PDA

View Full Version : Vintage translations.

scruffziller
08-24-2002, 10:33 AM
Who would like to see a line of the new prequel figs made into the style of the old vintage?

Sinister Lord
08-24-2002, 10:42 AM
I think probably not... I think that stuff is better left to the customizers.

Jargo
08-24-2002, 01:04 PM
Why go backwards? Those things had their day. I'd rather go forward and get better articulation and more acurate likenesses rather than voodoo dolls in a style of 25 years ago. I appreciate what those figures paved the way for but they are old and of no use anymore. I'm looking forward to getting toys without stupid gimmicks but i don't want a retro slide to get them thank you. :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-24-2002, 03:41 PM
I wouldn't. I think this thread should be called "Hey I want some crappy figures what about you?" :D

LTBasker
08-24-2002, 03:46 PM
Ahem, we're going backwards with non-properly functioning gimmicks anyways. ;)

However we could possibly benefeit in some way, I mean look at the Biker Scout figures, the vintage Biker the BEST one! The POTF2 Biker Scout was...bad, and the POTJ Biker Scout looks like he's dancing and has a pea-head! ;)

bigbarada
08-24-2002, 04:00 PM
I would like to see a return to a couple of standards for the vintage figures. Namely neutrally posed and every figure being compatible with every vehicle/accessory (with a couple of understandable exceptions of course).

Plus I like the idea of having just one version of each figure. The only reason that SW collectors are so hard to please now is Hasbro's constant resculpting. In the vintage days, you had to like the figures since they were all you were getting, if you didn't like them, you didn't collect. Simple as that. Thus collectors weren't spoiled like they are now. I was perfectly happy with the sculpting of 1998's Removable Helmet Vader, until I saw the superior sculpting of the Commtech, Dagobah, EW, Bespin, etc. Vaders out there. Thus if Hasbro had never made another Vader figure after the Rem. Helmet one, I would never have known that mine was substandard.

So, I would love to see Hasbro re-adopting some of the policies of the vintage line, I don't want to see a return to the sculpting of the late 70s.

Lord Tenebrous
08-24-2002, 04:25 PM
I fully agree, barada. :)

(and you didn't even have to mention Vintage Bossk)

jjreason
08-24-2002, 04:39 PM
While I don't want a return to that style of sculpting, I do want - no, I DEMAND(!!!!!) that the rest of the vintage line be modernized as soon as possible. "Hear me, Hasbro....or feel the tender sting of the nerf crotch bat!"

RAMSES!

TylerD
08-25-2002, 12:33 PM
What figures still need produced jjreason? Haven't they all been done?

Oh, I forgot about General Madine....

Darth forb1us
08-25-2002, 01:14 PM
good post BB, I totally agree :)

Sinister Lord
08-25-2002, 02:43 PM
I might be mistaken about this, but I think there are still quite a few things Hasbro has yet to update from the original vintage line:

Blue Snaggletooth
Cloud Car Pilot
Chief Chirpa
General Madine
B-Wing Fighter Pilot (human)
Lumat
Warok
Imperial Dignitary
Romba

And I think there is one extra skiff guard that has yet to be redone (and my never be), I think it might be an earlier different version of Klaatu, but I'm not sure. The Ewok who came with the POTF2 Endor Compete Galaxy was not identified by name so he might count as one of those Ewoks, I guess.

There are also some accessories from the original vintage line that need to be redone, like the pipe and bowl that Jabba has sitting next to him in his palace. That has yet to be redone by Hasbro. Not to mention the open belly Tauntaun and Dagobah playset. I think there might be a few other things.

Sidiously Darth
08-25-2002, 03:57 PM
There's a topic that hasn't been run into the ground... Which vintage figures still don't have a modern version?:p

As far as going back to the vintage look, um No! As for neutral poses, w/ decent articulation, fitting in vehicles and maybe a one scuplt that's what you get approach would be okay. Hasbro would save some cash and be able to make figures that need or haven't been made.:rolleyes:

AdmiralPiett
08-25-2002, 04:39 PM
I liked the way some "robed" vintage figures like Anakin Skywalker and Imperial Dignitary looked and think that it might be nice to adopt that look for some neutrally posed Jedi (kind of like the mailaway Mace Windu).
Also, I think Kenner did wonders with softgoods like the Emperor's Royal Guard, Squidhead (Tessek), Pruneface, Endor Poncho Luke, Leia Endor, Bib Fortuna, General Lando, etc. I hope that Hasbro will use softgoods on more figures than just Anakin TA and JSP Obi-wan.
Piett

stad
08-25-2002, 05:34 PM
The only thing I liked about the vintage line compared to the figures now is neutral poses and the backing cards.

jjreason
08-25-2002, 06:21 PM
I would agree that more soft goods could and should be used on some figures. I think Id rather have a handful of good vintage Emperor's Royal Guards than my battalion of both modern versions, just because of the capes. Some of the older versions I like better than the new ones:

Han Endor - by a bloody mile. The vintage one is my all time favorite figure because of that coat. So cool.

Biker Scout - most proportionate looking (as someone said above)

Han Hoth - not the likeness, but the neutral pose and blue coat (yes I know the coat they used was really brown, but it still looks blue to me when I watch ESB)

I am so generally happy with the new POTF2-SAGA figs that I feel bad ranting, but there are some things I liked better before.

Sorry TylerD, I haven't analyzed the missing pieces from the originals but a quick search of the forums here would reveal numerous threads about that topic. S.Lord's list looks pretty close to complete.
Recreating vintage vehicles was also a concern but Hasbro has really crossed a few off the list with the POTJ exclusives and the newly confirmed shuttle and the largely improved landspeeder and x-wing.

bigbarada
08-25-2002, 10:27 PM
Blue Snaggletooth was an error in the vintage line, not a separate figure. Even though many consider him a unique figure. However, there was a Snivvian in a blue jumpsuit in ESB so Hasbro could make that one and satisfy a few collectors (although we have gotten two Snivvians already, do we really need a third?).

Klaatu (aka Wooof) along with Kithaba (the vintage version was sculpted like Barada but painted like Kithaba, so just make both versions to cover all the bases:) ) and the Nikto that was actually on the skiff (the POTF2 version was on the Sail Barge). That would cover the vintage Jabba's henchmen updates.

As for Ewoks, the Complete Galaxy Ewok was a cheaply repainted Wicket, so he doesn't count for completing the vintage line (although I will admit that resculpts of all 8 Ewoks will be a long shot).

Lord Tenebrous
08-25-2002, 11:53 PM
I could see Blue Snaggletooth as a Fan Club Exclusive. It would just be a Zutton with his jumpsuit painted blue, and a new set of longer legs. Just put him in a mailer bag so Hasbro won't have to pull out a sack of lies like they did prior (Takeel was the only Mos Eisley Snivvian; Zutton/Red Snaggletooth is the only figure from the Holiday Special, since Kenner pulled the plug on Chewie's family).

Wiorkettle is certainly an interesting Bespin filler, but it's a fairly simple custom. Has better chances than Ice Cream Man, though.

Sinister Lord
08-26-2002, 08:29 AM
But wasn't the blue Snaggletooth taller than the red one? That's not just a paint error we are talking about... that's a whole separate figure. I don't think most collectors would be satisfied with just a repainted Zutton. I definitely think they would need to change the scale of it somehow to make it taller, as Lord Tenebrous suggested.

Jedi Drew
08-26-2002, 10:02 AM
Yep-the blue one is bigger then the red one- I have both of them. :D :D

bigbarada
08-26-2002, 12:56 PM
Only the legs on Blue Snaggletooth are longer. His head, body and arms are identical to the red Snags. It seems that Kenner was working from a b&w portrait of Snags when they made the error of sculpting him in blue and making him as tall as the regular figures. It wasn't caught until many of the blue versions were shipped out with the Sears Mos Eisley cardboard playset. Thus Lucasfilm made Kenner sculpt him some new shorter legs with hairy feet.

It was probably the biggest figure error in SW toy history, and that is why it is so notable to this day. Since he can pass for a different character, many collectors consider him to be a separate figure.

Of course, how Lucas could make such a stink over blue Snags but still let that Walrusman pass is beyond me (or let them make Greedo with Nabrun Lieds' body). I think GL has a soft spot for Snivvians since they have been in every movie (maybe they remind him of an old girlfriend:eek::D ).

Anyways, if you don't believe me then just check out Steve Sansweet's Action Figure Archive and From Concept to Screen to Collectible. They explain the whole thing and are where I got my info.

OCB
08-26-2002, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
Wiorkettle is certainly an interesting Bespin filler, but it's a fairly simple custom. Has better chances than Ice Cream Man, though.

Why would that be??? Why is there a preference for odd looking alien background figures over odd looking human background figures??? :p

As far as releasing modern figures in the vintage style, no thanks, at the time I thought GI Joe figures were way cooler than SW, one of the main reasons I stopped collecting back then

And here is what I think needs to be made for vintage updates:

For Sure
1)General Madine
2)Klaatu Palace version
3)Imperial Dignitary
4)Chief Chirpa
5)Lumat
6)Romba
7)Warok
8)Cloud Car Pilot
9)Nikto
10)Silver DS Droid (RA-7)
11)Barada #2 (Kithaba)

Debatable
1)Blue Gonk
An exact replica of the Lars family Power Droid was not made with the Power Droid provided with the jawa
2)Bespin Guard black
The correct ethnicity has not been released yet, however an Asian and White Guard have been
3)Rebel Commander
A figure similar to this was released however it was not based on the vintage figure
4)Imperial Commander
An exact likeness of a Tuniced Officer has not been released, the POTJ version was in a jumpsuit.
5)Death Squad Commander
Another in the was released but in an alternate uniform series
6) B-Wing Pilot
See above about costume changes

RooJay
08-26-2002, 05:10 PM
I brought up an idea similar to this some time back, and I still think it's a good one: the original twelve characters released in the vintage Kenner line (Luke: Tatooine, ANH Han, ANH Leia, ANH Obi-Wan, C-3PO, R2-D2, Chewbacca, Darth Vader, Stormtrooper, Death Star Commander, Tusken Raider, and Jawa) resculpted to suit todays more detail and accuracy oriented tastes, neutrally posed, and carded on a variation of the original cardback design (movie photo image on one side of the card, figure on the other, black background, silver border and logo). This is what the twenty fifth anniversary line should've been, in my opinion. I think something like this would be great to see!

Tycho
08-27-2002, 09:08 PM
I've been doing polls off the main page of this site for many of these, with the intention of covering 15 of them.

An additional poll could cover whether people want figures made in the old vintage style - and if so...then who? how many?

They did do (in 1996 I think) Vader, Chewie, Han and Luke I believe.

Anyway, my thoughts on this are:

Romba- polled for already (and in demand)
Imperial Dignitary -polled for already (and in demand)
General Madine - polled for already (and in demand)
B-wing Pilot - polled for last week (and in demand)

I'm doing:

Warok
Woof (Klaatu of vintage days)
Cloud Car Pilot (with some detailed responses relating to the vehicle)
Black Bespin Guard

Hoth Rebel Soldier (with some qualifier questions relating to several things:

The accessory pack tried to supply this figure. The vintage "Hoth Rebel Commander," the 2nd vintage Hoth figure to come out, is done as far as I'm concerned. The carded figure represents this one. He was never a commander, but in the movie, just gave a command: "Come on!" - when the AT-AT blew up under Wedge's fire.

The one that was not made was the Deck Officer guy - the first vintage Hoth figure to be made in the '80s. I plan on creating a picture to go with the poll to show the difference.

as we move along....

Chief Chirpa

Bespin Leia - some folks swear only plastic, single carded figures count. I'll take a lot of hell if I don't poll for her. A choice will be offered that says the Princess Leia Collection one will be enough.

Silver Death Star Droid

Blue Snaggletoothe - for this one, I think a poll with several options and picture would help. There are 2 other Cloud City Aliens that might suffice to replace Blue Snag, and it's also possible to do a photoshop job on Zutton, to show him a little bit changed. I'll let you all decide it, but you better back me up for running that poll. Those of you who are in this thread, may be the only ones that are interested.

Lumat

Paploo - I still consider the one made out of Wicket/Logray/Teebo parts with just a new head and hood to be inadequate. It was also an exclusive with a popular vehicle, but not one everyone needed to get. The Ewok Scout played by Kenny Baker is more important than Warok or Lumat, so I think Paploo ought to be carded. I'll offer appropriate multiple responses, one relating to the exclusive, when it comes time to deal with that.

I don't consider the average collector to make distinctions amongst vintage errors or variations like:

Imperial Officer - he's Imperial and wearing black. Uniform details? I know and I like the idea of it, but most fans won't go for this I'd guess. I was more keen on the idea of getting various different heads.

Death Squad Commander - again, after the accessory pack, let this guy rest...

The Gonk has been redone. There were different kinds of Gonk droids though, so I'm all for that. I don't know about different colors, but they had different things attached to their heads, antennae and such. This would be a new figure that ought to be done, but not a vintage resculpt.

I can poll for it, but I think it's outside the series as stated.

Well, mine's not the final word. Yours is. Go ahead and see what you like and dislike about my analysis.

Jargo
08-27-2002, 09:20 PM
Wiorkettle? WIORKETTLE?????!!!!!! dear God on a stick - what the hell kind of name is that to give a character? Sweet baby cheeses that's the stupidest name I've ever had the misfortune to read as attached to a star wars character. That's so bad it's not even funny.... :sulk:

Tycho
08-27-2002, 09:32 PM
How about Bonehee Dedness for one of Jabba's entourage?

I don't think that character exists. I just made that name up. But I rather fancy it. I don't know why. It might be self-descriptive...

OCB
08-28-2002, 11:12 AM
I would only add Kithaba and the other Nikto as a for sure poll question, there are two distinct versions on the two skiffs and we got Barada in the modern line and Kithaba in the vintage line same goes for the different Nikto's. I think people would eat up another 3 pack as mentioned before of Woof, Nikto #2 and Kithaba...

So I can't see how you can distinguish Woof and not Kithaba or the other Nikto???

Otherwise I agree with your choices Tycho, the 6 I had listed I don't think need to be done again, however, a new uncraptacular Death Star Trooper would be nice ;)

scruffziller
08-28-2002, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Why go backwards? Those things had their day. I'd rather go forward and get better articulation and more acurate likenesses rather than voodoo dolls in a style of 25 years ago. I appreciate what those figures paved the way for but they are old and of no use anymore. I'm looking forward to getting toys without stupid gimmicks but i don't want a retro slide to get them thank you. :)

I am not saying to make them all like that but maybe have a "SW PLATINUM" edition in where they would make some sculps as they would if they were made back then. I mean you making South Park 'tars is in alot of ways the same thing. South Park's creators used a vintage style to make a modern show. Celebrate simplicity.:) It would be a line for the sake of nostalgia. And folks fess up, YOU KNOW YOU WOULD 'EM!!!!!!!;)

bigbarada
08-28-2002, 04:27 PM
I agree with OCB, Kithaba, the Nikto that we had a vintage figure of and the original Klaatu would make a great Skiff Guards #2 pack. (ever notice how two of the three figures in the Skiff Guards #1 pack weren't even on a skiff? Only Barada was on the second skiff, Klaatu and the gunner Nikto were on the Sail Barge)

In fact, along with Ephant Mon and a resculpted Removable Helmet Vader, Kithaba is one of the figures that unless Hasbro makes, I will never personally consider the Star Wars toy line completed.:)

RooJay
08-28-2002, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Tycho
Hoth Rebel Soldier (with some qualifier questions relating to several things:

The accessory pack tried to supply this figure. The vintage "Hoth Rebel Commander," the 2nd vintage Hoth figure to come out, is done as far as I'm concerned. The carded figure represents this one. He was never a commander, but in the movie, just gave a command: "Come on!" - when the AT-AT blew up under Wedge's fire.

The one that was not made was the Deck Officer guy - the first vintage Hoth figure to be made in the '80s. I plan on creating a picture to go with the poll to show the difference.
I hate to correct you Tycho, and maybe I didn't catch your real meaning here, but the vintage "Hoth Rebel Officer" figure was based on the character known EU circles as Major Bren Derlin played in the movie by John "Cliff Clavin" Ratzenberger of Cheers fame. This figure has yet to be remade for the modern line. I would imagine a lot of fans want him as much as I do.

Blue Snaggletoothe
I personnally have never considered this a separate figure so much as a variant of the regular Snaggletooth (would anybody out there consider the line incomplete if Hasbro never remakes the small head Han Solo or the yellow lightsaber Tatooine Luke?), but that's just my opinion. I certainly would buy him if Hasbro made him, though I doubt they ever would.

Imperial Officer - he's Imperial and wearing black. Uniform details? I know and I like the idea of it, but most fans won't go for this I'd guess. I was more keen on the idea of getting various different heads.
Until someone recently pointed out to me that the POTJ Imperial Officer figure was not a mistake, and they actually do appear in one of the films (ROTJ, for those interested that didn't know), I never even knew these guys existed! For me, the Imperial Officer has always been a guy in the black version of the uniform type seen on the Tarkin, Piett, and Motti figures. Technically the vintage figure has been covered, but I'm not yet satisfied.

Death Squad Commander - again, after the accessory pack, let this guy rest...
Again, there is a distinctly different uniform variation that this vintage figure is based on (seen in the Death Star "control room" in ANH) that I, for one, would certainly like to see covered Hasbro still.

Tycho
08-28-2002, 10:32 PM
All good points. But I think Derlin could be promoted by name, and a standard Deck Officer guy could be sculpted to replace the original soldier. Meanwhile, all this should only happen with due respect paid to General Reikeen.

But tell you guys what:

When Steve authorizes each vintage re-do poll (and by my first count there will be 11 more of them), I'll post what I'm planning to poll ahead of time.

Since there are 4 more Ewoks (if you count Paploo's re-do as I do), I am spreading them out. That means after every 3 non-Ewok characters, I'm doing one of the furballs.

I started in POTF and have been going backwards through the vintage.

I did Romba, Imperial Dignitary, General Madine, and B-wing Pilot.

Next I'll be doing the following:

Should Hasbro add a modern version of Warok to the line?

a) Yes, I want to see him made.
b) No, he doesn't interest me.
c) No, just concentrate on Prequel figures please.

Last time, on Romba, I offered the choice "no more Ewoks please" but when it comes to buying the figures, there really is negligible anti-Ewok sentiment out there to really apply this option to any degree. Teebo is not to be found pegwarming while BoShek and R4M9 last a little longer on the racks from that wave.

I do think that choice (c) is important though, because some just don't collect Classic figures (especially newbies) and it has nothing to do with being anti-Ewok.

Finally, I want to do Warok ahead of Chief Chirpa because it finishes all the POTF in the way I see it (Romba, Imperial Dignitary, and Warok are the only POTF remaining).

Jedi has (Paploo, Chief Chirpa, Lumat, "Klaatu," B-wing).

Empire: (Leia Bespin, Cloud Car, Black Security, Hoth Rebel)

ANH: (Blue Snaggletoothe, Silver Death Star Droid)

Rogue II
08-29-2002, 08:19 AM
Next I'll be doing the following:

Should Hasbro add a modern version of Warok to the line?

a) Yes, I want to see him made.
b) No, he doesn't interest me.
c) No, just concentrate on Prequel figures please.

When you do the Blue Snaggletooth poll, do you think you could offer a 4th choice in the poll?

d) I will buy them if he is made, but I won't be upset if he isn't.

RooJay is right, that the Blue Snaggletoothe is a variation. We have a the Snivvian from the Cantina Aliens and we have the carded POTJ Snaggletooth. If Hasbro does make a modern Blue version, I would buy it, but I would rather have a new Classic Trilogy figure from Jabba's court or a Cantina Alien that has never been made before. I think we listed about 50 something characters between the 2 scenes in another thread.

OCB
08-29-2002, 09:19 AM
Tycho, again, why are you ignoring Kithaba and the Nikto??? Two completely different entities, different costumes, two distinctly different figures, and again I'll bring up my point if you can distinguish Woof why not these two.

Blue Snaggletooth was an error, Kenner screwed up, they fixed it, we got Zutton (from the Holiday Special), good enough...

Tycho
08-29-2002, 10:29 AM
I won't ignore these skiff guards, as I can tell they are important to you. I have access to photos of them (I'm pretty sure), so I'll give it a shot.

"I have room for polls for them between Ewoks." ;)

As to Blue Snaggletoothe - it'll be one of the last polls I'll do for this group.

My thoughts were to offer a multi-picture poll with choices (pretend you are seeing this picture):

a) Make him as this Cloud City Snivvian
b) Make him as this (tall) Cloud City Alien
c) Make him as this alien Bepsin Security Guard
d) Make him as this (photoshop alteration) of a "Blue Zutton"
e) No, I'm not interested in this figure at all.

And there you have it. The way I see it, there are 3 aliens that can substitute for Blue Snaggletoothe, and as some of you suggested you want - an intentional painting error would work for you. I'll offer those choices and see if any stick out.

Myself, I'm not interested in an intentional paint job error, but rather just an action-figure-body-count. If an alien that was actually in the movie, that wore blue, and remotely resembles one of the rumors surrounding the error KENNER made on Zutton, I'd go for that. (There's also a Snivvian on Jabba's sailbarge but he doesn't count for a replacement of this figure issued between Empire and ANH).

As to the skiff guards: I will poll each individually, eventually (making the total poll count 17 versus 15). I'll put up a picture with a comparison shot of the characters and the figures we got. I'll post that here first, so you guys can correct me on anything you'd like edited different.

Again, I'll run these:

Warok
Woof (carded Klaatu replacement)
Cloud Car Pilot
Black Bespin Guard
Chief Chirpa
Leia Bespin
Hoth Rebel
Silver Death Star Droid (sandcrawler version)
Lumat
Jabba Skiff Guard
Blue Snaggletoothe
Jabba Skiff Guard
Paploo (carded version)

Now I'd like to hear more of your opinions about the Ewoks.
I myself would like all the vintage redone (4 including Romba that was successfully polled for already) and have a replacement for Paploo.

I'd still like 2 more than that: a mother with child (in basket), and the one with the Death's Head that was guarding Leia when Han was being cooked for dinner. That would give us 10 Ewoks over 8 in the modern versions. That'd be enough for diorama builders (switching hoods gives you army builder variations)

Rogue II
08-29-2002, 10:49 AM
Your Blue Snaggletooth poll works for me.

Yes, we need the rest of the Ewoks. The remaining 4 should be done in 2 2-packs like when we got Wicket/Logray. I felt a little ripped off just buying Teebo, but I got over it. I'd like the mother/child and the other one you asked for.

I'd like to tack on another plug for my Ewok Accessory Pack:
Catapult, C-3PO's throne, torch, and weapons (Bows, arrows, spears). They could toss in whatever Ewok figure they wanted.

evenflow
08-29-2002, 11:26 AM
I dont think that revisiting the vintage style is really neeeded.

I think Hasbro should work on updating the remaining vintage figures not yet made.

TylerD
08-29-2002, 07:11 PM
The 4-pack that Tycho speaks of is called the Classic Edition 4-Pack. Sir Steve's doesn't have an image of it, so here is a link to an ebay auction...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1761080937

Tycho
08-30-2002, 02:06 AM
Thanks Tyler.

That was exactly what I was talking about.

I don't think I ever saw that in the store actually. Though it was something Toys R Us might've carried.

I probably would have passed on it anyway, as I had all my vintage figures at the time, most of them pretty mint but loose already.

Today, I still think I'd pass on even getting an unlimited vintage collection - as in all the stormtroopers I'd need, etc. I think I'll waffle on that decision, but lack of room and enthusiasm for doing more realistic dioramas with the new figures is the main motivation.

AdmiralPiett
08-30-2002, 04:31 AM
Wasn't Leia Bespin made for the Princess Leia collection during POTF2? Why is she on the unmade list?
Piett

Rogue II
08-30-2002, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by AdmiralPiett
Wasn't Leia Bespin made for the Princess Leia collection during POTF2? Why is she on the unmade list?
Piett

This was his reason.

Bespin Leia - some folks swear only plastic, single carded figures count. I'll take a lot of hell if I don't poll for her. A choice will be offered that says the Princess Leia Collection one will be enough.

So its is basically the same reason Paploo(who came with the POTJ AT-ST) will be polled.

Tycho
08-30-2002, 11:37 AM
No. On Paploo, his hood is sculpted to look like he's doing some speederbikin'. I'd like to see it remolded slightly, so he's in a normal pose. His head is also Wicket's repainted I think, but his body could be re-made so it doesn't re-use parts from Wicket, Logray, and Teebo.

They can do better for this character played by Kenny Baker!

AdmiralPiett
08-31-2002, 04:48 PM
That Paploo picture is funny. It reminds me of a kid I knew in grade school.
Piett

bigbarada
08-31-2002, 05:02 PM
I would like to see some more ewoks made, but the biggist problem with resculpting the vintage ones is that IMO they were done as good as they could possibly be done. The modern equivalents have yet to really exceed the vintage versions (apart from a couple extra points of articulation and slightly better sculpting).

I'm all for making more of Jabba's henchmen and Cantina aliens. Especially making modern equivalents of vintage thugs like "classic" Barada (Kithaba) and the vintage Nikto guard. If we can have a separate poll for a silver Death Star Droid, then we can have a poll for these two NECESSARY updates.