View Full Version : AT-AT question

Goebel the hutt
08-26-2002, 02:46 AM
yea I was hoping some of you could help I want to buy a power

of the force at-at on ebay and i was wondering if its worth the

money.

Patient Zero
08-26-2002, 03:25 AM
The real question is, Is it worth it to you? I don't mean to sound cryptic, but a thing is only worth what you are going to pay for it.

jedi_uk73
08-26-2002, 07:01 AM
It all depends if it's boxed or loose. Here in the UK, a boxed one still commands 100 (same as original retail price).

If it's loose however, not much.

At the end of the day, as G.O.Jonna said 'Is it worth the price to you ??'

A collector will only pay what it is worth to them. If you really want it, then you generally pay a bit extra, otherwise leave it alone.

Lord Tenebrous
08-27-2002, 03:35 PM
Most of the POTF2 AT-ATs on eBay are loose, and they're still asking $50-80 for them, with the vintage running about the same. But you don't know what these sellers paid for them, they could have cleaned out a TRU during the $10 clearance. Not to mention that only a few people on eBay accurately charge for shipping.

I'd investigate the classifieds or collector's clubs for somebody who's not looking to make a profit. And if you look long enough, you'll find somebody, maybe here, maybe at another forum, maybe in a flea market the next town over. But get a solid price, and get honest shipping. If you at least get those, you'll feel better about your investment, instead of the feeling that you gambled a little too much.

OC47150
09-06-2002, 04:54 PM
Check out the comic shops, too. They show up there from time to time.

QLD
09-14-2002, 02:32 PM
I payed 20 bucks for both of mine. Worth every penny. But as they said, depends on how much you want it.

AdmiralPiett
09-15-2002, 06:46 PM
From purely a fun standpoint, it's a great toy. I just played with mine this morning a little and I love it. It has General Veers voice clips, lots of other accurate sounds (leg stomping, laser sounds, front cannons that sound and light up), two action figures (Veers and AT-AT driver), a light up radar screen inside, plus it's the same mold as the vintage version. I bought it on Ebay for around 70 after shipping and it's worth every penny.
Piett

Dark Knight
09-15-2002, 07:53 PM
I also was able to pick one up for $20 + 10 s/h on E-bay. Just keep looking & bid early.

Goebel the hutt
09-16-2002, 03:41 PM
no need to answer anymore im not into star wars. now im into to marvel comics enjoy your precious star wars figures you geeks

Darth Sidious
09-16-2002, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Goebel the hutt
no need to answer anymore im not into star wars. now im into to marvel comics enjoy your precious star wars figures you geeks

We most certainly will enjoy them, even if you don't want to be a part of it. Good day to you, sir.

EDIT-Oh, by the way, it looks like you will have to make some changes to your member profile. :)

OC47150
09-16-2002, 04:13 PM
I am a Star Wars geek and proud of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Fossil
09-17-2002, 08:22 AM
Who's the bigger geek? The geek who enjoys comic books, or the geek with the cool Star Wars toys?

Probably the biggest geek of all is the one that bashes his fellow geeks.

Another one bites the dust...

Darkross
09-17-2002, 11:21 AM
Who's more Geeky?... The Geek or the Geek who follows him?

Nuff said!

Turbowars
09-17-2002, 08:59 PM
Man I never thought I was a SW geek until I went to Midnight Madness. I must say there are different levels of geekness. A scale from 1 to 10, how big of a SW geek are you? I'm about 7. Lets just say, I love it, but I can't name every charactor in the Cantinas. Hey I think I'll post a thread on this