PDA

View Full Version : Who's entering...

SuperBattleDroid88
08-25-2002, 08:56 PM
Who's going to enter in the Hasbro Collector's contest?
I am!
Oh Yeah and tell what age group your in!
I'm 14 so I'm in that age group of 4-14 and I think I may have a pretty good chance!!!

Darth Vellner
08-25-2002, 10:01 PM
I'm Not.....I have a lot....but not "A WHOLE LOT!!!"
But, A Graven Image in thine own likeness......My soul Burn with Lust and longs for that day.......now I must go sacrafice a young lamb without spot or blemish

Jayspawn
08-26-2002, 12:29 AM
I'm not. And the reason is this. I have SO MUCH stuff that it would take WAY too long to even TRY to photograph it now. Lets add the fact that most of it is in storage.

jedi_uk73
08-26-2002, 05:27 AM
I'm with Jayspawn on this one, I also have too much stuff and have had to pack most of it away. So by the time i've had chance to photograph it all, the competition would have finished :D

patchiswelsh
08-26-2002, 10:09 AM
I would enter even if i had everything packed away
you never know you could win
but sadly there is one prob
US RESIDENTS ONLY!!!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH I wish they could do comps like that in the rest of the world
anyways i would never win
not enough stuff
sob, sob
hehe

stad
08-26-2002, 04:53 PM
I'm with those other guys, just way too much stuff and almost all of it is (sadly) packed away. Essentially at least one of everything in 3 3/4 line and 12" line since '95, as well as some classic original stuff like Cloud Car and Hoth Imperial Attack Base. Too much trouble to pull it all out and photo it. I didn't even mention the many multiples of TIE's, A-Wings, DV TIE's, and the army of stormies, TIE pilots, sandtroopers, and other "army" guys.

evenflow
08-26-2002, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Jayspawn
I'm not. And the reason is this. I have SO MUCH stuff that it would take WAY too long to even TRY to photograph it now.

I feel the same way.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-26-2002, 07:28 PM
I'm entering, and I'm 12. It would be SO NICE to have all of the 2003 figures without paying for them! I'd trade the Jorg for a TF Vader as I have two Jorgs already (but Hasbro doesn't have to know that . . .). A day with Hasbro would be amazing, I'd have to print up a big ol' wish list and give it to them. :D If not, then I'd be happy just winning the prize for good old Colorado!

hango fett
08-26-2002, 07:56 PM
i don't stand a chance. we have no vintage figures and i'm not spending an arm and a leg for one. so, no entring for me.
h

Sidiously Darth
08-26-2002, 08:01 PM
If I get everything unpacked and displayed like I want before the deadline, I might. Oh, I'm also 30. I'll have to enter the 15 and older section.:rolleyes:

Mar10Sir
08-27-2002, 01:57 AM
Yeah... same here. Too much stuff stored in boxes witing to be decently displayed. It'd take a lot of time (and a LOT of space) to get my stuff out of the boxes and display them to be photohraphed. By the way... the prize's not worth it.

A trip to Skywalker Ranch, a handshake with George Lucas, and an actual prop for a souvenir might've been worth the shot.

thespar
08-27-2002, 04:33 PM
i have been giving so though might see what of the old toys i can dig up. such as my stuff toy of a baby ewok.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-27-2002, 07:50 PM
Hango, I don't believe that Hasbro expects people younger than 18 or so to have vintage figures. :)

hango fett
08-27-2002, 07:53 PM
that's a good point! i'm just above the age limit! i might win! still, very doubtful, seeing as though we have all the ones from POTF green cards down open....and they want carded figures!
h

Mar10Sir
08-27-2002, 08:56 PM
Duh! I fell for the 15 and over thing. Thought there was another category!

:P

thespar
08-27-2002, 10:25 PM
are you sure they only what card i check their rules and they did not say anything about only card or boxed if that is the case i will enter.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-28-2002, 10:26 AM
I'm going to help my 7-year-old son enter the 4-14 category. He has a bunch of stuff so I think he has a decent shot of doing well.

TylerD
08-29-2002, 12:00 AM
I hope your son wins Mandalorian Candidate. It would be truly refreshing to see a KID win for his category. I mean, these toys are meant for children, right? Who wants to see a figure of a 14 year old with a face full of pimples? Or a 30 year old guy who is losing his hair? (No offense Sidiously Darth - You know what I mean though! ;) ) Good luck to your son Madalorian!

Prince Xizor
08-29-2002, 01:30 AM
I'm entering for the 15+ in Mass. I have a ****load of the old toys and all the new Saga ones (Minus TA Anakin. Dammit I can't find him). I think I might have a chance at the state, but not the country.