PDA

View Full Version : What would YOU like to see in 2003.

Geonosian
08-26-2002, 08:53 AM
I would like to see:
- Lama Su
- Poggle the Lesser
- Anakin robed
- Coleman Trebor
- Geonosian gaurd
- Ai Wa with Kaminoian rider
- Geonosian Picador with Orray.
- Blue dug from dex's dinner.

What would YOU like to see in 2003......

bigbarada
08-26-2002, 02:27 PM
I would love for Hasbro to show the same level of commitment to ROTJ as they do the rest of the saga. Namely:

Since we got two Snaggletooths in the POTF2 and POTJ line, here are some Jabba's palace second versions we need to see:

Wooof - the original Klaatu from the vintage line
Kithaba - the Klatooinian who was right behind Luke on the prisoners' skiff
Nikto - the one either on the prisoners' skiff (the one Lando tussled with) or the guards' skiff (which would be the same as the vintage version)
Queequay - the second Weequay on the prisoners' skiff
Gamorean Guard with pike - the ones that Luke force choked

Resculpts of key characters from ROTJ:
Han Carbonite
Luke Jedi
Lando Skiff
Leia Boushh
Chewie Boushh's Bounty
Leia Endor
Vader Removable Helmet
Emperor Palpatine
Jabba with throne
Wicket
Bib Fortuna

First timers (in the modern line):
Imperial Dignitary (both of them)
Moff Jerjerrod
General Madine
Chief Chirpa
Wooly Riis (the Rebel Trooper who disguised himself as a Biker Scout)
Hermi Odle
Yarna
Cane Adiss

Vehicles/Playsets/Accessories:
Jabba's Sail Barge
retooled, more accurate TIE Interceptor
Ewok Village playset
Shield Bunker playset
Sarlacc beast/playset

There's more, but you get the idea. That's all the stuff I would like to see in 2003.:)

Rogue II
08-26-2002, 02:42 PM
I'm feeling lazy so I will copy other people's lists. I know we won't get all of this stuff in 2003, but I expect to see it all by the end of 2006.

First, I want everything off of Bigbarada's list.
Anything off of Emperor Jargo's list in this thread: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13300

And possibly:
Generic Rebel Pilot w/ R2 unit and ladder
Rebel Technician with tools
Ewok Accessory pack version 2.0 (w/ C-3PO's throne, catapult, bows, arrows, baby Ewoks, etc.)
Jawa Accessory pack (Jawas, droids, tools, etc.)
Death Star Gunner with Turbo Blaster (Something similar to the Deluxe Leia)
And a series of Imperial and Rebel Command troops with control panels and display screens.

<in a Beavis voice> Yeah, yeah, that would be cool.

mini-rock
08-26-2002, 02:53 PM
I collect only the 12" line, but would love to see some female Jedi. Any female Jedi would be great. :)

evenflow
08-26-2002, 04:02 PM
ROTJ Jabba the Hutt
Yarna Da'l Gargan
Yareal Poof
Even Piell
Oppo Rascisis
Yaddle
Coleman Trebor
Trash COmpactor monster with compactor
Qui-lon VOs (a new EU line would be awesome)
Imperial Dignitaries

RooJay
08-26-2002, 06:59 PM
I would like to see fewer "action features", more neutrally posed figures, more figures with better articulation, magnets in the Jedi belts for the metal saber hilts to hang on, more arena Jedi, "motion blades", more classic trilogy figures, a separate EU line (not as an addition to the Saga line that would take the place of movie figures, but a completely separate, compatible line), an Imperial Shuttle (I refuse to acknowledge the existence of any overpriced, underproduced exclusive that the vast majority of fans will never have even the option of owning!), more vehicles, far, FAR fewer repainted, retooled, rereleases of older figures, and a lot more completely new characters/ figures/ sculpts in lines such as the recent accessory sets and cantina aliens sets, MORE accessory sets with more appropriate accessories, more cantina aliens sets with never before produced characters, more playsets along the lines of the AOTC Arena, an Acklay (if he's shipped, he hasn't reached my area yet!), handmaidens, the rest of the Jedi Council (TPM AND AOTC!), more and better troop builder multi-packs (how about four different figures? At least four different head sculpts!), and the return of Cinema Scenes (three-packs, two-packs..no matter!); only with fewer resculpts and more new characters. Basically, I don't ask for much more than a little common sense on Hasbro's part.

Jargo
08-26-2002, 07:05 PM
stuff...

Geonosian
08-26-2002, 07:48 PM
Great lists soo far...

Do you think anyone from my list has a chance of being made?

Darth Sidious
08-26-2002, 08:21 PM
Hailfire Droids
Hailfire Droids
Hailfire Droids
Hailfire Droids
Hailfire Droids
Hailfire Droids
Hailfire Droids
Hailfire Droids
Hailfire Droids
HAILFIRE DROIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...They could be in a 3 pack, like the Droid fighters (EPI).

Oh, and with rolling wheels and missiles with a turning firing knob on the back, like in Jango's Slave 1.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-26-2002, 08:42 PM
I'd like to see new characters, yes, but also some resculpts of jacked-up figures from this year (some of which have been rumored). Like:
*Anakin (Naboo) - Real-sized, not tiny, no damn saber coming out of his damn arm, and no damn action pose! DAMMIT!!! :D:D:D
*Padmé (Arena) - Not crappy, in the torn outfit (can wait a few years for this one).
*Kit Fisto - Neutral posed, maybe with cloak or smiling. :D
*Boba Fett - REAL colored. :rolleyes: No clone markings on arms (he doesn't have these in the movie!).
*Shaak Ti - In Jedi Council Chair. I won't list other Jedi with this option, they should come with these if they had them in the movie.
*Jar Jar - Less dynamic. But I'd like to see him in the other costume and not the same one this soon, a few years down the road.
*Luminara Unduli - Not psycho! :crazed:
*Count Dooku - Gimme a neutral Hertius!
*Mace Windu - With lots of good stuff.
*Palpatine - in a chair

Lord Tenebrous
08-26-2002, 08:45 PM
2003 basic is fairly booked already. From rumors and lists we have:

Collection 1:

Anakin Skywalker (Naboo Union)
Darth Tyranus (Hangar Duel)
Mace Windu (Arena Battle)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Arena Battle)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Master)
Padme Amidala (Coruscant Escape)
Padme Amidala (Droid Foundry)
R2-D2 (Droid Foundry)

Collection 2:

Aayla Secura (Arena Battle)
Boba Fett (Jabba's Palace) [a big thumbs-down if this turns out to be Collection 1]
Bail Organa
Barris Offee (Arena Battle)
Bespin Pilot
Darth Sidious
Imperial Dignitary
Lama Su
Library Droids
Poggle the Lesser
Stormtrooper (McQuarrie Concept Design)
Tusken Raider (Battle Damage)

Unspecified:

Star Wars Saga Figure #82863
Star Wars Saga Figure #84296
Star Wars Saga Figure #84313

About 14 more Collection 1, and 4-5 more Collection 2. I'd imagine we're getting lots more resculpts, so perhaps this thread should be, "What do you want in 2004?"

But hopefully half this list is Eopie dung, and we'll get a lot of pleasant surprises next year. Or it could be like 2000, with a lot of figures that go for $20 on the secondary market. :(

Rogue II
08-26-2002, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Geonosian
Great lists soo far...

Do you think anyone from my list has a chance of being made?
Of course some or all of them will be made, in time. Remember, ATOC was only released 4 months ago. Over the next couple years, we should be getting lots of figures. Hasbro tends to make more obscure figures in non-movie years.

Keep in mind, some of us have been waiting since the start of the POTF2 line for some of the Classic Trilogy figures. That's 7 years.

Geonosian
08-26-2002, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
2003 basic is fairly booked already. From rumors and lists we have:

Collection 1:

Anakin Skywalker (Naboo Union)
Darth Tyranus (Hangar Duel)
Mace Windu (Arena Battle)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Arena Battle)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Master)
Padme Amidala (Coruscant Escape)
Padme Amidala (Droid Foundry)
R2-D2 (Droid Foundry)

Collection 2:

Aayla Secura (Arena Battle)
Boba Fett (Jabba's Palace) [a big thumbs-down if this turns out to be Collection 1]
Bail Organa
Barris Offee (Arena Battle)
Bespin Pilot
Darth Sidious
Imperial Dignitary
Lama Su
Library Droids
Poggle the Lesser
Stormtrooper (McQuarrie Concept Design)
Tusken Raider (Battle Damage)

Unspecified:

About 14 more Collection 1, and 4-5 more Collection 2. I'd imagine we're getting lots more resculpts, so perhaps this thread should be, "What do you want in 2004?"

But hopefully half this list is Eopie dung, and we'll get a lot of pleasant surprises next year. Or it could be like 2000, with a lot of figures that go for $20 on the secondary market. :( May I ask where did yoy get this list?

Geonosian
08-26-2002, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II

Of course some or all of them will be made, in time. Remember, ATOC was only released 4 months ago. Over the next couple years, we should be getting lots of figures. Hasbro tends to make more obscure figures in non-movie years.
Really?! Which figures will most likly come out next year?

Beast
08-26-2002, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Geonosian
Really?! Which figures will most likly come out next year?
Whatever figures that Hasbro makes. The ones that they have confirmed are sure bets, and those ones listed on retailer sheets are likely. Beyond that, noone outside Hasbro knows for sure. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Geonosian
08-27-2002, 12:01 AM
JJB, what would you like to see..

QLD
08-27-2002, 04:31 AM
I want to see some good wrestling figures made for once.

And whatever Star Wars toys they feel like making. I am a born sucker, and will buy whatever, no matter how crappy it is. So just whatever they want to do is fine with me.

Geonosian
08-27-2002, 08:39 AM
I see...

Figureman2
08-27-2002, 11:00 AM
My requests are very simple: more EU figures. Half the stuff in EU is just as good as the films and I don't see why I should be shortchanged! I mean, sure, everyone wants more Cantina Aliens and Jabba's Palace Denziens, but really, any way you look at it, they're minor characters which will really only sell among collectors anyway. What about major characters in EU? Corran Horn, anyone? Joruus C'baoth? Mara Jade from Mysteries of the Sith? Kyle Katarn, Jedi Knight? Jerec? I'm not making unreasonable demands here, and this is the reason:
Kids will buy anything with a lightsaber. All of the aforementioned people will include lightsabers. This way, collectors get their characters, kids get the light and dark Jedi that they love so much. And, in every wave of Jedi from EU, we can get some more obscure characters. I figure if it may be done with Aayla Secura (as that list states), then why would kids be more likely to buy a Jedi with two seconds of screentime than a Jedi with no seconds of screentime, especially with the right packaging? Think about it.

Marco
08-27-2002, 11:13 AM
The Towani Family from the Ewok Movies and of course King Terak.

Darth Sidious
08-27-2002, 03:32 PM
I would love a Joruus... Alas, a Joruus...Oh...umm, bring on the Hailfire Droids!!! :D

Rogue II
08-27-2002, 04:31 PM
I doubt they will ever make Ewok movie figures. EU figures have a better chance than those.

As the first Chief I worked for when I joined the Air Force told me...

If you want in one hand and poop in the other, which hand gets full first?:D

jedihunter25
08-27-2002, 05:20 PM
Less remakes and more characters and vechicles that have not been done yet.

Eternal Padawan
08-28-2002, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
stuff... What he said...

More to the point, what he said in ad nauseum other threads about this very subject. You can only make so many comprehensive lists of everything Hasbro HASN'T made yet, before you become sick of the whole ordeal and just sit back and wait and see what they decide to crank out with a waning interest while contemplating getting out of the whole collecting shtick altogether because it's actually causing you more stress than enjoyment because of the scalpers and lousy distribution and "Exclusive" pegs that sit empty in Target stores across the country so much so that you wonder if all the effort you put into these silly little toys might not be better spent on something worthwhile like instituting peace in the middle east or ending apartheid....

What? They ended apartheid?

oh.....

Well then, I want Rebel Techs in gray jumpsuits and those nifty little golf cart thingies they drive around in on Yavin and those movable repair catwalks they had on Hoth and a new version of the vintage Vehicle Maitenance Energizer.

(by the way, that was my stab at a jargo rant...how'd I do?)

ROLLO!

bigbarada
08-31-2002, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous

Wow! That's great news! You have no idea how long I have been wishing for those three figures! :rolleyes:

This gives me new hope that we will see Figure #38975993 and Figure #884305678893479824987639872874349623984707 in the near future!:D:D