PDA

View Full Version : I got the bootled DVDS!

Jedi Master Zolbewan
08-25-2002, 06:51 PM
I bought the Bootleg Star Wars Trilogy special Edition dvds, and I am suprised to say that they are great!
The transfers are from the special Edition Laserdiscs, not VHS.
They are in 2.35:1 Widescreen they claim to be anamorphic but since I have a 4x3 Tv I can't say if thats true.
The Image is clean except for ocasional specs of grain.
The aound is LD 5.1 and it rules.
I bought my dvds at this site: http://www.newdvd.cc/dvd/dvdsc_032.htm

It took them 12 days to ship.
So thats my bootleg review!

master jedi
08-25-2002, 07:02 PM
$35 bucks? It's not worth it to me since it's just a bootleg. I'll wait 'til the official DVDs.

chewie
08-25-2002, 08:30 PM
I either need to get the real laserdisc original version of the OT, or find a good DVD bootleg of them. None of that special edition junk. The THX enhancements would be fine however.

Pendo
08-26-2002, 07:28 AM
Sounds cool :D. I'd get them, but knowing me the day I get them LucasFilm will announce that they're gonna be officially released. I'll just wait for the real ones.

PENDO!

scruffziller
08-26-2002, 11:07 AM
Those are some dang cool covers though. Are those pix of the LASER DISC? That ROTJ cover art I have never seen.

2-1B
08-26-2002, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by scruffziller
Those are some dang cool covers though. Are those pix of the LASER DISC? That ROTJ cover art I have never seen.

That's because they used the ROTJ artwork on the ESB disc. :D

Jedi Master Zolbewan
08-26-2002, 11:15 AM
No scruffziller, those are dvd copys of the laser disc versions.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-27-2002, 04:57 PM
I can't stand the fact that they used inconsistent pics for the covers. How hard is it to use the pics from the VHS releases?
I also hate the word "androids", but oh well . . . :D

Eternal Padawan
08-28-2002, 12:17 AM
Once I bootled in public with this charming girl from Poughkeepsie. The cops caught on to our bootling and insisted we stop the bootle. I have not bootled since. Darn shame, too. Bootling in public is good exercise. I highly recommend everyone who reads this: Bootle whenever you can! :D

ROLLO!

BanthaPoodoo
08-28-2002, 09:39 AM
They look good as I got em too........

Bought mine here though:
http://www.d9movie.com/dvd/55804025002.shtml

I also went to Ebay & bought a laserdisc player with 10 LD's for $60 bucks, & all three SW LD's in Widescreen format so that I would be legal!!!!

The DVD's I bought just saved me the trouble of ripping the LD with my Radeon VIVO & converting it to MPG2..............

JediTricks
08-29-2002, 05:41 PM
So Zolbewan, do these bootlegs come with the extras that were on the Laserdics, the commentary tracks and whatever else?

Beast
08-29-2002, 05:57 PM
JT, the Special Edition Laserdiscs didn't have anything extra except for the S.E. release trailers. The only Star Wars laserdiscs with anything other then trailers is what was in the Definative Collection boxset. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
08-29-2002, 06:50 PM
Rats, I got those 2 LD releases confused. I want DVDs from the definitive collection LDs, that'd be so cool to have without having to spend a fortune on the LD set and not having to get an LD player just to play those LDs. Have I said "LD" enough yet? :D

Beast
08-29-2002, 06:59 PM
Well, the prices aren't all that bad to get a good used LD player and the boxset. Just wait until the price of a DVD burner drops enough and I'll burn everyone on the forums that wants a set one at cost, so that Lucasfilm doesn't come knocking at the door. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

El Chuxter
08-29-2002, 09:52 PM
JarJarBinks, we're all gonna hold you to that. :D

GREEN HULK
08-31-2002, 04:10 AM
BAAAAH!!!!! HULK NOT WANT BOOTLED DVD'S!!! HULK WANT REAL LUCAS DVD'S OF GOOD STAR WARS MOVIES!!!! MAKE DVD'S NOW!!!! HULK WANT TO SMASH LD PLAYERS SO LUCAS MAKE DVD'S FASTER!!!!

Jedi Master Zolbewan
09-02-2002, 07:00 PM
The features the dvd's have are the Special edition trailers for each film, and on the RotJ DVD folowing the trailer there is a 25 minute documentary from the the LD ( I know this cause Tony Dainels talks bout costume flaws in Esb, and he mentions on the Laser Disc.) on the Special Editions
Thats all for features. But I'm glad to own star wars Laser Discs on DVD.
By the Way I like the Special Editions! :)

bigbarada
09-02-2002, 07:27 PM
I would buy these for the sole purpose of getting a DVD copy of the non-Special Edition versions of each film. $35 is a small price to pay for a version of the movie we will never see again once all the VHS tapes fall apart.

ConvergeDW
09-02-2002, 11:04 PM
How would one be able to cleanly transfer each movie onto a dvd when there are six sides to each? I am in the market to get a burner, this may be a nice factor in the decision process. If I could get clean transfers I would be into doing it. Does anyone know how that works?

Beast
09-02-2002, 11:10 PM
DVD's can hold more info then Laserdiscs can, ConvergeDW. Laserdiscs can only hold an hour per side in CLV (Constant Linear Velocity) and 30 minutes per side in CAV (Constant Angular Velocity). That is why the Definitive Collection Boxset uses 5 sides for each movie, and then the 6th side of each is extras. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bigbarada
09-02-2002, 11:21 PM
I had no idea that it took so many Laserdiscs for one movie, so how would you burn a copy of a movie onto DVD from a LaserDisc so that it will run smoothly without a break every half-hour?

Beast
09-02-2002, 11:26 PM
I used to do it when I ran copies off on VHS, I think you just program a pause every half hour into the recording process. I am sure you can add a fade out/fade in to the disc. I'm not to sure, as I don't have a DVD burner. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

ConvergeDW
09-03-2002, 07:18 PM
Well, JarJar, I have one now, so it is something that I am interested in doing now. If we could figure this out I will hook you guys up if you want. I would like to make it as clean as possible.

Darth Vellner
09-03-2002, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by ConvergeDW
Well, JarJar, I have one now, so it is something that I am interested in doing now. If we could figure this out I will hook you guys up if you want. I would like to make it as clean as possible.

That would be SWEET! ( if that was not a closed statement)
were you talking to all at Sirstevesguide or just the above?

BTW,ConvergeDW.....I'll be your Best Friend! If you "Hook" us up:D
P.S. I think "Hook Up" (the way we use it) was a phrase coined by pro skater- Jeremy Klinein in like 91'-92': He now has a clothing Co. called..Hook-Ups! And,
At one time he skated for "BirdHouse-Skate Co." owned by Tony Hawk!:cool:

stad
09-04-2002, 12:40 AM
You can get DVD's of the original trilogy, they are just harder to find. I did, however order the Special Edition DVD's from the newdvd.cc website. $35 is a very small price to pay for my impatience.

Darth Vellner
09-04-2002, 12:35 PM
I guess I'll need to pick them up........(To have a complete set of all three versions)

{Bootlegs...}

*"Original" Trilogy (DVD)

*"Special Edition" Trilogy (DVD)

**Can you find the "Original" and "Special Edition" in WIDESCREEN on DVD??**

{Official Lucasfilm release}

*"Archive Edition" Trilogy

stad
09-04-2002, 02:41 PM
I know the SE is widescreen, that's all I buy!