PDA

View Full Version : What is going to happen to this site after EPS 3

scruffziller
08-26-2002, 12:20 PM
The buzz even now is winding down on the movie forums. General Discussion is the hotpoint nowadays. It seems since the movies (until a new triliogy:cry: *praying frantically*) that the site will not be visited enough and will have close its doors. I hope enough projects of the SW nature will continue to keep this site going for eternity.:)

Patient Zero
08-26-2002, 12:27 PM
Never thought about it, but it is an upsetting thought. I have so much fun here.

Pendo
08-26-2002, 12:30 PM
I hope this place never closes it's doors. I'm sure it will last a little longer than 2005 because collecting won't suddenly stop after then.

I'm going to have nightmares tonight :(.

:cry::cry:

PENDO!

bigbarada
08-26-2002, 12:42 PM
It's a little wierd that the Ep3 sections aren't really seeing as much traffic as the Ep2 sections after TPM. It can't be because more people are avoiding spoilers, since the non-spoiler section is just as dead. Maybe people are just avoiding thoughts of Ep3 altogether. It might pick up in a year or two.

I know that I have been suffering from a dilapidated interest in Star Wars in the last few months, but my interests kind of come in phases. Right now I am on a LOTR buzz (and Legend of Zelda, since the new GC game should be out next year).

darthvyn
08-26-2002, 12:45 PM
well, if stuff like this happens, the site will never cease to have stuff to talk about...

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12123&highlight=star+wars+cartoon

Pendo
08-26-2002, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
It's a little wierd that the Ep3 sections aren't really seeing as much traffic as the Ep2 sections after TPM. It can't be because more people are avoiding spoilers, since the non-spoiler section is just as dead. Maybe people are just avoiding thoughts of Ep3 altogether. It might pick up in a year or two.

I know the non-spoiler section will never be as popular as the spoiler section but I've been trying hard to keep it alive and I don't think it's too dead there are many interesting topics being discussed in there.

Obviously I can't comment on the Spoiler section though because I'm one of those weirdos who have decided to be spoiler free :rolleyes:.

I think the Episode 2 sections had more traffic because it was closer to the release, but the release of Episode III is just under 3 years away.

PENDO!

darthvyn
08-26-2002, 01:03 PM
pendo, that's true too... the ep III non-spoilers section was super-hot for a little bit after the release of ep II, and has died down a little... i'm still in there though, and i am also one of those "weirdos" who don't want to know every detail of a movie two years before it even comes out...

2-1B
08-26-2002, 01:20 PM
bigB, I see the lack of E3 discussions just as a product of downtime. Since there are no spoilers yet, I don't even care to talk about it. Next year at this time I expect it to be well traveled.

I'll never leave this site as long as SirSteve will have me. :happy:

bigbarada
08-26-2002, 01:44 PM
I figured that the Ep3 section would start to pick up in a couple of years as 2005 starts to get closer. Of course, once the really big spoilers start to show up, I will definitely start to visit there more often. Although I think more fans will be going spoiler-free this time around.

Rogue II
08-26-2002, 01:57 PM
I'm still reading the spoilers. I read a lot of them before I saw ATOC, and the movie still suprised me.

I don't think the lack of traffic is limited to the Episode 3 Spoilers. The Saga Toys, General Discussion, and Poll Forums are the only 3 that seem to get a lot of traffic now. Many of those threads in the Saga Forum are all either about "What's coming next" or Rumors about the toys.

I look forward to SirSteve bringing me all the Star Wars News I need for at least the next 4 years (hopefully longer).

bigbarada
08-26-2002, 02:04 PM
One thing I am wondering is how the movie discussion threads will be organized after Ep3 is gone from the theaters and the entire saga is on DVD. Will the prequel films each have their own forum while the Classic Trilogy is still crammed into one forum? Or will we have a Prequel Trilogy and Classic Trilogy forums with no individual movie forums?

Geonosian
08-26-2002, 08:08 PM
Well I just want to see new Episode 2 figures.
Right now Iam counting down the days until The Two Towers and Legend Of Zelda.

Rogue II
08-26-2002, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
One thing I am wondering is how the movie discussion threads will be organized after Ep3 is gone from the theaters and the entire saga is on DVD. Will the prequel films each have their own forum while the Classic Trilogy is still crammed into one forum? Or will we have a Prequel Trilogy and Classic Trilogy forums with no individual movie forums?

Good question. Well, it could depend on how much GL changes the Classic trilogy for the DVD release. It will probably be Prequel and Classic forums. Maybe he will cave in and let someone make an animated series again. That could warrent a TV thread. GL has been known to change is mind....from time to time.

hango fett
08-26-2002, 09:03 PM
i think we should have enough people still interested to talk about everything SW to keep the site up. hope we do!
h

TylerD
08-27-2002, 01:29 AM
I think these forums will still be here. I am actually looking forward to the "lull" in Star Wars interest between the movies. For me, it means finding super deals on the collectibles that used to be "Hot!" right when the movie came out. I will admit that I did lose interest between EPI and EP2, but I think it just made me stronger, and I will not be the same this time. But who knows?

scruffziller
08-27-2002, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by darthvyn
well, if stuff like this happens, the site will never cease to have stuff to talk about...

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12123&highlight=star+wars+cartoon

Absolutely!!!!!!!!!:D

There will be more too look forward to after EPS 3 with the OT coming out on DVD.

JEDIpartner
08-27-2002, 09:40 PM
They are going to turn the site into a parking lot or let it go back to being a field.

Eternal Padawan
08-28-2002, 01:44 AM
What? No Comment from the man himself?

Worst Case scenario...SSG closes it's doors and we all descend upon a prechosen forum site for whatever is the hot movie dujour (I vote LOTR) and make demands on the administrator.

Can you imagine all of the regulars showing up in a different forum all at once?

CHAOS! :D

ROLLO!

Mar10Sir
08-28-2002, 02:28 AM
George Lucas will be kidnapped by some wacko (a' la "Misery") and tortured 'til he writes episodes VII - IX.

JEDIpartner
08-28-2002, 08:39 AM
Hasn't he already? Isn't that wacko's name Rick McCallum??? :crazed:

Master Goeweins
08-28-2002, 10:27 AM
HAHAHAHA!

I think there will always be a need to be here. I like the General Discussions area because I can talk all things of life with people that share the same driving passion of SW I have. My SW passion will not stop and neither will all life things not SW, so I will still be here to chat it up with whoever sticks it out. More than likely, it would be all the regulars anyways.... sounds good to me.