PDA

View Full Version : Arena Kit Cloak...

Prince Xizor
08-24-2002, 01:22 AM
I am looking for some input on the Target Accessory kit Cloak. What characters (if any) do you guys use it on?

I have had it on Saga Plo Kloon for awhile, and it doesn't look that good. I tried it on Saga Luke, and he looks pretty stupid.

Darth Vellner
08-24-2002, 03:18 AM
No One- they never fit on any figures!(and look good)

TheFrankEinstein
08-24-2002, 04:20 AM
I wonder if you could sorta mold those soft-goods cloaks to your liking and then hairspray them or something to hold their shape? I don't know, it might discolor the fabric.

Jargo
08-24-2002, 09:37 AM
Try using shirt starch. If you want to hold a shape that is. But the color in the cloth might run out if you wet the cloth too much. Might stain the plastic. Truth is that these soft goods cloaks just aren't going to look right because the cloth is human weight and thickness not mini figure sized weight and thickness. You'd need a cloth tissue paper thin to getit to look right but that wouldn't stand up to wear and tear. Then there's the seams which are sewn and the stitching makes the seams bulky and awkward. Glueing the seams might be better but that's make the seams hard and unworkable. Truth is that the plastic molded robes look better so they should just make figures with realy soft rubber cloaks and maybe pack in a version so you could have the figure sitting with the cloak tucked underneath them.
Personally I hate soft goods. The only time it's ever worked was on episode one maul Obi and Qui-Gon where it was just used for their 'skirts' and it was really thin stuf they used on that. But that thin stuff didn't work on Sith speeder maul's cloak though so it's not too good for large pieces.
Pilot Obi has thicker stuff for his cloak much like the stuff they made the vintage soft gooods cloaks from. It's too thick and Obi has too much fabric in his cloak anyway. Way too big and bulky so it actually hides the figure. I would have prefered that to be a figure molded in a seated position with his robes pulled around him molded in plastic rubbery stuff.

I'm waffling now. Shutting up sir....

Bobajames
08-24-2002, 12:25 PM
actually, i put mine on the anakin hd figure, and it looks decent. the ep 1 cloak i got is on coruscant chase obi and i like it; of course they do still look a little awkward and i would like a plastic robe ani and obi.

Darth Detori
08-24-2002, 02:00 PM
I use mine on a stikfa

pthfnder89
08-24-2002, 05:09 PM
The accessory pack cloak doesn't look right on hardly anyone, because it's the same crappy cloak the included with the Ep1 Accessory packs. I would MUCH rather they put in the cloak from JSP Obi Wan. I know a lot of people don;t like that one either, but it's FAR more accurate than the accessory pack version.

TheFrankEinstein
08-24-2002, 07:26 PM
Good idea about the starch, Jargo. I think I just might try that. It's not like I'll really miss the cloak if it's ruined, and if the figure gets discolored, it'll give me an excuse to re-paint. Pictures if it works.

pthfnder89
08-24-2002, 10:27 PM
Another thing that works on fabric is if you spray Testors Dull Coat on the part you want to be stiffened. You can find it at any hobby store. :)

SuperBattleDroid88
08-25-2002, 12:52 AM
I like to put the cloth robe on Deluxe Mace! It looks great IMO!

Adam
08-25-2002, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by SuperBattleDroid88
I like to put the cloth robe on Deluxe Mace! It looks great IMO!

That is exactly what I did, and he does look decent with it.

187-Maul
08-30-2002, 09:17 AM
I too JSP obi-wan's cloak and put it on a Naboo Royal Guard and gave him a lightsaber
looks pretty cool since he kinda holds his lightsaber in both hands and in an attack pose
pictures coming soon

Master ToNone
08-30-2002, 01:26 PM
I put JSP Obi's cloak on Kit Fisto. Because of his stance and his tentacles, the cloak molds well and looks great. The tentacles tend to push the bulk down and keep it in control.