PDA

View Full Version : Jar Jar Binks

Pendo
08-25-2002, 02:30 PM
Do you want Jar Jar to have a bigger role in Episode III than he did in Episode II, and would you be urinated off if he did. Do you think he will die in this episode or be added to the Archival Editions of Episode IV - VI?

Personally I wouldn't be bothered if he had a larger role. I really hated him at first but I've kinda got used to him. I would be happier if he was in it a small amount but wouldn't be P-ed off if he has a large role. I think he WILL die in this episode though, but don't know how.

PENDO!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-25-2002, 04:17 PM
I kinda like him, I'd like to see him in the Archival Editions (but only as a cameo!).

Jedi Clint
08-25-2002, 04:53 PM
I don't think he will die or be added to the OT.

LTBasker
08-25-2002, 05:13 PM
Well I don't want anything else added to the OT. ;) Just more CGI crud to infest it. :mad:

Anyways, I would like to see Jar-Jar be made a crucial part of trying to keep the Republic from falling. I really don't want to see him die in E3 because can you imagine all the people that would senselessly point out Jar-Jar finally getting killed? :rolleyes:

I also don't want him to die because I like the character.

Rogue II
08-25-2002, 07:06 PM
I didn't like him at first in TPM, but I don't mind him any more.

I think he may die(or seem to die) a hero saving baby Luke and Leia.

Either way, I'm sure GL will stick him into whatever new scene Padme is filming for the Original Trilogy.

darthvyn
08-26-2002, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Rogue II
I think he may die(or seem to die) a hero saving baby Luke and Leia.

i actually kinda like this idea... adding a nobility to a much maligned character!

i think he should be a part of the beginnings of the rebellion - realizing that he gave supreme power over the galaxy to the dark side... making his penance....

Jek Porky 2002
08-26-2002, 04:13 PM
I like the idea of him saving Luke and Liea, it gives him a link into the clbuttic trilogy, I think it would be quite wiered that luke and liea have met jar jar binks.

I don't think it will happen though, I think Palpatine will turn on him and kill him!

jedi_uk73
08-26-2002, 05:46 PM
I'd like to see the OT left as it is. If any changes to it do happen, please leave out Jar Jar.

TPM was just too much of him, AOTC was better, as he didn't have such a big part, so hopefully in E3 we may not see him at all.

Darkross
08-27-2002, 11:30 AM
I say he survives the Prequels...and is on Alderaan when the Death Star destroys it. Kill two birds with one stone...! Kill off JarJar and give him a cameo in the OT. Tarkin would then have a scapegoat...JARJAR...it's perfect!

El Chuxter
08-29-2002, 10:42 PM
I think he either will die saving the twins, or he will be sliced down by Anakin, sort of a "point of no return" on his journey into darkness.

mini-rock
09-02-2002, 03:22 AM
I never had a problem with Jar Jar, my kids and I always get a good laugh during the end battle.

For EP III I hope JJB has a larger role. I thought his role in EP II was too small considering the amount of time he was in EP I.

bigbarada
10-06-2002, 04:05 AM
I was a little bothered by Jar Jar's reduced role in AOTC. I really don't like to see GL caving to fan pressure like that. Here's to hoping that he has a much larger role in Ep3.

There is a small part of me that wants to see Jar Jar added to the OT just to cheese off all the fans.:evil: Just George's way of saying, "I've made my money, so 'up yours!'":D:D

Pendo
10-06-2002, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
There is a small part of me that wants to see Jar Jar added to the OT just to cheese off all the fans.:evil: Just George's way of saying, "I've made my money, so 'up yours!'":D:D

I would like to see Jar Jar added in the OT. I want to see him on the Death Star. During the meeting, where Vader begins to choke Motti, there are a few empty chairs. They could easily add Jar Jar (in an Imperial uniform?) into the scene. I think it would be cool to make him a bad guy in the OT :).

PENDO!

mini-rock
10-06-2002, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Pendo

I would like to see Jar Jar added in the OT. I want to see him on the Death Star. During the meeting, where Vader begins to choke Motti, there are a few empty chairs. They could easily add Jar Jar (in an Imperial uniform?) into the scene. I think it would be cool to make him a bad guy in the OT :).

PENDO!

YES! That would be cool to see.

If Jar Jar does die though, I'd like to see him slayed by Anakin. That would be friggin heartbreaking.

Pendo
10-06-2002, 03:55 PM
I totaly agree with you mini-rock! If Jar Jar DOES die, I hope it's by Anakin's hands. I also hope that if Padmé dies it is by Anakin too. It would really show how evil he is :evil:.

PENDO!

Beast
10-06-2002, 04:11 PM
I think it's only fair that Jar Jar would be kiled by Anakin, just to show how evil he has become. I've speculated the following happening for a long time. Jar Jar should try to delay Anakin while Obi-Wan, Padme, and Yoda are attempting to flee from Coruscant.

Anakin/Vader should just slice him in half, and step over his body to continue after them. It's a heroic death for Jar Jar, and ties up the loose ends of his existance for the OT. Hopefully Jar Jar atleast gets in a good shot or two against Vader before he's slaughtered. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Pendo
10-06-2002, 04:17 PM
Great idea about JJB, JJB ;). I bet it'll be hard to watch yourself die in a movie :).

i like the idea of Jar Jar having a heroic death trying to give Obi-Wan, Padmé and Yoda time to flee. Or maybe he is giving them time to flee not for thier lives, but for the lives of Luke and Leia :).

PENDO!

Beast
10-06-2002, 04:26 PM
It would definatly be moving, hopefully even to the Jar Jar haters. Maybe their opinion of the charecter will change if he's made the hero that ensured the survival of Obi-Wan, Padme, Yoda, and the twins. He's already responsable for the formation of what will become the Empire. The above would be his redemption for that. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mini-rock
10-06-2002, 05:25 PM
I agree, Jar Jar should die a hero at the hands of Anakin, but I will have to disagree about Anakin killing Padme. If Anakin kills Padme by accident then fine, but if he were to just cut her down, then I do not think someone like that could or should ever be saved. It just doesn't feel right IMO.:)

Beast
10-06-2002, 05:32 PM
I don't know why everyone keeps thinking that Padme is going to die in E3. We know from Leia's own words in ROTJ that she remembers her mother. So she has to survive E3, and die early in the 18 year span between E3 and E4. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jjreason
10-06-2002, 07:22 PM
She could die IF they go further than the birth of the twins in EpIII.

As far as JJB, I think his role has pretty much been played out. For fans, he needs redemption after being manipulated into suggesting Palpatine take the reigns of the Republic. For me it's not that way. I think he is/was another interesting creation in a Saga choc full of them - he's not necessary for EpIII. If he is in the movie (and likely he will be) I can see him dying or making some other sacrifice to save one of our heros. Only time will tell.

mini-rock
10-06-2002, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
I don't know why everyone keeps thinking that Padme is going to die in E3. We know from Leia's own words in ROTJ that she remembers her mother. So she has to survive E3, and die early in the 18 year span between E3 and E4. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Well, according to Obi-Wan's words he was trained by Yoda, with no mention of Qui-Gon. I don't think we should expect Padme to survive just because of what Leia said in ROTJ. However personally I do hope she doesn't die in EP3 though. I'd rather it be in between EP's 3 & 4 like you said JJB.

Beast
10-06-2002, 07:47 PM
Obi-Wan only says that he was instructed by Yoda. Which is true, because Yoda trains/instructs all padawan until they are taken by a Master to personally finish their training. He never states that Yoda was his one and only trainer.

There is no reason for Obi-Wan to mention Qui-Gon in any of the OT films. He only tells Luke what he needs to know. If Qui-Gon was alive for to be an option for training Luke, then he would need to be mentioned. Since he's dead, he can't help train Luke, so he's not mentioned. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mini-rock
10-06-2002, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Obi-Wan only says that he was instructed by Yoda. Which is true, because Yoda trains/instructs all padawan until they are taken by a Master to personally finish their training. He never states that Yoda was his one and only trainer.

There is no reason for Obi-Wan to mention Qui-Gon in any of the OT films. He only tells Luke what he needs to know. If Qui-Gon was alive for to be an option for training Luke, then he would need to be mentioned. Since he's dead, he can't help train Luke, so he's not mentioned. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Your right JJB, but IMO I still do not believe the whole issue of Padme survivng should rest on what Leia told Luke.:)

Pendo
10-07-2002, 05:10 PM
I've been thinking about the Padmé thing of how it could be told that she dies between the time of Eps 3 and 4 if it is not shown on screen. Why not have Padmé find out that she has a disease that cannot be cured and she will die (perhaps something created by Palpatine and given to her). We don't need to show her dying, and when Leia says "She died when I was very young," it would take us back to the news of the illness thing and we would feel more sad about the scene.

PENDO!

Gungan Warrior
01-09-2003, 04:41 PM
What do you guy think Jar Jar Binks fate will be? :)

Fulit
01-09-2003, 04:45 PM
He goes w/ Obi-Wan to watch over Luke, and Obi-Wan gets cabin fever in the first month and slays and eats him. Besides, you can't get good Gungan meat out on Tatooine.

Gungan Warrior
01-20-2003, 01:04 AM
YOU ALL ARE EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JAR JAR BINK WILL CONQUER!