them were there, not like anyone is missing them though!

ces
04-06-2002, 07:41 PM
The Walmart on Abeline has put out the EII lego sets again, but this time on the top shelf with a note taped to them saying, cannot be sold. If you go to the end of the isle, towards the garden area, you can look at the Zam Wessel, Anakin, and Obi Wan set. It is actually pretty cool. Next to it is the Super Battle droid.

Did anyone else down load the EII sound track (the link is on the main page)? It is really cool. I don't have high speed internet, so it took 7 hours to get all of the tracts, but worth it.

mrhat
04-07-2002, 12:06 AM
I tried to buy the Yoda/Dooku set, "not realising" it was not able to be sold, i could not buy it, o well, April 23rd.

ces
04-07-2002, 10:48 AM
I was told that Walmart on Abeline had two cases of the Tie Bomber and Snowspeeders yesterday. So last evening I went to check on it. I looked though about a hundred boxes with no luck, but I did find something interesteing. Over by the bike section, there were several boxes full of AOTC collectible trading card games. Now I am not to into the cards, but I wanted to see if I could get them to ring one AOTC thing for me early. And it actually worked. They are expensive at $3.95 for ten cards.
I have retyped this twice, so I will out the scan of the item in my next post.

Jayspawn
04-07-2002, 08:03 PM
Wal-Mart on Abeline seems to be getting stuff in on days when I don't go there. Haha.

mrhat
04-07-2002, 08:52 PM
That happens to me all too often, although at the Wal-Mart in Evergreen had a sign that said "Coming Exclusivly to Wal-Mart, Episode 2 Attack of the Clones toys on April 23rd" Or something like that, my dad saw it, i didnt.

ces
04-10-2002, 02:20 PM
It has been really slow lately. My Parents was able to get the Tie Bomber for me while they were vacationing in Texas. Sorry that I have not gotten the scan up of that collectible card game, but every time I try it, I get bumped from my schools server. I am sure most of you have found what I was talking about anyway; the Walmart on Buckley has half of the action figure pegs full of them now.
:D A little less than two weeks now.:crazed:

mrhat
04-10-2002, 05:04 PM
Theres a Wal-Mart on Buckley? thats new to me. They have it, but cannot sell it, unless they punch it in manually.

Jayspawn
04-10-2002, 05:38 PM
Of course thers a Wal-Mart on Buckley. It's right across the street from Target. Good shopping area too. You can hit 2 birds with one stone. If they have things that is.

mrhat
04-10-2002, 11:47 PM
O okay, ill have to get there sometime (god am i out of date, or out of wack, which ever)

Hey Ces, R2, Vulcantouch, etc..

Me and Jayspawn here are planing to meet at Starfest at 5 on friday night so we dont miss the dealer room action, who else is coming? i would love to meet you all! Email Me! (Dalla12@aol.com)

vulcantouch
04-11-2002, 11:42 AM
dee2, warstar, b'jr & i have met on con fridays in years past, maybe we can do it this time too :)

Jayspawn
04-11-2002, 12:56 PM
Sounds great! This year should be pretty exciting!

mrhat
04-11-2002, 05:20 PM
Hey Vulcantouch, havent seen you post in a while, In case you havent read the Starcon Post from Jay. But me and him are meeting at a table by the bar right by the door, at 5 as it said, whoever gets there first will have a noticible large item on the table, so we can find eachother. Hope to see you there!

vulcantouch
04-12-2002, 01:15 PM
oh i post alla time, in gendiscuss, micromachines & the "other movies" forums, feel free to drop by them places :D but i havent' checked the conventions forum in months. anyhoo, i think it's good to arrange things right here on the fourms cuz it's easier to keep track of (& i need to minimize traffic in my overloaded emailbox whenever possible :eek: )
warstar's currently in montana, but let's see if we can convince haggie & ar2 (both on the mm forum) to meet us :)
vt

mrhat
04-12-2002, 03:43 PM
Ill go over to the Mm forum after this, i actually have a found! I BOUGHT the Epic Deuls Game from K-Mart on Colfax and Chambers, they also had the LIFE Star Wars version. I had no trouble getting them rungup, each game was 19.97, jedi Duels is COOL, 31 actual plastic characters, all fully painted! NEATO.

haggie
04-13-2002, 05:30 PM
Just went to K-Mart at 58th and Kipling. They have AOTC stuff on the shelves! Here's what they have:

100 piece puzzles $3 (really cool images but pretty small)
Count Dooku lightsaber $23
Anakin lightsaber $23
Slave 1 $30
Jedi Starfighter (didn't see price)

They also had all the Deluxe figures and half of them were incorrectly marked at $4.99 instead of the usual $10.99!

Count Dooku (flipping action; with spoiler name)
Obi-Wan (flipping action)
Mace Windu (with Battle Droid)
Jango Fett (removable armor and movie sounds)

Also found the AOTC games:

Star Wars Life $20
Star Wars Stratego $15
Epic Duels $20

ces
04-14-2002, 01:03 PM
Thanks a lot Haggie. I went to this dismal K-mart this AM and was able to buy the deluxe figures and Slave 1. I think the Jedi Starfighter was $24.99. I grabbed the miss marked figures ($4.99), but they still range up at $10.99 and the cashier would not over-ride. She said I could put them back if I did not like the price. (Kind of gruppy lady who was not happy to have customers this early on a Sunday.) If anyone is interested, they had at least five left of each figure, and about 6 Slave 1's and 4 Jedi Starfighters.
If you live in Aurora and don't know where the store is, just jump on 225 and get off on the Wadsworth exit. Go North on Wadsworth until you hit 58th. Turn Left (West). K-mart will be on your north side.

haggie
04-14-2002, 01:31 PM
Feels pretty good to get some AOTC early, doesn't it Ces? I really wanted to pick up the Slave 1 but I have to wait a little while. I just sent all my money to the IRS :(

Has anybody bought the Epic Duels game? I'm really curious to hear if it's any good.

ces
04-14-2002, 03:20 PM
Mr. Hat did. I would be interested in what you think of it Mr. Hat. I looked at the back of the box, and the game looked a little complicated.

mrhat
04-14-2002, 03:24 PM
I picked up the Epic Duels Game at K-Mart in Colfax & Chambers, i think its cool, here is a synopsis-

You have 12 teams each consisting of 2-3 characters from each movie, 31 fully painted micro-machine but bigger type figures. Each team has a card set, they have actions, defences, and attacks, and you can use them wanever you get them. There are 4 playing surfaces, Cloud City, Death Star, Kamino, and Geonosis. The point of the game is like one of those video games where you fight and whoever hits faster, harder and damages the charcter to death wins, there are several ways to play including a deathmatch type thing where the person with the last main character standing wins. I suggest it.

Jayspawn
04-16-2002, 12:57 AM
OH SO CLOSE!!!! I went into Wal-Mart on Abeline to see boxes of Episode II figures sitting on the shipping palet. So I pulled a box off to the side and opened it up. I took a Jango, Obi, Anakin and a Padme. The figures were ringing up "Sale Not Allowed." The cashier called a manager and she said that they couldn't sell them, she didn't know why. SO I saw them and I came close. They do look a LOT better in person. So now I have something more to look forward to for Midnight Madness.

ces
04-16-2002, 12:37 PM
My only concern about Walmart and this sale not allowed business is that they will not have it removed for next week. I can finding everything you want at a Walmart and the manager refusing to sell it because they are clueless.

ces
04-16-2002, 12:40 PM
Soory that last post was suppose to reas, "I can see finding..."

mrhat
04-17-2002, 11:35 AM
FYI, if you still need Teebo Wave, K-Mart on Chambers/Colfax has TONS of them, only one problem--- Bent, Horribly, every last one of them, if you want one to open, store price, for those who like MIMP sorry. thay also have Anniversary 2 packs, woo...

ces
04-17-2002, 12:37 PM
Hey Mr. Hat, I was just getting ready to say the same thing. Did you see them this morning? I was their at about 9:40 AM.

mrhat
04-17-2002, 02:01 PM
I was there around 9:15, i lloked, and i left.

mrhat
04-17-2002, 10:44 PM
HEY you spoiler fans, Barnes and Noble on Exposition (Right by Wal-Mart) had the Episode 2 graphic Novel for 17.95, of course i got one from there, they had one left, after i got mine, i have to say no smiles could describe it, if only a JAW DROP were here, that is the most beutiful Star Wars movie ever, it has it all, love, fighting, action, and lets not forget, JEDI, lots and lots of Jedi, finally yoda gets his fighting first! what a fight it is too!

Jayspawn
04-17-2002, 11:29 PM
Here's the deal with Midnight Madness here in Colorado. NEITHER TRU on Mississippi OR Park Meadows is doing it. Sucks! An employee me that the 1st MM was a bust so they are not doing it. What crap! My TRU for EPisode I sold everything!

Have you guys heard anything?

vulcantouch
04-17-2002, 11:56 PM
vt's starcon rendez plan:
first of all, my usual plan is to arrive ~5:15 with baal jr (pictured in link below) ~5:15pm, i go to willcall to pick up my tix, then i go see if i can infiltrate the dealer room before the hordes shove their way in at 6pm (i usually can). then i make multiple orbits in said room, comparing prices & doin trades, until about 7:30 pm. then maybe b'jr & i'll go watch AI or Freddy Got Fingered :crazed;
second of all, dis (http://twinsuntimes.com/toyforce/vttime.htm) is what i look like, so just keep yer eyes peeled & you'll spot me, in all my walkmanned glory :happy:
third, feel free to report in here (http://sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=65086#post65086) in case there's anythin you'd like me to pick up for you at scalpers before the con, in which case, Bring $$ in case i score you some bargains :D
friday morning'll be the last time i check in here b4 con, so plz post any rendez-details you want me to see before then-
vt

Jayspawn
04-18-2002, 12:57 AM
To vulcantouch, haggie, ces, r2dee2, and Dark Marble. Star Fest is upon us again! And it's looking to be a pretty great convention. Probably one of the best in a LONG time.

I, Jayspawn and mrhat are meeting on Friday of the convention in the lounge area at 5pm. It's by regestration as many of you know. We would like as many of you Colorado Star Wars Collectors to join us, and meet many of us for the first time. We will have a Star Wars toy of some kind sitting on the table so we can be easily recognized. If you're there and not sure who we are. Just ask! So let's meet and talk Star Wars!

I hope to see you guys there! MTFBWY!

haggie
04-18-2002, 01:25 AM
I wont be going to the convention but please let me know about future get-togethers.

Jayspawn
04-18-2002, 02:20 AM
Thats too bad haggie. But thanks for replying. We havn't forgotten you!

vulcantouch
04-18-2002, 11:51 AM
i might be able to get you in Free; lmk if interested & i'll get on it :D

haggie
04-18-2002, 01:12 PM
No difference. I'm just totally swamped with work right now so I'll need to work through the weekend. Thanks though!

mrhat
04-18-2002, 05:21 PM
Well that makes 3 of us, Hey if you read this before you go, maybe we should get those passes that Sir Steve is making, then we could recognise eachother even more, i am gonna ask for one, maybe it would be a good thing to have at all the coneventions...

vulcantouch
04-18-2002, 07:17 PM
if either of you haven't bought yer tix yet say so here, cuz if not i Might be able to get you in free :)

mrhat
04-18-2002, 07:52 PM
thanx, but i got mine last month! ;)

Jayspawn
04-19-2002, 06:17 PM
AAAHHHHHH!!!! I bought my weekend pass yesterday!!! How could you get in for free anyways?

Anyways, I hope to see you guys tonight!

r2dee2
04-19-2002, 10:15 PM
Have been offline for the last 2 months, so sorry for lack of response on my part, just got back online this evening.
Am planning on a trek up to the fest, but it will be on Sat. Really wanted to see Billy Dee Williams!! Sorry I missed the Friday meeting:(

mrhat
04-20-2002, 12:00 AM
Oh hey R2, nice to hear from you, we thought this one lady was you, but then we figured out it well wasn't... Me and Jay, and Touch met up and walked around for a good couple of hours. He went to meet all the guests, i left to go eat dinner, Billy will be there saturday, hopefully all day.

vulcantouch
04-20-2002, 06:44 PM
fun meetin & hangin w/you two, too bad b'jr needed to leave in a hurry eh :( anyhoo i posted a fuller report here (http://sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=67384#post67384) :)
vt

ces
04-21-2002, 01:07 PM
Hey all, sorry I missed out on meeting everyone. I had a ton to get done over the past few days and did not have time to check the boards. I hope you all had a great time and found somethings that you wanted without getting ripped off in the process. Less than two days, and hopefully we will all have substantially added to our respective collections. Good luck to everyone on Tuesday.:greedy:

ces
04-21-2002, 08:16 PM
K-mart in the DTC had the AOTC 3.75 figures out today. By the time I arrived they only had Captain Typho left on a badly damaged card. Oh well, K-mart is over-priced anway, but somebody got lucky.

mrhat
04-21-2002, 11:18 PM
I really hope Wal-Mart has the remainder i need on tuesday, Which is- jar-Jar, Nikto, Luminara, Taun We, Royal Guard, Dexter, Gronosian (sp?), Anikin Hanger, Sae Sae Tiin,the 4 deluxes, Slave 1, Ani's and Zam's Speeders, woo, 16 figs, o wait, Reek, 17... Please Wal-mart be my savior, This will be the death of me, i swear...

ces
04-23-2002, 12:20 PM
I hope that everyone was as lucky last night and this morning. I didn't start looking until 4 A.M. I went to the Commerce City Wal-mart frist, and found almost everything that I needed. I was able to get 24 of the 27 figures; all but Yoda, Geonosian Warrior, and Tusken Female. I then went to the Walmart off of Abelien and was able to find those figures and the 12" set. TRU in Aurora did not have the 12" Mace so I ordered it on line. Did the 12" Clone Troopers with rank marking come out at KB today? I didn't see any.

mrhat
04-23-2002, 10:14 PM
I went out, got all but Geonosian Warrior, Royal Guard, and Dexter Jetster. so i also got 24 of the 27. But i still dont have them, i went to that one too in commerce city, they had a whole bunch left even at 5:30 in the morning.

haggie
04-24-2002, 01:26 AM
I was at the Commerce City WalMart at midnight. I got one of every figure. There was plenty of everything to go around at the time. Dexter, Geonosian Warrior, and Royal Guard were in less quantity for sure. Tusken Raider, Shaak Ti, and Bob Fett were also limited but maybe it was just that way at that store. There were also a good number of Dooku's but apparently the scalpers grabbed all of the extras up last night because it's pretty hard to find one now.

ces
04-24-2002, 02:15 PM
I think the hardest figures to find from the launch waves will be Dexter, Geonosian Warrior, Yoda (as always), and Count Dooku. I went by TRU today in Aurora and it looked like they had already restocked; I don't think they put out all of their cases yesterday. Many of the figures that I saw there today had the cardboard behind the figure. Last evening, KB had many of the Geonosian warriors still, but I am not going to pay $2 extra for a figure.
Yesterday at the Walmart on Exposition, when I was checking out, the cashier totally went off on me. she said' "What is wrong with you. You are a grown man playing with toys. IF you have so much money to waste maybe you should be thinking of helping out people who can't feed theirkids like me...." This went on for about five minutes., and then she started getting nastey and curing at me. After I was done checking out I went to the manager of the store and told them about the situation. The manager said that she was sorry for the cashier cursing, but that she is entitled to her feelings, and that if I did not like it, I could go shop at another store.

haggie
04-24-2002, 03:09 PM
Good Lord, ces! I would have told that lady to go f*** herself. If she can't feed her kids then maybe she should go get a real job instead of working at WalMart. I have zero tolerance for people complaining about their lives instead of doing something about it. She especially had no right to do this to a paying customer. She's lucky she still has her WalMart job. She deserved to be written up, if not fired for pulling that kind of crap, and then how would she feed her kids. Sounds lke a reeeeeaaally smart lady.

ces
04-25-2002, 09:57 AM
I really wanted to press the issue, but I figured that she was just jealouse that there were hordes of Star Wars fans able to spend money when she cannot. I do admitt that I did want to smack her a good one, and if I could have used the force, I would have given in to the dark side and bopped her across the store.

ces
04-25-2002, 11:18 PM
My Mace Windu TRU exclusive arrived in the mail today. I was surprised at how quickly he arrived. He is pretty cool, but the smiley head sculped is a little disturbing. Now there are two Mace Windu 12" figures with Zero other council members made from the prequel era.

mrhat
04-25-2002, 11:21 PM
he looks cool, the first one was cool too, they kinda look alike though. one has a cloak the other doesn't.

Jayspawn
04-27-2002, 12:16 PM
Hi guys! Nice to meet mrhat and touch at the con. I picked up an Anakin (Hanger Duel), Nikto Jedi, Padme, Obi-Wan and Jango Fett at TRU the morning of the 23rd. There were a few Dookus, one Anakin Hanger which I got and a bunch of Geonosian Warriors also. Somebody snatched up all the Geonosians and Dookus. Well is doesn't matter anyways, soon they will be everywhere.

mrhat
04-27-2002, 09:33 PM
I got the Geonisis Warrior and Dexter Jettster at Sam Goody in the mall, now all i need is that cursed Royal Guard!

ces
04-28-2002, 12:26 AM
Hey, I don't know if anyone is interested, but I was visiting family in Greeley and stopped by the Walmart and Kmart there. Between the two of them, they had all of the Star Wars Jr. Line.

mrhat
04-28-2002, 11:14 AM
Neato, those will probobly be picked up by me after the 2nd onslaught of E2 toys aafter the movie comes out and we have a "dryspell" of toys for a while

Jayspawn
05-02-2002, 12:54 AM
I finally saw the Playschool sets at KB tonight. Not too bad looking. I may have to pick up a few.

mrhat
05-02-2002, 08:54 AM
yeah i saw those too, right before i went to work, they look cool, although KB isnt the best place to get them, im sure they will show up everywhere soon enough...:D

Jayspawn
05-04-2002, 11:47 AM
I've been doing a lot of shopping latley just to see what is getting restocked. I am in no means tired of the Episode II figures as I only have a few right now. I don't see and Dookus getting restocked yet, but they will be.

BTW, All'C's had the Imperial Guard and Taun We for $25 a pop. DON'T buy them from there, but they are worth a look. Impressive.

ces
05-04-2002, 01:56 PM
Hey all, I just got back from celebration II. It was okay, but I felt like I was paying for a giant commercial for Hasbro/Wizards of the Coast. I did not get into see any shows, because the rooms were so small. They day pretty much amounted to standing in line and trying to force your way through the crowds. I got in line at 7:30AM and was about a mile back from the front doors. I got in the building at 9:50AM and went right to the Fan Club store line and stood there for another hour and a half. I was about 7 people from the front when people around me found out that you could go to another line and pay cash to get the exclusive figure. I held the line while they went and when it was my turn I stepped out of line to go over and a security guard grabbed me and pulled me from the line saying that I was trying to cut. He told me that he was who I had answer to. He grabbed me by my arm and my landyard and told me if I didn't leave the room I would be kick out of the celebration. So then I had to go back to the end of the line which by now was much longer. After another hour I finally got the two figures and raced over to the line for the Opening event. Waited another hour and was then told that the room was full, but that they would repeat it at two fifteen. So I got back in line and stood for another hour and found out that it would mot be repeated. I was finally fed up and went to the dealer room and the prop room. The people from Hasbro were very nice. Over all I had fun in those rooms, and met many nice people, but it was not worth the trip. I really feel that the fan club should give everyone who went a free video tape of the event since most of us paid $30 to see promotions for products.

JediDan
05-04-2002, 08:06 PM
GEEZ sounds like nothing but standing around.. Looks like we're not missing anything EXCEPT the chance to own that exclusive figure. Glad I didn't go. Sorry to hear your trip wasn't the best.

Jayspawn
05-05-2002, 02:04 AM
That sucks ces. I'm glad you got the figure though. I would have liked to get one. Did you fly there or drive?

mrhat
05-05-2002, 11:16 AM
Dang, that is just sucky, you were in a hasbro commercial, and you paid to do it, and these webmasters got to see that stuff early, for free, AND get a free figure which the fan club re-sold for 12 bucks!

ces
05-05-2002, 02:51 PM
Hey Jay, I flew, so this waste of a trip cost me about $1000. I was hoping to get more figures to bring back for people who could not go, but I could not handle standing in that line again. In retrospect, I would gladly pay a scalper $100 dollars for it. Way cheapper and a lot less time spent standing in line. It was like Disney land in hell. We were jocking in line that we were basically paying to stand in line.
I wrote the fan club to let them know what happened and asked them to help fix the situation. They probably won't but we'll see.
Also, did you guys hear that the new waves of collection I and II are out in many states and in England, so we should be seeing them at any time now.
I talked to the Hasbro reps while I was visiting hell and they told me that the figures that we saw on the poster should all be available through summers end, and that there were several more on the way. They also said that they threw in the rebel soldier disguised as a biker scout in the latest fan choice as kind of a joke since people are always asking for obsure figures. They decided that this was the most obscure of them all.
Ephant Mon (however you spell his name) is huge, I don't know how they are going to get him on a regular card. I thought for sure that he would be a deluxe figure, but they said he was part of the basic collection.
I also was able to buy a vinyl version of TPM OST. To get it, you had to buy all four of the E-II CD's. I now have an extra of the Yoda cover if anybody is intrested in buying or trading for it.

ces
05-06-2002, 02:44 PM
Wal-mart off Abeline has several Yodas, Hangar Duel Anakins, Taun We, and Luminara. I only saw two Red guards, I bought one and handed the other to another man who was looking through the pegs. They also did not have any Count Dooku.

netsolo
05-06-2002, 06:54 PM
Has anyone had any luck at the Castle Rock, Parker Wal-Marts and/or the Park Meadows TRU? I'm heading back home to Colorado this week from college in LA (where out here everyone is still searching for Dookus, Luminaras, and Royal Guards). And was hoping to hit up some of the old haunts.

r2dee2
05-06-2002, 09:55 PM
As of a few days ago there wasn't much at TRU in Park Meadows...or Target and Walmart in Castle Rock. :(

Jayspawn
05-07-2002, 01:35 AM
I work in Park Meadows so I hit up the TRU there a lot. They havn't had anything special. Just stuff that everybody has.

Hey ces, I was at Wal-Mart on Abeline today as well. I picked up a Red Clonetrooper and a Senator Jar Jar. I missed the Yodas by like 2 minuets. A Mom snatched up ALL the ones they had left. I also noticed there were no Dookus. I'm glad that the Royal Guard is showing up in stores in our area now.

Have any of you guys picked up the TIE Bomber yet. I have the Snowspeeder already. I chatted with a couple of other casual Star Wars collectors and they also have not found it.

Jayspawn
05-07-2002, 06:16 PM
Oops! Dopy me! I went into TRU at Park Meadows and found TONS of Yoda, Count Dooku, Zam Wessel and Clonetroopers. There had to be about 30 or so Dookus and Yodas. It was pretty cool seeing them all there. There were no Mace Windus though. We won't be too far behind.

netsolo
05-07-2002, 07:17 PM
Jayspawn- no way!!! They'll probably be completely gone by the time I get home this weekend from California. But at least I know that the TRU Park Meadows is getting them in mass quantities!

Jayspawn
05-07-2002, 07:32 PM
Don't worry. Yes they will probably be gone but they will start showing up soon enought for everyone else.

ces
05-07-2002, 07:50 PM
I have only seen one Tie Bomber, and that was on the 23. They are suppose to be packed in the same case as the snow speeders. They must just get picked up immediately or the store workers must grab them. I cannot believe that there are 37 figures available now.
In about 10 minutes at 6:00 PM CNN is airing Live from Skywalker Ranch

ces
05-09-2002, 11:08 PM
I have been checking about 5 stores a day in AUrora this week and no luck. It appears that most stores are only restocking with the initial cases. Oh well hopefully they get out all of the old stock so that we can start getting new products.

Jayspawn
05-10-2002, 12:50 AM
Ok Guys, new stuff! I picked up Mace Windu (Geonosian Rescue), Jango Fett (Final Battle), Taun We, Royal Guard, and Luminara Unduli at Toys'R'Us in Park Meadows this afternoon. Great find! No Qui-Gons there though. They still had a few Yoda and Clonetroopers there as well.

Jayspawn
05-10-2002, 02:14 PM
Woah! More stuff! I picked up Endor Rebel Soldier, Qui-Gon Jinn, Orn Free Taa, Maasif, Geonosian Warrior, and Dexter Jettster at Wal-Mart in Aurora on Abeline. Great find!

*I also ran into a couple of other gentlemen there who collect Star Wars figures as well. Big Star Wars fans also. I hope to seem them on the forums soon! Great talking to them.

SITHLORDDARTHBANE
05-10-2002, 02:46 PM
GREETINGS EVERYBODY!!! I AM NEW TO POSTING ON THIS FORUM, BUT I HAVE BEEN READING IT FOR SOME TIME NOW. I WANTED TO FIRST OF ALL THANK EVERYONE FOR HELPING ME A COUPLE OF TIME IN SUCESSFULLY SCORING SOME FIGS. I DO APOLOGIZE THAT I HAVE NOT LOGGED IN PRIOR TO THIS BUT HOPEFULLY FROM THIS POINT ON I CAN BE OF HELP TO YOU GUYS AS WELL.
I HAD THE PLEASURE THIS MORNING OF MEETING MR. JAYSPAWN AND HAD A NICE CHAT WITH HIM DURING THE MORNING HUNT.
I WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO ALSO SCORE THE ORN FREE TA/ MASSIFF WAVE ALONG WITH THE NEW MACE AND JANGO FIGURES (NO LUKES, VADERS OR "SHAVEN" REBEL SOLDIERS.) WAL MART IN PARKER HAD ONE LUKE BESPIN THAT I SCORED LAST NIGHT ALSO. BUT...THE HUNT CONTINUES
IF I CAN HELP BY PICKING UP ANY EXTRAS FOR ANYONE LMK. I SEEM TO BE IN THE RIGHT PLACE A LOT, I HAVE A LOT OF CONNECTIONS IN THIS GAME AND I AM MORE THAN HAPPY TO HELP OUT MY FELLOW FANBOY!!! I LOOK FORWARD TO CHATTING WITH YOU ALL!

THANKS AND REGUARDS!!!

mrhat
05-10-2002, 04:30 PM
Cool! did they have any left after you got through with them, i am going there around 4 so i hope...

SITHLORDDARTHBANE
05-10-2002, 04:42 PM
Mr. Hat,
I think maybe there were a couple of rebel solidiers and a Qui Gon left, they historically re-stock around 3 or 4pm so it might behoove you to check back.

wolffang
05-10-2002, 04:57 PM
Hello all, Just wanted to thank both Darth Bane and Jayspawn for the help today at Wallmart. Look forward to getting to know you guys as we hunt those hard to find items :)

Thanks again you guys....talk to you soon.

Wolf

r2dee2
05-10-2002, 06:30 PM
Just wanted to let you know that I found ALL the new figures at Castle Rock Walmart today. Nothing at Target though.

ces
05-10-2002, 06:59 PM
I got the last Mace Windu at the Abeline Walmart, but did not score any other figures.

mrhat
05-10-2002, 07:06 PM
Stupid Wal-Mart! I just got bak, i was there at like 4, looked, nothing i needed, 12 royal guards, but nothing, asked the worker in the toys, no boxes left in the back... So MY hunt continues, although i do now have the initial E2 wave released on the 23rd after recieving my Royal Guard today in the mail... Its always a close miss with me and Wal-mart.

haggie
05-10-2002, 07:12 PM
The WalMart I go to (Youngfield and 38th) has more figures than can fit on their pegs. Unfortuantely they are from the first few waves. I doubt they'll even stick out (or order) the new waves since their selves are full. This WalMart is not known for getting every wave released. Grrrr...

SITHLORDDARTHBANE
05-10-2002, 08:43 PM
Walmart in Parker had several of each of the Orn Free TA wave as well as plenty of Mace and Jangos still no damn Vader or Lukes. Oh well I guarantee more will hit this weekend!

ces
05-11-2002, 01:24 AM
I went to the Walmart in Castle Rock and was able to get all of the new wave except for the Bespin Luke and Massiff. They had a lot of everything else at about 18:30

mrhat
05-11-2002, 09:45 PM
I seem to be the only Coloradian to not have the new stuff... o well not the first time, and certainly not the last. I DID get a pre-sell for the Galactic Battlegrounds expansion: Clone Campains at EB and the Voodoo Queen from McFarline Monsters at EB also. woo hoo! the McFarline Mosters are cool, but especially the Queen here.

SITHLORDDARTHBANE
05-12-2002, 12:52 AM
Found the etire Luke Bespin wave at Kohls on Parker and Arapahoe they had several of each about 6 Vaders 4 Lukes, 10 Jangos and Maces as well as about 6 Dookus as of 5:pm this evening. Price was $8.99 ea. as usual, but might be worth it to avoid further hunting and because Vader and Luke kick ***!!!

netsolo
05-12-2002, 03:20 AM
Glad to hear CR Wal Mart has all those figures. Only problem is that I won't be able to hit it up until Monday. Anyone care to do some figure stashing for me if they're still in abundance?

Also, a bit OT, but anyone heading to the midnight shows in the Parker area want to PM me, maybe we'll all grab a bite to eat before hitting up the line?

mrhat
05-12-2002, 05:26 PM
hey SITHLORDDARTHBANE Thanks for the tip, called there at 1, had them hold my figs, went there at 2 pm (sunday) got all 4 of them! I told them exactly which 4 i needed over the phone, went to the service desk, and had them brought to me! although i said Luke Skywalker, and a hanger duel Anakin was in the bag, but i switched it for the Luke whcih they had a couple of still. As of 2 pm, they had 4 vaders, 5 Jangos, 5 Maces, 2 Lukes, 1 Dooku, and 1 Anakin Hanger, they also had vehicles etc...

ces
05-12-2002, 09:46 PM
Hey mrhat and SITHLORDDARTHBANE, thanks for the tip. I went to Kohls and found the last Bespin Luke hidden under the stand. Kohls is a bit spendy on their figures, but I found a nice sweater for $5. The cashier was a Star Wars fan and eagerly started talking about the next movie.
I went to this Scalper Fest with my dad this weekenend and discovered what happened to all of the Tie bombers. He wanted $50 each. He also had the new Lukes for $15 each. Not too bad, but I refuse to pad somebody's wallet just because they got to the store before I did.
All in all, I did well this weekend. Now I only need the massiff.

mrhat
05-12-2002, 10:09 PM
You gotta understand Kohls, Toys arient really their Bag if you will, Clothes however are, cheap clothes, EXPENSIVE Toys, hey ces did they still have that dooku and Ani hanger? my friend is like spazzing over these 2, but i couldnt afford two more, but if they are still there, he can go get them.

ces
05-13-2002, 09:25 AM
mrhat, they actually had two Count Dooku's. I have actually seen him all over town this weekend. I figured most everyone had him so I didn't grab him. They did not have any hanger Anakins left though. They just had the four figures from the new wave of collection 1; well now 3 figures. I think Mace Windu is going to be a peg warmer. It seems to me that most stores that received the new collection 1 always had a few Mace Windus left when the rest of the case was already sold out.

vulcantouch
05-13-2002, 12:03 PM
but maybe some of the other dawgs here might wanna join you in howling at that midnite moon ;) anyhoo, y'all are welcome 2 show up at the Cont (of course) friday morning like i's plannin (got a prev. obligation thrusday morning :frus: ) i got 2 free kid's passes i can't use so anyone i meet's free to use em :)
meanwhile, i don't check 5 stores a day like ces (good Gawd, tawk about paintin feet on the snake, taoist hunter vt sed to himself ;) but what scalperfest (http://sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=5761) you tawkin bout, ces? you mean i missed an opportunity to yet again make scalpers my beeyotch? :( ), but kmart has a buy one ($7) get one 1/2 price basic figure sale i may hit this week, so list here what you seek & i'll keep my legendary eye out, netter :D
so where do you guys find out which figs are htf/shortpacked or whatever the term is? i saw luminara, royal guard & others at haggie's applewood walmart & coulda picked em up for someone if i'da known they was htf (didn't want em myself :p ).
spekin of, i've too recently experienced not 1 but Three instances of walmart employee unprofessionalism; the only explanation i can see is there must be some kinda jackass-ism virus loose in that company :p i'm tempted to find the email of the district manager in fort collins & send him a link to this thred so he can view for himself the rampant attitude problems in his yecchy company :p
quextion: is snowspeeder or tie bomber exclusive to particular stores, & does either have unique-sculpt figures? tryina find out for my figure-collectin tokyo pal, since jpn don't have walmart or tarZhay ;)
also: endor soldier? luke? vader? they're releasin new ep 4-6 figs? which ones? and has anyone found a cheap (say, 1/2 price) xtra boshek? been thinkin it over & i might spring for it at that discount ;) for that matter, has anyone Yet sighted r4m9 or fx7 at retail? i'm glad i already got mine (the latter thanx to lowlybanthacleaner)-
vt

ces
05-13-2002, 02:29 PM
Hey Vulcantouch,
The Snow speeder and Bomber are exclusive to Walmart. There is a unique figure, Tie Fighter Pilot, but it is the same unique figure for both of the ships.
The scalperfest was this "thing" going on at the fairgrounds by Brighton. I only went because my dad is a Hot Wheel collector (the shame of it all) and he asked me to go with him. It happens every May. There were several venders with vintage stuff that they wanted an arm and a leg for. There was one lady selling Count Dookus and the K-mart collectors case.
As for Walmat, I think they must have cooperate modeling going on that instructs their employees to be rude. Maybe it makes people buy more? :^)

SITHLORDDARTHBANE
05-13-2002, 09:36 PM
Walmart in Highlands Ranch had several of each of the Orn Free Ta wave if you still need em' tey'vegot a few!!!

haggie
05-13-2002, 09:42 PM
Just got back from the Kohls on West Colfax in Golden. My Wal Mart is so pathetic I had to venture out and it did me good. Kohls had Darth Vader, Bespin Luke (non-blood stump; magnet in hand), Mace Windu, Jango Fett Final Battle. They still have more if anybody want to venture out there. They are $9 a piece but I didn't care. It was more worth it to pay the high price than the spend the time going to friggin WalMart every day looking for figs.

haggie
05-13-2002, 09:44 PM
Anybody going to the noon showing on Friday at the Continental?

mrhat
05-13-2002, 10:52 PM
I wish i had tix! stupid crappy lines, and selling out, i couldnt get out of school either. o well i will be seeing it sunday, i hope.

netsolo
05-14-2002, 02:07 AM
Quick run down of my runs today:

Wal Mart Parker: Tons of Clonetroopers, Luminaras, a few Dookus, and a few Yodas. Also a few Rebel Soldiers hanging behind figures on the pegs so be sure to dig. They also have an endcap with some figures in boxes, but nothing not out on the other shelf.

Kohls Parker: All the Luke Bepins are gone, DV is still there, Mace Escape is there and Jango Final Battle as well. Slim pickens, looks like it's just one case (sans Luke).

Target Parker: Collection One, no more, no less.

Target CR: Collection One, and not even a wide variety. Plus also note that the management has opted to post the sign on the Star Wars isle stating that they WILL NOT go in the back to look for certain figures and they WILL NOT hold figures. Sheesh.

Didn't have a chance to hit up the Wal Mart CR which sounded like the honey pot, but I found my Dooku so all in all, a successful day.

Also picked up my tickets for the 12:01 show at the Chinese Theater in Parker, the Netmeister will see you guys there! It's good to be back home for the time being, the runs are so much easier and productive than they are in Los Angeles.

netsolo
05-14-2002, 02:11 AM
Vulcantouch,

I dunno what the $#@! you just said, but you touched a brother's heart.

Jayspawn
05-14-2002, 02:21 AM
Woah, where have I been? I've been hitting up a lot of stores and finding a lot of Royal Guards, Luminara Unduli, Taun Wen Anakin Hanger Duels and occasional Yodas. I still have yet to find Bsepin Luke and Darth Vader. I should hit up Kohls I guess.

ces
05-14-2002, 02:55 PM
Jay, the Target off Quincey has a few Bespin Vaders left, no Bespin Luke. I think he has turned into the new Count Dooku.

Jayspawn
05-16-2002, 05:43 AM
I picked up Bespin Duel Darth Vader at Kohls at Arappaho Crossings. No luke though. Cool Vader figure.

Jayspawn
05-16-2002, 05:44 AM
Oh, and I saw Episode II: Attack of the Clones tonight. And so as not to give anything away, I think the ending makes up for other parts.

mrhat
05-16-2002, 08:38 AM
I get to go see it at 4 pm today, because i couldn't get out of school, o well. The Rocky Mountain News Gave it a B for good special effects, less Jar-Jar, more Yoda, and More C-3PO & R2-D2. He didnt give it an A because he thinks Hayden is a so called wooden actor much like jake lloyd, and also natalie Portman's acting isn't as good either.

ces
05-16-2002, 11:27 PM
**Don't Read if you have not seen the movie** Mild Spoiler***

Did anyone else notice that the Massiffs were actually in the Tusken camp and not with the Geonosians.

mrhat
05-17-2002, 10:06 AM
SPOILER(S) BELOW, DO NOT READ UNTIL MOVIE IS SEEN!

Did anyone notice how the supposedly not to technologically advanced genosians managed to design the death star?

netsolo
05-18-2002, 02:37 AM
Two viewings since midnight Thursday and a planned digital experience tomorrow at the Denver Pavillions. Man, this is great isn't it?

Anyway- Kohls at Arapahoe hasn't put out anything new as of this evening. And if you're in that area, watch out at the Chinese Theater... 18 bucks a figure??? Geez, for the variety that they had on sale at the display table (the name will be omitted to save myself from libel) you could head just down the street to Target and pick them up at a third the price.

Go Avs tomorrow! The Netmeister is ever-hopeful...

ces
05-18-2002, 11:43 AM
$18!?!?!?!? Thats a little spendy. I am on vacation next week, so I think I am going to go to the Pavillions some weekday morning to see it again.
Mild Spoiler***

I hope they make the clone pilot with the Republic Gun Ship when it is released this fall.

netsolo
05-19-2002, 02:34 AM
Well of note: Super Wal Mart Parker looks like a bunch of Gundarks went on a rampage in the isle. It's completely picked over, nothing to report save a few Luminara's and Clone Troopers hiding.

The DLP projection at the Pavillions is excellent, hopefully someone will calibrate the contrast/brightness as the former was too low and the latter was too high causing for some dark frames and some stairstepping in the picture. Lucasfilm was on hand at all the presentations today taping audience reactions for a new TV spot which was uber-cool (hopefully you guys'll get to see the Netmeister on TV in a few weeks!!! Sweet!)

Jayspawn
05-19-2002, 10:41 AM
Ok, I missed something. What figure is $18?

netsolo
05-20-2002, 01:09 AM
Jayspawn-

The scalpers that set up shop in the Chinese Theater at Arapahoe Crossings had EVERY fig for $18 (including Anakin OPD and Obi-Wan).

Jayspawn
05-20-2002, 03:10 AM
Thanks netsolo. They were actually IN the theatre?

mrhat
05-20-2002, 08:56 AM
hey guys, i got endor rebel soldier and qui-gon at evergreen wal-mart, still no massiff or orn fre ta.

SITHLORDDARTHBANE
05-20-2002, 11:11 AM
The Kmart on Colfax and Chambers had several Ultimate villian 12" Jangos yesterday evening. Also picked up some of the Endor and Hoth Playskool sets.(I didn't have these yet. YAY!!) If anyone's still looking for Jango there were a couple left. Also, my partner out of state just got the Supreme Chancellor/ Djas Puhr set so keep your eyes peeled!!!!!:crazed:

ces
05-21-2002, 06:30 PM
Not Much to report. The Aurora TRU had 12" Mace Windu. Six of them as of 12:30. Walmart had some really old action figures from the 1990's for $1.

netsolo
05-22-2002, 02:00 AM
Jayspawn: Yeah, in the theater, it was ridiculous.

Wal Mart in Parker had a few Yodas (I picked one up, leaving two behind) and a couple of Dookus. Target in Parker had BOTH Bespin Luke and Vader, picked those guys up too. Still no sign of Palpatine wave (as a few of the guys from the West LA boards have been spotting). Also, has anyone noticed how hard it is to find Dexter Jettister now? I've been looking everywhere for one with or without insert to no success.

mrhat
05-22-2002, 09:59 AM
Try Suncoast at Aurora Mall, they had one left yesterday, only problem is their security things stuck on the back, they come off kinda easily, but they do rip sometimes... Hope that helps

ces
05-22-2002, 11:18 AM
Hey Netsolo,
Yesterday, the Walmart on Quincey and Buckley had more than ten Dexters.

mrhat
05-22-2002, 11:48 AM
Hey can u guys see my avatar?

Jayspawn
05-22-2002, 01:38 PM
I can see it mrhat, it sure is big.

Nothing much to report either. I've seen a few Bespin Lukes here and there but no bloody hand varient. No sign of Chancellor Palpatine yet. I'm also found a bunch of Endor Rebel Soldiers but no 2nd version either.

haggie
05-22-2002, 02:18 PM
mrhat, your avatar does not load in my browser