PDA

View Full Version : Lightsaber Duels

Pendo
08-25-2002, 02:33 PM
Apart from Obi-Wan and Anakin, what other duels do you think there will be. I think it is safe to say that Ep3 will have the most duels than any other movie because of the end of the Jedi and Anakin's turn to the dark side.

I think we will see Anakin and Dooku duel, and Anakin and Mace duel. Maybe Yoda will duel someone too :).

PENDO!

JesusFreak
08-25-2002, 10:10 PM
I think...

Anakin/Obi-Wan, Obi-Wan/Dooku, and Anakin/Sidious will have a little duel but Sidious will quickly overtake him because Anakin has not yet been trained in the dark ways.

darthvyn
08-26-2002, 11:50 AM
i think it would be cool to see a showdown between two of the strongest force users in the galaxy - yoda and sidious! "do not underestimate the powers of the emperor"!!!

JesusFreak
08-26-2002, 02:09 PM
I think when Yoda said "do not underestimate..." to luke he meant that Palpatine had brought Anakin over to the dark side so he could do the same with Luke, if he let his guard down.

darthvyn
08-26-2002, 03:56 PM
well, that is what it would mean if they don't duel in ep. III, but if they DO, then that line takes on a whole new, and personal for yoda, meaning...

Darkross
08-27-2002, 11:40 AM
I think that there will be several duels between Darth Vader (Anakin) and the key Jedi...Ki-Adi-Mundi, Mace, D'ooku and ultimately Obi-Wan...but only after he destroys D'ooku first and becomes Darth Vader. He will be Darth Vader in his heart when he fights Obi-Wan at the end...but will still be Anakin in spirit!

stad
09-04-2002, 01:25 AM
I have a feeling we're going to be disappointed, and the huntdown of the Jedi will only be implied at the end of the movie, leaving that for the 20 years between Ep. 3 and Star Wars. I do think (hope) that Lucas will throw us one bone, and at the end we will see the Dark Lord of the Sith, Lord Vader (& James Earl Jones).

Darkross
09-04-2002, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by stad
I have a feeling we're going to be disappointed, and the huntdown of the Jedi will only be implied at the end of the movie, leaving that for the 20 years between Ep. 3 and Star Wars. I do think (hope) that Lucas will throw us one bone, and at the end we will see the Dark Lord of the Sith, Lord Vader (& James Earl Jones).

How will that be possible...since Obi-Wan goes into hiding after he drops Luke off at Owen & Beru's place...how would he know that the other Jedi were destroyed...and even so...why would he go into hiding before-hand and not help them? We will see the Jedi hunted down and destroyed by Anakin and the Emperor...it's the only way.

stad
09-04-2002, 08:14 AM
The movie is only going to be 2-3 hours long, there is a lot of stuff that still has to happen in the movie. If whatever happens to Anakin to turn him has to happen, he has to fight Obi-Wan, Padme has to have kids and Obi-Wan has to hide them, and they are going to show Vader and Co. hunting down the Jedi? That is unrealistic, probably even if they demean it and show the deaths of a few main Jedi in a couple seconds each montage.

Pendo
09-04-2002, 10:51 AM
I dont think it will be Vader alone hunting down all the Jedi, and I don't think it is necesary to show it all. I think Vader will order the Clones to hunt down all the Jedi. Vader will fight some of them himself, but most will die because of the Clones. Throughout the movie clones could come up to Vader telling him that more Jedi have been destroyed. That way we will all know that Jedi are being slaughtered across the galaxy but wouldn't actually have to see it.

PENDO!

Darkross
09-04-2002, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Pendo
I dont think it will be Vader alone hunting down all the Jedi, and I don't think it is necesary to show it all. I think Vader will order the Clones to hunt down all the Jedi. Vader will fight some of them himself, but most will die because of the Clones. Throughout the movie clones could come up to Vader telling him that more Jedi have been destroyed. That way we will all know that Jedi are being slaughtered across the galaxy but wouldn't actually have to see it.

PENDO!

Agreed! I think that Vader will destroy alot of the key Jedi...it wouldn't take that long to show them either...kind of in a mesh of scenes blended together showing how he killed each Jedi which would only take up a few minutes on-screen.

stad
09-04-2002, 03:43 PM
That's about the only way there will be time for.

mini-rock
09-06-2002, 05:44 PM
For all we know, most of the Jedi could have been killed during the time between EP2 and EP3, during the war. Maybe there are less than a hundred left, and after Anakin turns to Vader he has the rest destroyed. So, what Obi-Wan said about Vader helping the Emperor hunt down and kill the Jedi would somewhat still be true, "from a certain point of view."

maulrat22
09-17-2002, 12:32 AM
I'd like to see what the other members of the Jedi council have some fight time. We've seem some cool characters like Plo Koon but havent seen them in action. Lets go nuts and see an hour of lightsabers duels.

YodaBoba
09-21-2002, 01:46 PM
Hear is what I know. Obi-Wan takes Luke to Owen abd Beru. Leia's mother goes to Alderran with Leia to give her to Bail Organa. Obi-Wan and Yoda are the only two Jedi left from the light side of the force. So they go into hiding. Obi-Wan goes to Tatooine and Yoda goes to Dagobah. But I think the REAL question is who takes out Count Dooku, so Anakin can take over.

YodaBoba
09-21-2002, 01:48 PM
Besides Leia is the only twin that knows who her mother is. She told Luke about her in Jedi.

mini-rock
09-21-2002, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Pendo
Apart from Obi-Wan and Anakin, what other duels do you think there will be. I think it is safe to say that Ep3 will have the most duels than any other movie because of the end of the Jedi and Anakin's turn to the dark side.

I think we will see Anakin and Dooku duel, and Anakin and Mace duel. Maybe Yoda will duel someone too :).

PENDO!

I think in EP3 we will see the Red Guard in action along with the duels you listed above.

Pendo
09-22-2002, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by mini-rock
I think in EP3 we will see the Red Guard in action along with the duels you listed above.

I hope we DO get to see the Royal Guards in action. I've been waiting to see them in action since they walked off the Shuttle in Return of the Jedi. :D I REALLY hope we do get to see them in action. It would be cool if they help Anakin and the Clones hunt down the Jedi. I wonder if they are clones too, that Palpatine took from Kamino? it's a possibility but I doubt it!

PENDO!

mini-rock
09-22-2002, 09:17 PM
Well according to the starwars.com databank the Red guard came from Senate Guards, but with much more intense training. Some closest to Palpatine even possesed force powers. It'd be interesting to see these guy's battling Jedi or maybe even other Senate guards.:)

YodaBoba
10-04-2002, 12:15 PM
I believe there will be a rematch between Yoda and Dooku. Probably Yoda will win and Dooku spirit will remain in the Cave of Evil on Dagaboh. Anakin will battle Obi-Wan, with Obi-Wan beating him badly. This puts Anakin in the dark suit. I believe Dooku will be alive probably to half an hour to an hour in Episode III, before someone takes him out. Who that Jedi might be is UNKNOWN. It is all in Lucas's head.

LusiferSam
10-12-2002, 07:19 PM
I'm not sure about Yoda/Dooku rematch. My thinking is we're going to Anakin and Dooku going at it, in a way vary similar to the Luke/Vader duel in ROTJ. Palpatine eggs Anakin into the fight. And we have to see a Obi-Wan/Anakin duel. And this has to be the mother of lightsaber duels.

mini-rock
10-12-2002, 07:32 PM
I agree LusiferSam. Anakin and Obi-Wan are going to have to pull off some amazing shtuff that typically Jedi could not do. This has to be a grueling battle that completely drains the two to the point where they can barely lift their sabers IMO. As much as I love AOTC, I think the saber battle should go back to what we saw in TPM, but with no breaks.:)